AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 14:09   Link #1741
Aleister

After reading one of Omimon's spoilers about Hana, I have to ask, just what is Araragi's obsession(?) with Karen?
From my understanding, he would be inclined to persue some kind of romantic relationship with her if it was legal.
But then Senjougahara would have to kill them both.

-Character change-
Oh yeah, btw. If i'm remembering this correctly, the 1st cat is because of her family and the 2nd because of Araragi.

Then what is the 3rd cat about? Her house burning down?

Also, there is something Shikijin said that confused me a bit.
In Shiro, Hanekawa tells Araragi she loves him, but she's rejected because he loves Senjougahara.
Shikijin said that Hanekawa came to love him more then and that even though they loved each other, it didn't work out.
My question is, didn't Araragi realize in the end of Kuro that what he felt for Hanekawa wasn't love?
I take it from the way he talks that it's something like profound respect and he feels he has a huge debt to her.

Last edited by Aleister; 2012-01-21 at 15:05.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:01   Link #1742
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister View Post
After reading one of Omimon's spoilers about Hana, I have to ask, just what is Araragi's obsession(?) with Karen?
From my understanding, he would be inclined to persue some kind of romantic relationship with her if it was legal.
But then Senjougahara would have to kill them both.

-Character change-
Oh yeah, btw. If i'm remembering this correctly, the 1st cat is because of her family and the 2nd because of Araragi.

Then what is the 3rd cat about?
Spoiler for lol:
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:11   Link #1743
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Why do I smell anti-Hitagi sentiments in the air?

Personally though I don't favor any of the characters, so I'm taking this all in stride.

You're right about the date though, when does it take place?
The only anti-Hitagi sentiment you get is from omimon, which is nothing new.

Spoiler for koi:

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:04   Link #1744
Shikijin

Quote:
My question is, didn't Araragi realize in the end of Kuro that what he felt for Hanekawa wasn't love?
Spoiler for nekokuro:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 17:05   Link #1745
Aleister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Spoiler for nekokuro:
Wait, a non-romantic breakup? What is the mechanics of that?

Something I noticed, rather late, is how Araragi can say that the most important person to him, the person he loves the most, and the person(s) he wants to protect are not the same person at all. He puts Hanekawa on a pedestal, loves Senjougahara, and protects his sisters. Not to mention the person he has most fun with, Hachikuji. Or had.

Given his hero syndrome I know that he would always protect anyone, but hey, family comes first.

Given the hypothetical situation of him only being able to save Hanekawa or Senjougahara, he would be completely screwed.
Saves Hanekawa, she'll probably feel to guilty to make a move on him, not to mention if he'll be able to move on at all.
Saves Senjougahara, she probably breaks up with him because he didn't save the person he should save, from her POV, at least.
Old 2012-01-21, 18:59   Link #1746
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

Something I noticed, rather late, is how Araragi can say that the most important person to him, the person he loves the most, and the person(s) he wants to protect are not the same person at all. He puts Hanekawa on a pedestal, loves Senjougahara, and protects his sisters. Not to mention the person he has most fun with, Hachikuji. Or had.

Given his hero syndrome I know that he would always protect anyone, but hey, family comes first.

Given the hypothetical situation of him only being able to save Hanekawa or Senjougahara, he would be completely screwed.
Saves Hanekawa, she'll probably feel to guilty to make a move on him, not to mention if he'll be able to move on at all.
Saves Senjougahara, she probably breaks up with him because he didn't save the person he should save, from her POV, at least.
Don't forget Shinobu, the person he wants to be with and die together.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:33   Link #1747
zp92
へへへ

I have a couple questions
Spoiler for Questions:
zp92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 03:51   Link #1748
Aleister

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Don't forget Shinobu, the person he wants to be with and die together.
That so, or are you trolling?

Spoiler for shinobu:

I know you adore Shinobu, but don't go trolling on me, Omimon.

Also, I have a question about Hanekawa.
Spoiler for hanekawa:

Last edited by Aleister; 2012-01-22 at 04:55.
Old 2012-01-22, 05:02   Link #1749
Shikijin

Quote:
The LNs use exquisite language to express subtle nuances.

Using crass words, one could simply say that Araragi loved Hanekawa. That's the reason why everyone thought Araragi was going to date her instead of Senjougahara.

Things simply didn't work out. I think the matter is that Hanekawa was going to help herself. Araragi couldn't help Kisshot. Senjougahara was the first girl he managed to actually help. That's the difference between Senjougahara and the others.
Quote:
I think he would be going to save Hanekawa, while sending Shinobu to save Senjougahara
Old 2012-01-22, 06:27   Link #1750
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hey novel readers, how far off is Shinobu from talking? Episode 4? 5? Or do we have to wait for the second half of Nise to see this? Also safe to say that Nise will have 4 OPs? Hitagi, Karen, Tsukihi and Shinobu? (Maaya <3)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 06:48   Link #1751
Shikijin

Shinobu will talk in the next episode. I don't know how many OPs there will be. It is safe to say there should be at least Tsukihi OP, and it is very likely there will be even Shinobu OP, but I can't assure anything.
Old 2012-01-22, 06:53   Link #1752
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

Spoiler for shinobu:

I know you adore Shinobu, but don't go trolling on me, Omimon.
Shinobu definitely loves him. Araragi sees her as his soulmate, quite literally I might add. Araragi have said repeatly that he'll kill himself if she dies. He fully intends to spend all of eternity with her.

BTW, my trolling only involves putting information out of context and is only direct at non-LN people. I never lie straight out.
Old 2012-01-22, 07:16   Link #1753
Aleister

Quote:
Shinobu definitely loves him. Araragi sees her as his soulmate, quite literally I might add. Araragi have said repeatly that he'll kill himself if she dies. He fully intends to spend all of eternity with her.

BTW, my trolling only involves putting information out of context and is only direct at non-LN people. I never lie straight out.
So
He loves Senjougahara
The most important person to him is Hanekawa
His soul-mate is Shinobu
He wants to always be with Senjougahara
He know he will spend eternity with Shinobu

Whaaaaaat?

Wait. By using literally, are you saying it's because of the vampire connection and not romantic? Or at least one over the other?
Now that I think about it, maybe Senjougahara's relationship with Araragi is like Holo and Lawrence (sex-switch of course), minus the vampire.
They love and spend time with each other, but in the long run, one of them will die and the other will eventually move on but never forget.
So it's more a matter of enjoying the present and not being concerned about the future.
Or some sappy stuff like that.

I would really like to just forget the anime and just read the novels from the beginning, to maybe get another perspective. I am way too biased in favor of Senjougahara. It may blind me to the bigger picture.

I got to hand it to you though. In the long run, mybe 100 years or so Araragi might actually start something with Shinobu.

Last edited by Aleister; 2012-01-22 at 07:50.
Old 2012-01-22, 07:23   Link #1754
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Shinobu will talk in the next episode. I don't know how many OPs there will be. It is safe to say there should be at least Tsukihi OP, and it is very likely there will be even Shinobu OP, but I can't assure anything.
Awesome, can't wait too see Shinobu finally join the verbal warfare that goes on in this show.

Oh a Tsukihi OP is something you can bet your house on, I'm just thinking that if Shinobu plays a somewhat major role in the 2nd half she'll get her own OP. IIRC she had a fairly big role.. but I read those spoilers years ago and considering this is airing now it's not something I want to reread. Would also be a waste to have the best singer of the female seiyuus not give us a song Though I guess a Maaya and Supercell collab for Kizumonogatari would be a no brainer...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 07:37   Link #1755
Shikijin

Yeah. Since Maaya Sakamoto can sing, it would be a waste not to have an OP for her.
Old 2012-01-22, 07:54   Link #1756
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
So
He loves Senjougahara
The most important person to him is Hanekawa
His soul-mate is Shinobu
He wants to always be with Senjougahara
He know he will spend eternity with Shinobu
Whaaaaaat?Wait. By using literally, are you saying it's because of the vampire connection and not romantic? Or at least one over the other?
Now that I think about it, maybe Senjougahara's relationship with Araragi is like Holo and Lawrence (sex-switch of course), minus the vampire.
They love and spend time with each other, but in the long run, one of them will die and the other will eventually move on but never forget.
So it's more a matter of enjoying the present and not being concerned about the future. Or some sappy stuff like that.I would really like to just forget the anime and just read the novels from the beginning, to maybe get another perspective. I am way too biased in favor of Senjougahara. It may blind me to the bigger picture.
When I say eternity I actually mean ETERNITY. Shinobu and Araragi are vampires so even though they are both near-human, it's very likely they are immortals that can live forever. Kabuki have shown that when there is nothing left in the world that matters to them, they will travel the world and be together forever. Their relationship is confusing. It's not romantic but at the same they devote their very lives upon each other.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:36   Link #1757
Aleister

Quote:
When I say eternity I actually mean ETERNITY. Shinobu and Araragi are vampires so even though they are both near-human, it's very likely they are immortals that can live forever. Kabuki have shown that when there is nothing left in the world that matters to them, they will travel the world and be together forever. Their relationship is confusing. It's not romantic but at the same they devote their very lives upon each other.
Well, Senjougahara's love, Hachikuji and Kanbaru's friendship, the power to protect and the ability to feed his hero syndrome and more, would he have any of that if it wasn't for the fact that he met shinobu that night?
He probably owes to her everything that happens from that night onwards, for better or worse.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:38   Link #1758
Korsar13

Quote:
Kizumonogatari, last chapter

Quote:
"If tomorrow you die my life will last until tomorrow -- if today you live, I too will live today."
So I vowed aloud.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:49   Link #1759
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Well, Senjougahara's love, Hachikuji and Kanbaru's friendship, the power to protect and the ability to feed his hero syndrome and more, would he have any of that if it wasn't for the fact that he met shinobu that night?
He probably owes to her everything that happens from that night onwards, for better or worse.
Yes and no. He was totally alright with being a loner and having no friends.
Old 2012-01-22, 21:13   Link #1760
redgrnbluylw

A few questions. What's Shinobu's opinion on Hitagi? Do they approve of each other, at least?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance