AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-30, 12:30   Link #81
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
"Slightly" is a pretty weak word.
Slightly like Snape is slightly prejudiced against Gryffindors. I was attempting to be humorous >_<
Old 2009-04-30, 13:52   Link #82
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Another good episode it was a good set for what I assume would be the next or even next 2 episodes.

So basically we a case of another fat pompous perverted general convinced of his own superiority even though he earned his rank from his family and not through hard work and in the end his troops paid the price for his arrogance. The fool even left the battlefield first that damn coward. What they needed was Patton he would should them whats up that crazy SOB would dived straight in.

Alicia and Welkin comedic routine gets me everytime especially Alicia's facial expressions her expressions are almost as good as Yumi from Maria-Sama. Falido enters the picture once again and his analogy of Ares and Aphrodite had me on the floor of course Welkin oblivious to whats going missed the whole thing. If that wasnt enough here come the pink panties LMAO poor Alicia she was defenseless this time around yet she stayed there talking to Faldio even after the incident. Her reward was a little deeper insight into how Welkin thinks and it paid off as we see that his decision not go saved all of squad 7's lives.

However we all knew once that moron failed they send in squad 7 but this time Faldio's troops are backing them up the next episode we should see some heavy fighting at least i hope so. I dont see any death flags for Faldio yet its too early for them to start waving but his interest in Alicia is apparent.

um yea that Price guy is like a combination of Lelouch and Ceaser all rolled into one. What i want to find out is if there is a spy wandering around. The enemy knew about the attack plans well in advance.
Old 2009-04-30, 15:00   Link #83
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Slightly like Snape is slightly prejudiced against Gryffindors. I was attempting to be humorous >_<
Yet another example of text not-conveying meaning. lol

When I say that to myself in my mind I get what you meant.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-04-30, 16:12   Link #84
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

The best thing about this episode is

Spoiler:

Therefore 10/10.
Old 2009-04-30, 18:01   Link #85
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

gay character in anime? i haven't seen many of those, which is why it didn't cross my mind.

anywho, when do we get the Alicia shower scene?
Old 2009-04-30, 22:56   Link #86
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The anime so far hasn't done anything wrong, but it hasn't done anything to make me blink an eye. It remains very average, and I hope that the anime will soon show me something to truly get excited about.
Old 2009-05-01, 05:00   Link #87
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
anywho, when do we get the Alicia shower scene?
Never. I don't think Sega would allow that, the game is probably going to surpass 200k sold in Japan soon (including The Best version) and so a sequel will likely be greenlighted. For Japan onry, the sales of the game were a disaster in North America.
Old 2009-05-01, 07:32   Link #88
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Never. I don't think Sega would allow that, the game is probably going to surpass 200k sold in Japan soon (including The Best version) and so a sequel will likely be greenlighted. For Japan onry, the sales of the game were a disaster in North America.
It's recovering a bit now with the release of the DLC and the word-of-mouth spread of the Gospel of Valkyria. We still have hope. According to the Sega of America blog we're holding the number five spot in the US. So it's no longer a 'disaster', but we probably need to keep this up a bit in order to get the sequel greenlit over here.
Old 2009-05-01, 07:32   Link #89
Father Hentai

Just saw the episode. It's a nice filler which shows good officers and bad officers and Selvarias boobs. what else do we need? ah yes. Alicias pantsu!
Old 2009-05-01, 09:35   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Just saw the episode. It's a nice filler which shows good officers and bad officers and Selvarias boobs. what else do we need? ah yes. Alicias pantsu!
It's not a filler episode. Just because there's no action doesn't mean it's a filler episode. It's a set up/character interaction episode.
Old 2009-05-01, 13:21   Link #91
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
They didn't really advertise in the US, I didn't realize a game existed myself until until I came across the first episode and Wiki'd it to get the general plot. Advertise a bit more, and sales would have been higher by default. And when I say advertise, I wasn't referring to extensive commercial time on TV or anything, but maybe some promotional pamphlets in every fellow Sega game. More demos would have been cool, too.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-05-01 at 16:49.
Old 2009-05-01, 16:24   Link #92
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not a filler episode. Just because there's no action doesn't mean it's a filler episode. It's a set up/character interaction episode.
I consider it a filler because it´s an anime original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The anime so far hasn't done anything wrong, but it hasn't done anything to make me blink an eye. It remains very average, and I hope that the anime will soon show me something to truly get excited about.
I disagree,the character designs,wrong weapons (ie largo using a gun),very short battle scenes.

I feel tha they´re wasting VC plot,hope i´m wrong and this gets more action and focus on importan characters like Isara instead of showing useless characters like Sussie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
It's recovering a bit now with the release of the DLC and the word-of-mouth spread of the Gospel of Valkyria. We still have hope...
Yay!,Sega is considering a sequel,let´s hope it gets made.
Old 2009-05-01, 17:57   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
I disagree,the character designs,wrong weapons (ie largo using a gun),very short battle scenes.
Now then, putting the short battle scenes aside, the anime did not do anything wrong with the character designs and wrong weapons or whatever. That is simply you not liking changes.

A good example I have experienced is with Suikoden DS. There were some people going "They do not have this" or "They do not have that" and said that the game did something wrong. Even though complaining about changes on such simple stuff (like in your case, one of the silliest things to say is wrong "Character designs" when few anime actually keep the original ones) is just you not liking everything following the way you like.
If I got my meaning across...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-01, 18:59   Link #94
Miraluka
Banned

WT... the show have Sargento Garcia in the staff.

Wait, Maximilouche is voiced by Hangyaku no Jun ? well, imperalist roles for him
Old 2009-05-01, 19:22   Link #95
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

@serenade_beta hmm,so are you saying that the complete change in the personality of alicia is a small change?
or what about the lack of screentime for Isara?
She plays a vital role in the game an yet the anime ignores her as if she was a support character.

I´m not liking this because it causes missconeptions if i´m not mistaken you thought that Isara wasn´t an important character and 'people only wanted to see more of her because of her Seiyuu right?

If sega decided to release this anime to promote the game and people buy it hoping to get something similar they´re in for a surprise.
Old 2009-05-01, 19:27   Link #96
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Ehh~ the anime seems to be falling for the usual unpleasantries, but its not too bad, talking and exposition is supported by a decent script. That bit about General Damon was a bit lazy and uncreative...show don't tell, kinda like what they did with Gen. Gregor or w/e. Don't tell us he's an arse, show! xD

The changes...aren't the best since i don't know where they're taking this, and i think the game rather told the story well. they really seem to be focusing too much on a few characters...i guess i can be glad i played the game :P

Last edited by shcfyd; 2009-05-01 at 19:50.
Old 2009-05-01, 19:54   Link #97
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i plan on buying the game when i go home. on another forum i go to, they have a thread dedicated to how good the game is.
Old 2009-05-01, 20:52   Link #98
jwai

Hurrah, Squads 1 and 7 are playing fire brigade next episode!

I wonder if Damon gets a court martial for gross incompetence and cowardice, or otherwise meets an ignoble end later on.
Old 2009-05-01, 21:55   Link #99
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
Ehh~ the anime seems to be falling for the usual unpleasantries, but its not too bad, talking and exposition is supported by a decent script. That bit about General Damon was a bit lazy and uncreative...show don't tell, kinda like what they did with Gen. Gregor or w/e. Don't tell us he's an arse, show!
They did show it, when his comrades were being decimated and he bailed on them like the selfish coward that he was.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:56   Link #100
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
I wonder if Damon gets a court martial for gross incompetence and cowardice, or otherwise meets an ignoble end later on.
As a game player I'll say:

You may be right, and you may be wrong.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Closed Thread