AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 04:42   Link #1001
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
After only 2 episodes eh?
From the information so far sounds like the most obvious explanation. I had thought something similar myself, though I'm not really sure of the paper Mami plays in all this.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 04:50   Link #1002
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
I see you watch To Love-Ru. Makes me wonder how you think that her sipping tea after the fight is considered over-the-top. I hardly even noticed it.
She just destroyed a witch, and for a celebration started sipping a cup of tea. If that's not over-the-top, then i don't know what is.
Old 2011-01-15, 05:03   Link #1003
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
If that's not over-the-top, then i don't know what is.
It's a generic FF Celebration. Somebody should do a spoof of it.
Old 2011-01-15, 05:04   Link #1004
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
I see you watch To Love-Ru. Makes me wonder how you think that her sipping tea after the fight is considered over-the-top. I hardly even noticed it.
I fail to see the connection between this and To Love-ru. The tea thing is just one of the little things that made me unable to take this "witch hunt" seriously. I really disliked Mami's attitude throughout the whole fight, by the way. It seemed like it was just a game for her.
Old 2011-01-15, 05:17   Link #1005
mikoo
Banned

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 06:39   Link #1006
scr
my sides are in orbit

My eyeeesssssss

Also, 1001+ posts over 2 episode?!

Anyway folks, i have this gut feeling about their world being in Matrix-like condition. Like, that what they think is real isn't actually real. Normally i can go on and on when it comes to speculah, but i don't know how to put this in words.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 06:51   Link #1007
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Also, 1001+ posts over 2 episode?!
A lot of those posts were made before the series aired.
Old 2011-01-15, 07:25   Link #1008
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Watched episode 2 for the third time and there is something Mami said that I can't get out of my mind: when she throw the Grief Seed to Homura, she tells her she can have it -"you can use [it] once - and is obviously displeased by her refusal.
I see no reason why Mami would go out of her way to help Homura, since they are rivals of sort and as Mami said, Homura has some great powers, so she should be able to get her own GriefSeeds.
Rather, it seems like she uses this occasion to offer her a bigger deal : "You can use one, I give it to you". Not referring to the GriefSeed, but something more valuable : Sayaka and Madoka.
This scene leads me to think that if Mami wants to see Sayaka and Madoka turn into magical girls so badly (and other people reached the same conclusion) it's because some magical girls (Mami being one of them) may have to steal/eat their counterparts Soul Gem to survive or not to turn into witches themselves.

tl;dr : +1 for the cannibalism theory
Old 2011-01-15, 07:44   Link #1009
tsunade666

does the grief seed really look like a darken soul gem to you guys? because when I first saw it.... well their are resemblance. But the creature is totally not like a human anymore..... I wonder where is Sayaka and Mami in the first scene when Madoka saw Homura fighting the world ends enemy.
Old 2011-01-15, 08:12   Link #1010
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
does the grief seed really look like a darken soul gem to you guys? because when I first saw it.... well their are resemblance. But the creature is totally not like a human anymore..... I wonder where is Sayaka and Mami in the first scene when Madoka saw Homura fighting the world ends enemy.
Consider that what we see is completely different to Mami's description, there's no light or energy flowing from grief seed to soul gem. Instead we see darkness flowing out of the soul gem. It's possible that whoever ends up at the end of the proverbial bucket chain of dark energy ends up corrupted into a witch.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 08:15   Link #1011
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Consider that what we see is completely different to Mami's description, there's no light or energy flowing from grief seed to soul gem. Instead we see darkness flowing out of the soul gem. It's possible that whoever ends up at the end of the proverbial bucket chain of dark energy ends up corrupted into a witch.
Perhaps the real competition is who's the last one standing, and that's the person who has their wish granted.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 08:33   Link #1012
tsunade666

If the last one standing would be the one who would get the wish granted and the whole become a mahou shoujo is get more opponents for the witch but to me....... maybe sacrifice? sacrifice for something but I can't get myself to understand it yet or spell it out. But if the theory of soul gem getting corrupted or turning into a witch. I can only see those girls as sacrifice.
Old 2011-01-15, 09:00   Link #1013
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Eh, did I miss something? 'Cause she didn't really describe anything, all she said was "If I use the grief seed..." then demostrated it.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 10:00   Link #1014
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I fail to see the connection between this and To Love-ru. The tea thing is just one of the little things that made me unable to take this "witch hunt" seriously. I really disliked Mami's attitude throughout the whole fight, by the way. It seemed like it was just a game for her.
To Love-Ru is more over the top than this.

Also, I think that's the point. I'm pretty sure she does think of this as a game.
Old 2011-01-15, 10:02   Link #1015
Graskell
invisible man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Ep 01 & 02 freebies:

I'll be taking this one if you don't mind.
Old 2011-01-15, 10:56   Link #1016
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Eh, did I miss something? 'Cause she didn't really describe anything, all she said was "If I use the grief seed..." then demostrated it.
See what she says after that. Nutbladder translated it as "See? It restored the magical power I used." That says she took power from the seed to the gem, but the visual shows the reverse: darkness going from the gem to the seed.

Quote:
One thing I would like to point out about that pic is that depending on how you look she's crying tears of blood...
The eyes in those images freaked me out, and I kept wondering how those girls could find them cute or funny every time they showed up on screen.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 11:18   Link #1017
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
That map sounds like the result of a bad lsd trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Another lsd trip (was there a sale somewhere?), but this one's at least funny.
Old 2011-01-15, 13:18   Link #1018
rocket
Senior and Demented

Wow, what a show! Just about everything I wanted and expected... Tho I could use some more framerate on the labyrinth scenes as well. Still shaft and shinbo deliver the Magical Girl goods like no one has ever done before! Can't wait for the next episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler for Image map:
4chan denizens theory.
All of these speculations seem too darn convoluted to me. If there is a time cycle ( big if) these no grounds at all for assuming Mamie or Sayuka are part of it or not. The only thing we know about the flashback in the beginning is that Homura is fighting to save the world ... and she's failing because she doesn't have Madoka's help.

Maybe Madoka died because she became a Magical girl, or maybe she just didn't become one at all and died the the armageddon.

If the Magical Girls and Witches do coexsist in a cannibalistic cycle of equilibrium, maybe the world came to to an end because Mami was stopped from feeding on new recruits and because an incredibly powerful Witch with no Magical Girls strong enough to challenge her.

Point being, we just don't know enough yet to figure out the plot wether linear or cyclic.

The only thing we do know is that you shouldn't trust things that don't blink!
Old 2011-01-15, 16:30   Link #1019
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A lot of those posts were made before the series aired.
500+ to be more precise.

Anyways, given the cover art for OP and ED....I think it's safe to assume Homura wil come around and be an ally.

That begs the question if Mami and Kyuubey will stay good or not...after all, if one supporting character will do a total heel turn, maybe the others will too....
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 16:31   Link #1020
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:

Speculation:
Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen