AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 20:17   Link #21041
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
If they're not discount, how much did the total come to? MGs aren't cheap...
it cost me $456 including s/h.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 20:22   Link #21042
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
it cost me $456 including s/h.
And I thought I was dedicated.
Old 2011-07-06, 21:38   Link #21043
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
And I thought I was dedicated.
i'm already running out of room
Old 2011-07-07, 00:24   Link #21044
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Spoiler for Marida Cruz figure.:

I will be purchasing this.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 01:56   Link #21045
DV04

Me too. How much is it (in USD)?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 03:21   Link #21046
Appel

yeah, that marida figure is pretty damn awesome^^ she is an awesome character in general, id love to have that one as well but i think ill pass :P

i picked up my gatlings for the unicorn from the post office today^^ im glad that i got some paint for them because the quality of the plastic really isnt great, it looks cheap :P
but i cant wait to see them on my unicorn!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 05:29   Link #21047
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i picked up my gatlings for the unicorn from the post office today^^ im glad that i got some paint for them because the quality of the plastic really isnt great, it looks cheap :P
but i cant wait to see them on my unicorn!
and i can't wait to see the picture of that 0

anyway, this weekend i will try to get some spray paint and paint the deathscythe hell like your. hopefully it come out ok, lol
by the way, did you spray it before you cut out the pieces?
Old 2011-07-07, 09:51   Link #21048
Appel

Quote:
and i can't wait to see the picture of that 0

anyway, this weekend i will try to get some spray paint and paint the deathscythe hell like your. hopefully it come out ok, lol
by the way, did you spray it before you cut out the pieces?
awesome^^ im sure it will turn out well! there are some tutorials on the internet on how to do it right, too.
and no, i didnt cut them before paiting the pieces. i just painted the marks with a marker after cutting them.

i will upload pictures later^^
Old 2011-07-07, 14:34   Link #21049
skyboy928

Quote:
awesome^^ im sure it will turn out well! there are some tutorials on the internet on how to do it right, too.
and no, i didnt cut them before paiting the pieces. i just painted the marks with a marker after cutting them.

i will upload pictures later^^
so usually how long will it take to fully dry?? as i said before i'm pretty impatience
i might need to paint one but work on the next one just so i don't keep on wonder if it's dry enough to touch yet, lol
Old 2011-07-07, 14:47   Link #21050
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
yeah, that marida figure is pretty damn awesome^^ she is an awesome character in general, id love to have that one as well but i think ill pass :P
Personally, I find Marida sexy, though I am not too sure if thats even the right reaction to have...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 16:40   Link #21051
Appel

Quote:
so usually how long will it take to fully dry?? as i said before i'm pretty impatience
i might need to paint one but work on the next one just so i don't keep on wonder if it's dry enough to touch yet, lol
tamiya black dries pretty quickly. depending on the weather conditions you could probably apply the top coat after about 30 minutes. the top coat will probably need a couple of hours to dry so that you can work with it but that depends on what kind of top coat you use^^ i had many different brands so far, one took 2 days to dry and another one took just about 2 hours :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Personally, I find Marida sexy, though I am not too sure if thats even the right reaction to have...

- Tak
yeah, she is pretty hot indeed^^
although finding an anime character attractive is always a little problematic... knowing the japanese she might as well be 14 but look like 18 XD (but its good to know that she actually is 18, so we dont have to feel like pervs :P)
Old 2011-07-07, 18:27   Link #21052
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
although finding an anime character attractive is always a little problematic... knowing the japanese she might as well be 14 but look like 18 XD (but its good to know that she actually is 18, so we dont have to feel like pervs :P)
The problem with females in anime is the ten-year-olds look twenty and the twenty-year-olds looks ten...
Old 2011-07-07, 18:32   Link #21053
skyboy928

Quote:
tamiya black dries pretty quickly. depending on the weather conditions you could probably apply the top coat after about 30 minutes. the top coat will probably need a couple of hours to dry so that you can work with it but that depends on what kind of top coat you use^^ i had many different brands so far, one took 2 days to dry and another one took just about 2 hours :P
so which brand of top coat is 2 hours to dry? i think i will go for that one
Old 2011-07-07, 19:38   Link #21054
Araxiel

I honestly thought Marida was older than 18, but Gundam characters in particular have a history of being younger than I'd have pegged them as.
At any rate, what's the price tag looking like on her? Ballpark estimate?
Old 2011-07-08, 01:38   Link #21055
DV04

I visited Gundam Guy's blog and it was stated as 7140 in YEN. I converted it to about $88.22 in USD. And yes, I find her to be attractive as well. Probably one the few in the UC universe in my eyes, lol.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:51   Link #21056
Appel

Quote:
so which brand of top coat is 2 hours to dry? i think i will go for that one
i honestly have no idea what the brand is called XD i just picked it up at my local hobby store.
you should do the same. it usually says on the can how long it takes to dry. and hobby related top coat usually doesnt take as long to dry, anyway.
Old 2011-07-08, 03:39   Link #21057
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
I honestly thought Marida was older than 18, but Gundam characters in particular have a history of being younger than I'd have pegged them as.

Did you see ZZ Gundam?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 06:44   Link #21058
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
does anyone have links to a Wing Zero Custom MG review or a Wing EW ver./Ver. K.a? Thinking of having something to go with my Epyon MG and didn't know which wing would be better considering W.Z. Custom is featured on the box which goes better considering W.Z. Custom is an old kit.
Old 2011-07-08, 08:23   Link #21059
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia_00 View Post
does anyone have links to a Wing Zero Custom MG review or a Wing EW ver./Ver. K.a? Thinking of having something to go with my Epyon MG and didn't know which wing would be better considering W.Z. Custom is featured on the box which goes better considering W.Z. Custom is an old kit.
I can give you a basic run down: The WZ Custom has a ton of problems with the wings; mine has loose joints, the "feathers" have a tendency to fall out, and the kit is incredibly top-heavy so it's always falling over if you don't have a base. On top of that, the buster rifles don't really fit into the hands to well because the hands aren't strong enough to counterbalance the weight.

I recommend the regular Wing Custom.
Old 2011-07-08, 08:25   Link #21060
Sworra

Quote:
Paint may dry on the surface pretty quick but the inner layer sometimes isn't dry.. i recommend letting it cure for a day just to be on the safe side.. Believe me rushing will only cause more problems.. and bite you back in the ass.. Top coat can react differently to so include that with things that can go wrong.

Cheers and have fun with painting.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy