AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 32.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 11:28   Link #61
larethian

Most already mentioned this, but quoting Maria, the comedy was poop for the anime compared to the source. Someone already mentioned, the 'eels' dying lines were funny, and the "Believe in Tomorrow" spam , and others, well, can't remember all details. This is a pass-the-time episode for me. They skipped a number of chapters when the club only consists of Kodaka, Yozora, Sena, and Yukimura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Baka Tsuki doesn't have any of the novels fully translated yet (the last two chapters are missing from Volume 1 and there's one incomplete in the middle of 2). I'm sure I'm not the only one who's holding off until the whole thing's available and so can only compare to the manga.

This episode was definitely weak compared to the manga -- the Rozen Maiden gag was done much better, and the gag about killing innocent creatures for the XP was a much more pointed jab at RPG morality.
The manga is faithful for those missing chapters, but the manga skipped a chapter after Momotaro chapter, and I suspect it's because of the outrageous words used by Yozora.
Old 2011-11-04, 11:31   Link #62
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

^ I'm curious. What is the word that's could be worse than
Spoiler for Yozora's words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't see how that's supposed to make Sena popular. If anything, it makes Yozora look like, as you say, a bully. I think Sena's non-Yozora moments are when she shines as a character.
I still believe without Yozora, she won't get as much popularity as she is now. All the bullying actually makes she more honest with others (not like I want to see her being bullied anyway). Not to mention that "meat" nickname. I actually like her more when she giggle while mention the name "Meat".
Old 2011-11-04, 13:03   Link #63
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Also for a short period, I was like "omg they screwed up and gave Kobato 2 blue eyes". Some reason ima attatched to charaters with the different colour eyes fault, (call it eye complex as you will <.<) But I just had a friend tell me, it can be done by contacts... Which leaves me dissappointed in Kobatos eye colours being fake :'(
I'm also very disappointed.....to the point that now my full attention is on Sena-sama only.
Old 2011-11-04, 13:21   Link #64
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Hmm, Ep 4 had a low ass and tis count. Only:

ass count Episode 4: 2*
tits count episode 4: 2
* and these two were of the loli nun.

For episode 5, it was a bit higher:

ass count Episode 5: 4
tits count episode 5: 5

Remember, my counts are very subjective. I could be missing ones others would count and vice versa.

It's another gaming episode. Kodaka is right, they might wanna give up gaming for a bit. It was funny the first episode they had it. This episode seemed kinda dull. Focusing on the two lolis might not be a good idea. They should focus back on Yozora and Sena, or RIKA!

Rika is pure win. They need more of her antics. Overall, still an enjoyable episode.

6.5/10
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
Old 2011-11-04, 13:54   Link #65
TakezoMusashi

Weak episode. All they did was play games again.

Sena's fanservice was pretty blatant. Putting her in that outfit, and that shot near the end of the episode where thay cut to her and the camera pans down to her chest for no reason.

To Aru reference got a smile out of me.

Everybody was talking about how Kobato and Maria meeting was gonna be funny... and it wasn't.
It was just loud and annoying.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:21   Link #66
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

A plain episode. A routine, so to speak.

This episode reinforced my dislike of the two lolis in this series. I don't expect them to say anything interesting, but their antics just don't appeal to me. It was nice seeing Kobato w/o contacts, though.

But my main gripe is with Kodaka. Why is he here? Does he have any opinions of his own, or is he just going to keep on reporting what's happening on screen? I get that he's the tsukkomi, but... I can't get over how overtly uninteresting and plain he is. He did show some fiery emotion in the pool episode, so there's hope.

Drinking game worked nicely. I managed to destroy 1,5 bottles (0,33cl) of beer.

What I'm hoping for: Sexier fanservice. Make it high quality, more suggestive. I hate fanservice that just is there for the sake of it. If you're going to do it, why not do it well? Also, more sitcom. Enough with the games and wizards. I agree that this is a westerner's perspective.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:23   Link #67
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
Sena's fanservice was pretty blatant. Putting her in that outfit, and that shot near the end of the episode where thay cut to her and the camera pans down to her chest for no reason.
well, tbh, there is a reason. and we all know what it is
but yeah, not a big fan of fully covered bouncing boobs here. they seriously need to up the bar there, or stop it completely.

Sena's outfit on the other hand...
Old 2011-11-04, 16:02   Link #68
ookamigirl

Maria was pretty cute ^^
Now they're all playing games LOL, guess that's Sena's influence ^^"
Their outfits were pretty interesting though.
Yozora was sure enjoying herself.
So little sister finally came to visit, but Maria didn't sit too well with her..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-04, 16:04   Link #69
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Okay episode for me. It started good but more video games wasn't what I was looking for. Sena is awesome in every costume though, haha.

I do like how Yozara let Kobato in only because she was his sister.
Old 2011-11-04, 17:12   Link #70
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Seriously, Sena, at some point it stops being abuse and starts being your own stupid fault for listening to Yozora. Even my dog eventually figures out that every time he brings the stick back to me, I just throw it away again.
Old 2011-11-04, 17:30   Link #71
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ But isn't that the point (both for your dog and Sena), they want to have your attention in whatever way you give it to them (thrown stick or verbal abuse, respectively)
Old 2011-11-04, 18:42   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
^ I'm curious. What is the word that's could be worse than
Spoiler for Yozora's words:

Hmmm, probably-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
Everybody was talking about how Kobato and Maria meeting was gonna be funny... and it wasn't.
It was just loud and annoying.
Welcome to child care 101.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:15   Link #73
ion475
にこにこにー

Sigh...after last episode, they decide to skip all the funny part in the middle of Vol. 2 and focus basically the whole episode on 1 chapter of novel (and combine it with part of another one...).

Not to mention, Kobato & Maria original encounter (in the novel) is just a lot funnier...

And Karaoke next episode already...means they're basically skipping every single bit of jokes that are in Vol. 2...(But then, AIC Build did the same thing to Oreimo, skipping all the fun part while extending some not very fun part for no reason...). I mean, no Kodaka lame jokes, no Yukimura discussion of Three Kingdoms, and probably no novel creation marathon (or relay...I don't know how to translate it) either = basically all the jokes that are in Vol. 2...

Okay, there's the Index parody (I did laugh...) and Oreimo reference (Too bad not enough Kobato = Kuroneko reference...), but that's about it...NEED...MOAR...RIKA!

Last edited by ion475; 2011-11-04 at 19:29.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:16   Link #74
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Sigh...after last episode, they decide to skip all the funny part in the middle of Vol. 2 and focus basically the whole episode on 1 chapter of novel (and combine it with part of another one...).

Not to mention, Kobato & Maria original encounter (in the novel) is just a lot funnier...

And Karaoke next episode already...means they're basically skipping every single bit of jokes that are in Vol. 2...(But then, AIC Build did the same thing to Oreimo, skipping all the fun part while extending some not very fun part for no reason...)
Then let's hope the novels all get translated!
Old 2011-11-04, 19:45   Link #75
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, probably-

Spoiler:
Actually, I'm assuming that it wasn't exactly the words that she used the cause of that part being cut off, but more how often they showed up.

Spoiler:

BTW, I wouldn't lose hope for the light novel relay chapter. I mean, they did changed the order of some events, and the relay uses all characters; and the missing ones only officially joined the club on this episode.
Old 2011-11-04, 20:33   Link #76
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Anime only watcher here, an I found this episode seriously funny. Hell, I'll even say it was the best episode so far

When Kodaka got explained what a "wizard" is, I almost choked laughing *rofl*
His outfit and his role in the game were clearly reflecting his role in the club - useless XD

Sena's outfit was truly epic, and the other's outfits were pretty good as well.
Index reference with Maria was probably inevitable.
Speaking of references, this episode was littered with them. Romancing SaGa, Star Trek, OreImo... Then they used a PC Engine from Largehard. The game was just as buggy and half-assed as soft from the RL company with the micro and soft wieners, which also fails really hard.

Kodaka makes bentou for Maria to get closer to her, and she declares him his Onii-chan. Pedobear would be really proud of Kodaka
However, his actual imouto gets envious of Maria, appears in the club and the battle for Kodaka begins. Looks like we'll have another great pair-up besides Sena and Yozora now.
Old 2011-11-04, 20:47   Link #77
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Anime only watcher here, an I found this episode seriously funny. Hell, I'll even say it was the best episode so far

When Kodaka got explained what a "wizard" is, I almost choked laughing *rofl*
His outfit and his role in the game were clearly reflecting his role in the club - useless XD

Sena's outfit was truly epic, and the other's outfits were pretty good as well.
Index reference with Maria was probably inevitable.
Speaking of references, this episode was littered with them. Romancing SaGa, Star Trek, OreImo... Then they used a PC Engine from Largehard. The game was just as buggy and half-assed as soft from the RL company with the micro and soft wieners, which also fails really hard.

Kodaka makes bentou for Maria to get closer to her, and she declares him his Onii-chan. Pedobear would be really proud of Kodaka
However, his actual imouto gets envious of Maria, appears in the club and the battle for Kodaka begins. Looks like we'll have another great pair-up besides Sena and Yozora now.
Hahaha! The explanation was rather funny wasn't it? I was eating at the time so I choked up for an entirely different reason. "Are you a wizard?" Hahahaha!

Kodaka does have it rough though doesn't he? I'll believe in Kobato winning though. Because the ending was too sweet. "An-chan is my An-chan", if that didn't melt your heart you've got ice in your veins.
Old 2011-11-04, 21:07   Link #78
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Maria look so cute sleeping on the couch and Kobato is just lonely
Old 2011-11-04, 21:38   Link #79
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post

And Karaoke next episode already...means they're basically skipping every single bit of jokes that are in Vol. 2...(But then, AIC Build did the same thing to Oreimo, skipping all the fun part while extending some not very fun part for no reason...). I mean, no Kodaka lame jokes, no Yukimura discussion of Three Kingdoms, and probably no novel creation marathon (or relay...I don't know how to translate it) either = basically all the jokes that are in Vol. 2...

Okay, there's the Index parody (I did laugh...) and Oreimo reference (Too bad not enough Kobato = Kuroneko reference...), but that's about it...NEED...MOAR...RIKA!
Where is SHAFT/Shinbou or SilverLink/Oonuma when they are needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Maria look so cute sleeping on the couch and Kobato is just lonely
True, last scene was so indicative of that fact. Still, Kobato must grow up and stop depending on her brother... I guess her loli-fied physique is intentionally reflecting her emotional maturity, which is on par with Maria
Old 2011-11-04, 21:50   Link #80
ion475
にこにこにー

[mod edit: removed comment that referred to future novel content]

On side note with Kobato - I don't know...the more she appears the more I think Hanazawa Kana is not exactly the best voice for her, as much as she already voiced another Chuunibyou Goth-Loli...but then, Kobato had yet to have half a story around her, and I'm just not as big of a fan of her as I'm with Kuroneko...(Of course, this story having Meat and Rika doesn't help...)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-05 at 00:53. Reason: Please don't leave hints about things that will happen later in the source
Closed Thread