AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 13:03   Link #23801
Chris38

Well, in my case, rather then wondering about Tsukune's survival, since despite the current situation being a lot more serious, I think that, just like Tsukune "survived" the Ghoul incident, from the first season, he's going to "survive" his current body "degeneration" into a "second Alucard".

The thing, that I'm more wondering about... are going to be the consequences of his little stunt of defeating Gyokuro in a one on one fight, which are... in my opinion, are going to be a lot more serious then the situation, from the first season, where apart from two chapters of "lusting" after Moka's blood, and needing to constantly wear the Holy Lock to retain his sanity - the Ghoul incident, from the first season, hadn't had any other "negative" consequences.

Like I said, this time, I believe the consequences of the current incident, are going to be a lot more serious, and I think that they might bring some changes to Tsukune's future life - for example, and that's probably the least serious option, is the possibility that Tsukune is going to have some issues in retaining his human appearance, since Alucard's blood is trying to change him, into something ... a lot worse looking, and it might take some time, before Tsukune manages to "completely" recover from this... state.

At worst, Tsukune is going to be forced to continue living in a form, that would be quite similar to how Inner Moka looks like - in other words, silver colored hair, permanent vampire eyes, and visible fangs, if Tsukune would show his teeth - in other words, that Tsukune would permanently loose his "human" appearance, due to the current incident.

Of course, there is a possibility of something in between those two "states", occurring as well...

And, why this would be a "negative" result... it's pretty simple, it would prevent Tsukune from living in the human world, due to the " quite obviously visible ayashi traits" that Tsukune could have, in his "regular" form.

Naturally, this is only my speculation, but I think it's quite probable for something like that to occur (I would rate the chance, of this occurring, in the manga, at about 90%) since, currently Alucard's blood is trying to change Tsukune's body into something that resembles Alucard, and I doubt ... all of those "physical changes" that are currently occurring, within Tsukune's body, are going to be "fully reversible", once Tsukune is brought back, into a less dangerous state for his body and sanity.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-02-26 at 13:51.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 13:34   Link #23802
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, in my case, rather then wondering about Tsukune's survival, since despite the current situation being a lot more serious, I think that, just like Tsukune "survived" the Ghoul incident, from the first season, he's going to "survive" his current body "denigration" into a "second Alucard".

The thing, that I'm more wondering about... are going to be the consequences of his little stunt of defeating Gyokuro in a one on one fight, which are... in my opinion, are going to be a lot more serious then the situation, from the first season, where apart from two chapters of "lusting" after Moka's blood, and needing to constantly wear the Holy Lock to retain his sanity - the Ghoul incident, from the first season, hadn't had any other "negative" consequences.

Like I said, this time, I believe the consequences of the current incident, are going to be a lot more serious, and I think that they might bring some changes to Tsukune's future life - for example, and that's probably the least serious option, is the possibility that Tsukune is going to have some issues in retaining his human appearance, since Alucard's blood is trying to change him, into something ... a lot worse looking, and it might take some time, before Tsukune manages to "completely" recover from this... state.

At worst, Tsukune is going to be forced to continue living in a form, that would be quite similar to how Inner Moka looks like - in other words, silver colored hair, permanent vampire eyes, and visible fangs, if Tsukune would show his teeth - in other words, that Tsukune would permanently loose his "human" appearance, due to the current incident.

Of course, there is a possibility of something in between those two "states", occurring as well...

And, why this would be a "negative" result... it's pretty simple, it would prevent Tsukune from living in the human world, due to the " quite obviously visible ayashi traits" that Tsukune could have, in his "regular" form.

Naturally, this is only my speculation, but I think it's quite probable for something like that to occur (I would rate the chance, of this occurring, in the manga, at about 90%) since, currently Alucard's blood is trying to change Tsukune's body into something that resembles Alucard, and I doubt ... all of those "physical changes" that are currently occurring, within Tsukune's body, are going to be "fully reversible", once Tsukune is brought back, into a less dangerous state for his body and sanity.
Totally agree.
If I have to guess the change that will stay are ,Silver hair ,vampire eyes(like you already say) and maybe a mark like thing.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 14:13   Link #23803
Wood_Woody

Quote:
^ Sorry, but that scenario sounds a little too convenient to me.

1.)First of all, I would be really frustrated, if Tsukune managed to defeat Alucard, in the current arc.

After all, considering the fact that, such an experienced vampire as Akasha wasn't capable of bringing him down... it would be pretty anticlimactic if, someone who has had vampire powers, for about a year, would be capable of defeating him.

Such a development, would pretty much, undermine the whole development about Alucard being one of the strongest species that exist in the R+V world.
I agree with that. It would ruin any chance as well of Akasha being the "returning heroine" type. Why would she be needed if Tsukune became the all conquering hero overnight. I think there's plenty of mileage left in Akasha's character yet. She's a bit too powerful and important to just fade quietly into the background.

Quote:
4.) I think that the issue of Outer / Inner Moka has already been resolved, it's just that Ikeda is keeping us in the doubt, about it's "results".

Since, the topic of Outer and Inner Moka "fusing" with each other, has some, pretty heavy opposition, among some of the fans, I doubt that something like that, is actually going to occur - not to mention, hints about Outer Moka disappearing have been made, as soon as chapter 2 of the first season, which has been, a lot earlier, then the appearance of the topic of the two Moka's merging with each other...

And the reason, why I think this topic, might have been already resolved, is caused by the fact that the "sealing" part of Moka's Rosario has been broken, a few chapters ago, and you should remember, what happened the last time, something like this occurred - although, at that time, it has been mentioned that the seal hasn't been "completely" broken - the current situation is different, in the sense that I think the seal has been "completely" broken this time, so even if Outer Moka is still "alive" within the Rosario, her "connection" with Inner Moka and her body, might have already been severed, with no way of "repairing" it.
I agree again albeit for different reasons. I think we've possibly seen the last of Omote in physical form, though she might crop up in memory flash backs from time to time. I think after the complete collapse of Ura's cold and aggressive exterior (cue the crying and "TSSSUUKKKUUUNEEE"), there's little need now for the softer and gentler side of Omote. I think Tsukune will be head over heels for Ura now, and this will have the added bonus of resolving the harem and defining the supporting characters roles far better.

Furthermore, I think that she doesn't have a place in the more serious plot line, considering she was never really able to defend herself willingly and always required Tsukune's intervention to call out Ura to do the dirty work. I could envisage her becoming something of a burden. Ultimately, I think Omote's role of protecting Ura until a suitable time has been achieved, which maybe the writer will imply to have been Akasha's intention all along.

The one thing I would like to see though from the next few chapters is:

Kokoa - After stepping out of the shadow of her sisters, it would be good to see her character develop and take a more active leading support role. She's deserving of it after going toe to toe with Kahlua which is no mean feat given she was always terrified of her previously. Despite being a little younger, I think Kokoa would be able to defeat the other members of the Newspaper club, now that shes removed her self imposed "limiter/seal". I think she'd probably be able to make life difficult for Haiji and Gin as well, though beating them might be a little out of her reach.

The ultimate heartwarmer would be for Moka to make a beeline for Kokoa after the fighting is finished, to tell Kokoa that she doesn't need to prove herself anymore. Given that Kokoa only ever wanted to stand equal with her sisters, this would mean the world to her, especially coming from Moka.

I get the impression that the bond between Moka and Kokoa is far stronger than it's implied to be, more so than with the other two sisters. I think there will be some kind of reconcilliation between Kokoa and Kahlua, but it won't be as important as that between her and Moka.

I also get the impression that Kokoa is far more fond of Akasha than Gyokuro, and wouldn't care too much about disowning Gyokuro for ordering Kahlua to kill her without a second thought. Somehow, I could just see an out there plot twist of Kokoa being a second daughter of Akasha coming true.....
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:04   Link #23804
Johnny
Working the bags...

She had her time to shine in chapters 57/58 and I somewhat doubt she'll get a single appearance like that again. She's lucky she even got that with being a side character behind the other girls. My money is on the let's group together to defeat it like how that lesson was driven home in the durian hunt chapter...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:30   Link #23805
ShinsoSan

Next chapter might be a scenario where Ikeda skips the Island and has Tsukune wake up on a hospital bed and either indirectly/directly recap things that happened while Tsukune was out of it. That or he'll probably finish up the other side's side of the story and then end the arc with a "you'll never catch me because I'm the masked man" and the masked man escapes saying he has a bigger organization he works with. These predicty.ions are based on boring shonen plotlines so don't take them too seriously.

The first scenario is pretty random as far as what evidence I used from the manga which I haven't been using any. Its just a common way of making things shorter to get out of long arcs and release info relatively slow while making the plot move fast.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:36   Link #23806
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hey guys is my hear say rumor true that the manga is already ending?
Old 2013-02-26, 19:39   Link #23807
ShinsoSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I haven't heard of it ending.

I feel like if Ikeda was cutting it short he would've ended it around the time he had Ura out of the seal for a day. Now of all times or near now seems kind of awkward especially with Miu Fairytale being around.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 20:42   Link #23808
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Ikeda-sensei said in his comments from the volumes that the story he wanted to tell in season 2 would take about 12 volumes, since he has already achieved this we can suspect that when Moka is rescued and they are back at school Season 2 (ie their second year at Yokai Academy will end. it remains to be seen whether he will continue the story with a season 3.
Old 2013-02-26, 21:17   Link #23809
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
Ikeda-sensei said in his comments from the volumes that the story he wanted to tell in season 2 would take about 12 volumes, since he has already achieved this we can suspect that when Moka is rescued and they are back at school Season 2 (ie their second year at Yokai Academy will end. it remains to be seen whether he will continue the story with a season 3.
well there is still the issue with the masked king
Old 2013-02-26, 21:28   Link #23810
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well there is still the issue with the masked king
Yeah, and it's doubtful that this issue, is going to be resolved in the current arc - he will probably be the main and final antagonist for Tsukune's third year at the youkai academy.

Not to mention, the plot of the eggs planted in the yuki onna vilage, Miyabi's plan... and probably a few other plot points that haven't been resolved yet... and might need a separate arc to do that.
Old 2013-02-26, 21:35   Link #23811
cyberdemon

Quote:
Yeah, and it's doubtful that this issue, is going to be resolved in the current arc - he will probably be the main and final antagonist for Tsukune's third year at the youkai academy.
the question about him is, how can he be a worse antagonist than Alucard. he may have the mind but his power isn't near as bad to deal with.
Old 2013-02-26, 21:50   Link #23812
Chris38

Quote:
the question about him is, how can he be a worse antagonist than Alucard. he may have the mind but his power isn't near as bad to deal with.
Who, can say that... since we haven't seen the Masked King fight anyone yet, we don't know, much about... how powerful he actually is going to be...

And if you really want an antagonist to be at Alucard's level, the Masked King can always ... in someway, take possession of the Rosario, somewhere during Tsukune's thrid year, using it to "reawaken" Alucard and the protagonists would need to face the Masked King and a fully awakened Alucard, near the final event of this manga, before both of them, manage to eradicate the entire R+V world.

In other words, as long as Alucard exists, and it's doubtful that he is going to be killed, in the current arc, he can always be reused as a threat / antagonist, that the protagonists would eventually need to face - and at that time, they won't have the help of the Dark Lords, or the Rosario (Alucard control device) to resolve this matter.
Old 2013-02-26, 21:54   Link #23813
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
Thanks.
Old 2013-02-26, 22:23   Link #23814
cyberdemon

Quote:
Who, can say that... since we haven't seen the Masked King fight anyone yet, we don't know, much about... how powerful he actually is going to be...

And if you really want an antagonist to be at Alucard's level, the Masked King can always ... in someway, take possession of the Rosario, somewhere during Tsukune's thrid year, using it to "reawaken" Alucard and the protagonists would need to face the Masked King and a fully awakened Alucard, near the final event of this manga, before both of them, manage to eradicate the entire R+V world.

In other words, as long as Alucard exists, and it's doubtful that he is going to be killed, in the current arc, he can always be reused as a threat / antagonist, that the protagonists would eventually need to face - and at that time, they won't have the help of the Dark Lords, or the Rosario (Alucard control device) to resolve this matter.
a thought. Alucard became the way he is because he kept absorbing other demons. What if the masked King tried to absorb Alucard? and the point of his use of FT is to removing Akasha part of the sealing factor from Alucard.
Old 2013-02-27, 01:56   Link #23815
Chris38

Quote:
a thought. Alucard became the way he is because he kept absorbing other demons. What if the masked King tried to absorb Alucard? and the point of his use of FT is to removing Akasha part of the sealing factor from Alucard.
Personally, I doubt that it's such a wise idea, due to the degenerative properties that Alucard's body and blood has - after all, just a single injection of Alucard's tissue, is enough for an ordinary vampire to "fry there brain" and for his body to degenerate into some kind of elderitch abomination, similar to how Alucard looks like.

And Alucard's blood isn't especially different, since ... if you don't have the assistance of the two dark lords (which, is pretty much, the only thing that allowed Tsukune to survive so far...) or you're body doesn't have some natural predisposition to adapt to this blood (like Moka and Akasha), in time ... it would definitely cause you to become "another Alucard"...

So, considering the fact that the Masked King's apparent objective is to take over the world, I doubt that absorbing Alucard is a good idea for him, since considering the properties that Alucard's body and blood have, I think that the author would need to use some, pretty extreme plot twist to explain how someone:

1. could survive this process

2. keep his sanity, more or less, intact .... after the "absorption" ends

Based upon, everything that I said, I think that a scenario like that, has a pretty low chance of actually occurring in the manga.
Old 2013-02-27, 02:03   Link #23816
cyberdemon

Quote:
Personally, I doubt that it's such a wise idea, due to the degenerative properties that Alucard's body and blood has - after all, just a single injection of Alucard's tissue, is enough for an ordinary vampire to "fry there brain" and for his body to degenerate into some kind of elderitch abomination, similar to how Alucard looks like.

And Alucard's blood isn't especially different, since ... if you don't have the assistance of the two dark lords (which, is pretty much, the only thing that allowed Tsukune to survive so far...) or you're body doesn't have some natural predisposition to adapt to this blood (like Moka and Akasha), in time ... it would definitely cause you to become "another Alucard"...

So, considering the fact that the Masked King's apparent objective is to take over the world, I doubt that absorbing Alucard is a good idea for him, since considering the properties that Alucard's body and blood have, I think that the author would need to use some, pretty extreme plot twist to explain how someone:

1. could survive this process

2. keep his sanity, more or less, intact .... after the "absorption" ends

Based upon, everything that I said, I think that a scenario like that, has a pretty low chance of actually occurring in the manga.
It could really depend a lot on who the Masked King is. What kind of powers he has as well. Perhaps he's another Shinso.
Old 2013-02-27, 02:29   Link #23817
Chris38

Quote:
It could really depend a lot on who the Masked King is. What kind of powers he has as well. Perhaps he's another Shinso.
True, but for now, we have no way of verifying that.

Will just have to wait and see, how things are going to continue developing.

I just hope that we are getting close to the end of the current arc, since... even if it had quite a lot of important information, I don't want to spend another year, before this arc is going to be resolved - especially, since we are slowly getting closer to the barrier of a two year long arc, since the current "invasion - rescue Moka" arc, started somewhere around chapter 43, and currently we are waiting for chapter 61 to be released - that's already about 20 months (I added two, because we had a one time, where we had to wait one additional month, for the next chapter + the chapter 59, which was separated into two parts) that we have spent in the current arc.

In other words 4 more chapters, without resolving the plot of this arc, and Ikeda is going to reach the two year barrier, when it comes to the length of the current arc ...

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-02-27 at 03:20.
Old 2013-02-28, 10:07   Link #23818
zibi88

Nice new chapter is already out ^^ so it looks like next 2chapters will be the conclusion to this fight mostly...30minutes to impact and gyokuro in her new state.... I guess all they have to do is to take the rosary from her and shes dead...as she's sitting inside alucards mouth tentacle...she isnt eaten becouse of that rosary but when its gone shes gona disappear soon xD

so we saw that akashas dream was like outer mokas (maybe the personality of oputer is in reality akashas) so a human world with monsters coexisting.... gyokuro mostly was jelous that akasha took everything from her and now she wants to destroy everything she had

Kaluha...well it appears she lost an arm and no idea if it will grow back later on...strange but the more I look at it...it looks like kaluha might die at the end...but I kinda hope they will save her and she turns good... anwyay everyone is alive and reunited and preparing for the final battle with the boss moster on this level (it looks like some RPG game :P we got a team of fighters and mages...and a BOSS monster)

and it was funny how Hakuto was moving on his wheelchair in flash speed XD even moka was like "WTF how XD"

nice chapter...but felt kinda short and empty...not much is happening but its another preparation chapter for the next fight
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 10:19   Link #23819
Lender

Hum, terrible chapter, all the tension was killed with this shonen like development. "Everyone is alive and healed, no one die, now let's fight together and defeat the enemy" bla, bla, bla...even naruto is less predictable, at least people actually dies there.....not to mention Tsukine's, "I am breaking"----->everyone shows up---->"Oh, i am fine now, let's fight!", LOL.

I like R+V but i totally hate this childish development.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 10:40   Link #23820
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Impending world destruction, this sure feels like a final arc, despite the talks about the true boss of fairy tale.

I mean what's left after that? Masked King attempting "Double World Destruction Z" ?

Anyway, for me the series has lost its inital appeal long ago. Sadly, it's become run of the mill shonen fantasy action and I can have that on a weekly basis. I liked it much more when it was supernatural slice-of-life harem comedy with occasional plot arcs that didn't take forever and when the series wasn't "de-ecchi'fied". The only thing that has gotten better to me is the art, the rest is just not what I started reading R+V for.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire