AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 21:24   Link #421
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yea, that scene was based on a real life (well, real forum) incident at Golden Gameboard. XD Butler started hitting on me and trying to schmooze me, and like I didn't really correct him because he didn't start using gender-specific pronouns until like a week later, so I thought he was just bi or something.

Then I corrected him and he was like "Well shit."
Old 2012-10-16, 23:41   Link #422
battle22

Quote:
I'm a dude. :3
Whaaaaaaaaa? You're a dude?????? No way XD I always thought you were a female badass Umineko pro user
Old 2012-10-17, 01:22   Link #423
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Nope. Just a dude who associates himself with Yasu due to having an extremely similar upbringing and life-challenges.
Old 2012-10-17, 09:48   Link #424
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm a dude. :3
Whoops, I'm sorry then. I've always had the bad habbit of picturing forum-people as their avatars in my mind

Also, to battle22 and Azule, how's the progress of Chapter4 of Seacat Island coming along? Some of us are really looking forward to it, you know!

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 10:00   Link #425
battle22

Quote:
Also, to battle22 and Azule, how's the progress of Chapter4 of Seacat Island coming along? Some of us are really looking forward to it, you know!
Well, I have been a little lazy but a lot of stuff is done, I still don't know if I will finish it this week or not.
Old 2012-10-18, 15:40   Link #426
Captain Bluebeard

Just a random fanfic idea I'm never gonna get round to writing but think is too good to just go to waste:

'Beatrice' does not actually reffer to a person, but a species. An alien spieces. A hermaphrodite alien spieces that can reproduce instantly, secreting the hallucinatory gas of Purupurupikopuyo while in the process. Oh, and also, it poops gold.

Kuwadorian is actually a NASA installement to keep the alien under control, and of course, the submarine incident is nothing else but the U.F.O crashing.

Find me ONE part of this that cannot be supported by the actual narrative and I'll eat my pirate hat.

P.S: Yeah, and this is all the influence of Renall and Aura's awesome ideas.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-10-18, 15:49   Link #427
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

One of my favorite variations of Shkanon that Renall and I came up with is that Shannon and Kanon are both separate people, and they're both pretending to be Beatrice for their own reasons, but they don't know that the other one is also being Beatrice so they're kind of worried they angered the real Beatrice.

And their conflicting interpretations of who Beatrice is was why Meta-Beatrice is all over the place.
Old 2012-10-18, 20:59   Link #428
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

These theories are scary in how similar they are to something Ryukishi would do.

Though my absolute favorite fan theory is the one where the Epitaph is referring to Kinzo's penis.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:35   Link #429
battle22

Quote:
Though my absolute favorite fan theory is the one where the Epitaph is referring to Kinzo's penis.
O.o Creepy
Old 2012-10-19, 02:47   Link #430
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
One of my favorite variations of Shkanon that Renall and I came up with is that Shannon and Kanon are both separate people, and they're both pretending to be Beatrice for their own reasons, but they don't know that the other one is also being Beatrice so they're kind of worried they angered the real Beatrice.

And their conflicting interpretations of who Beatrice is was why Meta-Beatrice is all over the place.
Nine pages of pure gold~

My personal favorite was the one about the Ushiromiya cult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Wouldn't put it past him.

Oh, and another idea my brain just farted out:
An interactive game (like SeagullCrazy's genius EP3) where you play as Erika the night of October 5th after everyone else has died. You get to roam around the mansion however you like, and get to do whatever you've always dreamed of doing when you visited someone else's house but couldn't, like look through the family's stuff, the drawers, underneath the beds, even draw a mustache on Battler's corpse or something. You can do whatever the hell you want.

All this needs is some sort of story to go behind it, otherwise it'd be kinda pointless.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-10-19, 06:44   Link #431
Drifloon

I've always thought it'd be pretty interesting to have a game that started after everyone but your piece had already died, and you'd have to deduce the entire course of events simply from investigating the scene. It'd probably be near-impossible to design a puzzle that complicated, though.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:28   Link #432
Captain Bluebeard

I wouldn't call it impossible, I think it would be more tough on the reader of such a work, because, you know, no alibis beforehand, hard to guess the motives e.t.c.

I was more talking about a comedy thing, for example, Umineko: The Annoying Guest or ~Nosy~ stuff like that, but it still would need some sort of plot and a goal for the game overal. But a mystery stuff out of this would be pretty interesting too.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-10-20, 04:11   Link #433
Drifloon

Well, I meant it would be very difficult to design such a game in a way that it would be possible for the reader to solve it.

No matter how difficult a puzzle is to solve, it is always more difficult to design. Unless the puzzle is designed poorly and doesn't provide enough information to reach the solution, of course.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 09:29   Link #434
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Give the detective observer's authority so that he gets wildly biased flashbacks when he touches important objects.
Old 2012-10-20, 15:49   Link #435
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Renall had an idea for Magic Umineko, where all the characters had magic powers and interacted with the fantasy characters like it was nothing...but the magic has nothing to do with the murders because the killer is using anti-magic fields.

Battler has no power except the ability to commune with the Voyager Witches, so the family tells him stuff like "Dammit, not Shannon too....Battler, are there any useful Reds here?"

Most of the victims were Fantasy characters too. Just like...shanked Sakutarou for the first Twilight or something.

Kinzo was dead, but Natsuhi is a medium and thus she acts as a voice for him. Eva calls her a borrowed voice lololol.

Krauss has the power to predict the financial market....50 years in advance, but not in the immediate future.

Eva's powers are all hogged by her split personality.

Hideyoshi can cure headaches with his hand.

Jessica and George, Shannon and Kanon have their flashy fightan powers.

Rudolf has the power to swoon any woman, and Kyrie has the power to surpass anything she's jealous of.

Rosa has the power to kill anything, Tsukihime-style.

Maria can create life.

Genji was a person Kinjo revived by letting Ronove share his body. Virgilia is a former Magical Girl. She can henshin into a beautiful middle aged woman named Silver Beatrice<3Virgilia-hime.

Erika is a minor witch who can see past illusions and magic, and use ofuda papers to seal passages and doorsways magically.

Gohda's just some dude they hired to cook. He knows nothing about what's really going on.

The killer was going to be hinted to be Other Battler, with the power of being forgotten, but the truth is that Battler did it, and his real power is Endless Nine. "Fuck magic and witches!"

The truth of the whole thing is that the Ushiromiyas are a eugenics experiment. Kinzo was trying to create magic in otherwise ordinary people with no supernatural lineage, with the ultimate goal of creating someone who can create a paradise.

The result was Yasu. She has the ability to warp reality straight up, including creating new universes, but it requires everyone to go along with it or the incomplete magic distorts reality horribly, in this case manifesting Battler's rejection of this world as a supernatural, external manifestation of his hatred for magic, with none of his other personality bits to give it a conscience.

At the end, Beatrice is torn, and wrecked, and broken. She wants to die, but, "If I do, my magic will fall apart. Reality will show it's true face again. A world where...none of us live, magic and miracles don't exist, and I can't find love. Battler...help me."

Battler is moved by Beato's tears, and he almost remembers another world. A world far away from this one, where he made a promise to a girl. A promise he broke by forgetting it.

So instead of killing her, or accepting her magic, he embraces her, and everyone vanishes. Battler had chosen a third option. What it is, I cannot say. We cannot know. It's forever locked inside a Catbox.

Btw, Ange's power is reviving the dead. Figures the one time they leave her at home, huh?
Old 2012-10-20, 16:02   Link #436
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

BRILLIANT. Really, you guys are like a... a... I don't know! But what matters is that this SHOULD be written.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 16:09   Link #437
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
Well, I meant it would be very difficult to design such a game in a way that it would be possible for the reader to solve it.

No matter how difficult a puzzle is to solve, it is always more difficult to design. Unless the puzzle is designed poorly and doesn't provide enough information to reach the solution, of course.
Well, I was talking about to what deegree the reader would be able to connect all the indirect hints because it's difficult to guess all of the events that occured without seeing anything prior to the crime scene itself, but I guess we are basically talking about the same thing.

Still, designing a puzzle like that would be an extremely entertaining challenge. Don't know if the same applies to solving it though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Give the detective observer's authority so that he gets wildly biased flashbacks when he touches important objects.
Now THAT idea I like. Extremely biased flashbacks, with extremely biased narrations, depending on whose memory you're peeking at, like : "then that idiot Battler pointed his finger and said......" e.t.c. That would be fun.

Quote:
Btw, Ange's power is reviving the dead. Figures the one time they leave her at home, huh?
I'm still laughing about this part XD

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-10-20, 19:29   Link #438
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Genji was a person Kinjo revived
Man I love it when these typos happen.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:00   Link #439
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

....Yes, that was a typo.

OR WAS IT.
Old 2012-11-02, 08:41   Link #440
RandomAvatarFan

What ever happened to Renall's Redaction? Is he still working on that? It seemed interesting.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote