Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-01, 17:29   Link #14541
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Not only that, but they're trying to push legislation to ban birth control and grant unfertilized eggs "person" status, in order to kill stem cell research.

I wonder, does that mean we can all start claiming millions of dependents on our taxes?
Nope, it would mean if a woman doesn't at least attempt to get pregnant during every ovulation cycle that she's a murderer. Wait, maybe that was their plan all along...

Quote:
It's shit like this that really makes me wonder if killing these people would even be considered murder or simply a cleansing of the gene pool?
Both. But be careful of martyrdom effects.
Old 2011-07-01, 17:32   Link #14542
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ugh... such great these people are in power. -_-

lol@ politicians pretending they care about life.

But if say I were to issue a challenge that they'd take a vow of poverty of a year and only have basic needs attended to, while donating their salary to the poor, how many would agree? They'll fight for the rights of everyone, even unborn, but god forbid they are inconvenienced or lose a lobby or two.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-01, 17:58   Link #14543
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Not only that, but they're trying to push legislation to ban birth control and grant unfertilized eggs "person" status, in order to kill stem cell research.
One of the ways you can tell they failed science...
Old 2011-07-01, 21:58   Link #14544
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
It's shit like this that really makes me wonder if killing these people would even be considered murder or simply a cleansing of the gene pool?
(Un)fortunately, this stupidity isn't genetic, rather it's the result of a highly contagious memetic virus.
Old 2011-07-01, 22:29   Link #14545
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Even someone than failed science should understand than a unfertilised, as it is, can't become a person or something else without outside manipulation/influence.
Old 2011-07-01, 22:37   Link #14546
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I could quote the "people of the land ... morons" quote from Blazing Saddles, but the REAL underlying thing here is that these people "hate you because you had sex and you should be punished with pregnancy and no care".
Old 2011-07-01, 22:56   Link #14547
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I could quote the "people of the land ... morons" quote from Blazing Saddles, but the REAL underlying thing here is that these people "hate you because you had sex and you should be punished with pregnancy and no care".
Too bad than nobody remenber those how they came to existence .
Old 2011-07-02, 11:15   Link #14548
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Even someone than failed science should understand than a unfertilised, as it is, can't become a person or something else without outside manipulation/influence.
Yeah, so as long as they choose not to understand that, then women kill people every month without even intending to Oh, and let's not forget the guys whenever they fap

The only thing I can say about these anti-abortion, anti-benefits nutters are only that way because they have a distorted sense of conservatism. Either that, or they're trying to increase the population and force them to do work/serve in the military (preferably the latter) to finance wars/themselves _through taxes_. Quite the crafty move.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:30   Link #14549
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Yeah, so as long as they choose not to understand that, then women kill people every month without even intending to Oh, and let's not forget the guys whenever they fap
Oh my god! Every day I'm committing mass genocide!
Old 2011-07-02, 22:24   Link #14550
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Clinton slams Gaddafi threat to attack Europe
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7270JP20110703

The question should be ; could he launch a terrorist attact on Europe ?
Old 2011-07-03, 00:16   Link #14551
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Clinton slams Gaddafi threat to attack Europe
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7270JP20110703

The question should be ; could he launch a terrorist attact on Europe ?
He should. Then the Europeans will take the conflict seriously.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-07-03, 02:40   Link #14552
killer3000ad

Case against former IMF chief begins to unravel
Quote:
Also, less than two days after the alleged victim said the attack occurred, she spoke over the phone with a boyfriend in an Arizona jail in a recorded conversation.

A source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that she said that "she's fine and this person is rich and there's money to be made," as originally reported by The New York Times.

The source also said the alleged victim had bank accounts in multiple states.

"She was getting deposits of several thousands of dollars at a time from people she knew, potentially involved in drug dealing," the source told CNN.

The 32-year-old immigrant admitted to prosecutors that she lied about the specifics of her whereabouts following the alleged attack, the details of an asylum application and information she put on tax forms, according to documents filed in court Friday by prosecutors.
Old 2011-07-03, 04:32   Link #14553
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
He should. Then the Europeans will take the conflict seriously.
Either that or leaving eve earlier; some country are less optimistic or willing about this .
Old 2011-07-03, 04:54   Link #14554
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If they are directly attacked they would have every right to go in beyond the UN resolution though.
Old 2011-07-03, 05:59   Link #14555
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Most politicians are lawyers, not scientists. You know this. When you have candidates running for the highest office in the country who can't even get basic historical facts correct (let alone Constitutional law), there's a problem.

I have an appreciation for the complexities of getting hundreds of people to agree on anything, and then crafting definitive language of that into the law of the land while also listening to the demands of millions of your citizens and special interests while also stressing over election financing, but really...some of these people are genuinely scary.
Old 2011-07-03, 07:28   Link #14556
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
, but really...some of these people are genuinely scary.
What's scaring me most is the fact than some peoples agree whit them and wold vothe for them.
Old 2011-07-03, 08:07   Link #14557
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
What's scaring me most is the fact than some peoples agree whit them and wold vothe for them.
Each generation has their own group of idiots. Remember the water fluoridation protests back in the 1950s about it being a communist conspiracy?

Though I still don't see the reason why the public resists education and critical thinking; "reeducation" is so much worse.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-07-03, 08:16   Link #14558
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Though I still don't see the reason why the public resists education and critical thinking; "reeducation" is so much worse.
Only at the start ( if you have a braing to begin with ) , after you will never really have to think again..
Old 2011-07-03, 08:25   Link #14559
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Only at the start ( if you have a braing to begin with ) , after you will never really have to think again..
I think everyone has a brain, but 80% of the world population just simply refuse to use it. You don't adjust to the size of your comfort zone, you make the comfort zone adjust its size to you.

Anyway, good news :

Japan officials draw up Tepco breakup plan: report

Quote:
(Reuters) - A group of Japanese government heavyweights have written a secret proposal to break up Tokyo Electric Power Co and nationalise its nuclear operations, a newspaper said on Sunday.

The plan, drawn up by Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshito Sengoku, would force Tokyo Electric sell its power distribution business and bring its nuclear power operations under state control, leaving the company with power generation operations using thermal and hydraulic power plants.

It would leave Tokyo Electric, better known as Tepco, with only 1.6 trillion yen ($19.85 billion) in power business assets compared with 7 trillion yen at present, the Mainichi daily said, citing informed sources.

The proposal has been kept under wraps as the government focuses on a taxpayer bailout for the utility to soothe market worries.

Sengoku, who has held meetings with Tepco chairman Tsunehisa Katsumata several times, has notified Katsumata about the internal document, the report said.

In June, the government approved a draft law to help Tepco pay billions of dollars in compensation to refugees from around its crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

The nuclear crisis began with the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, which knocked out reactor cooling systems at the plant, triggering meltdowns and radiation leaks that have yet to be brought under control.

For years Tepco has resisted any attempt to end its monopoly on power in Tokyo and the surrounding region. The disaster has given its opponents a chance to break up Asia's biggest power company.
Certainly it took a nuclear disaster and loss of thousands of lives to crack this up.

Old 2011-07-03, 09:20   Link #14560
killer3000ad

Thailand to have first female PM

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international