AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 16:55   Link #1101
Fran~
floating away...

And i was complaining about Haruhi neverending loop...
Old 2011-05-25, 17:22   Link #1102
kakakka

Still nothing? So I guess this fight will only have one clash and it'll be over.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 17:23   Link #1103
Fran~
floating away...

Based on Miyata's analysis... the life or death gamble... it's quite possible. But there is all those hints about Ippo's mind condition on this fight. I don't know if Morikawa would make a one punch KO.
Old 2011-05-26, 01:34   Link #1104
lightningfire
gamer

go buy some in hongkong, i saw some when i was in for vacation
It’s a matter of keeping close the pain that causes you harm
lightningfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:29   Link #1105
Undertaker

Really, after reading the latest chapter all I can think of is WTF!!!!

I've being a fan of this series since day 1 when I was still back in Taiwan, I know the pace is slow, but they always serves some story purposes and is is one of few realistic Shonen action Manga with no fantasy element. But lately it has became slower than snail's pace.

The fights are getting more and more disappointing. The whole series was based upon realistic boxing (as manga can be) in real live situation. But past couple of fight you are seeing some really outlandish fights that make it seems like more of Prince of Tennis than Hajime no Ippo.

But this is ridiculous, we're 5 chapters into the fight and no punch was thrown? Even worse these 5 chapters can really be condensed to 2 or 3 chapters and still have same impact. I was hoping this would restore my faith to this series, but it's really trying now...

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-05-28 at 20:51.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 20:05   Link #1106
Fran~
floating away...

Those 5 chapters can easily be condensed in half of a chapter...
ok, i'll be generous and i'll say 1 chapter, but ONLY ONE!.
Old 2011-05-28, 21:07   Link #1107
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I just hope it's a one punch KO.
Or probably Morikwa will do the Jack Dempsy VS Jess Willard. Where Willard was KOed, but got up before the count of 10 which Dempsy thought he beaten him and went back to the ring and fought Willard breaking his jaw, ribs and fracturing his skull with his unloading of punches.

Or he might do a Pacquiao VS Margarito where Ippo gains speed and good side stepping to jab Margarito from a distance and then unload on him.

Either way FIGHT ALREADY!!!!
Old 2011-05-29, 07:55   Link #1108
ShiroiRyu

Yes, it's a one punch KO ...
but not for Ippo side. :|
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 07:59   Link #1109
tsunade666

Finally a PUNCH! and it HIT! right on the face! But what will happen. Is it enough to take down the god of wind! a one punch chapter and a cliffhanger nice...... >.>
Old 2011-05-29, 09:22   Link #1110
AnimeFangirl

Next chapter, another punch!
Old 2011-05-29, 09:46   Link #1111
Xaturas

Next chapter all of bulshit in their minds.
Another chapter kamogawa and other trainers spout some bulshit same goes, for crowd.
Another chapter ippo is counted.
Then another bulshit chapters with internal monologue and fighting with spirit only.
Then last chapter ippo fights unconciouss and owns the dude.
Then all happy ...
Anyway I'm done with ippo its slower than anything I have ever seen.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 10:38   Link #1112
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for current chapter:
Old 2011-05-29, 14:36   Link #1113
Casshern

I think of the japanese who actually pay to read Morikawa's work each week and I wonder why they don't rise up as one... and slay him. (Lewis Black reference )

Seriously now, it was the obvious conclusion. Kojima went on about this tactic for ages. If he didn't get to use it at least once it would have been underwhelming at best. He'll probably beat on Ippo for a while, though I'll be surprised if Kojima actually wins.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 15:32   Link #1114
Fran~
floating away...

I know you don't remember... but go and read Ch918, you will remember what kind of training Ippo did.
Old 2011-05-29, 15:38   Link #1115
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I know you don't remember... but go and read Ch918, you will remember what kind of training Ippo did.
Even with that in mind, that should have shaken his brain. That is a HUGE amount of damage to take from the first punch of the round.

Humorously enough, I expect Ippo to almost get taken out, but saved by the bell, since he stalled so much.
Old 2011-05-29, 15:43   Link #1116
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Even with that in mind, that should have shaken his brain. That is a HUGE amount of damage to take from the first punch of the round.
Yeah, but here it comes the thing about the difference between fist's weight of challengers and champions, that was what Date told Ippo some years ago... then it comes the thing about the will of fight that you can see in the eyes of your rival.

I remember one Takamura fight, when he went down at first and after that he almost killed the other guy, granted, Ippo isn't Takamura, but...

Well, isn't the fist time that Ippo is facing this kind of punishment. He broke his fist against Mashiba, he fought Sendoh and suffered Date's heartbreak shot.
Old 2011-05-29, 16:09   Link #1117
darry

Ippo wins anyway no way Morikawa would let him lose to such a Low Fighter
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:58   Link #1118
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, isn't the fist time that Ippo is facing this kind of punishment. He broke his fist against Mashiba, he fought Sendoh and suffered Date's heartbreak shot.
Out of all those only the heartbreak shot is comparable to a two-ton counter to the noggin.

I'm not ignoring what you said about the weight of a champions fist etc, but I'd say Kojima's fist is pretty damn weighty, with his kid on the way and all.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:07   Link #1119
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Out of all those only the heartbreak shot is comparable to a two-ton counter to the noggin.

I'm not ignoring what you said about the weight of a champions fist etc, but I'd say Kojima's fist is pretty damn weighty, with his kid on the way and all.
You're correct... but for that very reason i posted about Ippo's training for this fight.

Kamogawa focused on Ippo's neck. Kojima's weakness is that he is not the protagonist. It's like Date fighting Martinez. Date's family was there and Date's put everything what he had. But Morikawa created Martinez as an invencible prodigy.

Back to the training, to Morikawa, Kamogawa is one hell of a trainer (despite our opinions ), so you can say that Kamogawa anticipated every observation that Miyata and the others did, so probably he knew Ippo's pattern and that Kojima could try that approach. That's the way that Ippo's wins goes, he trusts in Kamogawa's training so his body can endure anything on the ring. So if Kojima's punch is heavy, Kamogawa trained Ippo to endure it and fight back. That's why Takamura told him to fight like a champion and not as a challenger. Kojima even saw Ippo's will of fight and he hesitated for a second.

I think that is very unreasonable after hundreds of chapters to even think in an Ippo's loss. He is gonna win.
Old 2011-05-30, 04:48   Link #1120
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
I think that is very unreasonable after hundreds of chapters to even think in an Ippo's loss. He is gonna win.
Yeah, just that maybe it won't be as easy as people thought it would, which is kinda sad because now we're gonna see another horribly long and strenuous fight between them and Ippo's gonna make another of his typical comeback KO's when in all probability, his fight should've ended on the first punch in his favour.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports