AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-23, 00:41   Link #301
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Hmm perhaps they emphasize Seven Sword system as more like anti-ship system. that big sword give me the feeling of easily slice up a spaceship or warship. they(spaceship/warship) can't do anything when 00 approach in close range.

PS: that transparent green edge on the katar. is that a new system to improve the GN particle cutting power?
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 00:43   Link #302
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
Hmm perhaps they emphasize Seven Sword system as more like anti-ship system. that big sword give me the feeling of easily slice up a spaceship or warship. they can't do anything when 00 approach in close range
Given the GN Shield-esque mount on the Buster Sword, I'll say the GN Buster Sword's size is more for it to double as a shield, like how the Zwei used its Buster Sword against the GN-X's beam rifles in ep19.

And of course, for people complaining that the 00 Gundam didn't have a big enough weapon...

I do wish they drew it with a pair of GN Buster Sword II's for symmetry...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 00:52   Link #303
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Given the GN Shield-esque mount on the Buster Sword, I'll say the GN Buster Sword's size is more for it to double as a shield, like how the Zwei used its Buster Sword against the GN-X's beam rifles in ep19.

And of course, for people complaining that the 00 Gundam didn't have a big enough weapon...

I do wish they drew it with a pair of GN Buster Sword II's for symmetry...
oh wait now I see it how it moves. it use the the GN Buster Sword II as a side shield just like Throne Ein. while the other shoulder GN vernier (the one without anything mounted on it) give a propulsion to move. approach the enemy in close range (for example a spaceship) then slash. haah how I wish they animated this at least once
Old 2008-10-23, 00:56   Link #304
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
oh wait now I see it how it moves. it use the the GN Buster Sword II as a side shield just like Throne Ein. while the other shoulder GN vernier (the one without anything mounted on it) give a propulsion to move.
If need to, the GN Buster Sword II can be mounted on the elbows much like the GN Shield, thus freeing up the GN Drive to release GN Particles.

However, as shown in S1 and S2 you don't need directional thrust from the GN Drive to move.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-10-23, 01:02   Link #305
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If need to, the GN Buster Sword II can be mounted on the elbows much like the GN Shield, thus freeing up the GN Drive to release GN Particles.

However, as shown in S1 and S2 you don't need directional thrust from the GN Drive to move.
but they definitely can increase the density of the sword/shield by channelling GN particle from the GN vernier to the sword (hence they mounted it on the shoulder)

about the movement certainly no need to have directional thrust from the GN Drive to move. however that's because they put the vernier in the middle and there is only one of them while on 00 there are two. it might still be able to move but it definitely will go faster when the vernier propulsion and direction are at thesame line especially for a breakthrough
Old 2008-10-23, 01:19   Link #306
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Spoiler for GN-0000/7S:
Dang, while I think the concept of seven swords is cool, those swords look way too bulky. I think I still prefer Exia's retractable GN blade.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 02:13   Link #307
Homura
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Spoiler for GN-0000/7S:
lol i think the big sword mainly uses to destroy spaceship or spacefortress or even mobile armor in case of them employ large and intensive GN Field..

if not let's Seravee have a big bazooka as well which would be more convenient..
Homura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 03:59   Link #308
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for GN-0000/7S:
This 00 Gundam's close combat equipment was designed for pilot Setsuna F. Seiei, before the Twin Drive System was functional. Since it's an update of Exia's Seven Sword system, the equipment consisted of seven swords too. However, as the sizes of the swords increased, the equipment became an entire different system compared to Exia's. The Seven Sword Equipment was designed and built in a factory located in L3 , before Setsuna met up with the reborn Celestial Being. Unfortunately, as the importance of 0 Raiser, which was designed to support the fully functional Twin Drive System, increased, The Seven Sword equipment was not utilized in combat since it couldn't be used together with the 0 Raiser. However, if a mission that required powerful close combat abilities would occur, and 00 Gundam would need to be improved, then it's possible for the Seven Sword equipment to be used in actual combat.
Old 2008-10-23, 04:30   Link #309
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That a translation of the profile? Rather interesting history on the Seven Sword, which means it might get used in an off-screen mission or so

Old 2008-10-23, 07:05   Link #310
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Holy!!! 00 Gundam got a kickass equipment. If Ali did see that,he would be shitting himself.

That buster sword really got me since Blue Frame SL tactical arm sword. Now i'm don't know which model kit to buy,this 00 Gundam or 00 Gundam with 0 Riser.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 08:00   Link #311
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i bet 00 7s will come out as a 1/100 kit nxt yr
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 08:42   Link #312
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More on the GN Sefer and Sefer Rasiel

Old 2008-10-23, 08:54   Link #313
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More 00 Gundam Seven Sword

Old 2008-10-23, 08:58   Link #314
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

thanks alot 4 the cool images gear
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 10:33   Link #315
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Interesting. Sefer Rezel has awesome GN Skate shoes!

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2008-10-23 at 10:48.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 12:31   Link #316
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Rasiel is looking good with Sefer & it has somekind of ski equipment.Hopefully it will come in 1/100.That 00 gundam buster sword is kinda odd too, man Setsuna is the luckiest pilot in gundam history.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 12:48   Link #317
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Rasiel is looking good with Sefer & it has somekind of ski equipment.Hopefully it will come in 1/100.
That ski equipment is actually just another pair of the GN Sefer's "arms". Though it really does look strange...

Old 2008-10-23, 20:22   Link #318
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More images of the 00 Gundam Seven Sword:

Spoiler for Hobby Japan official custom model:

Seems the knee katars can be used I-Justice style, and the GN Sword II Short doubles as a rocket anchor...

Also...

This blurb supposedly mentions that the idea for the GN Buster Sword II was inspired by reverse engineering a Buster Sword from the GN-XII.

Old 2008-10-23, 20:27   Link #319
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Yeah, I thought it was inspired by Throne Zwei's

Anyway, the GN Buster Sword II can transform from Sword Mode to Shield Mode, and able to generate powerful GN Field.
Old 2008-10-23, 20:30   Link #320
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Yeah, I thought it was inspired by Throne Zwei's

Anyway, the GN Buster Sword II can transform from Sword Mode to Shield Mode, and able to generate powerful GN Field.
The GN-XII Buster Sword itself could be inspired by the Zwei's most likely

And thanks for the added info, nothing quite surprising in the GN Buster Sword II's abilities, but still awesome to imagine