AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-12, 13:48   Link #81
BWTraveller
Born to ship

OK, the author (or animators if this's due to the adaptation) really doesn't care anymore where romance is concerned. With Yumina you could make the excuse that she can see a great deal about a person's true nature abnormally quickly due to her power, and with Elze, Linze and Yae, they spent a great deal of time with him. Now it's descending to the point of "I saw him one time, he helped me, so I want to dedicate the rest of my life to him!" Honestly, I didn't even have a problem with Sue, since she too had plenty of time to get to know him before she went from just expressing her intent to someday marry him to actually asking to make it official, but with Hilde it really feels like they just decided she'd be one of the wives without thinking through how to make this actually happen.

Also, honestly, I'd have thought Touya wouldn't have had that much difficulty with the picture. I'd have thought he'd just say he had the picture from long ago and that he wasn't about to show a picture of one of his own wives.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 14:04   Link #82
Frontier

Monica in camo! Touya customizing his Mecha's in the most nerdy way possible! The Goddess of Love living on Earth and posing as his sister! Just another day in the life of Touya .

So the Goddess of Love, I mean Karen Mochizuki, needs some immediate love power so of course she's going to get up close and personal with Touya and his Harem...who are gracious enough to their purported sister-in-law to treat her with proper deference and respect .

It's nice to see Hilde again, along with her grandfather...who seems to enjoy feeling up womens' butts for the sake of testing their mettle. I guess it's the kind of thing you can only get away with as an old royal who is also a skilled warrior .

When Hilde challenged their greatest warrior I thought she was going to fight Touya (though Touya mostly just cheats) but instead she fights with Yae! I guess she is their best swordswoman and that was a cool exchange of practice swords .

Poor Hilde finding out the guy she has her eyes on has a wife...no, make that multiple wives! And with other princesses! Good thing Karen was able to come in and make it clear that Hilde is in love with Touya and should immediately become his next wife, which she happily jumps on with full approval of her fellow sister wives. Here comes the seventh wife .

Touya barely knows this girl and is now getting married to her. Oh well. At least he doesn't have to fight her grandfather for her hand in marriage because that's reserved for Hilde herself .

Sakura had her own little subplot in the eyecatches where she hangs out with Leen and even gets to see the wives all getting along well. Foreshadowing her status as wife number eight .

I kind of wish Hilde had been able to beat her grandfather by herself, but I guess if her grandfather could so easily be swayed by the mirage of a hot lady in a bikini, he didn't deserve the win. Though Touya is in a bit of the doghouse with his other wives (aside from Sue who is just confused) for having such a picture on his phone and the implications. Guess a guy's got to be a guy .

Karen is really enjoying the heck out of talking with the girls and watching them all gush about their shared love of Touya and how they relate to each other through that. It's really rather sweet .
Old 2023-06-12, 14:40   Link #83
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

As a book reader I am completely disgusted by this season. Way to skip all the good stuff and concentrate on the harem too much. If I knew it was going to be this bad I would have skipped the entire thing. Book 7 which is this episode was one of my favorites. They completely removed the best part.
The 1st season was 3 books. I have no idea where it will end. But I worried we might get to 10.

Spoiler for Stuffed skipped:

Last edited by Kamijou Touma IB; 2023-06-13 at 15:40.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 16:47   Link #84
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
OK, the author (or animators if this's due to the adaptation) really doesn't care anymore where romance is concerned. With Yumina you could make the excuse that she can see a great deal about a person's true nature abnormally quickly due to her power, and with Elze, Linze and Yae, they spent a great deal of time with him. Now it's descending to the point of "I saw him one time, he helped me, so I want to dedicate the rest of my life to him!" Honestly, I didn't even have a problem with Sue, since she too had plenty of time to get to know him before she went from just expressing her intent to someday marry him to actually asking to make it official, but with Hilde it really feels like they just decided she'd be one of the wives without thinking through how to make this actually happen.
Yea, the Hilde connection was neck breakingly rapid lol. If I were Touya, I'd be like whoooaaaa let's pump the brakes on this for a bit. I'd not be in a hurry to let some rando chick I know next to nothing about declare herself my fiance. It's also kinda funny that he's lucky enough to have seven girls after him who are all pretty selfless when it comes to their love lives; nobody seems to have an issue sharing him with so many. Though I guess if polygamy is usual for that world it's not surprising.

Quote:
Also, honestly, I'd have thought Touya wouldn't have had that much difficulty with the picture. I'd have thought he'd just say he had the picture from long ago and that he wasn't about to show a picture of one of his own wives.
No doubt; he could've turned it around like "what, you wanted me to show one of YOU all sexy like to this old dude?" lol I'd also have asked them if they really think I'm going to go through the rest of my life never looking at another girl. Though I'll take Touya's shrug-and-run tactic over the Tensei Kizoku protag's willingness to sit seiza and take a reprimand from his women over dumb shit hehe.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 20:07   Link #85
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

They removed the main reason the Love God, Karen descended. Maybe coz there's no chance to continue anymore in a future season and it's a long plot thread in the series.
Spoiler:

As expected the Lestia part was put ahead. This part should have happened after a big arc which I thought could be the finale, but with them reducing the Frame Gear count, I really doubt it now. That big arc should have been the main reason for the Lestia visit given its impact. But I really don't know if they would even put that arc in the next episode.
Also, they skipped how the old guy, the former King and also a high rank adventurer, which they keep mentioning that Touya also is one without showing how he became one, tried to grope Karen as well but he was mysteriously flipped over and fell on the ground. Gods are just untouchable it seems. The old man actually groped a lot of maids on the way to emphasize that he was a perverted old man and the trick with the duel with Hilde would work knowing about that.

Also also, the reason the girls accepted Hilde way too fast was coz we skipped obtaining another Babylon piece and knowing a thing about Touya.
Spoiler:

Well last episode next time and it's gonna take a miracle for a 3rd season. Then again this second season was a miracle already. Just saw that there are currently 27 volumes of this series. Wow.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-13, 09:19   Link #86
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm not entirely sure I recall the order, but if the gynoid they skipped is the one I'm thinking of, I'm not entirely surprised. That one might have been a little hard to pull off with the level of fanservice they've tried to maintain so far.
Spoiler:
Old 2023-06-13, 12:35   Link #87
Lex79

Author seems to love the henpecked husband trope, so no matter what he could've said, Touya would have never won the argument regarding the ecchi picture.
Old 2023-06-14, 06:38   Link #88
zeross87

With how doomed this season is I actually hope they will squeeze in the
Spoiler for Minor spoil:
device from the store room
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-14, 09:15   Link #89
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Author seems to love the henpecked husband trope, so no matter what he could've said, Touya would have never won the argument regarding the ecchi picture.
Author's not alone there. "Henpecked" harem king is almost as ubiquitous as the harem itself. A very large portion of harems have the guy at the lowest rung in the general relationship. Part of the reason I consider harem in general as more indulgence of a desire to be loved and appreciated and accepted than a desire to hold some kind of power or authority over others. But yeah, in this series there's no doubt that he'd be unable to make excuses.
Old 2023-06-14, 09:52   Link #90
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
With how doomed this season is I actually hope they will squeeze in the
Spoiler for Minor spoil:
device from the store room
Do you think they have the time to showcase finding the Storehouse in this Season, considering it was the 2nd last one to be found, and we have only 1 episode left.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-15, 02:16   Link #91
zeross87

doing it properly no absolutely not. but with how much they skipped they could skip to it like fuck it lets animate that part. at least we would see a cute character
Old 2023-06-15, 14:49   Link #92
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

With all the stuff they've skipped and their decision to focus on the harem I'd be sorely disappointed if the two other girls don't become fiancees by the end of the last episode
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 13:59   Link #93
Frontier

The Goddess of Love has good taste putting the Harem in Sailor Suit School Uniforms! The girls all looked great! That it matches the look of Touya's first love is also a bonus .

How convenient that the Tower and Rampart are already together so Touya can close out Babylon in the final episode! And we get Preliora, probably the most normal, polite, and mature of the robot maids and Pamela Noele the most lazy and constantly hungry of said maids. Of course Pamela jumps at Touya for a kiss while Lioria gets in a good, long, one with Touya. Because apparently she was the professor's sex partner. And she's willing to be Touya's if he's interested. Because it wouldn't be Babylon without some sexy shenanigans .

Good thing the birth of Yumina's little brother happened before Lioria could give the game away! The king is such an adorable dad. And now Touya doesn't have to worry about inheriting the throne, just naming the kid Yamato !

We've got quite the Harem here! All Nine girls in the bath naked along with all the robot maids! Great collection of girls, Touya .

Hey Touya, don't be writing off the robot maids as potential Harem members! They all seem game .

It's funny watching Sakura and Leen being casual observers to the Harem judging Touya for trying to keep it secret that there are two more wives on the way...when the two of them are also said wives .

Well, I'm glad the girls aren't judging Touya for stuff he didn't do or two more wives at this point...but he should've been honest with them. Though kissing them all doesn't sound like the worst punishment .

The fireworks and the jubilation really put things into perspective for Touya as he desires more than ever to protect his wives, his people, and the life he's made for himself in this other world. And it's the perfect mood for Yumina to steal kiss, Elze to follow suit, Sue to just get a cheek kiss (the lips will wait until she's older), Lu to be too flustered that she runs away, Hilde to pass out, Yae to finally get her kiss only to judo throw Touya and Linze to finally get her kiss...even if she gives Touya a solid right hook to follow it. Sounds about right for Touya's Harem .

Ending on quite the sight for the future of the girls all in their wedding dresses !
Old 2023-06-19, 14:52   Link #94
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I kind of hoped they'd skip over Liora's nature. Instead the only thing they skipped is that she's equipped for both roles in bed, opting instead to only mention that she's equipped to act as the penetrator.

Odd really though that, even though a couple years will have passed and at their age that means a lot, none of the wives will look any different when they actually get married. Aside from the fact that Yumina will apparently lose her heterochromia.
Old 2023-06-19, 14:54   Link #95
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I am glad it is over. What a way to ruin a good story. The last episode was a joke. I gave a 6/10 and that is being generous.

Seeing them in the dresses is from book 21 and in person not in the crystal.
The future sight crystal doesn't work that way at all.

It shows a person in the future who has the name magical abilities. That it why Regina Babylon could only see Touya.
Old 2023-06-19, 18:41   Link #96
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

That's why they removed those parts earlier and changed the order of getting the Tower/Rampart. So they can make this the climax of the season. The reveal of the 9 wives and how he got roasted for hiding it. Would have made sense if they kept the correct order that he learned about it way earlier but he only now just learned of it so why did he get reprimanded by the harem. Touya may be powerful but it's the wives who are at the top of this relationship.
And I was hoping that they could somehow squeeze that whole arc in vol7 as the final episode like how they squeezed the Empire Rebellion in one episode but that would probably be too much for the animation team. Instead we ended it not with a bang but a whimper. The Frame Gears never got used at all despite dedicating episodes for it.

What a rush job of a season. They skipped getting a Knight Order so he just magically got one all of a sudden, one member of the Alliance of the countries through Touya was scrubbed and they didn't do the first big conflict of the series as a prelude of the big problems it will face ahead. It was already a miracle this got a 2nd season but I doubt it can happen again. Maybr I'll just continue where I left off in the novels.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 21:58   Link #97
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Odd really though that, even though a couple years will have passed and at their age that means a lot, none of the wives will look any different when they actually get married. Aside from the fact that Yumina will apparently lose her heterochromia.
I'd assume that was just an animator error. At least, I'd hope so. I like heterochromatic characters. The best being Lucoa, with the very striking eyes. That's beyond heterochromia into some weird new level lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
That's why they removed those parts earlier and changed the order of getting the Tower/Rampart. So they can make this the climax of the season. The reveal of the 9 wives and how he got roasted for hiding it. Would have made sense if they kept the correct order that he learned about it way earlier but he only now just learned of it so why did he get reprimanded by the harem.
The whole time he's sitting there all sheepish I'm like dude, point out how you didn't seek out any of these wives. Of course, their "punishment" was pretty amusing. If that's the punishment, I'd be more open to letting them get angry at me when they like lol. Also like Yumina said, seven or nine what's the difference? I'd have barely batted an eye when the rampart chick told me that. Speaking of rampart chick, aren't those Babylon girls robots or something? I'd have thought they'd be programmed to obey the master's orders. He explicitly told her not to talk about the nine wives, and she disobeyed him seconds later. I can understand the professor programming in some free will, but if I were making service androids I'd not allow free will to override my commands.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-20, 05:52   Link #98
zeross87

i can't say it was good but it's not like it was terrible per see. what was shown was rather accurate, there was no anime only filler. but yes they skipped way to much important stuff to be called good that's for sure.

Quote:
aren't those Babylon girls robots or something? I'd have thought they'd be programmed to obey the master's orders. He explicitly told her not to talk about the nine wives, and she disobeyed him seconds later. I can understand the professor programming in some free will, but if I were making service androids I'd not allow free will to override my commands.
dunno if it was in the anime or not, if it's skipped material or nor but basically they are half robot half genetic. and they are not "programmed" per see but each have a part of their master personality infused to them (like noel is her glutton/slaker tendancy etc...).
Old 2023-06-20, 09:32   Link #99
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
The whole time he's sitting there all sheepish I'm like dude, point out how you didn't seek out any of these wives. Of course, their "punishment" was pretty amusing. If that's the punishment, I'd be more open to letting them get angry at me when they like lol. Also like Yumina said, seven or nine what's the difference? I'd have barely batted an eye when the rampart chick told me that. Speaking of rampart chick, aren't those Babylon girls robots or something? I'd have thought they'd be programmed to obey the master's orders. He explicitly told her not to talk about the nine wives, and she disobeyed him seconds later. I can understand the professor programming in some free will, but if I were making service androids I'd not allow free will to override my commands.
I think it was basically because the girls made Touya make her tell them .
Old 2023-06-20, 10:22   Link #100
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, the girls are part robot and part genetic (Francesca indicates at the start that she's basically an organic being, before immediately turning that to "so I can **** if you want"), and they're made up of aspects of their maker's personality. They're not precisely-programmed machines who just do their jobs without resistance, hesitation or mistake. I mean, if they were, do you think Noel would just lie there asleep for centuries, even refusing to wake up on request except under bribery? They can and will do what they want. And even if they do follow programmed protocols, there's no guarantee those protocols include placing oaths of silence made to their master as unbreakable under all conditions. And yeah, if I recall, in the books it was just an accidental aside mentioned in front of the girls, mentioning that Babylon was divided into 9 segments with 9 gynoids as a match for his 9 wives.

Tags
adventure, comedy