Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-05, 11:57   Link #41
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Any one read SCP here?
For those who do, treat the MC as a K Class SCP and the setting of the story as a post K Class End of World Scenario.
Things will be much easier to digest this way.
Lmao so basically the MC is a keter class SCP walking around with an instadeath ability, got it
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-05, 16:27   Link #42
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Any one read SCP here?
For those who do, treat the MC as a K Class SCP and the setting of the story as a post K Class End of World Scenario.
Whoa, really like this way of looking at it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 01:00   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Really, that's part of the joke: he's extremely deadpan. Even more than shown. As I said, in the original there was no glowing eyes or waves emanating or inner doors opening. He just thought something should be dead, and it would be dead. Really the whole "ability" thing is just semantic; there's really zero action involved. If anything, pointing or looking at individuals and telling them to die is just a way to control himself.

And as I've said, I think it's supposed to be interesting in part due to the extreme deadpan combined with the extreme horror of an absolute "power". There is no escaping him, there is no comparing power, there is no measurement that has any meaning; as I said, it's not a power, it just IS, and while that can be very funny when you're on his side, it can be terrifying if you're not 100% sure he likes you.

And yeah I've confirmed...
Spoiler:
I guess that's the way things go sometimes. Some things land and some things don't. I can appreciate that they were trying to be funny. But I don't think it worked very well. Just left with the impression that there isn't really anyone decent enough to actually watch the show for.

Credit to the MC. That's right up there amongst OP broken protagonists. Hard to get much higher than instant kill outside of a few possibilities. The title at least is accurate.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Any one read SCP here?
I'm sure what you said just made perfect sense . Feels like walking into a high end science class where everyone is talking in jargon . I am sure this does make sense though.
Old 2024-01-11, 11:56   Link #44
scififan

The enemy figures out the guy has instant kill ability, but she appears to underestimate him. His ability is unstoppable. Probably only Shijō Saikyō no Dai Maō could counter it. The guy's sideburn style resemble the girl's hair from Mato Seihei no Slave.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-11, 12:07   Link #45
Frontier

Yogiri and Tomochika are continuing their journey and reach their first town! Too bad they're still running into guys who barely help them and want Tomochika's body for themselves .

Cute cat girl alert! Meiryu is pretty honest about wanting to snag a male Sage for herself, though she won't steal someone's boyfriend! But she will lead you into a bandit trap so you can get robbed and exploited! At least Tomochika got a nice dress out of it .

I love how Yogiri is trying to find a non-lethal use for his powers but he ends up killing all the bandits. Kill an ankle, an arm, or even a time-delay...they die all the same. I also love how Meiryu is like "I have family" and he's like "that doesn't mean you can rob and traffick people" .

Edelgart the captain of the guard! It does look pretty suspicious how our protagonists got caught among a bunch of dead bodies, though they can't deny there's no evidence they did anything. Plus, someone actually survived !

Tomochika is still thinking about her relationship with Yogiri but now she has something else to worry about...the ghost of the wife of her family's patron saint who has come to assist her! And it seems like Tomochika hails from a family of world-class archers dating back to the Heian period, so I guess this is going to build up to Tomochika being able to hold her own alongside Yogiri! She's already got a bow !

Oh, and I guess we get the explanation for the Sage's...they're all controlled puppets by Sion and don't seem to have the same identity they had before .

Okay, so we've got Rina Sato as a hot vampire waifu, Mechas, rogue Sages, and the like...this is kind of a lot to throw in the last few minutes .

I love how we're at a point where Yogiri wants them to set clear cut standards for who he kills so he's not just killing everyone who moderately annoys him because that could become pretty common .

It's always nice seeing Yogiri just casually off a smug and condescending Sage. I hope we get even more of that in the future .

So like was this Ein guy the actual good guy? Everything we've seen from Sages so far is that they're super shady and not worth trusting, even if Lain doesn't seem overtly malicious, but what happened to this Ariel girl? And are the Aggressors also the good guys ?

Sion still isn't worried about Yogiri and she just wants Lain to focus on the "Darkness" (the source of the Aggressors?) but Lain is assigning her zombie forces to go after Yogiri. Somehow I don't think being undead is going to prevent them from being killed .

Hiding a samurai sword as your underwear? How truly cultured .
Old 2024-01-11, 15:06   Link #46
Lex79

It's actually the first time I get to see Tomochika's sister, having never read the series where she was introduced. Anyway, genetics evidently work in a peculiar way in the Dannoura family.
Old 2024-01-12, 01:01   Link #47
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, I'm hoping not to make a big thing out of this, but again the deaths are (sometimes) a little underwhelming compared to the manga. Take the catgirl for instance. Here it just looks like nothing happened, then she runs away, he tells Tomochika that he didn't let them go, then the catgirl suddenly dies. In the manga, something appears to happen for a second before they come out "unscathed" and flee; Takato tells Tomochika that it occasionally takes a minute or two, but those he targets always die; catgirl is running across the roof when she loses balance as she feels her muscles fail, then she notices that her lungs aren't moving anymore, and her heart isn't beating, and the meaning dawns on her right as her life finally vanishes. That slow, dreadful realization that all her systems were shutting down made the whole scene so much more terrifying and showcased the horror of his power so much better. Would've only taken an extra few seconds, but oh well.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 11:14   Link #48
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
That slow, dreadful realization that all her systems were shutting down made the whole scene so much more terrifying and showcased the horror of his power so much better. Would've only taken an extra few seconds, but oh well.
I mean they're clearly trying to play up the comedy elements, so I'm not sure how "terrifying" death scenes would really fit.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 12:19   Link #49
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I get the feeling that Tomochika's straight man bit would get more grating as this series goes on, but I'll stick around for another episode just to see if I can still tolerate it.
Old 2024-01-15, 01:13   Link #50
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Ah Lain, how I missed you.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 09:43   Link #51
ChaosMaster130
Wanderer

Well, as someone who just finished the last LN recently, watching episode 2 and going 'Oh hey, I recognize that name. I forgot they showed up this early' was interesting to say the least.

It's a nice way to refresh my memory of the early LNs anyway, as I'd forgotten most of the '1-scene before getting Yogiri'd' characters over the years.
Old 2024-01-18, 12:02   Link #52
Frontier

They've finally reached a full-on metropolis city that looks exactly like something you'd see in Japan! Truly the fully-fledged Isekai experience .

Oh look, they've already met one of their classmates, Tachibana Yuki! And it turns Yogiri paid virtually no attention to his classmates, which is one advantage over him that Tomochika has. Not that the rest of the class are presenting themselves as the type of people you'd want to know, what with Tachibana being a ladies man turned Dominator with his own Harem who are as obsessed with him as they are determined to kill any other woman who catches his eye ?

Three episodes in a row and people keep wanting Tomochika for her body. Even Yogiri only initially saved her because of her boobs. Won't someone like her for her personality!? She's really cute and funny !

This Ootori guy looks super shady, especially for setting Tachibana on the path to becoming a full Dominator. I wonder if he's with the rest of the class still leveling up in the forest ?

Looks like Yogiri grew up in a temple alongside a cute doggie and the woman he escaped the facility with ?

I love how Tomochika is about to go outside and explore the city but sees the Immortal Army attacking in a humvee and is like "nope" .

So Aggressor The Darkness is like one giant humanoid cluster of darkness that erases anything it touches? Lain can't do anything about it, but could Yogiri kill it ?

Well, Erika's first mistake was trying to kill Tomochika around Yogiri, and the rest of Tachibana's Harem start dropping like flies. Though even if he didn't want Erika to act on Tomochika without his say so, seems like he always planned to force Tomochika into his Harem one way or another .

Gotta love how Yogiri can kill not only people but ice and wands too. And how Riza just had to have a wand hidden in her cleavage complete with making sexual noises while taking said wand out. And that she had another wand hidden behind her ear, not that it saved her .

Tomochika's got some moves! Though Tomochika can easily kill any dolls Chelsea sicks on them. And she manages to survive. I guess killing a loli might be too much even for Yogiri .

And of course a cockroach like Tachibana sicks cockroaches on Yogiri and Tomochika...and Tomochika is so freaked out she can't even call them by name. No better way to stop a swarm of cockatiel's than by killing their source, and now Yogiri can kill someone even from a distance so long as he can read their killing intent. Tachibana didn't stand a chance .

So now Stephanie is agonizing over his body, but Euphemia has no problem getting out of there...even if she just narrowly missed getting hit by the Aggressor. Doesn't save her from becoming Lain's thrall though .

Out of the Harem attack, into the zombie outbreak. Oh and the Aggressor is almost to the city too. I'm sure this will end well .
Old 2024-01-18, 12:39   Link #53
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Lmao I thought the MC was the worst threat this world has ever faced but it looks like this world is more messed up when apocalypse level threats are happening one after another

Overpowered sages, psychotic sage candidates, literal gundams, run of the mill monsters and bandits, a nebulous and immortal otherworldly threat, a 150 level dungeon and now a zombie apocalypse, and of course a MC with instadeath abilities lol.
Old 2024-01-18, 12:50   Link #54
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I really think this show is trash. But here comes Lain the vampire voiced by Satou Rina.
Old 2024-01-18, 13:56   Link #55
Marina2

Wait, he can also 'kill' thing that is not a life form? Okay, that's really OP.
Old 2024-01-18, 14:01   Link #56
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Lmao I thought the MC was the worst threat this world has ever faced but it looks like this world is more messed up when apocalypse level threats are happening one after another

Overpowered sages, psychotic sage candidates, literal gundams, run of the mill monsters and bandits, a nebulous and immortal otherworldly threat, a 150 level dungeon and now a zombie apocalypse, and of course a MC with instadeath abilities lol.
This particular Celestial Disc is really messed up due to reasons.
And whoever in charge is not making things better by pulling in a SCP that totally shouldn't be there.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 16:07   Link #57
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma IB View Post
I really think this show is trash. But here comes Lain the vampire voiced by Satou Rina.
Its the best kind of trash though...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 01:20   Link #58
Lex79

I'll never get tired from seeing Yogiri killing things and hearing Tomochika's retorts.
Old 2024-01-25, 12:00   Link #59
Frontier

I kind of feel bad for Euphemia getting dragged into another person's attempt to take Yogiri out while she's effectively brainwashed. Though I guess she got free in the end? I hope .

This isn't Miyu Tomita's first zombie outbreak but at least she's not one of the zombies this time. Of course they don't have to just worry about the zombies when Masayuki tries to turn the entire city against our main duo to catch them...which just gets more people killed. But hey, it was totally self-defense on Yogiri's part !

"I guess thoughtlessly killing others has its drawbacks" - that it took him up to this point to realize that !

Yogiri and Tomochika finally confront Masayuki who is super smug and confident with his Immortal Corps. army...only to then watch them casually get offed by Yogiri. Because even if they're undead, if Yogiri thinks they're alive, that's enough to kill them .

Masayuki should've quit while he was barely ahead. Nobody is safe from Yogiri, not even mid-transformation sequence !

Ryouta was a real one. Most of the Sages we've met have been psychos or scumbags, but dude just wants to run his city well and keep his people safe. Even if the person who put him in charge, Lain, is willing to risk it all just to test Yogiri. But that just made it more noticeable how Ryouta went as far as he could to back the duo up .

Those poor citizens forced to attack Yogiri and getting killed in the process .

So no surprise that Yogiri could kill the Darkness, but Lain's real plan was for him to kill it and then she'd sick her clones on him by having them throw themselves at the city aimlessly so he has no killing intent to read hoping they could kill him. And they're clones so she should be safe...should, being the operable word, because once Yogiri and co. come up with a plan he's able to kill a clone and that has such a wide area of effect it even finally kills Lain !

Except...Lain wanted to die? So she could save this younger (clone?) version of herself who would survive Yogiri's attack? But she has no memories so I guess she's her own thing? Seems like she's interested in Yogiri now though .

Yogiri and Tomochika now have wheels! And Yogiri won't drive because he's terrible at driving games, so I guess that leaves Tomochika, even without a license, as the designated driver. Good thing the Dannoura Family inexplicably have the ability to drive anything .

So we've got Ryoko, a Samurai Girl, and Carol an American Ninja...and they were both monitoring Yogiri? For the Japanese and American governments? And is "Alpha Omega" denoting some kind of release in Yogiri's powers that has been unlocked ?
Old 2024-01-25, 12:02   Link #60
scififan

As expected, the wizard vampire is killed. She still has the backup plan and backup copy. It doesn't seem convincing enough to be a threat. The sage is watching, and probably figures out what happened. Then, the first gate is opened. The obstacles are easy to overcome, and those obstacles are easier than the ones in Isekai smartphone. A lot of isekai level up ends up ascending to Godhood. This protagonist's power is already similar to a deity in the beginning. The blood thirsty enemies will never die trying to defeat him.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote