AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-14, 14:24   Link #321
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I didn't mean she is dead, but that she is going to die.
C.C. dying is a possibility, not a fact. Also, even if she dies, it doesn't necessarily mean her death will be tragic.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:24   Link #322
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Uh, no it didn't. The family was Celtic and such, but they didn't have a kingdom. Of course she would have to be for her to be related to Lelouch, now wouldn't she? Because that would be so grat for you.

Where in god's name are you getting that V.V. is her child. Where the hell are you getting any of this?! Even my ideas aren't this crazy!!

And Lelouch and Kallen have the same mother?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:26   Link #323
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Linking these pics from the Spoilers thread:

The planets obviously have something to do with geass since every time something with a contract / shock images happens we get so see them.

Then there is this pic, also from the spoilers thread:

It's probably C.C's "race" which would mean they are probably not human and they even have markings on their cheeks, unlike C.C
These girls may not be gods. It may be a flashback of her ancient celt days. She could have been a druid or some sort of pagan priestess.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:26   Link #324
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
She could have then given birth to V.V, who inherited the curse as well.

Also, C.C. doesn't look exactly like those girls in the visions during the geass contract. Her hair is of a different color and she appears much older.

Maybe she wished for power to save her king and in turn was damned. She would be able to give power to kings but in return she could not rest in peace. Maybe she did it order to look after her family. This would fit with a theme in the show. The whole thing with people putting enormous burdens on their back to protect family. . . like Lelouch and Kallen's mother.
Which would make V.V a half-what-they-are and half human, which could explain why he has no geass marking on his forehead.

C.C could indeed have asked for power from the gods, and was granted In the form of not being able to die and her power of showing "Shock" images as her primitive form of "geass" ?
Old 2008-05-14, 14:27   Link #325
Used Can

Quote:
He meant both of their mothers burdened themselves in order to protect their families. While this is true for Kallen's mother, we're yet to know what exactly happened with Marianne.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:27   Link #326
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, god don't fuel it.

Edit: Oh, right. Because Lelouch and Kallen are so similar which was another sign. Right. Forgot that. Never mind mechalord, your theories are obviously correct and I was just being stupid.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-14, 14:28   Link #327
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
These girls may not be gods. It may be a flashback of her ancient celt days. She could have been a druid or some sort of pagan priestess.
Ah haven't thought of that, since the celts did cover themselves in runes / marks
Old 2008-05-14, 14:29   Link #328
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Uh, no it didn't. The family was Celtic and such, but they didn't have a kingdom. Of course she would have to be for her to be related to Lelouch, now wouldn't she? Because that would be so grat for you.

Where in god's name are you getting that V.V. is her child. Where the hell are you getting any of this?! Even my ideas aren't this crazy!!

I meant Kallen's mother and Lelouch seperately. I edited my post. Lelouch put an enormous burden on his shoulders and took a lot of crap to keep his sister sheltered from experiencing some very screwed up things. Kallen's mom did the same thing for Kallen. She took the job of a maid in order to be with her daughter and she tolerated tons of abuse just so she could grow up a spoiled brat.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:29   Link #329
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes. YES!! It's all so clear and true now. This explains EVERYTHING!!

Old 2008-05-14, 15:00   Link #330
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Which would make V.V a half-what-they-are and half human, which could explain why he has no geass marking on his forehead.
How do we know he doesn't have it? CC does have it, but it only seems to appear when she actually "use" it - meaning that just like a Geass in the eye doesn't appear unless the wielder actually wants to úsae it, the same may be true for a Geass on the forehead...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 15:06   Link #331
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No, it's always there. He probably is her son or something.

The World of C could perhaps be a place that contains the souls of all those Geass people, her contracts, and maybe just random people. Maybe C.C. wants to release them or join them there in the end. Or something.

Old 2008-05-14, 17:55   Link #332
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Something I need to clear up with CC here.'

When CC got into an argument with Tamakia was it VV she was talking to about how, "because of your prank this happened?"

Then when VV captured Nunnally, did he tell CC? I'm not sure how CC would be able to sense such occurings unless he told her, "Yo I got Nunnally and she's at the island."

EDIT:Later on, CC tells him about their contract to kill god which VV finishes and Charles replies.

Since we know that these guys can communicate VIA telepathy, are CC and VV talking with each other?

I mean granted the team the Emperor dispatched was probably given orders to kill CC yet he himself along with VV should be very well aware of that. It'd be strange if they didn't know that CC is immortal and hence, cannot be killed.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-05-14 at 18:07. Reason: Altered to match Meatrose's reply
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 17:58   Link #333
Meatrose
Antihero

Yes they are, though we don't know how often really. The conversation you were referring to was in fact C.C. and V.V..

And in Turn 2 C.C. never said that she didn't know who gave the emperor his Geass, she simply said that it wasn't her.
Old 2008-05-14, 18:08   Link #334
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Well no it's just the way they were talking I guess since it was VV who finished the sentence with Charles adding on about their contract. Guess I thought too much into it.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:16   Link #335
Esper 28
Akira

Reading through this thread is like...well, it's comparable to banging one's head against the wall.

Some of the ideas being tossed around are absolutely asinine. Listen, if you're going to suggest something, give some logical conclusions as to why you think that. Don't just throw something out there because you thought it up in your mind and it sounded neat to you. Try to work with facts and build speculation around such facts. Please, it will make this thread so much more entertaining.

So, with that said, I'm going to respond to the people who are discussing the two images that were posted because that is fact based. We can speculate off of these images because they are glimpses of truth that the show has provided us with.

Anyhow, yeah, I think it's possible that C.C. is from some sort of alien race, maybe. I mean, it could be a Stargate situation (and I mean the movie, I don't watch the show), where the Egyptian gods as we know them were really just aliens or something. I'm sketchy on the story of the movie.

However, I can't help but think that perhaps it's not so much a race as a culture of some sort.

I liked the idea that these were the Celtic people, but I don't know. The jewelry, in my opinion, just doesn't seem fitting to the Celts. Honestly, it almost feels Egyptian. It is possible, though, that there was an advanced culture living near Britannia. Oh, actually, now that I think about it...couldn't it be possible that when, if I have my CG history right, Elizabeth III came over to the new world, that she encountered Native Americans? Perhaps the Geass has something to do with like, shaman magic. That's just an idea, but I don't really buy into it, I guess.

I still feel that C.C. has something to do with Morgan le Faye and, in turn, the Geass has something to do with her, too. Perhaps the picture depicts a culture of people who worshiped Morgan le Faye? I really do think that they're followers of some sort of cult, rather than aliens.

Going along with the thoughts that C.C. may be a religious figure for a cult of some sort, I'm inclined to believe that, perhaps, this image is more of a symbolic scene. Like, I mean, it looks like two planets, but perhaps it represents two entities. Also, the bottom "planet" somewhat resembles an eye, I think. Perhaps the upper orb is some sort of physical relic of C.C.'s cult and this image shows the transfer of power to the Geass user's eye?

Yes, I think I'm going to solidify my thoughts with that the image of the people depicts a cult dedicated to either C.C. herself or the Geass in general and the image of the two orbs are a representation of two entites, C.C.'s cult, represented by the relic-like upper orb, and the person being bestowed with the Geass, the lower orb which resembles an eye in some ways.

But what does that mean for C.C.? Well, it would suggest that, like we've been speculating, that C.C. has some sort of divine power. Possibly of god-like origins and, that at some point in time, people like her were revered. I would love for it to turn out that her people were slaughtered by a Code Geass version of a Holy Crusade or Inquisition or something.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 20:39   Link #336
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Regarding the telepathic thing, it seems they all communicate over an open channel which means it could be possible for anyone to hear another's conversation. C.C. may have overheard V.V. speaking about taking Nunnally by chance (or because he wanted them to come to the island) and just informed Lelouch of it. Marianne also could have found out and told her.

Regarding the whole slaughter idea, we did see her getting burned in front of that Geass church, though that might have been because she was a witch.

And with the two planets, given their appearence in the opening and in episode 2, I have come to believe they are something physical and real to a point.

I've also been aware of the usage of feathers often with these sequences and that makes me think that some aspects of C.C. original concept of being an angel may have been kept in.

Old 2008-05-14, 20:56   Link #337
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Regarding the telepathic thing, it seems they all communicate over an open channel which means it could be possible for anyone to hear another's conversation. C.C. may have overheard V.V. speaking about taking Nunnally by chance (or because he wanted them to come to the island) and just informed Lelouch of it. Marianne also could have found out and told her.

Regarding the whole slaughter idea, we did see her getting burned in front of that Geass church, though that might have been because she was a witch.

And with the two planets, given their appearence in the opening and in episode 2, I have come to believe they are something physical and real to a point.

I've also been aware of the usage of feathers often with these sequences and that makes me think that some aspects of C.C. original concept of being an angel may have been kept in.

Which means VV would hear what CC is discussing with Marianne.

If it's on an open channel then it's not something they should even be using since it's so easy to eavestrop
Old 2008-05-14, 21:16   Link #338
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Pretty much and it seems she didn't mind it before. I think she might possibly been aware that he was against her.

I have noticed that we haven't seen C.C. talk with anyone so far (that we have seen anyway). She could possibly be avoiding doing so or only at times when things would be safe.

Old 2008-05-14, 22:07   Link #339
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post

I liked the idea that these were the Celtic people, but I don't know. The jewelry, in my opinion, just doesn't seem fitting to the Celts. Honestly, it almost feels Egyptian. It is possible, though, that there was an advanced culture living near Britannia. Oh, actually, now that I think about it...couldn't it be possible that when, if I have my CG history right, Elizabeth III came over to the new world, that she encountered Native Americans? Perhaps the Geass has something to do with like, shaman magic. That's just an idea, but I don't really buy into it, I guess.

I still feel that C.C. has something to do with Morgan le Faye and, in turn, the Geass has something to do with her, too. Perhaps the picture depicts a culture of people who worshiped Morgan le Faye? I really do think that they're followers of some sort of cult, rather than aliens.
As to this, while I agree with you that the jewelry does not look like the western notion of Celts, it sort of jives with what seems to be the anime consensus on the topic. While its rather over the top even for an anime, this maybe meant to imply that those are all priests/druids/mages or something, and that we are seeing some big event. While rather speculative, it seems believable. That said, for some reason, that scene screams Atlantis to me. Perhaps its the weird combination of togas and pimp jewelry. Also, that seems to be a rather mixed looking crowd for an anime, which seems to be a supercivilization trait.

As to CC herself, I suspect we will find her to be descended from those people, rather than necessarily a member of them. She has sort of a tragic last of her people vibe, which juxtaposes with her ridiculous pizza obsession.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 22:12   Link #340
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Atlantis or Mu would be possible answers, but they are so overused that I almost wish it doesn't turn out that way. I think it could be either some mass prayer or ceremony we are seeing there.

I'd tend to agree with the idea of her being descended rather than directly being one of them, though either is still a possibility.

I wonder if we'll ever get a real explanation for her whole obsession with pizza. I don't think we've actually seen her eat any yet in R2.