AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 10.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-21, 14:18   Link #81
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmmm i was expecting more for Kaoru's end arc . Well , it was quite good .
Too bad that they were no future moment like Haruka's arc .
Old 2010-08-21, 19:03   Link #82
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^You know there is an avatar thread for posts like that.
There is? Where? Well these are specific taken from this episode.
Old 2010-08-21, 20:35   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Here is the Avatar/Signature request thread atleast that I found

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95998

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hmmm i was expecting more for Kaoru's end arc . Well , it was quite good .
Too bad that they were no future moment like Haruka's arc .
I was kinda wanting to expect that also, how their relationship turned out in the future just like they did with Haruka's arc.
Old 2010-08-21, 23:06   Link #84
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Kaoru's date with Junchi was more down to earth compared to Haruka bring Junchi to a hotel for a date on Christmas Eve. It was disappointing that there was no epilogue for Kaoru's arc nor we learn more about her mom dating another man... maybe they ran out of time, perhaps?

Compared to Haruka's arc, Kaoru's arc was more believable, therefore better. Bellybutton pwns puppy kissing...

Rating: 8.4/10
Old 2010-08-22, 03:29   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Hooves gave the link, and that's the one you should use. Doesn't matter if they're from this episode, people are going to be looking for avatars, and won't find them in the thread they're supposed to be in because you post them here instead.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:54   Link #86
msg

For comparison -

Spoiler for from game picspoiler:

Gone with the wind...

More game images can be found on image thread...
Old 2010-08-22, 13:50   Link #87
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Kaoru's date with Junchi was more down to earth compared to Haruka bring Junchi to a hotel for a date on Christmas Eve. It was disappointing that there was no epilogue for Kaoru's arc nor we learn more about her mom dating another man... maybe they ran out of time, perhaps?

Compared to Haruka's arc, Kaoru's arc was more believable, therefore better. Bellybutton pwns puppy kissing...

Rating: 8.4/10
Agreed, this arc was better. I find Kaoru more touching and cuter than Haruka because of her character (Haruka is great too but less touching. ) . This arc was more realistic and was handled better. And the kiss scene was perfect.
Old 2010-08-22, 13:59   Link #88
Belmondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
For comparison -
Yeah, I'd like to bring notice to my post earlier in this thread which gives a little more details on the ending.

Knowing that a lot of time was wasted on side characters, probably the direct cause of Kaoru's arc having a less than satisfactory conclusion, is a bitter pill to swallow since I don't really care for the others. Besides being shoved out of a proper wrapping-up, the arc is quite solid as a whole despite being too normal for some people. I think I posted a bit on her character discussion thread.

It's too bad really, she deserved better than she got. Her story appeals to me in a way the others don't.
Old 2010-08-22, 14:32   Link #89
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

They should have cut the scene where they sleep together and just add the scenes with the bike and the engagement dinner
Old 2010-08-22, 14:55   Link #90
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
For comparison -

Spoiler for from game picspoiler:

Gone with the wind...

More game images can be found on image thread...
It would have been nicer to show how the mother reacts to Junichi and how they go to college.
Old 2010-08-22, 16:32   Link #91
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmm ending didn't feel as good as should have been I thought Kaoru's first three episodes were better than Haruka, but Haruka's finale was better, which made Haruka's arc better of the two so far to me. Anyways I'd give this episode a 7.5, though hopefully DVD version with covering the missing ending part would make me rate it higher.
MAL
Old 2010-08-22, 18:13   Link #92
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
This arc was better than Haruka's but finale was worse - it felt rushed and really abrupt as in there was more to tell. As I said - I think each heroine should have gotten 5 eps (cutting one of the least popular heroines to make one episode space for the rest). And this one shows that one episode lack.
Old 2010-08-22, 19:51   Link #93
ueXia

They were just lazy to finish the important conclusion stuff, probably gonna make it up with the DVD/BDs
Some stuff definetely more important than everyone preparing the school festival ¬¬
Old 2010-08-22, 19:54   Link #94
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
This arc was better than Haruka's but finale was worse - it felt rushed and really abrupt as in there was more to tell. .
While I thought Haruka's arc was more enjoyable personally, I have to agree with your thoughts on the ending. It did feel rushed; the episode left me thinking "what, that's it?" A disappointing conclusion, it could have been so much more with just a little more effort, I think.
Old 2010-08-22, 23:27   Link #95
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
While I thought Haruka's arc was more enjoyable personally, I have to agree with your thoughts on the ending. It did feel rushed; the episode left me thinking "what, that's it?" A disappointing conclusion, it could have been so much more with just a little more effort, I think.
I think it can't be helped. Several people already mentioned earlier. The JPN television that broadcast the show censored the ending. At least, it's the explanation from the production team. If it's true, all the television station had to do is to display don't do it at home or don't do it on the street warning. They chose the censor route instead. So, we cannot just judge the result by the cut off scene.
Old 2010-08-23, 03:19   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
(cutting one of the least popular heroines to make one episode space for the rest)
No, just no. I'd rather the adaptation be fair to each heroine instead of cutting one out just because of something poor like popularity.

As we've already seen, four episode was enough for Haruka, and four was the same for Kaoru, it's just that the ending was edited out. It's probably about 2/3 more minutes extra, and we'll be seeing that on the BR/DVD release.

GundamZZ brings up a great point as well.
Old 2010-08-23, 05:57   Link #97
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No, just no. I'd rather the adaptation be fair to each heroine instead of cutting one out just because of something poor like popularity.

As we've already seen, four episode was enough for Haruka, and four was the same for Kaoru, it's just that the ending was edited out. It's probably about 2/3 more minutes extra, and we'll be seeing that on the BR/DVD release.

GundamZZ brings up a great point as well.
This something poor like popularity gives them bread you know. You cannot sneeze at it. And cutting one would not be that great of loss.

Its like - do we animate all heroines but make it half-assed with cuts, or do we cut one heroine and make the rest arcs much better. I prefer the second way. Its cruel but the best story arcs (most popular ones with the fans) get more focus instead.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:04   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And cutting one would not be that great of loss.
What's the point of adapting a dating sim game and not including one of the main heroines? Sorry i don't see any point in that at all, especially if it's just to increase a heroine's arc by a few episodes.

I'd think about agreeing with you if this seemed like an half-arsed job, though it really hasn't been one at all. Far from it.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:14   Link #99
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Cutting a heroine? I'd add Miya and make this a 40 episodes (5 for harem ending route ) series but that's just me.
Old 2010-08-23, 12:26   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
This something poor like popularity gives them bread you know. You cannot sneeze at it. And cutting one would not be that great of loss.

Its like - do we animate all heroines but make it half-assed with cuts, or do we cut one heroine and make the rest arcs much better. I prefer the second way. Its cruel but the best story arcs (most popular ones with the fans) get more focus instead.
I'm surprised you're saying that. I'd peg you for the person who'd have a problem if a girl was left out since it wouldn't a fair adaptation and what have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Cutting a heroine? I'd add Miya and make this a 40 episodes (5 for harem ending route ) series but that's just me.
Miya arc, ehhh. Harem...well, the only reason they are good is the same reason they can't put it on TV. Special OVA?