Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 04:36   Link #2021
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I heard of something called Skyrim Boost. It makes the game run better. Does the latest version of this Skyrim Boost cause more bugs? I don't know if I'd want it if there are more bugs. Are some people using it and they would recommend using Skyrim Boost?

How do you guys think my PC will run Skyrim with graphic enhancement mods?

Radeon HD 5750 1 GB
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (quad core, 3.2 GHz)
4 GB of 1600 RAM.
If its the "boost" that increases usable system RAM then you don't need it. The last patch fixed that problem (which wasn't a bug so much as a dumbass console porting failure to use more than 2GB). I find the latest version runs generally smoother (hardly any audio stuttering and runs a lot longer before getting flaky).

You should be able to load things like the enhanced night sky, water effects, improved landscape textures and run well. I've got most of that stuff running and I've got an obsolete video card (no one laugh, I upgraded the system for christmas but retained the old card til I have money for a new video card).
AMD Phenom IIx4 965 3.4GHz (black quad)
8GB of RAM
but... an Nvidia 9600 GT

I have to cut back a bit on the textures mostly because the modders are only testing on the newer cards and once in a while I "look" at something that causes the graphics to spray unless I turn off some features.

If you're hearing someone whine about "all the bugs" - you might wonder if they're running any mods (mods and combinations of mods can increase flakiness). There were some game mechanic changes but those aren't 'bugs', just changes in gaming design.

The only real "issue" I'm scratching my head over is sometime during me moving mods off and on, I turned one of the blacksmith's blouse invisible ... invisible in that she has head, hands, and skirt but the torso is invisible. Somewhere a mesh or texture got lost and I've been too lazy to figure out where.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:25   Link #2022
DuoRanger
Banned

at least i can say now that my RPG Party is almost complete(i still hope that someone at least make a better Follower mod until CK is released)
Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 14:28   Link #2023
killer3000ad

So a funny thing happened today in my 2nd playthrough. I was travelling to another cave to do quest when I had a random encounter with Thalmor agents who immediately attacked me. Guess they didn't like me killing their justicars all the time. Needlessly to say I was not prepared for the mage in the group who shot out lightning like a machinegun.

RELOADS.

Gets back to same spot of the encounter but instead of Thalmor I get spriggans. Meh. I wanted revenge.

RELOADS. Stormcloaks vs Imperials.

RELOADS. Bandits.

RELOADS. Forsworn

RELOADS. 2 spriggans fighting a troll.

RELOADS. COmpanions killing bears.

RELOADS. 2 apprentice necromancers.

RELOADS. Spriggan fighting a hargraven.

RELOADS. RELOADS RELOADS.

45 mins later... Finally I get the Thalmor again.

VICTORY!

I was obsessed like that.
Old 2012-01-12, 16:46   Link #2024
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
at least i can say now that my RPG Party is almost complete(i still hope that someone at least make a better Follower mod until CK is released)
Spoiler:

I'm about 60 hours into my first playthrough, and I still have so much to do. I never had more than one follower with me. I'd like to have two or three followers. I'm thinking Aela the Huntress, Mjoll the Lioness, and possibly Lydia, too. Do you need a mod for two followers? What about three followers? Need a mod? Can you even do three followers; mod or no mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If its the "boost" that increases usable system RAM then you don't need it. The last patch fixed that problem (which wasn't a bug so much as a dumbass console porting failure to use more than 2GB). I find the latest version runs generally smoother (hardly any audio stuttering and runs a lot longer before getting flaky).

Snip

The only real "issue" I'm scratching my head over is sometime during me moving mods off and on, I turned one of the blacksmith's blouse invisible ... invisible in that she has head, hands, and skirt but the torso is invisible. Somewhere a mesh or texture got lost and I've been too lazy to figure out where.
I'll have to look into it more, but around the time the 4 GB patch came out for Skyrim, sometime sooner than that an unofficial mod or patch was released that boosted performance significantly by improving some poor and questionable coding. However, the thread about it (it was from another forum) talked of some buginess due to this patch or mod. I believe it is Skyrim Boost. I want to look into it more. I want to see if 1) Skyrim Boost is the thing I saw in this certain thread, and 2) If the buginess has improved.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:55   Link #2025
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
I'm about 60 hours into my first playthrough, and I still have so much to do. I never had more than one follower with me. I'd like to have two or three followers. I'm thinking Aela the Huntress, Mjoll the Lioness, and possibly Lydia, too. Do you need a mod for two followers? What about three followers? Need a mod? Can you even do three followers; mod or no mod?
The only Existing Follower Mod Replaces only the Dog, until Bethesda stop with the valve time crap and release the CK so the guy can do the magic
Old 2012-01-14, 23:42   Link #2026
killer3000ad

Old 2012-01-15, 10:30   Link #2027
DuoRanger
Banned

Sithis gave to Astrid a Second chance, but in a new body
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-15, 16:35   Link #2028
Haladflire65
*Artist

I finally figured out how to take proper screenshots - my character (the second actually) is an Argonian, although I actually meant to do Khajiit.

Spoiler for edited:

I'm having really bad FPS issues though, can it be the number of mods I have installed? I stayed away from most texture mods, other than little ones like ones for specific armour, ice or animals... haven't used any post-processing either.

I also fiddled with the .ini to try and improve the shadows, but they just got worse >.>

I do think my game's performance has gotten worse progressively My PC is awful, below the minimum requirements but it's been running decently for a while. I'm such a n00b when it comes to gaming, sigh.
Old 2012-01-16, 13:50   Link #2029
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
God, this game. I'm level 31 and my last main quest was meeting with the Greybeards for the FIRST time. Haven't even been to half the cities yet. There's so much to do...

Btw, was anyone else lucky enough to have Skjor rise from the dead after finishing the Companions questline? Gives quests too, like everyone else from the circle.

Though it's a little creepy...
...well, not as creepy as dragons landing in front of you, just to lay down and die. Without any prior interaction whasoever. Or weaponry ascending towards the blue skies whenever I come near.

Skyrim is full of miraculous wonders indeed.
Old 2012-01-16, 14:20   Link #2030
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I have so many opened quests and that's just the side quests and the main ones are out of control too. I tried to focus doing the Thieves' Guild first but one of the requirements for one of the quests was all the across the map! Man, if I tried travelling from god knows where, I'll ended up getting distracted by exploring caves, beating bandits, out of nowhere dragon battles, and running away from angry giants
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:40   Link #2031
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Skyrim is just a big homage to the ancient comic "Family Circus" and Billy (GU Comics referenced this in one of their 'skyrim' comics). That's about what my skyrim journey looks like...
Old 2012-01-16, 14:56   Link #2032
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Looks more methodical than mine...

Still, if I had one complaint... for the next Elder Scrolls, can we have mounted combat? Having to dismount is annoying. So's the horse running off and/or getting killed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:56   Link #2033
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oh.... and I mentioned I *hate* the dog? One character got so pissed off at him for pushing her off a cliff she beat him til he attacked her. There's a mod that reduces the "I want to have my nose rammed up your ass and bark" ... but either its the worst "follower" routine I've ever seen or the programmer was completely in rage he was stuck with programming the dog.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:12   Link #2034
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oh.... and I mentioned I *hate* the dog? One character got so pissed off at him for pushing her off a cliff she beat him til he attacked her. There's a mod that reduces the "I want to have my nose rammed up your ass and bark" ... but either its the worst "follower" routine I've ever seen or the programmer was completely in rage he was stuck with programming the dog.
Until bethesda launch the Goddamn Creation Kit, we still have Dumb Dogs and Followers(minus my Younger Astrid)
Old 2012-01-16, 19:16   Link #2035
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for a bit rude with curses but funny, Arrow:
Old 2012-01-16, 23:29   Link #2036
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oh... here's the "Sky Boost" that was being asked about a page or two ago... no idea how well it works --- it seems to need an update every time there's patch.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6058
Old 2012-01-17, 13:00   Link #2037
DuoRanger
Banned

i hope that the new NPC editor comes with more compatibility with CBBE and other body, hair and facial mods, or Bethesda launch this goddamn Creation Kit

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-18, 01:53   Link #2038
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

How can you make NPCs wear clothes you find?
Old 2012-01-18, 05:03   Link #2039
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
How can you make NPCs wear clothes you find?
That's a major thing I hope a patch would fix. In older Elder Scroll games you can encourage people wearing certain outfits by enchanting them. But now, NPCs often reset their clothes back to default eventually, even after you force them to wear clothes via console.

I want to give every NPC Ebony Armour so they don't die to Dragons. But it seems that isn't possible in Skyrim without mods.
Old 2012-01-18, 08:46   Link #2040
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My axe-and-shield orc-ette has gone through two followers (friendly fire killing blows). It'd be nice if they'd *wear* their special armor she gives them. It'd also be nice if they'd get out of the damned way when they're hurt.

(yeah, yeah, I know I could get them back but I like to try and not subvert the reality they're in too much)

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim