AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-08-27, 15:55   Link #8061
NTFTH

...don't we already know how this fight ends from the untranslated chapters?
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 16:18   Link #8062
LostSome

Spoiler for Future chapters:
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 16:49   Link #8063
Gx Hero
Rambler

I do hope force has a lot more chapters, IF played right it could be most entertaining since the stage is set for something. Hades has the seed of origin and is intrested in THoma, The hulkibein are also after it. THe full truth of the reason Hades sent infected out to destroy villages to find superior infected. ANd the insane thing he wants that in the end is pointless.

THoma needs more scenes to get himself together a few confreontations.

What awaits RIot 6 in the coming future. Will Nanoha befreind the grendle family tackmachi style.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:25   Link #8064
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Spoiler for Future chapters:
Yep, that about sums it up.
Spoiler for raw 30:
Old 2013-08-27, 17:38   Link #8065
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

The last 2 chapters only confused me. So much chitchat...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 18:15   Link #8066
Gx Hero
Rambler

Really didn't see it probably will have to go read it agian because I am sure the action that kache craves will happen there as well.

Old 2013-08-27, 18:52   Link #8067
LostSome

The exchange between Curren and Hardis was so forthcoming, I can understand the confusion.

I loled at Veyron`s calling Thoma a little s***.
Being right about his abilities made it even better.
Old 2013-08-27, 19:56   Link #8068
Kurohane

*sigh* So far our hero doesn't look very heroic.
Old 2013-08-27, 21:00   Link #8069
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
*sigh* So far our hero doesn't look very heroic.
Well, he hasn't exactly got much of a chance to do so and the one time he did, he screwed up royally.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 01:00   Link #8070
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Well, he hasn't exactly got much of a chance to do so and the one time he did, he screwed up royally.
Is that a little harsh ?
He did saved Lily from the lab and fought Veyron well enough to impress him with just his Divider.
Until he got his knight form, he wasn't so bad.
I starting to think that black knight form is the problem.
Old 2013-08-28, 01:13   Link #8071
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Has somebody find TearJerking scenes in FORCE so far?

I mean sure there was the Lily remebers her purpouse and saves Tohma from his terminator mode but somehow i feel it hasn't the same impact as the brilliant and touching scenes from previous seasons. StrikerS was pretty devoid of those save for the few ones with Vivio (the scene after the climaz where she tries to stand up for herself just got me). A's had the entirety of Hayate and the Wolkenritter, the Yagami family is made of heartwarming and tearjerking moments and there's nothing more to say about Season One than ....FEEEIIITOOOOO TOT

So far i failed to see FORCE reaching nearly as much touching material which is a shame.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 07:18   Link #8072
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Tearkjerking no, but I've already seen a few POWER OVERLOAD BADASSESNESS from Nanoha, latest in the last chapters, where she used a huge blast to destroy that small boat...

Can't wait to see the later fights!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 07:40   Link #8073
Gx Hero
Rambler

I must agree with Akiyoshi. THe events that lead to such a scene are also missing and it is part of why we love this series so much. After all isn't this about Thoma and the eclipse incident just part of it, like with scaglati. Without tearrenching scenes power overload means nothing.

I suspect she could have done it with a divine buster, but it was faster with the cannon. Also it seemed rasing heart had somehting to do with with the boat breaking.

Here is a scene rasing heart in solo flight mode stays behind to take on the eclipse river while Nanoha gose to save someone. 'Badass' device epic battle scene. just a thought.

Then agian this is not the end of the series where such heart warming scenes are present as Akiyoshi described. IT better be though. THis series has a lot to live up to and it better deliver.

Old 2013-08-30, 05:09   Link #8074
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Force feels a little all over the place, but I can't exactly nail it down to what apart from limitations of a 2d, static spread without sound or color. To compensate for that, the combat is more gory, but it does feel cheap after the umpteenth fountain of blood, or battle-ending blow that doesn't feel as battle-ending as it should.

Oddly, I just don't get Force. And I cannot explain why.
Old 2013-08-30, 16:49   Link #8075
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

That's because Force doesn't feel like Nanoha. It's severely lacking in emotional moments that defined the Nanoha franchise - I doubt there's anything from here on that could top the Nanoha vs Fate moment or Hayate redeeming Reinforce, but it wouldn't hurt these bastards to at least try - and the heroines we've come to know and love so much are nothing more than two dimensional pro-'friendship' propaganda. I really hated that.

And therein lies the biggest problem with Force. Tell me: After 30 chapters did we actually see anything new at all about our favorite characters Nanoha, Fate or Hayate? I understand completely that the main focus is not on them, but we literally did not see them having any significant moments or storyline at all.

Let's take (this is just an example ffs don't start another stupid argument) Signum and Hayate for example. One was severely injured to the point of near fatality, whereas the other took a stab very close to the heart where a few off centimeters could've easily killed her. While we knew from the very beginning that neither of them are ever in danger of dying, the characters themselves did not, and yet they acted all bright and happy as if their precious, one and only family wasn't nearly torn apart, twice. What the hell?? Vita lost her marbles in StrikerS - well I don't actually remember why, since it was so long ago - and it would not have surprised me if she went into another one of her raging, moody moments and perhaps even tried to track down a Huckebein secretly. But nothing. There's just nothing. Two near fatalities in the Yagami family with one being the goddamn Hayate Yagami herself and they act as if it's just another day at dinner.

Perhaps these kind of close encounters were in fact very common for the special force - maybe even for Hayate, though I sincerely doubt this - but there aren't actually enough back story or materials to properly support their current reactions. To put it bluntly the entire cast of our favorite characters feel just bland, boring and plain. The SDS6 are facing a crisis where every single time they were being outplayed and basically made a complete fool by nearly everyone of their enemies, and yet we've never experienced any sense of urgency from the team at all. It's freaking unrealistic to say the least.

In conclusion, I just couldn't feel ANY EMOTIONS AT ALL reading Force, and unbelievably it felt more like an annoying chore than an enjoyable experience. Even Vivid handled this part better (like when Vivio and the others cried when they lost), and the overall experience was infinitely more entertaining. Force was a lousy manga at best, and at worst a terrible insult to the characters we've come to love so much.
Old 2013-08-30, 17:51   Link #8076
Gx Hero
Rambler

Your right about that, with the way things are set up they could use the oppertunity to show charecter development for THoma, signum,Subaru, Wendi, Tena and Agito at least.

I wonder if this is a problem in vivid

To say the least when there are such moments they are too breif. it makes you wonder if they could clean up some of the gore how it would look in anime or is it a recipe for disaster.

They should spend time with Thoma and the newbe's during training, Maybe have sceness where Tena, Fate and wendi are investigating going over the files, and their thoughts over it.

Before I continue my ramblings With the agreement that the charecters are too bland, emotional scenes and any there are, are to short seems to be the general problem. Sadly they probably could have made it more so. Maybe its because it truly is the first time the complete story is in Manga form.

They better let lose on Hades for all he is done. Heck there is a scene. THoma Takes out Hades and Signum or SUbaru ask THoma if it is worth killing him, mercy or revenge.

HEck maybe throw Lutecia in as a newbe and then we can have the interaction of the foward team newbies, after all Lutecia could offer advice about trust issues fom her time helping the doctor, and cause a few scenes of jelusy between lutecia and Lilly.

So what are some scenes people think should be included.

Last edited by Gx Hero; 2013-08-31 at 08:41. Reason: to keep from double posting
Old 2013-08-31, 12:49   Link #8077
LostSome

No chapter again this month...
Old 2013-08-31, 17:14   Link #8078
MegaGalvatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
No chapter again this month...
God dammit. This is pissing me off so much. And yet like usual they'll be a new chapter of Vivid and Innocent this month. I am starting to lose interest in this manga because of crap like this.
MegaGalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 18:18   Link #8079
Gx Hero
Rambler

They should have finished vivid then released force

Old 2013-08-31, 18:37   Link #8080
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Agreed, it would also be healthier for our minds. One season filled with new characters, magical martial arts and a good view into the past of Belka. ..and THEN the shocking cluster**ck of FORCE to heal us from all the sweetness.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force