AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-23, 22:24   Link #161
akagarwa1

actually, i found it on ebay for pretty cheap. i think it was 42 USD including shipping. i wonder why it's so cheap. o.O

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

anyone see anything wrong with it? o.O this is my first time using ebay.
Old 2008-01-24, 02:32   Link #162
Binh92

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagarwa1 View Post
actually, i found it on ebay for pretty cheap. i think it was 42 USD including shipping. i wonder why it's so cheap. o.O

Iam just a lurker, try the link on the bottom. Hope it helps...

http://blogs.ebay.com/antibootleganimefigure

good luck!
Old 2008-01-24, 04:03   Link #163
akagarwa1

hey thanks. i emailed the dude. um hopefully its not fake T_T

the seller has 97% user rating or w/e.....but reading the feedbakcs, there were one or two of the bad ratings that said they got counterfeit. this guy sold over 7000 items, hopefully im not the one of the few to get the fake figures T_T
Old 2008-01-24, 10:54   Link #164
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:

is it me or is the figure is leaning towards the right?

here is something I have came across before with a friend who buys a figure where its value is lower than the original value. He did not buy it online of course but he bought it off an anime convention. The figure was a limited edition product. When he bought it and open it at home and put it on the table, he found out that its...Tilted, meaning the figure doesn't stand properly.

This is something I advise, only buy something from someone who you believe is trust worthy, I'm not saying that don't buy from that person on ebay but keep this in mind that you might have a risk when buying it online. However, if you order/ buy it from an anime shop aka. Retail Stores than I believe it should be fine.
Old 2008-01-24, 18:37   Link #165
akagarwa1

sadly i think it is out of stock everywhere, and they aren't going to restock....i think....i'll look into that. thanks for helping

can anyone who has one help me check this out. the one on the ebay link, the thing clare stands on has the word "claymore" in color, which is different from the plain white ones ive seen anywhere else on the net o.O

Last edited by akagarwa1; 2008-01-24 at 20:21.
Old 2008-01-24, 20:37   Link #166
Mellow Yellow

I have Clare, and the one in your eBay link is most likely a fake, going by the pictures up on the auction. The real Clare has black painted "panel lines" on the metal clasp on her chest, a dark line is also painted between her closed lips and both her feet point forward of her body.

The eBay auction one has a more yellow looking hair color and red colored "Claymore" lettering, which the real one does not have. It also lacks the light pink lipstick and the line between the lips of the legit figure. eBay has one foot pointed in another direction, and in that boxed pic do I see detached legs? I'm pretty sure all the legit ones come fully assembled, hehe.

It's probably a fake, as is 99% of the low priced pvc figures from HK sellers on eBay. The Cammy I have in the pic on the previous page was a bootleg, but I only realized it after wondering why it was so cheap and then Googling more about bootlegs.

Last edited by Mellow Yellow; 2008-01-24 at 20:52.
Old 2008-01-24, 23:57   Link #167
akagarwa1

dammit.....does anyone have a trusted seller of this clare figure, i would really like to buy it T_T
Old 2008-01-26, 12:29   Link #168
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
dammit.....does anyone have a trusted seller of this clare figure, i would really like to buy it T_T
Hon Kong has a lot fake figures. Read the item description carefully, does it say it's from megahouse? does it say 100% original??

I got mine from local retailer, and I paid 80 CND.

As I see from the picture, the color is off than mine, and the writings on the base isnt colored on mine neither. If u read more carefully, it's assembled and painted, so it's probably a garage kit or something...

this is a picture of mine

hope this helps.

and since this is the first Claymore PVC I think your chance to find one is pretty low. I didn't get my pre-order until January because apparently they didnt make enough in Japan, the source had to wait for the factory to produce more
Old 2008-01-29, 05:21   Link #169
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Got a notice a couple weeks ago from the place I preordered from that they got shorted by 50% of what they ordered, so they had to cancel mine. Ended up poking around ebay for a while, finally ordered one today. Of course the ebay sellers have plenty available, running about twice the retail cost :/

Of note, I've seen a lot of listings lately that are half the cost of the 'original' series of listings (first run of listings were about $120, second tier are at about $70) that are shown with a black box with no manufacturer given, rather than the yellow box noted as being by Megahouse. I suspect the black box version is bootleg, though it might also be a lower-quality second-run printing. And then of course there are the ~$20 listings. Saw one sell for $2. Shipping/handling was $40 (compared to $20 for most other sales). Doesn't take much to guess the legitimacy of that one.

On the figure linked to above, the colored base is probably going to be the easiest to spot tipoff, but the painting as a whole (and especially the head/face) is really jarring to look at. It just screams "amateur" compared to the polished, professional look we've seen in the promo materials.

There's no way to be sure that what shows up on your doorstep is going to exactly match what you hope you bought, but I'd look first at all the highest-priced versions to be the guideline of what the original version should cost, and check out those ebay sellers' auctions first (eg: several seem to have a few Buy It Now listings, and then a few regular auction listings if you're willing to go through the bidding process) before trying to find the cheapest available.
Old 2008-02-01, 15:08   Link #170
Claymore_Obsessed

Finally my Clare has arrived!
I can't decide which arm should she equip, her own or Irene's? ^^;
Old 2008-02-05, 00:49   Link #171
akagarwa1

i got me an authentic one too, not from the dude from hong kong tho. on ebay i ve seen a few go for in the mid 70s.
Old 2008-02-05, 03:20   Link #172
speedy3020

Quote:
i got me an authentic one too, not from the dude from hong kong tho. on ebay i ve seen a few go for in the mid 70s.
Good to hear!

As a note to the original one you posted, it just doesn't look "right".
Something about the face/hair and detailing.
Not about to pull mine down to compare :/

The base can be overlooked as the seller may have touched up that area with paint to make it stand out. In any other case this wouldn't indicate that it was a fake.

BINGO!
http://forums.zero-type.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1502
Confirmed fake.

Last edited by speedy3020; 2008-02-05 at 03:26. Reason: Confirmed ebay item posted is a fake.
Old 2008-02-06, 06:01   Link #173
jin07

Here's hoping they make more characters. Miria anyone? Though I don't know which outfit I'd want her in. Probably her new one since I like her hair more after the skip and the new outfits are nice.
Old 2008-02-06, 11:36   Link #174
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin07 View Post
Here's hoping they make more characters. Miria anyone? Though I don't know which outfit I'd want her in. Probably her new one since I like her hair more after the skip and the new outfits are nice.
I was thinking of the major characters, ones before the arc where they have the new outfits.

Such as: Theresa, Priscilla in Yoma transformation.
Old 2008-02-07, 07:27   Link #175
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I was thinking of the major characters, ones before the arc where they have the new outfits.

Such as: Theresa, Priscilla in Yoma transformation.
Theresa would be immensly popular if it were to be released. I couldn't imagine MegaHouse not considering her as the next character (if more were to be made).
Old 2008-02-09, 14:35   Link #176
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

maybe they will announce more PVCs in the next big anime expo in Japan, I am hoping for Theresa...
Old 2008-02-15, 18:45   Link #177
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

New Claymore 1/8 PVC figure coming out in June for 5800 Yen by Toy'sworks

http://www.toys-works.com/

picture is on the first page. Personally I prefer the megahouse one, this one just seem kinda off for me.
Old 2008-02-15, 19:14   Link #178
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Oh, that one is no Clare!
Yes, the old one is better looking + Clare never poses like that!

But one thing I like about it is the face-distorted Clare who's releasing yoki. That's some nice details.
Old 2008-02-15, 20:47   Link #179
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
New Claymore 1/8 PVC figure coming out in June for 5800 Yen by Toy'sworks

http://www.toys-works.com/

picture is on the first page. Personally I prefer the megahouse one, this one just seem kinda off for me.
Not only to you
Old 2008-02-15, 21:28   Link #180
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Hmm, I don't particularly like the default face and really don't like that costume at all. The extra face is a nice touch but she looks a bit too happy instead of angry/fierce.
Closed Thread