AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 35.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 19.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-16, 00:48   Link #101
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's because it's a series about a band with no music, lol.
EXACTLY!

There are other currently running animes that have had more insert songs than they have in TWO FRIGGIN SEASONS!
Old 2010-05-16, 09:53   Link #102
velderia
Former NEET.

This could be my insomnia speaking... But is Yui going to have Geetah babies someday?

Half-Geetah, half-human? o_o

Okay I need sleep now.
Old 2010-05-16, 21:04   Link #103
444yum
A person

Quote:
Originally Posted by velderia View Post
This could be my insomnia speaking... But is Yui going to have Geetah babies someday?

Half-Geetah, half-human? o_o

Okay I need sleep now.
They'll probably look like guitars with limbs and such
Old 2010-05-17, 14:07   Link #104
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfriend400 View Post
They'll probably look like guitars with limbs and such
Thank Haruhi we can't breed with inanimate objects...
Old 2010-05-17, 18:47   Link #105
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol don't give Haruhi ideas or we will have half-Gitah half-interface (Yuki stole Gitah)
Old 2010-05-17, 20:30   Link #106
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
K-On!'s starting to feel bland to me now. It seems like it's just one crack joke after another. There's no coherency, really. I know the same is of Haruhi almost, and yet I really like Haruhi, so I'm kinda confused right now. :S
You can't be seriouse?
You want to say that Haruhi with lame sence of humor and spoiled main character is better?
No offence but I found probably one or two funny moments in whole season one, the rest I've spent trying not to fall asleep... Sorry, but K-ON stomps Haruhi in all possible ways. At least characters are not plain and are actually interesting and have their own thoughts and personality.

I never really took K-ON as music anime, more like anime about slackers. Actually that's the plus of K-ON, it isn't about another hard working and determined group of people but more about real life teenagers. There are bunch of people who want to get somewhere but are too lazy to do it properly. At some point they remind me of myself.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-18 at 06:16. Reason: off topic part removed
Old 2010-05-18, 00:24   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu
K-On!'s starting to feel bland to me now. It seems like it's just one crack joke after another. There's no coherency, really. I know the same is of Haruhi almost, and yet I really like Haruhi, so I'm kinda confused right now. :S
I can't think of two series I'd be less likely to compare than Haruhi and K-On! You almost might as well compare Naruto with Honey&Clover ... or Death Note with Binchotan. ... Or maybe Dante's Inferno with The Joy of Cooking....

One is based on a light novel series, the other a daily 4 panel comic. One is a science fiction story with romance, drama, violence... the other a slice of life comedy about some girls who make up an amateur band. I'm not surprised that might be confusing.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-18 at 06:16. Reason: off topic part removed
Old 2010-05-18, 06:12   Link #108
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Can we please stop bringing up Haruhi (meant as the series) in here? I just don't see how "K-ON!! S2 ep.6 discussion thread" can be the place of discussions such as "what's the point of Haruhi" or "why Haruhi fans have growingly been enraged over the last year".
Previous posts have been either edited or deleted, I've left a couple comparisons but that's it. Further off-topics will also be deleted.
Old 2010-05-18, 08:22   Link #109
yura`

I'm a sucker for rainy day episodes, so this one immediately got a big thumbs up from me. Haha. Even though there weren't as many LOL moments as in previous episodes, I still enjoyed the pace and at the end of it, I thought, "This is truly slice-of-life - and this episode has encapsulated that essence."

I think someone mention previously in this thread that this season seems to be better than the last - and I have to agree, actually, and I rewatched season 1 prior to the start of season 2 to prepare myself, so I can feel a subtle difference. I can't pinpoint exactly why though; probably a marathon rewatch after this season ends will somehow bring about a fresher perspective. It's a bit hard to analyze when I'm watching it week by week.
Old 2010-05-18, 09:41   Link #110
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
I'm a sucker for rainy day episodes, so this one immediately got a big thumbs up from me. Haha. Even though there weren't as many LOL moments as in previous episodes, I still enjoyed the pace and at the end of it, I thought, "This is truly slice-of-life - and this episode has encapsulated that essence."

I think someone mention previously in this thread that this season seems to be better than the last - and I have to agree, actually, and I rewatched season 1 prior to the start of season 2 to prepare myself, so I can feel a subtle difference. I can't pinpoint exactly why though; probably a marathon rewatch after this season ends will somehow bring about a fresher perspective. It's a bit hard to analyze when I'm watching it week by week.
I think it's exactly like you say - K-ON is becoming more of what a slice-of-life show should be like, and that's probably why you, and many people, are liking S2 more. One common outcry is that S1 focused too much on displaying the girls as moe; while S2 certainly still contains these moe elements, they have been dwindled down quite a fair bit for what I can see, thus giving them more room to display that SOL aspect. This is not to say that moe is entirely bad, but personally I feel that K-ON is at its best when it can achieve the perfect balance between the two.
Old 2010-05-18, 10:15   Link #111
kitten320

S2 looks more realistic, they are not trapped in one place.

It is almost like comparing Sims 2 and Sims 3. In Sims 2 they were locked only in one area while in Sims 3 they are given more freedom and can walk around the town and visit neighbours.

K-ON had made same progress. We actually keep seeing them interecting with other people and walk around instead of always being locked in school and club room.
Old 2010-05-18, 13:11   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
S2 looks more realistic, they are not trapped in one place.

It is almost like comparing Sims 2 and Sims 3. In Sims 2 they were locked only in one area while in Sims 3 they are given more freedom and can walk around the town and visit neighbours.

K-ON had made same progress. We actually keep seeing them interecting with other people and walk around instead of always being locked in school and club room.
Yah, you're talking about the "story bubble" effect of a lot of anime -- some series go even so far as to leave all the secondary characters as just icons or blobs to jab at that weakness a bit (some of Shinbo/SHAFT work really skewers the story bubble problem using that technique). This season, K-On!! has broken out of that rut fairly well in comparison.

And yeah... the difference in S2 versus S1 is so striking I'm almost thinking I should show someone an S2 episode to lure them in rather than an S1 (not that I don't like S1 but it clearly bent the moe-meter rather than the comedy-meter). So it'd be like "here's an ep or two from S2". Like it? OK, NOW lets start with the beginning" ... rather like I do with the Nanoha series (where the first 4 or 5 episodes of season 1 tend to drive most away).
Old 2010-05-19, 04:33   Link #113
kitten320

I mostly prefer action stories but I also like light comedy like this who doesn't make you think too much, so I got interested in K-ON immediately

But yeh, showing 2nd episode from S2 would be a good idea
Old 2010-05-19, 09:05   Link #114
stubby42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
A bit off-topic, but basically teens are simply held to much higher level of personal responsibility in parts of Japan - though more often when a student is accepted to a high school too far from home, they'll rent space from a relative or family friend. Parents often have to travel for their work and rely on a network of "check in on them" neighbors. But basically, the teen should rise up to it since they're basically adults anyway. In Kotomi's case, she already had the trauma of losing parents... being jerked out of her school would be completely destabilizing in a collectivist society - transfer students do not usually fare well when trying to join "new herds".

Frankly, this was the case in the UK and the USA even when I was a kid, but its like some kind of "stupid idea" switch went off in the mid-80s to coddle and retard kids and delay the onset of personal responsibility longer and longer.

That all said, from an anime viewpoint - although Lucky*Star and others have shown parents are not a derail for a series, many writers simply take what I'll call the "Peanuts" route -- parents are in some other dimension and you only hear their little trumpet noises on occasion when they actually intrude on the world-bubble of the characters.
Whilst I can kind of believe that would happen with the K-on situation (my parents start leaving me and my sister alone when I was 13 or so) I'm not convinced about Kotomi, she must of had other relatives they could of moved her in with.

From a narrative stand point the parents really arent all that important, its focused on the bands lives and their vaguely band related activities, I guess my problem with Yui and Ui's case was that they pointed out the absent parents.
Old 2010-05-22, 03:02   Link #115
Francismeunier
Banned

GIFs

Well just though to say that I got GIFs done of this episode finally! Avatars too that might be interesting for some people here=> http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...de-6-gifs.html to add I think the best moments were definitely the Sawako/Yui molestation or so Yui though so=> http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/e04b48f7.gif and of course of Sawako evil eye=> http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/d9872569.gif
Old 2010-05-22, 03:09   Link #116
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Well just though to say ...
Since K-On! gets enough traffic to have its own subforum, there's an existing thread for publishing avatars and signature images next door:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=80416&page=47
There's also one for general images and fan art:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...80419&page=130
Old 2010-05-22, 05:00   Link #117
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Since K-On! gets enough traffic to have its own subforum, there's an existing thread for publishing avatars and signature images next door:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=80416&page=47
There's also one for general images and fan art:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...80419&page=130
Yeah I know but I though I would talk about specific parts of this episode.....and going back to subject I find Azusa being at her best in this episode with her shy expressions. Did you not think so?
Old 2010-05-22, 12:35   Link #118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yeah I know but I though I would talk about specific parts of this episode.....and going back to subject I find Azusa being at her best in this episode with her shy expressions. Did you not think so?
I'm still adjusting to the notion that Azunyan and my wife share the same height and weight (though Azunyan has a little catching up to do in the 3sizes arena).

I actually prefer her exasperation, rants, and "O.O" and "O.o" at the other group members
Old 2010-05-22, 15:57   Link #119
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'm still adjusting to the notion that Azunyan and my wife share the same height and weight (though Azunyan has a little catching up to do in the 3sizes arena).

I actually prefer her exasperation, rants, and "O.O" and "O.o" at the other group members
Azunyan is a loli, though she's seriously underdeveloped at 17-18. I mean, she's completely flat and.....*gets hit across the face with a Mustang*

Nonetheless, her cuteness is ridiculous, and despite her loli underaged looks, she has a much more dirty mind as compared to her "elder sister".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-22, 19:08   Link #120
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Azunyan is a loli, though she's seriously underdeveloped at 17-18. I mean, she's completely flat and.....*gets hit across the face with a Mustang*

Nonetheless, her cuteness is ridiculous, and despite her loli underaged looks, she has a much more dirty mind as compared to her "elder sister".
Say what? She's not around the age of 17-18..... It's more the 14-15. I mean she is 2nd year junior and almost going to high school 1st year.
Quote:

Really? You must be one lucky person to have a wife that looks similar to Azusa....I have yet to find one girl that is similar to Sawako...
Closed Thread