AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-04, 04:30   Link #921
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Give it a rest people. Seriously, 20 pages of debates about JC being capable or not.

Keep calm and have faith

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-04, 04:57   Link #922
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then that still isn't much of a defence. It means instead of a studio that has a reputation of making bad adaptations, you have a production team that doesn't have any reputation at all.

Some Blind Faith is certainly required here.
From Key's twitter account

Quote:
"Anyway, we're working as hard as we can. The writer Shimada was in charge of 'Romeo's Blue Skies', which was a masterpiece, y'know? If you haven't seen it before I recommend you give it a watch."
You're free to disagree with key staff members (I havn't seen it so I don't know) or that something made 17 years ago isn't relevant today.But still it seems people at key respect the writer and didn't blindly agree to work with her.
Old 2012-05-04, 05:54   Link #923
Serphirs

Trying to be positive, I've been analyzing some J.C staff works these days. Particularly in those where Iizuka Haruko has been involved, both as a Chief Director, as a Ch. Designer.
If we considered that, most of the criticisms towards J.C staff are commonly generalized at the poor consistency and lack of good visuals concepts (fact on which I agree, for the most); I found me very surprised when I saw Okami-san.
That show could be (at least at the paper, cause is J.C work/Iizuka work) the closest comparation right now against what they deliver us on the PV. And a good clue to how it could end up looking LB! in the future.

In parentheses, must confess I never saw Okami-san in the past.
Also must admit that I never expected such quality in a show departed from J.C staff. Honestly must be one the best, if not the best; animated shows I've seen by far from that studio, not only from the nice-looking and soft designs but the incredible consistent from start to end, that, to be fair, I think is really WEIRD in J.C average works. Not even SnS, To Aru and Toradora I dare say, had that consistency.
If somebody has not seen it, I recomend it!

Its curious. Especificaly with Ep.3 (Here), some Key moments came to mind. At the beginning (that OST), and also at the end. xD
But anyway... could be, subjetive.

My worries are more about directing and screenplay topics, but; I think its fine if LB! end ups being similar in visual aspects to that show. If we consider that LB! SHOULD have a much better traitment, we must be safe.

Now I looking Hatsukoi and Baby Please Kill me, to set a better opinion over Director role.
I don't know, with time I started to be more hopeful.

pd: Sorry if some part is weird (redaction), my english is not very good. I'm spanish xD

Last edited by Serphirs; 2012-05-04 at 06:07.
Old 2012-05-04, 20:25   Link #924
matrixhazard

Well, I agree with someone who are being positive, why won't we let some new information come out and then continue judging whether this anime gonna be good or not.

At this time, overall we know is that J.C. is gonna animate it. I know how J.C. has poor reputation toward their previous works. People in my country also felt the same when they knew this (All of us seem to get a big facepalm on our face). I won't count the first PV since it's external work rather than J.C.. In addition, I believe that Key have considered this much to let J.C. animate LB. Just give them a chance to do this.

For me, since they try to make sure us a lot that original story will be used, at least hope that they won't mess up with the core story of Refrain. If they gonna cut something from the game, then I don't mind but hope that only unnecessary plot line would be out.

Just be patient. Let's wait for something new come out, guys
Old 2012-05-04, 20:50   Link #925
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
From Key's twitter account

You're free to disagree with key staff members (I havn't seen it so I don't know) or that something made 17 years ago isn't relevant today.But still it seems people at key respect the writer and didn't blindly agree to work with her.
It's been nearly 13 years since I had last watched that show. It was while I was living in Dubai, and it was the Arabic dub, but all I could remember is how much I loved it now. It could just be the nostalgia talking, but if they had got the head writer for RBS here, then my faith in this show just took another rise.

I honestly don't see anything to worry about here. The Director and Writer are both veterans, and th works that they keep getting associated with on for getting work on this anime (Hatsukoi Limited and now Romeo Blue Sky) are things that I really loved. The budget is going to be good, and Key is giving it a lot of attention. I honestly am looking forward to it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
My worries are more about directing and screenplay topics, but; I think its fine if LB! end ups being similar in visual aspects to that show. If we consider that LB! SHOULD have a much better traitment, we must be safe.
If this show is something akin to a mixture between Hatsukoi Limited and now Romeo Blue Sky, then there is really nothing to worry about
on that side
Old 2012-05-07, 04:50   Link #926
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kaoishin, more than anyone I love a sports analogy and that was a corker but it doesn't really apply since KyoAni were the ones to turn KEY down... it was more Lebron James (not exactly) than your example tbh lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then that still isn't much of a defence. It means instead of a studio that has a reputation of making bad adaptations, you have a production team that doesn't have any reputation at all.

Some Blind Faith is certainly required here.
Why don't you look over the last two shows Haruko Iizuka was the chief animation director for so you can realize how silly this statement is. Both are clear hits by anime standards and the slightly older show has outstanding animation. Just silly, especially if she the budget available to hire talented freelancers.. which is more important than the actual studio most of the time... FFS look @ Mushishi (animated in 2s no less!) and than look @ the rest of the TV anime Artland have produced in the last decade. What was the difference? Having the budget to hire talented freelance animators... and hey isn't this a Warner+J.C Staff combo deal....

Also the writer has adapted for World Masterpiece Theater, but obviously some KEY melodrama > classic literature. Also has experience adapting visual novels before and considering no one has come in here saying how crap a job she did it must've been alright. I'll admit that seeing studios like J.C Staff and DEEN get ahold of properties I love is not exactly the thing I want to see.. but you can tell if some adaptions are half assed or if they go the extra mile for some.... look @ the staff, look @ how this is not just a J.C Staff thing but Warner as well (hint, budget!), notice that KEY have knocked back some offers since they wouldn't have as much control (hint, they have a lot of input for this), notice that the VN seiyuus have been kept and that the VN music is confirmed (maybe not, but it will be used), notice that the staff are talented if you actually look up what they've done (I'm sure you would prefer some no name from KyoAni though). C'mon, this isn't no Umineko or Lunar Princess.
Old 2012-05-11, 17:13   Link #927
FireChick

Seriously, people. Are you really THAT quick to hate something or someone just because it's not the way you want it to be? Do you really have NO faith in this?! Come on! You're all better than this! Get over it! Whining about it is never going to convince KyoAni to take over production. It's been decided.

Besides, J.C. Staff isn't the best company in the world, yes, and while they do have their fair share of terrible anime, they do have really great anime as well, examples being Aoi Hana, Daa! Daa! Daa!, Nabari no Ou, Kare Kano, Honey and Clover, R.O.D TV series, Slayers (YES! THEY MADE SLAYERS!!!), Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy, Zakuro, and Kamisama no Memochou. Yeah, some of those anime bombed in the DVD sales, but they're still great anime. You guys are totally forgetting that J.C. Staff is just another company, nothing more and nothing less. They're no different from others. Besides, who says anime helmed by newbies are always going to be bad? Have you even thought to consider that maybe they've learned from their mistakes and that they're willing to do whatever it takes to make the Little Busters anime great after some failure? It's like learning how to walk. We fall down at first, but we keep going and going until we get it just right, and after that we can do it just like everyone else. I mean, Masaaki Yuasa, the guy who made Kemonozume, Cat Soup, and Kaiba had his share of mistakes, and he proved that he's learned from his mistakes in the form of Kaiba which, from what I'm hearing, is totally awesome.

So really: give them a chance. Stop whining. Stop hating before the show even airs. You don't know that it's going to fail, so just watch and see for yourself. Get over it. Besides, you can't have everything in life, so take what you have and deal with it! People constantly pestered KyoAni for a season 2 of Haruhi, and they got it, but then they whined about it! You can't have everything! Be happy with what you've got and deal with it! Besides, you can't expect KyoAni to do EVERY Key game in the world, now can you?

Quote:
Also the writer has adapted for World Masterpiece Theater, but obviously some KEY melodrama > classic literature
You have GOT to be kidding me. It's the other way around.
Old 2012-05-11, 18:39   Link #928
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
You have GOT to be kidding me. It's the other way around.
Your sarcasm detection meter is broken.

And incidentally, I'm not too sure it was worth bumping the thread just to give people a hard time over their concerns... In any case, all we can do at this point is just wait anyway.
Old 2012-05-11, 18:47   Link #929
tsunade666

There are lots of people worrying already and it's only an announcement. I wonder what will happen when the first episode was aired. Even though the 3 episode rule was given. I can imagine a bombardment already just for 1 episode. OR maybe just a PREVIEW.
Old 2012-05-11, 18:49   Link #930
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

This is an early PV and people are going ballistic, I agree with tsunade-san here.

Once we start getting closer to the release, people will rage senselessly

Niker

PS: I think everyone here will indeed watch the show

Old 2012-05-12, 08:12   Link #931
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There are lots of people worrying already and it's only an announcement. I wonder what will happen when the first episode was aired. Even though the 3 episode rule was given. I can imagine a bombardment already just for 1 episode. OR maybe just a PREVIEW.
Yep. The first test would be the official trailer. Remember, we literally have nothing concrete to judge the show on. Not a single piece of art or animation. The first trailer with actual footage would be analysed with a fine tooth comb.
Old 2012-05-12, 23:08   Link #932
Kamiorika

I'm going to laugh when this turns out amazing.
Old 2012-05-13, 01:42   Link #933
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiorika View Post

I doubt that...you will be too busy being amazed.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:09   Link #934
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiorika View Post
Hey now, there is such a thing as being too positive too... Even if this series was being done by KyoAni with the exact same staff as the other Key-adaptations, it still wouldn't be guaranteed to be the greatest thing evarrr.

Although yes, speaking as someone who is still relatively excited about this series, I too will probably laugh if it turns out to be amazing.
Old 2012-05-13, 20:01   Link #935
Eater of All
NOM

You should laugh if the adaptation is amazing, and not just because of the J.C. Staff thing. I can't wait to see some of the Little Busters gang's hijinks animated.
Old 2012-05-13, 20:59   Link #936
matrixhazard

At this time, rather than whether J.C. is going to make this good or not. I really want to know some updated news

Seriously, 1 month after adaption announced and I don't know anything new. At least in this time I really want to see the real PV and the CV of Riki & Sasami. Hope some additional information will be out soon
Old 2012-05-13, 23:18   Link #937
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I bet they want people to buy the visual arts dengeki magazine so i bet a dump load of news will be there
Old 2012-05-14, 02:21   Link #938
Serphirs

Well, bad news.
Dengeki already released the magazine for this month and hadn't any news there. In fact, LB! is even mentioned. That probably could indicate that, we've to expect other long month to "probably" know something else.

pd: Sry if my english is weird, I'm spanish :3
Old 2012-05-14, 21:25   Link #939
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Well, bad news.
Dengeki already released the magazine for this month and hadn't any news there. In fact, LB! is even mentioned. That probably could indicate that, we've to expect other long month to "probably" know something else.
Well, it probably won't be until the next Dengeki Visual Art's magazine, which will probably be in the July timeframe. In the meantime, I wouldn't expect too much use from the various other Dengeki magazines, like Dengeki G's, etc.
Old 2012-05-15, 07:19   Link #940
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Didn't Dengeki G's have several Angel Beats! Announcements when the anime was due?

Niker

Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters