Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-22, 16:42   Link #1
SpaceCowboy

Send a message via MSN to SpaceCowboy
Cool Unlicensed series in style of FMP

Does anyone know of any good UNLICENCED series in the style of Full Metal Panic! (either series)?

That's Action, Comedy, Romance, Mecha?

A good crazed comedy like Excel Saga or Puni Puni would be good too!

Arigatoo mina-san!
Old 2004-04-22, 17:27   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Bobobo~bo Bo~bobo (did I get that right?): A tall man with an afro and a fierce mustash fights to protect the world from baldness? Defeating the Margarita Empire and saving the world from baldness are the only things on his mind... but other things tend to pop in there from time to time.

Completely random, crazy and is as funny as it sounds.

Wandaba Style (licensed): Follow the adventures of the first girl group, MIX JUICE, to attempt a concert on the moon! Of course... They have to get there first. But with the support of their insane afro clad manager Michael Hanagata, the excentric child genious Tsukumo Susumu and his experimental satilite Kiku #8 there's no way they can fail... right?

Did I mention that they intend to accomplish this goal with out the use of fossil fuels?

Dr. Slump: I'd imagine this one goes without explaination.

BPS - Battle Programmer SHIRASE: Follow the life of a genious hacker who works for rare PC parts... It's amazing what a bored hacker can do with a keyboard, some time and a little bit of lust for his neice? Yeah decide for yourself.
Old 2004-04-23, 01:30   Link #3
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Some crazed comedy, try it at your own risk: ^_~

- Ebichu
- Ippatu Kikimusume
- Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
- Papuwa
- Sakigake!! Cromartie High
Old 2004-04-23, 02:03   Link #4
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
Does anyone know of any good UNLICENCED series in the style of Full Metal Panic! (either series)?

That's Action, Comedy, Romance, Mecha?

Arigatoo mina-san!
Prepare to be a tad disappointed: I can't think of a single show that is like FMP. However, there are some suggestions that might work for you....

Tenshi na Konamaiki fits three of the four categories -- no mecha -- but it's a great series and one that I'm not sure enough people know about. Midori no Hibi is like that as well to some extent and could also be mixed in with the 'crazed comedy' sub-genre. And of course there's Naruto and One Piece, thrown in simply for good measure.
Old 2004-04-23, 08:48   Link #5
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Unlicensed might be a little tough.. I haven't been keeping up with the latest..

You may want to try Rahxephon.. it has all except comedy..

If you liked the slapstick comedy aspect of FMP, you may want to try Azumanga Daioh which besides that is altogether different.
Old 2004-04-23, 15:24   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
Too bad you didn't post this a few weeks ago. Dokkaida would fit that perfectly. It was just licensed so now it'll be a while before you can see it. Well there's still Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu, which was mentioned before.
Old 2004-04-23, 19:55   Link #7
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

From your post, it doesn't look like you have seen Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu? yet. If you haven't seen it [it's the second season to FMP], I suggest you watch it.
I must admit, FMP [S1] was one of the most original animes I have seen. I don't think I know of another one which covers so many genres...
Old 2004-04-24, 16:55   Link #8
senti_MENTAL

There's only a few which I'd consider worth watching on Animesuki:

Bobobobo Boubobo:
This is as crazy as you can get. Wait, this is crazyness taken to the next level. I kind of liked it, but it was so crazy I couldn't watch it for too long..

Sakigake!! Cromartie High:
Rivals the above in the crazy factor, and comes in short doses. About a school for deliquents, among them is a robot student who doesn't know he is one, a gorilla, and Freddy Mercury. Need I say more?

Sexy Commando! Gaiden:
This was also pretty fun, but some of the humour flew over my head. Short episodes.

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu:
Best. Comedy. Ever. Just watch this one ASAP. I assure you it will make you crack open, from the OP to the ED. The main character is perhaps one of the funniest characters in an anime ever, and with a great seiyuu to boot.

Ebichu:
Over the top sexual humour. Once you watch a few episodes of this, you'll wonder how far it can go.
Closed Thread