AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-08, 21:39   Link #121
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Because not enough people care about Worm-chan, apparently. Sorry, but she's just not as popular as her sister or Saber-chan.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:02   Link #122
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

HF isn't about Sakura, any more than UBW is about Rin. It's about the war, and the truth behind it.

It's more that HF is not the sort of story that sells well... and, for that matter, it's too dependent on the other two routes.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-08-09 at 03:51.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 03:50   Link #123
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, I think HF is as much about Sakura as Fate about Saber.
And it's story itself would be rather interesting, but not because of the action scenes. HF needs lenght to show it's contents while UBW is mostly understandable through the action scenes and few dialouges.
And what's with that worm-chan, Flinch? I think you called thousands of her fans your enemies.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 03:51   Link #124
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...Sakura has fans?
Old 2009-08-09, 04:07   Link #125
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Naturally...you know there's a VN out there and it has Saber, Rin and Sakura as main heroines. It's only natural for her to have fans. Not to mention she's included most of the non-VN FSN games too(either as "normal" or "dark" version). And in the "sequel" of the VN, Hollow Ataraxia she keeps that role too.
It's one thing that neither Fate or UBW mentions her much after the first few days. And perhaps the animes/mangas about those two stories don't have much mentions of her either. We can call it the surprise factor of her story to discover everything about her later, but it really don't help her popularity. But perhaps HF isn't only about her as Fate isn't only about Saber.
EDIT: I forgot to mention Fate/Zero Light Novel. She has a somewhat important role in it.
Old 2009-08-09, 04:27   Link #126
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Sakura has no fans in the West and least of all on this forum. Maybe she's big back home in Japan, but most people I talk to online hate her guts.
Old 2009-08-09, 05:39   Link #127
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
-Shirou suddenly tracing the copy of Archers' swords. He knew nothing about the effectiveness of his projection and he didn't have the time to concentrate enough. Still, he managed it.
I thought it's because every time they met, Shirou unconsciously draw experience from Emiya who have perfected his projection skills.

Quote:
The whole Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight. Even if Shirou copies the knowledge of the original users, his muscles can't be as hard as a Servants, nor his movements. Gilgamesh could defeat him easily even if he keeps up his arrogance. Perrhaps maybe the Fate Gil and the UBW Gil is different in power and skill too. But still dubious.
The sword move on it's own. Also, during the whole match, this is what Gilgamesh has in mind.

Quote:
TRACING VIOLATES COPYRIGHT MONGREL!!!
He was damn proud of his treasure that what he tries to do during the whole fight is not to beat Shirou but beat the copies of his own treasures in Unlimited Blade Works.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 05:58   Link #128
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sakura has no fans in the West and least of all on this forum. Maybe she's big back home in Japan, but most people I talk to online hate her guts.
Amongst the VN readers outside japan the HF is the most popular...or so I heard. In japan is the UBW. And wordwide maybe equal.
And that explains why the movie has UBW as theme.
Anyways in my country a great part of the VN players are Sakura fans or the very least HF route's their favourite. I know it's a small country, but...
Old 2009-08-09, 06:19   Link #129
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Huh, DEEN with a movie budget... wonder how they'll do.
Well they did fantastic with the Rurouni Kenshin Memories and Read or Die OVAs which are clearly their last two big budget anime titles. Lets hope they have a decent budget for this movie.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 10:12   Link #130
Flinch
Onii-chan~

I called her Worm-chan because that's all she really is at that point, a worm. She changes who she is out of greed and lust, which no person with a selfless outlook would ever do (unless your selfless outlook was really just a facade)
Old 2009-08-09, 10:24   Link #131
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Wow, I bet they hate Kohaku too...

Btw, Sakura & Kohaku ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I called her Worm-chan because that's all she really is at that point, a worm. She changes who she is out of greed and lust, which no person with a selfless outlook would ever do (unless your selfless outlook was really just a facade)
Spoiler:

Last edited by ac195; 2009-08-09 at 11:30.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:05   Link #132
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Put the olast parts in spoiler tags please.
Spoiler for worm-chan/sakura:

In her situation it's a miracle she's alive and able to resist Zoken and AM.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:12   Link #133
kakakka

Some (or most?) people hate a princess-that-needs-to-be-rescued character. Sakura fits that character, sadly...

BTW, I liked Sakura, but she's more of a younger sister type for me.

Quote:
It's more that HF is not the sort of story that sells well... and, for that matter, it's too dependent on the other two routes.
I don't think so...
There are infos that aren't mentioned in Heaven's Feel, but I doubt it can really affect the story as a whole.

Spoiler for HF:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:24   Link #134
Flinch
Onii-chan~

If you're a selfless person, you stay a selfless person. I am a selfless person, and I couldn't really live with myself to be selfish at all.

Oh, and back many generations, my family was sold out by those they fought for and were tortured until they finally broke and admitted to lies. That weighs pretty heavily on your mentality.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:33   Link #135
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
If you're a selfless person, you stay a selfless person. I am a selfless person, and I couldn't really live with myself to be selfish at all.

Oh, and back many generations, my family was sold out by those they fought for and were tortured until they finally broke and admitted to lies. That weighs pretty heavily on your mentality.
That's nice... when something like that happens to you personally... and you can still say things like this... then maybe I might believe you.

But as of now, I'll just treat you as a potato... because you clearly aren't human.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:38   Link #136
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

But mnothing compared to Sakura's. And there's no such a person as selfless.(well, actually believe the Bible there was one.) In extreme situations people's selfishness could show off.
Spoiler for sakura:

To Kakka:
Spoiler for Visual Novel:HF and Fate:
Old 2009-08-09, 14:50   Link #137
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

i pity sakura, but that's all i can do. and that's all that she ever gives as a character even when she's dark sakura it's just pity me and while i do feel sorry for her i can't bring myself to like her. and
Spoiler for kohaku:
Old 2009-08-09, 17:01   Link #138
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well they did fantastic with the Rurouni Kenshin Memories and Read or Die OVAs which are clearly their last two big budget anime titles. Lets hope they have a decent budget for this movie.
FFFFFFFFFFF they made RoD? I forgot that... Best. OVA series. Ever.

Yeah, I hope they can accomplish something like that here.

Quote:
I am a selfless person, and I couldn't really live with myself to be selfish at all.
The very fact that you say something like this with such pride disproves your own assertion.

Quote:
But that wasn't you. You aren't your great-great-grandparents.

That doesn't mean a thing. And what does this have to do with calling Sakura greedy anyway?

How is greed entirely a bad thing, anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
But as of now, I'll just treat you as a potato... because you clearly aren't human.
I agree here. No human is truly selfless unless they're extraordinarily fucked up like Shirou is.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:18   Link #139
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well Shirou's selfish too, but I guess we could call him selfless. And I think it's true to Sakura too(even her dark version was more like twisted than selfish).

I guess there's no human without selfishness because it's part of our self-preservation.
But back to the topic. I hope they make the whole finale more belivable in the movie than the VN's.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:28   Link #140
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Well Shirou's selfish too, but I guess we could call him selfless.
A large part of HF's story is him deciding to take what he wants for himself...