Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 22:15   Link #1
Sesshomaru22
Fanfic Writer
*Artist

Smallville TV Series.

Does anyone else watch this show? I am like...obsessed with it! Which seasons do you own?
Sesshomaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 10:04   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
non actually but what I did love was Michael Rosenbaum's band and I was really surprised that he also voiced the Flash and Luthor in the Justice League animated series (which do own he he)

I haven't seen it in ages, only when it started airing
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:11   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

I don't watch it for quite a long time, but it was quite a good drama. A teenage Superman?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 22:35   Link #4
Sesshomaru22
Fanfic Writer
*Artist

I totally love this show! I own seasons 1-6 and my sister is going to buy me the 7th season for a belated birthday present! This new season, though (season 8) is much better than the 6th and 7th seasons.
Old 2008-12-10, 22:52   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

For a while this was one of my favorite shows...Season 3 still stands alone as the best season in the series IMO...The last 3 seasons have been good to really poor and in their quest to keep the show alive by all costs it made the show "jump the shark" atleast 3 seasons ago...They wasted the potential of closing the Lex and Lana storylines in a way that would satisfy fans, and with both of them (and Lionel) leaving the show it really rips the heart out of the show for many fans (I mean Lex and Lionel talks were the highlight of this series for me)...So the show has lost alot of what made it good, but with that said I must admit that season 8 (which finally turns the show from Smallville to Metropolis) has been better than I expected...I honestly gave up on the show when I found out Micheal Rosenbaum was leaving, and the 1st 2 eps of season 8 were terrible I thought, but I kept watching for some reason and with the whole Doomsday storyline in effect I have atleast been entertained far more that I thought I would be with all 3 of my fav characters gone...It's still frustrating that SV incredibly reboots the seasons' cliffhanger every-year (Last years Season finale was supposed to have Lex control Clark, and they just swept that WHOLE storyline under the carpet and rebooted everything)...However I still find myself watching it (especially with the super-underrated Supernatural on hiatus)...Wish I could see Lana's cute face again, but S8 and it's new developments haven't made me wanna break my TV set as I had originally thought it would...
Old 2008-12-10, 23:02   Link #6
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

I watch it, but I think it's ridiculous. Sorry, but I'm not in the mood of discussing all it's faults.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:06   Link #7
Sesshomaru22
Fanfic Writer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
For a while this was one of my favorite shows...Season 3 still stands alone as the best season in the series IMO...The last 3 seasons have been good to really poor and in their quest to keep the show alive by all costs it made the show "jump the shark" atleast 3 seasons ago...They wasted the potential of closing the Lex and Lana storylines in a way that would satisfy fans, and with both of them (and Lionel) leaving the show it really rips the heart out of the show for many fans (I mean Lex and Lionel talks were the highlight of this series for me)...So the show has lost alot of what made it good, but with that said I must admit that season 8 (which finally turns the show from Smallville to Metropolis) has been better than I expected...I honestly gave up on the show when I found out Micheal Rosenbaum was leaving, and the 1st 2 eps of season 8 were terrible I thought, but I kept watching for some reason and with the whole Doomsday storyline in effect I have atleast been entertained far more that I thought I would be with all 3 of my fav characters gone...It's still frustrating that SV incredibly reboots the seasons' cliffhanger every-year (Last years Season finale was supposed to have Lex control Clark, and they just swept that WHOLE storyline under the carpet and rebooted everything)...However I still find myself watching it (especially with the super-underrated Supernatural on hiatus)...Wish I could see Lana's cute face again, but S8 and it's new developments haven't made me wanna break my TV set as I had originally thought it would...
They had to do something with the ending for the 7th season, mainly because of the writer's strike and the way some TV shows ended. I really like this new season too. I've decided to replace Grey's Anatomy with Smallville because of the season. I, too, am very frustrated that they got rid of Lex and Lana. Although, they have been saying that they will be back, but only as guest stars instead of regular cast members. I'm glad they put Oliver Queen back into the storyline. I was very confused as to why he wasn't on Smallville anymore. But, from what I got, they decided to make it so that he goes and searches for more meteor rock changed people, or people who would be able to help them in their superhero group. I quite like how this season is going, though. I admit, I didn't watch most of the last season because of how boring it was and how stupid the storyline was, despite the fact that they had Kara join the cast for a whole season. Meh, I didn't watch all of the season, because I dropped it for a whole season. My sister is going to get the last season for me as a belated birthday present so I can re-watch it and catch up with the episodes that happened before this new season.
Old 2008-12-12, 21:20   Link #8
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i watched it for about 3/4 seasons and then gave up on it. i should have given up after the 1st season. becasue after that it was like everyone had abilities. then it just went crazy. it dose'nt help that non of them can actully act that well. Clark who is played by Tom welling is possibly one of the worst actors. it worked in season 1 because he is a pretty boy and he had that down. but after that he has gotten worse. lets not get started on all the rest of the issues that is wrong with this show.

right now they are just trying to keep it going. they have distroyed any fragment of Superman and are sucesiding in distrying the name.

i mean there can only be so many times that people have abilities.

i saw this episode by accident because it was on and i was curious
Spoiler for season 5:

the whole show is just filled with these good looking people. half of them have no acting talent and just have there looks. though Lana in Season 4 Episode 18 in the prom dress as Lifehouse start playing was just amzing. she looked great.

...............................and breath........................rant over
Old 2008-12-12, 21:30   Link #9
Sesshomaru22
Fanfic Writer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i watched it for about 3/4 seasons and then gave up on it. i should have given up after the 1st season. becasue after that it was like everyone had abilities. then it just went crazy. it dose'nt help that non of them can actully act that well. Clark who is played by Tom welling is possibly one of the worst actors. it worked in season 1 because he is a pretty boy and he had that down. but after that he has gotten worse. lets not get started on all the rest of the issues that is wrong with this show.

right now they are just trying to keep it going. they have distroyed any fragment of Superman and are sucesiding in distrying the name.

i mean there can only be so many times that people have abilities.

i saw this episode by accident because it was on and i was curious
Spoiler for season 5:

the whole show is just filled with these good looking people. half of them have no acting talent and just have there looks. though Lana in Season 4 Episode 18 in the prom dress as Lifehouse start playing was just amzing. she looked great.

...............................and breath........................rant over

The dress that she wore for that episode was just...ugly. Her hair was really pretty, but the dress looked like something that would go under a dress.

Have you seen any part of the new season? I, too, didn't like the other seasons, but this season, so far, is going pretty well. I think it had to do with the creativeness to the show. The creators for Smallville left and new ones were brought in, which is why this season is much better than the others.

Also, the ZOD thing you brought up...The creators were trying not to make Smallville TOO closely to the Superman legend, which is why they made it so that ZOD took over Lex's body.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:18   Link #10
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I just watched the latest episode, and all i can say that it's decent.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:21   Link #11
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I have followed the show religiously since it started and will continue to do so till it ends. Given that i dont watch nor like most of the stuff that comes on Tv (with the exception of Spartacus and Caprica) Im surprised iv stayed with it this long.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:26   Link #12
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I have followed the show religiously since it started and will continue to do so till it ends. Given that i dont watch nor like most of the stuff that comes on Tv (with the exception of Spartacus and Caprica) Im surprised iv stayed with it this long.
What do you think of this last several episodes in season 9?
Old 2010-02-15, 16:54   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Followed first few season of Smallville on TV . Was scared to touch Superman franchise . But was told the dude who played Lex Luthor was amazing and yes he was . Dropped it during 3rd season, overall must say okay .
Old 2010-02-15, 17:17   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I used to watch it until Clark's dad went SSJ right out the window with Clark...then I hear stuff like Doomsday making an appearance and I go wtf!?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 17:30   Link #15
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I've been watching the seasons one by one with my dad. We're in the middle of season 2. I've seen dozens of episodes here and there, but this is the first time I've been watching them in order.

Good show, I've always liked it to begin with.

Shame Marvel can't get their own TV show off the ground.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 19:55   Link #16
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshomaru22 View Post
Does anyone else watch this show? I am like...obsessed with it! Which seasons do you own?
I watch this show. I kinda like it even though it turned into another typical cliche.

I'm gonna start watching it from start to finish
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 21:36   Link #17
Xion Valkyrie

Stopped watching it when I realized they're never going to show him donning the suit.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 01:44   Link #18
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Is the nine season the last, or will there be more?
Old 2011-05-13, 21:06   Link #19
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

THE END!

After ten seasons, it's over. I stopped watching after season 8, so I wiki'd seasons 9 and 10, face palmed, then watched the final episode... and face palmed some more. I wonder if it the writing got bad or if it's because I'm ten years older...lol.

Anyway, they ended it quite nicely and managed to recover what I thought they lost.
Old 2011-05-13, 21:55   Link #20
Xagzan

I think the finale could've been better if they hadn't spent the first hour focusing on the wedding. But it was decent. Lex always was my favorite character on the show, so it was nice to see him back.

The series as a whole was definitely a mixed bag. I only wish they had given us a full, clear close up of him in the suit. They kinda did, kinda didn't. But even as someone who doesn't read comics, I appreciated all the fan service.

Spoiler:

I liked Crispin Freeman's little sister.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote