AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 21:31   Link #1
Mousuke

Kaname vs. Tessa

Which of the girls do you like better? Vote and post!

Post logic. Reasons like "she's cute" or "she's kawaii" or "I don't like her hair/voice/mother-in-law/whatever" are useless posts. (Besides, if the only reason you like a character is because they're "cute", then that's your problem and the rest of us don't need to hear about it )

Me, I like Kaname. Granted, her beating on Sousuke gets annoying, but in general I think she's a fairly 3-D character. I like her down-to-earth nature and inner strength. She has no combat training, but she's not afraid to take action and kick some ass if she needs to. She has a bold, go-getter personality that I admire.
Old 2005-12-18, 21:36   Link #2
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Kaname FTW.

This shouldn't even be questioned.

She knows Sousuke best, and is the only one he completely disregards everything for. Without Kaname he loses his reason to live.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:39   Link #3
Shiemi
Counting days

I've always preferred Kaname to Tessa for some unexplainable reason.

Frank Parsons
Old 2005-12-18, 22:47   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This is kinda tuff, because while Kaname is tender at times, she's ridiculously annoying at times which makes her less hawt...Tessa while she seems to be the typical weak type (when it comes to guys, not launching missiles ) I was surprised at how strong she is and unapologetic about her feelings for Sosuke...even going as far to be like "You better make a move, cause I sure am..." Since we see so little of Tessa in comparison to Kaname (I've only seen FMP! and Fumoffu) it's nice when she appears on the scene with her loli-cute, yet strong personality...So I think I'll go with Tessa (BTW Tessa has a big bottom for her size if you ever noticed the eps they try to show it--and that's a plus for me )

I'll go with Tessa for this poll...what's funny is I like 2 other chicks even more than either of them...Mao is really hawt, I'd love to see her dolled up like the other characters instead of drinking all the time, and I can't remember her name, but she's the chick that tried to pretend that Sosuke was her boyfriend that one ep, then just became part of the cast, her character is cute, yet so naughty looking...I like her the most as far as just looks...She just throws herself at anyone that might be an AS pilot...
Old 2005-12-18, 22:49   Link #5
grev

I've always liked Kaname better for the most part because her character is developed a lot deeper than Tessa's.
Old 2005-12-18, 23:13   Link #6
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

I find Kaname more real, and maybe thats why I find her more likeable. She also seems more compatable with Sousuke...Tessa would just be to sensitive..
Old 2005-12-19, 01:36   Link #7
Forever
Revealing the truth

Tessa is the one for me!
Old 2005-12-19, 02:08   Link #8
Mousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Tessa is the one for me!
That's nice. Would you like to tell us why?
Old 2005-12-19, 02:26   Link #9
kljs
Codename : Dreams

Send a message via ICQ to kljs Send a message via MSN to kljs Send a message via Yahoo to kljs
Kaname for the win.

Just love the long hair. Not to mention how she is the only one that could control Sousuke with her paper fan thingy or something like that.
Old 2005-12-19, 03:08   Link #10
Kurama no Miko2003
Twirly! Twirly~!!

Location: Wherever my favorite guy in the whole wide world is
Send a message via AIM to Kurama no Miko2003
Again, Kaname. Why? She's one of the few strong female leads in an action series that's capable of being a girl and kick butt when need be!

Spoiler:

And besides, how many girls can whip a paper fan out of her book bag and smack a guy with it, sending him spiralling away to the nearest wall? I wouldn't mind being able to do that on occasion.

~ Kurama no Miko2003
Old 2005-12-19, 03:44   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Sorry but as cute as she is as an anime character she (Kaname) is a dime a dozen...First off i wouldn't call Fumoffu a debatable action series, secondly....A main girl character who gets mad at a main guy character so she slaps him around and calls him a baka all the time eventhough she likes him isn't very original...

From Naru in Love Hina (which has as much action as Fumoffu) to somebody like, hmmm, hell, Anna in Shaman King...Kaname is just another one of those characters...Atleast Tessa fights a bit against her archetype because she's a cute loli who actually is headstrong and doesn't want to be a damsel in distress...she's even conieving in her intentions towards Sousuke (To beat Ms. Chidori for his affections)...and didn't I mention the butt, it won't quit ...

Old 2005-12-19, 04:46   Link #12
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Although it's a lost cause, I'm a Tessa fan, what can I say, I like her type better
Old 2005-12-19, 06:21   Link #13
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Kaname =P
I like her personality better compared to Tessa

Though I really don't know anyway ><
Old 2005-12-19, 11:24   Link #14
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
Tessa! I like her =p

She's kind and gentle and funny too. She's definately have 10x more brain cells than Chidori =.= Example, in FMP when they were being captured by the boy that drives the benemoth, Chidori was a baka... she did something stupid which made the situation even worst. Besides from that, Chidori is pretty cute and kind ..sort of.
Old 2005-12-19, 11:28   Link #15
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersocomChi
Tessa! I like her =p

She's kind and gentle and funny too. She's definately have 10x more brain cells than Chidori =.= Example, in FMP when they were being captured by the boy that drives the benemoth, Chidori was a baka... she did something stupid which made the situation even worst. Besides from that, Chidori is pretty cute and kind ..sort of.
Tessa power! Cheers for the Captain! She can come up with decent battle tactics in a split second, she inspires her crew and she's a strong leader while appearing as tender and fragile.

Go Tessa
Old 2005-12-20, 12:07   Link #16
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Personally, I find that Tessa uses her position to get closer to Sousuke, which I think is a misuse of power. But hey, to each his own...
Old 2005-12-20, 13:12   Link #17
chaosfox123
Godfather Of Manga

I prefer Kaname because Tessa seems too fragile and besides I prefer Kaname's look and personality more
Old 2005-12-20, 13:32   Link #18
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosfox123
I prefer Kaname because Tessa seems too fragile and besides I prefer Kaname's look and personality more
i agree with this
Old 2005-12-21, 02:55   Link #19
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
In a fight I'll take Kaname over Tessa anyday. Kaname has the physical and whisper abilities to hold her own considering she had no training(and she did take on that one twin on her own while still maintaining her dignity in covering herself up!).

Out on a date, she wins again. Once Sousuke isn't screwing something up, and they're alone together, she shows her soft side ONLY to him(can we say the fumoffu episode where she faked being a wife interested in him so he woudln't lose that bet against the other guys, and took him away? She was so hot there!)

Kaname in looks. Blue hair > Silver hair. Also she doesn't wear high heels. Big plus. She can dress feminine when need be, but feels more at home with normal clothes. Plus, did I mention the blue hair?

Personality. She says exactly what's on her mind, unless it involves her true feelings for Sousuke, only because of her lack of experience and shyness, which Tessa also has, so I don't count either of them on that part. But her honesty and no non-sense approach to every situation, including making Sousuke get his act together, is something I just can't see Tessa doing, in a similiar circumstance.
Old 2005-12-21, 10:18   Link #20
JBur
Rock My World With Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Sorry but as cute as she is as an anime character she (Kaname) is a dime a dozen...First off i wouldn't call Fumoffu a debatable action series, secondly....A main girl character who gets mad at a main guy character so she slaps him around and calls him a baka all the time eventhough she likes him isn't very original...

From Naru in Love Hina (which has as much action as Fumoffu) to somebody like, hmmm, hell, Anna in Shaman King...Kaname is just another one of those characters...Atleast Tessa fights a bit against her archetype because she's a cute loli who actually is headstrong and doesn't want to be a damsel in distress...she's even conieving in her intentions towards Sousuke (To beat Ms. Chidori for his affections)...and didn't I mention the butt, it won't quit ...
Your post made me change my mind on which i liked more

I couldn't agree more
Closed Thread