Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-04, 23:20   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
haha, but haven't they been together from the getgo? i'm sure he's been in a lot better places by now i'm not expecting or wanting romance in op but i think it's inferred that they have a relationship
I will kill you in your sleep if you so much as think about Robin x Franky being canon.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:27   Link #42
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
If that is correct, are we to assume, that the Harpy Lady is also on board Joker's team?
Speaking of the Harpy, isn't she a researcher/scientist? Since we have vegapunk on Marine side, wouldn't it make sense in future ( with some crazy twist and stuff) she joining the Mugiwaras and Becoming their researcher/scientist?

She seems to be the kind that probably mainly cares for her research than Joker's plan in my opinion. Something like Robin. She was with Crocidile mainly to achieve her goals, maybe the same is true for the Harpy lady .

As luffy said, " How nostalgic". It seems like the whole Arabasta arc all over ( not that i am complaining, it was one my favorite arcs)
Old 2012-07-04, 23:59   Link #43
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I'm not sure if you can just retire from pirating.
No I mean retired from the position of Emperor or found something more powerful than that?
Old 2012-07-05, 01:59   Link #44
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
No I mean retired from the position of Emperor or found something more powerful than that?
Yeah I know what you meant, but I don't think Yonkou is a position that you can claim for yourself. Rather it seems to be something that others proclaim you to be. So even if you don't want to be a Yonkou any more, it really isn't up to you.

You're one of the world's most wanted criminals.. can't retire just like that.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:13   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I will kill you in your sleep if you so much as think about Robin x Franky being canon.
lolz... it's not explicit canon of course, but the canon material certainly suggests it. they're almost always put together in scenes and making playful remarks to each other like a couple.

also, who do you guys think doflamingo was talking to about the moriah assassination? it def wasnt vergo. i just assumed and still do that it was one of the yonko like kaido or big mama
Old 2012-07-05, 02:15   Link #46
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
also, who do you guys think doflamingo was talking to about the moriah assassination? it def wasnt vergo. i just assumed and still do that it was one of the yonko like kaido or big mama
What?

He was explicitly threatening that character with leaving the Shichibukai.. I think it's safe to say that character is someone from the World Government..either a high official himself, or someone representing a high official (considering the lack of respect shown by Doflamingo).
Old 2012-07-05, 02:15   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
It was a WG official of some sort, which means any Yonkou is out of the question.

Edit: Paradox13 beat me to it.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:44   Link #48
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
haha, but haven't they been together from the getgo? i'm sure he's been in a lot better places by now i'm not expecting or wanting romance in op but i think it's inferred that they have a relationship
I am definitely against the idea of FrObin because it's just gross as fck!! And Robin's beauty is gonna go to waste if they happen. But Oda seems to be shipping it. My ZorObin shipping heart is crushing with this influx of that horrible ship. Why Oda??!! Why??

All I saw in this chapter was Vergo finally letting me know that it was a ham/burger on his cheek. But Wth? Why did it need to be there?? And Flamingo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Oda might have overlooked the Schichibukai fitting animal design of 'Tora'falgar Law.

Instead of having tiger stripes, Trafalgar has leopard spots on his hat instead.
hmmm..that's actually the first time I noticed the animal theme in Trafalgar. Good one there.
Old 2012-07-05, 05:50   Link #49
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Zoro*Robin has no logic. I have yet to hear a good reason of why they should be a couple. And Vergo is funnier like that. I wonder what else will se on his face in the future. He seems to have a thing for fast-food so, maybe some crispy strips? But i admit it freaked me out at first, glad it's not actually part of his face...
robin is much older than zoro, she's already 30 and zoro is only 21. besides, she treats him like a younger brother. i don't approve any straw hat pairing at all. their relationship is so familial it would seem like incest if any of them hooked up.

maybe vergo would have a hotdog stuck to his cheek next?
Old 2012-07-05, 09:58   Link #50
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 673
That was not a bad chapter. Luffy, Robin, Law, and Smoker are pretty calm for being captured. Out of all the devil fruit users, why is tashigi (who has smoker's body) having a hard time in the sea stone? Luffy, Robin, and Law look like they are doing just fine.

Idiot move
Vergo putting Luffy, Smoker, Law, and Tashigi together was stupid. Either he is a strong fighter or he is under estimating Straw Hats, Law, and Smoker. This is going to be a huge regret waiting to happen if and when they get out.

Outcome
The events of this chapter is turning out nice. If Vergo gets captured, true identity revealed, or dies (like Belamy), that would make Smoker the new and highest ranking officer at G-5. No doubt Smoker will get the credit for saving the kids and uncovering this mole (just like Alabasta). Joker (aka Doflamingo) has a lot riding on this arch. If it is found out that he has moles in the marines and WG, Fleet Admiral Akainu might not take kindly to this, him and the rest of the Marine never trusted the Pirate Warlords. WG might revoke his Shichibukai status. I also wonder how this whole fight will go between Vergo, CC Vs. Straw Hat, Law, and Smoker. Law's status is also in danger, his alliance with straw hat will not look good.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:39   Link #51
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
lolz... it's not explicit canon of course, but the canon material certainly suggests it. they're almost always put together in scenes and making playful remarks to each other like a couple.
I think this is a lovely case of "See what you want to see". You like/want Robin x Franky and thus you see every little interaction between them to be implied romance...There is no suggestion anywhere that there is romance in the crew, much less between Robin and Franky. You know what what's the most romance involving a SH crew member that we've seen? Luffy and Hancock, which Luffy rejects completely every time, so it's a one-sided naive teenage girl like crush...wow deep.

Really now, saying Robin and Franky are a thing because they appear in a few scenes together and make "playful remarks" (which I fail to notice any BTW) is like saying Nami and...any other member of the crew are secretly "a thing" because they all have scenes together and they all have "playful remarks".
Old 2012-07-05, 11:05   Link #52
SMASHERJACKSON

Vergo's Powers

Now I could be mistaken but I recall Vergo's power of Law being displayed by the removal of Laws heart? or perhaps that was just an assumption from a forum discussion.

If it is the case, combinig that would food he had previously eating being stuck to his face I'm led to think that perhaps his powers are like laws in that he has the ability to take things out of people, though it could be more then just people/organisms.

As for the chapter Im happy to things escalate to the degree that they have, that CC didnt get owned silly immediately, that the glob is proving to be difficult and that so many big names have gotten involved in some really nasty stuff as this is the sort of thing i was hoping to see in the New World chapters.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:17   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Your insinuation of Vergo being that guy Doflamingo was talking to about Moria's assassination doesn't quite add up for the following reasons:

While you make some valid points there, I still wouldn't rule out the possibility that Vergo was the one Dofla was speaking with, or at least someone working alongside Vergo. I think this really depends on just how well-connected Vergo is amongst the government's upper echelon. And considering that the guy had fifteen whole years to gain the position he has now, I can see him making many powerful allies from within the WG (who in turn would also support Doflamingo). It's not impossible, since we've seen other government officials who gained a lot of power due to being well-connected (like Spandam, for instance).

But as for why Vergo would want Moria dead (considering he was the one to put the hit on him).... well, I admit that your guess is as good as mine there. The only thing that comes to my mind right now is that Moria might know some info that he would consider taboo (since it might jeopardize his position) and therefore wants to keep him "quiet". Sort of like why he currently distrusts CC, in other words. But again, this is only if we consider the possibility that he really WAS the guy Dofla was speaking to before the skip.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really understand, how Ceasar could know, that Law is acting against him.

Maybe because.... he distrusts him? Or did you forget how suspicious he got when Monet told him that Law and Luffy had a connection with each other before the skip? Besides, it's not like he was actually WRONG about his suspicions, anyway....
Old 2012-07-05, 12:47   Link #54
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post

Idiot move
Vergo putting Luffy, Smoker, Law, and Tashigi together was stupid. Either he is a strong fighter or he is under estimating Straw Hats, Law, and Smoker. This is going to be a huge regret waiting to happen if and when they get out.

Maybe they have only one seastone gaze.. My assumption is that seastone is quite rare and expensive material and so there never is many gazes, if we aren't inside of impeldown or similar place.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-07-05, 12:52   Link #55
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The man speaking with Dofla before time skip isn't Vergo for sure.

He was talking in a condensating speech, and never once spoke in formal or respectable way to Dofla.
Vergo is a man obviously concerned with the way you speak to a superior, seeing from how he reacted to Law and his "gentleman" style.
Old 2012-07-05, 13:23   Link #56
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The man speaking with Dofla before time skip isn't Vergo for sure.

He was talking in a condensating speech, and never once spoke in formal or respectable way to Dofla.
Vergo is a man obviously concerned with the way you speak to a superior, seeing from how he reacted to Law and his "gentleman" style.
What would we do without Aohige?
Old 2012-07-05, 13:51   Link #57
marvelB

Indeed, the blue-bearded one is a truly helpful one, all right! But I'm still sticking with what I said about the guy Dofla was speaking with having a possible connection to Vergo....

Quote:
Chapter 673
That was not a bad chapter. Luffy, Robin, Law, and Smoker are pretty calm for being captured. Out of all the devil fruit users, why is tashigi (who has smoker's body) having a hard time in the sea stone? Luffy, Robin, and Law look like they are doing just fine.

My guess is that the reason Luffy and Robin weren't struggling with the seastone was merely due to how much stronger they've gotten over the skip. But to be fair, neither Robin nor Smoker showed any obvious reaction to seastone even before the skip (Smoker was even able to whack Luffy with his jutte in the Alabasta seastone prison, and Robin had no problem moving around in her seastone cuffs at Enies Lobby). I'm not surprised that Tashigi's unable to handle it, though..... she IS currently stuck in a body that she isn't used to, after all.

Quote:
Outcome
The events of this chapter is turning out nice. If Vergo gets captured, true identity revealed, or dies (like Belamy), that would make Smoker the new and highest ranking officer at G-5. No doubt Smoker will get the credit for saving the kids and uncovering this mole (just like Alabasta). Joker (aka Doflamingo) has a lot riding on this arch. If it is found out that he has moles in the marines and WG, Fleet Admiral Akainu might not take kindly to this, him and the rest of the Marine never trusted the Pirate Warlords. WG might revoke his Shichibukai status.

True, this arc is showing some parallels to Alabasta. But as far as Dofla losing his status goes..... well, recall that in the pre-skip scene we were just discussing, he clearly showed that he gave no crap whether or not he remains a warlord (he even said that he'd willingly quit HIMSELF). But I do imagine that Vergo being exposed as the mole might be a huge setback for him. As far as Law goes, things are a bit more unclear. If he actually helps in apprehending CC and toppling Vergo then IMO it's more likely that the government would publicly praise him as a hero and turn a blind eye over his alliance with Luffy and whatever plan he's cooking up at PH. After all, it's pretty clear to that the WG are more concerned with saving face than anything else (just look at how they hushed up something as huge a freaking MASS JAILBREAK, for crying out loud).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Maybe they have only one seastone gaze.. My assumption is that seastone is quite rare and expensive material and so there never is many gazes, if we aren't inside of impeldown or similar place.

A lot of people have this impression that seastone is rare, but I don't think that's really the case. All we know about it is that supposedly it can only be found in one specific ocean in the world. If that's the case, I'd say that it's more uncommon than flat-out rare (since for all we know, seastone may be be abundant in whatever sea it came from). And frankly, I doubt that a substance that can even be found in the sky islands would be THAT rare....
Old 2012-07-05, 14:07   Link #58
SMASHERJACKSON

disregard my previous post

I reread the chapters and their doesnt seem to be a mention of a seastone gaze, im thinking hes using haki, which is why tashigi in smokers body is having trouble right now
Old 2012-07-05, 14:29   Link #59
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
True, this arc is showing some parallels to Alabasta. But as far as Dofla losing his status goes..... well, recall that in the pre-skip scene we were just discussing, he clearly showed that he gave no crap whether or not he remains a warlord (he even said that he'd willingly quit HIMSELF). But I do imagine that Vergo being exposed as the mole might be a huge setback for him. As far as Law goes, things are a bit more unclear. If he actually helps in apprehending CC and toppling Vergo then IMO it's more likely that the government would publicly praise him as a hero and turn a blind eye over his alliance with Luffy and whatever plan he's cooking up at PH. After all, it's pretty clear to that the WG are more concerned with saving face than anything else (just look at how they hushed up something as huge a freaking MASS JAILBREAK, for crying out loud).....
Change in Command
I would agree with you if this was before the two year time skip. But WG has given the Marines more power because of Akoiji's departure and the new Fleet Admiral is Akainu. Akainu is a very extreme character and I don't think he is going to do things like Sengoku did. Second the fact that many of the WG and Marine officials were pulling for Akainu for Fleet Admiral position may be a sign that the kitty gloves are off. The defection of Jimbi, Croc, and Black Beard probably is the main reason why they were pulling for Akainu in the first place. Weather Daflamingo cares or not, things are harder to do when the spot light is on you, especially when you no longer have the Shichibukai status to hide behind. Has for Luffy, I do not think Akainu's views on him has changed since the Marine Ford War. Anyone perceived being a help to Luffy may not see mercy this time around. No matter what Law does they won't care because they will not give him the credit. They didn't give luffy the credit for Croc in alabasta. The WG will give it all to Smoker and the fact that Law has alliance with Luffy will be the only thing that will remain.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-05 at 14:42.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:47   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
I reread the chapters and their doesnt seem to be a mention of a seastone gaze, im thinking hes using haki, which is why tashigi in smokers body is having trouble right now
It may be because of bad translation but Tashigi is not feeling unwell because of some power making her weak.

She is feeling crappy because she is captured by Vergo, a superior turned traitor who kidnapped all the kids of the people that approached her for help. She feels helpless like how Smoker is feeling pathetic.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread