AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 23:20   Link #921
Utsuro no Hako

You know, I will never understand why people in movies always walk across the desert during the day. Wouldn't it be better to travel at night when it's cold and your movement can keep you warm, and then conserve energy during the heat of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
As a heads-up for Crunchyroll viewers, SB will now be simulcast at 11:00 pm ET on Saturday nights to reflect its move to the Saturday afternoon time slot in Japan. The time change begins tonight.
It's always been 11 PM ET. I don't think the time shift takes place until April, at which point it should move to Saturday mornings. I'm betting the desert arc wraps up at the end of March then the first episode in the new slot will be a recap.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 04:37   Link #922
ookamigirl

This survival training has been rather boring so far.
I know they're just showing us why the need to this part, but it's still not interesting.
They need something or someone to mix things up a bit.

Their team is the worst so far and it's getting harder to endure.
Nitta's attitude wasn't helping the situation at all.
In the end all the problems they encountered improved the quality of this episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 07:38   Link #923
cyth
Banned

So Nitta's brother is a hikikomori and Nitta feels guilty for leaving him "behind." Eh ...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 08:17   Link #924
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
So Nitta's brother is a hikikomori and Nitta feels guilty for leaving him "behind." Eh ...
Are we sure about that?

Anyways I liked this episode, I was happy that the Nitta/Mutta fight scene wasn't a fight scene at all. And I am glad I will be learning more about Nitta next episode.

I am still annoyed by that Bold guy. His set up of the teams reminds me of what Kenji's team did during the isolation test (and well that obviously wasn't the best solution)

But okay I might be able to accept splitting up teams by countries if you didn't put one lone member from another country. I realize this might not be an issue on Mutta's team but in real life it could certainly be. It is hard for someone to try to fit in with an already established group if you are the only "outsider".

On another note the most beautiful sky of stars I saw was also in the desert/bush of Australia that scene reminded me of that moment.
Old 2013-03-17, 08:25   Link #925
Jimmy C

Unfortunately for the Indian girl, she's the only one from her country. So she'll have to deal with that for the whole course.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 08:30   Link #926
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Unfortunately for the Indian girl, she's the only one from her country. So she'll have to deal with that for the whole course.
I don't remember them saying she was the only candidate from India. Maybe I missed that.

But even still if the groups were random not by country then she would not have to worry because everyone would be mixed together.
Old 2013-03-17, 09:59   Link #927
Aesthetic Shampoo

Indian chick can't be helped but Bold split up the only 2 Canadians and put them both with 5 Americans. The list was shown last episode, and it's not a big point but it still strikes me as unfair.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 11:28   Link #928
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

DAMN Nitta......chill the fuck out.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:40   Link #929
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, the preview was completely misleading. Nitta was actually a pretty good leader and no real conflict arose between him and Mutta. Thanks to him they even managed to move up a place and avoid punishment for the first time in four days. He made the right call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Are we sure about that?
The bother communicates with his mother through notes, and the door to his room is always closed. It's safe to assume he's a shut-in. Going by the preview, he's been that way for a long time.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:47   Link #930
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eh, the preview was completely misleading. Nitta was actually a pretty good leader and no real conflict arose between him and Mutta.
I had a feeling that the preview was a red herring and that the tackle would be for something totally different; by now we have a fairly good reading of Mutta's personality, and if Mutta would have assaulted Nitta it would have already happened during their two weeks in the can.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:21   Link #931
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The brother communicates with his mother through notes, and the door to his room is always closed. It's safe to assume he's a shut-in. Going by the preview, he's been that way for a long time.
That might very well be the case but there also might be more to it. I don't think we should make assumptions just from the preview & what little we saw from this episode.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:49   Link #932
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So last week's preview was a red herring and Mutta actually helped him out. Figures Nitta would lose the phone. Looks like Mutta goes back with him, but i guess the whole team needs to be together to count as third place. From the preview seems like Nitta's brother is a shut in. Depends on how much they have to walk back, but i guess they can make it back in time before they set out again, but then they won't have any rest. Is this the situation Amanti saw.
Old 2013-03-17, 16:20   Link #933
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Indian chick can't be helped but Bold split up the only 2 Canadians and put them both with 5 Americans. The list was shown last episode, and it's not a big point but it still strikes me as unfair.
Canada always gets the short end of the stick. Of course for all we know one may be from Quebec and the other from Ontario so they might not give a damn anyways.

Quote:
That might very well be the case but there also might be more to it. I don't think we should make assumptions just from the preview & what little we saw from this episode.
This is the internet, assumptions are perfectly valid . Besides better than waiting a week before we can comment on the situation.

There may be more to it, but at the very least the little brother seems to be a shut-in. Makes you wonder what happened though. Nitta might have pushed him to it by losing his temper or might have flipped out after it started. Either way may regret losing his temper in the past and getting a big place might be his attempt to get his brother to step outside into the world as well as mend their relationship.

Bad luck with the phone likely being dropped when Mutta tackled Nitta out of the way to avoid the snake. Should be an interesting next episode with Nitta and likely Mutta turning around to go back for the phone. Though it's going to just kill them. Have to go back, get the phone and make it back through that whole distance they covered through the day. Even if they make it back by the time they would set out the next day, both guys will be completely exhausted and having gotten little to no sleep.
Old 2013-03-18, 08:02   Link #934
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Why can't Nitta use someone else's phone? Seems like a better, if less dramatic, solution to me.

I first thought it was implausible that he would have any cell service at all, but it turns out that AT&T, at least, has quite good coverage throughout the Panhandle. Since most foreigners have GSM phones, Nitta would likely be using either AT&T or T-Mobile. The other large US carrier, Verizon, uses a different system called CDMA.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 08:13   Link #935
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is the internet, assumptions are perfectly valid . Besides better than waiting a week before we can comment on the situation.
I didn't say we couldn't comment on the situation, I was responding to what I read as disappointment that the brother is just a shut in and I was like just wait and see (although maybe my interpretation was incorrect).

I think that this is probably the case but there might be more to it, that was my only point. I wasn't trying to say that people should not speculate.

And I was also surprised they would get service that far out in the desert. I think I want to switch to Nitta's company.
Old 2013-03-18, 08:48   Link #936
Jimmy C

Quote:
I don't remember them saying she was the only candidate from India. Maybe I missed that.
It's in ep46, when Bold is meeting the chief astronaut. He explicitly states how many are from which nation. There's only one Indian.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 08:48   Link #937
Gooral
Banned

@SeijiSensei

Don't forget that it's set in the future so coverage today would most likely be significantly lower than 7-8 years from now.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 09:44   Link #938
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

On another note, I thought the scene with the gun was also strange. To hand a 9mm semiautomatic to a person who, being Japanese, has probably never owned or even shot a gun seems absurd. I doubt shooting practice is part of JAXA training, or probably even training at NASA. To assume that Nitta or Serika or Mutta could shoot a rattlesnake is just ridiculous. There's a much greater chance that they or another member of the party would be shot.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 10:17   Link #939
cyth
Banned

I'd be very disappointed if they handed Mutta the gun just so he could prove to Bold later on that he is a military man. Seems too convenient.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 11:19   Link #940
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, the gun was given to the leader - so a different person will have it each day, not just Mutta. Showing Mutta with the gun just meant he was the leader that day.

I agree with SeijiSensei that giving a gun to someone who has most likely never used one before is a liability.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen