*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
maybe we should start thinking if we want to make a animesuki guild
That would be a good idea if we can get enough people for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
If so, http://www.swtor.com/guilds is where you'll want to go
I wonder who is going to start the guild then?
Old 2011-04-16, 14:40   Link #203
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Sounds like a good game for me to try out.

Smuggler > Scoundrel for me I guess - I am always the brain + speed type of player.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 14:51   Link #204
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'll start it, but I'm not much of a guild leader
Old 2011-04-22, 17:41   Link #205
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Today's update was disappointing. I mean, it's fun to know that Drew Karpyshyn is writing a new novel, but I was hoping for something a bit more... gameplay-ish.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:43   Link #206
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Today's update was disappointing. I mean, it's fun to know that Drew Karpyshyn is writing a new novel, but I was hoping for something a bit more... gameplay-ish.
Atleast it will ease the minds of those who love the lore behind Revan in the first Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and finding out what happened to him after those events to lead to what we saw in #2. But would have been nice to see more gameplay updates indeed, we will get more eventually.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:50   Link #207
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
And keep in mind, updates tend to bounce between game-related, less game related, fan Fridays, etc

Maybe next week's will be a better one

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:25   Link #208
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
I'd buy it.

I am slowly working my way through the Republic Commando novels right now, reading them one or two subchapters per night so as to extend the pleasure of reading them as long as possible. I could just slice through an entire book in a day or two, but that would leave me without reading material pretty quickly. After the rest of the RC novels, I have a military history book, then The Courtship of Princess Leia, and then another military history book.

Has anyone read the new expanded-universe novel Knight Errant? It's the novel spin-off of the new Star Wars: Knight Errant comic series that's set about 1,000 BBY. I'm considering adding that to the stack, but I don't know much about either the novel or the comics. Mostly I just know that the main character is a female Jedi, which is intriguing.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 06:21   Link #209
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Why disappointing? The old Republic era is the most unused by authors right now, so any novel about it expands the SW universe. Especially Revan who is maybe the most famous/adored character of that time.
Don't know how will the story of old Republic will be uncovered in the game, but a book is certainly better development.
Old 2011-04-24, 07:34   Link #210
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, it's somewhat disappointing because it's not much of an update. Don't get me wrong, I love lore updates, but this one didn't really give us any other update beyond 'there's going to be a new book about Revan.' It's... more of a preview on a future update than an actual update itself.

I like it that a new book is in the works, and I most certainly will buy it when it comes out, but I would have liked some more directly related ones to go along with it. The Consular and Inquisitor are still waiting on their class updates, after all. And there's still plenty of timelines to be released too.
Old 2011-04-24, 10:12   Link #211
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I wonder if it's going to suck as much as his Mass Effect novels.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:08   Link #212
Aqua Knight

Or own like his Darth Bane novels.
Old 2011-04-28, 13:00   Link #213
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Today an embargo on information gained from the fansite summit was lifted. Darth Hater immediately opened a floodgate of information.

Some things that peaked my interest:

Quote:
Crew Skills available for training in Kaas City: Cybertech (Reverse Engineering Tech which leads to creating Tech), Underworld Trading, Slicing, Bio Analysis, Bio Chem, Diplomacy, Investigation Mission, Treasure Hunting, Synthweaving, Archeology, and Artifice.
Cybertech sounds like a way to get blueprints for items... pure speculation though.
Quote:
Class specific long duration buffs, such as Coordination for the Imperial Agent, stack. If you are in a party with four of the same class you can all buff each other, effectively giving each player a buff four times more powerful than normal.
This is... interesting. I can see the upsides of this, as it makes grouping with people from the same class easier.

Confirmed to have been a bug.

Quote:
If you are bound to another flashpoint and did not complete the flashpoint you can then synchronize your flashpoint instance id to your new group's. This allows players to join up with a new group at the beginning. This does not work the other direction though; we were unable to sync someone forward in a flashpoint they did not participate in.
I expect this to be fixed, because not being able to invite a new partymember if the tank or healer drops out would be a major pain in the rear.
Quote:
The optional color matching uses the primary color of your chest piece as the color to apply elsewhere. You are currently unable to use any other piece of armor to change the color of your chest piece, but this can be toggled off.
Hell yes! My fear of clown armor is gone.

Quote:
At the start of the Flashpoint, I took stock of who was what level at the time. If I am remembering this correctly, we had two Level 8 players, one Level 9, and I was Level 10. Sam and I played Bounty Hunters while Musco and Dover played Imperial Agents. For reference, I tried to do this solo earlier at Level 8 and failed miserably, even with Mako backing me up. Thanks to the fact that I was unable to complete it, I was able to merge and synchronize my Flashpoint ID with the new group. Getting into the Flashpoint was a rather easy and welcoming process considering what was about to ensue.
Flashpoints need to be grouped. Good to have confirmation on that, and should ease the concerns of 'is this just a singleplayer game?'

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-04-28 at 18:01.
Old 2011-04-28, 17:24   Link #214
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=307824 is the link to the main thread regarding all of the info that's been gleaned thanks to the embargo lifting on the Press/Fan stuff.

The OP of said thread has been really good about keeping it updated

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 07:11   Link #215
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Awesome infos!

I too love the idea of having the chest piece color optionally expand over the other armor parts. No more red chest piece, green shoulders and blue pants at the same time!

Quote:
Social points are added whenever you win a roll in a group dialogue scene or achieve a specific objective while grouped. These appear in a small blue box on the bottom of the screen. Social points accumulate to give you new social levels or tiers.
Social points/levels/tiers? Interesting...
Old 2011-04-29, 07:21   Link #216
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The color-match is especially great for the people who play troopers, for who such a mismatch would look really clowny.

Edit: Todays updates are in. A behind the scenes look at developing the UI and the Sith warrior armor progression.

It seems that armor updates are the new way they've found to stretch out the weekly updates. After they pushed back the target release, I was wondering what they'd use to fill the now bigger gap between here and launch day.

I was kind of hoping for a consular update though... they and the inquisitor don't even have flashy class trailers yet.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-04-29 at 10:03.
Old 2011-04-29, 14:37   Link #217
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Seeing that bulky Warrior again makes me really hope they don't restrict body types for certain classes in the end... I'd like my Warrior a little more agile looking... :-/
Old 2011-04-29, 16:02   Link #218
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So far I've heard or seen nothing about restrictions in that regard. The leaks so far show it to be perfectly possible to create anything from a skinny to a fat character for any class.
Old 2011-04-29, 18:27   Link #219
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yeah. I hope it stays the way it is.
Still, I'm concerned that BW may put some kind of restriction in later.
For example; they might think a "fat" agent or jedi is too silly, so they take away the "fat" body size for those classes etc...

Don't worry, it's just me thinking too hard again.
Old 2011-04-29, 23:45   Link #220
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

If people haven't gotten the email (or if you are not subscribed to the newsletter), they just released a video on Sith Warrior level up.

As much as I want this game now, I've actually given up on it. It's taking sooo long (of course that IS a good thing meaning it will be awesome when it comes out but I wantzzz noaa!). GW2 and Tera Online has already gotten my eye for the future.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows