Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-03, 14:56   Link #1101
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
i agree. I remember buying the first 2 volumes for a friend for x-mas, and before i gave it to her, i read them. I really enjoyed them. I never saw the anime though.
STICK TO THE MANGA. Trust me. I was severely disappointed with the anime.
They couldn't even cast the seiyuu right. Millefuelle's seiyu is downright BAD.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:41   Link #1102
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
While I thoroughly enjoyed Mononoke Hime, I found its environmental message a tad too heavy-handed. In contrast, Spirited Away doesn't clobber you with its morals.

Really? I got the exact opposite impression.

If what you were saying is true, then Lady Eboshi, the leader of Irontown and the ones who shot the boar god who cursed Ashitaka, should be portrayed as an evil villain.

But in fact, she is portrayed as a caring leader who even accepts lepers that no one else would accept.

Also by what you say, the animals should have been portrayed as the "good guys." But in fact many of them were shown to be violent and bloodthirsty, wanting to eat innocent people.

I think one of the great things about the film is that it doesn't have a heavy handed message. It portrays the struggle between humans and nature, but it never says either side is right.

And in the end, the one true "hero" of the story, Ashitaka, goes to live with humans, rather than live in nature.
Old 2008-02-05, 12:18   Link #1103
Chiibi

Unnn there's a couple of reasons why I choose Mononoke over Spirited Away...

*it's more romantic. San and Ashitaka are a GREAT couple:
*it's not as childish. Spirited Away has a very "kid" feel to it
*I like the story more.
*It's more visually appealing.
*It's not as "icky". Sure there is gore but I can handle that better than No-face purging himself for like fifteen minutes straight. I mean THAT was just so disgusting....
Old 2008-02-05, 20:28   Link #1104
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
STICK TO THE MANGA. Trust me. I was severely disappointed with the anime.
They couldn't even cast the seiyuu right. Millefuelle's seiyu is downright BAD.
I agree that if you don't like the random and senseless humor (aka Excel Saga-type) style, then don't watch the anime and just read the manga, or better yet, play the PS2 games. This is not because it's a bad anime, though. It's because the anime is the kind that only appeals to selective viewers.

However, I strongly disagree with Millfie's seiyuu being bad in any way. I've seen most of the anime, and I've played all the games, in which Milfie's anime seiyuu still plays her voice (all the anime seiyuu come back to play their respective roles in the games), and I think she does a great job.
Old 2008-02-06, 12:23   Link #1105
Chiibi

Quote:
I agree that if you don't like the random and senseless humor (aka Excel Saga-type) style, then don't watch the anime and just read the manga, or better yet, play the PS2 games.
I don't have a problem with random senseless humor like Excel. I love that type of humor. I have a problem with dropping the entire awesome manga plot and cutting out my favorite character ENTIRELY (Commander Takuto) and his romance with Millfie.

Quote:
However, I strongly disagree with Millfie's seiyuu being bad in any way. I've seen most of the anime, and I've played all the games, in which Milfie's anime seiyuu still plays her voice (all the anime seiyuu come back to play their respective roles in the games), and I think she does a great job.
I just don't think it fits her. She's supposed to be cutesy but that voice makes her sound like a tomboy! I hate it! I hate deep voices for cutesy girls! It wasn't anything like I expected.
Old 2008-02-06, 12:29   Link #1106
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
IM adding 1 to my original which was Geneshaft now i think every copy of School Days and Geneshaft should be hurled into the sun and reproducing them for viewing should result in death.
Old 2008-02-06, 13:05   Link #1107
Casshern

Red Hawk made me wish I had a sword next to me so that I may dissembowel my self...
I always had a bad habit of sticking to games, movies and anime untill the very end in order to find out how it finishes. Even if it really sucked I just had to find out how it goes. Thankfully the traumatising experience that was Red Hawk helped me overcome that silly habit.

Let me summarise Red Hawk...
Take Ninja Scroll. Add Ki attacks. Add standardised generic, predictable story. Use crappy animation. Make it 10 times more pretentious than Dragonauts. Make it 100 times more contrived than Anakin Skywalker getting cut in half by Obi Wan Kennobi. You now have Red Hawk.
Old 2008-02-06, 17:36   Link #1108
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

As much as I loath dubing Medabots,Pizza cats and Foodons have a charm of their own.

Shana II was dragy...but not that much worse than naruto or bleach recently....2 eps of story 1-2 eps of drag....

Speaking of Dragonauts,while tis shallow tis not a complete loss :P
Old 2008-02-06, 19:47   Link #1109
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Let me summarise Red Hawk...
Take Ninja Scroll. Add Ki attacks. Add standardised generic, predictable story. Use crappy animation. Make it 10 times more pretentious than Dragonauts. Make it 100 times more contrived than Anakin Skywalker getting cut in half by Obi Wan Kennobi. You now have Red Hawk.
Oh why did you have to remind me of that? Now those nightmares will return again.....
Old 2008-02-06, 20:00   Link #1110
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I don't have a problem with random senseless humor like Excel. I love that type of humor. I have a problem with dropping the entire awesome manga plot and cutting out my favorite character ENTIRELY (Commander Takuto) and his romance with Millfie.
Um, y'know, the manga came after the anime, and was made based on the popularity of the anime. The first GA TV series started in April of 2001, and finished in September of that year. The manga didn't start until December of 2001.....

Quote:
I just don't think it fits her. She's supposed to be cutesy but that voice makes her sound like a tomboy! I hate it! I hate deep voices for cutesy girls! It wasn't anything like I expected.
Au contraire, I think it fits her perfectly. There are plenty of other female characters in anime who are also plenty cute without high-decible voices. The fitting-ness of Milfie's seiyuu is particularly apparent in the games where she gets to actually use the full range of Milfie's emotions in her relationship with Takuto.
Old 2008-02-07, 12:29   Link #1111
Chiibi

Quote:
Um, y'know, the manga came after the anime, and was made based on the popularity of the anime. The first GA TV series started in April of 2001, and finished in September of that year. The manga didn't start until December of 2001.....
Ah ha....you know that suddenly occured to me but not until AFTER I posted it. XD I suppose it was my bad luck to get acquainted with the manga first. On the other hand, this completely breaks my rule that manga after anime comparsions are poor. o_o

Bleh, I still don't like her voice. She sounds too much like a boy.>_>
Old 2008-02-08, 00:12   Link #1112
Major1138

I'm sort of surprised that Shana II is even mentioned in this thread - I don't disagree with those who say it's not as good as the first one, but it's a bit of a stretch to say it's in frisbee territory if it hasn't even finished airing yet.
Old 2008-02-10, 10:50   Link #1113
BlackWaltzX

My comments on the anime Narutaru, or 'Shadow Star'.

NOTE: This was copy/pasted off of my comments I had left on a certain website that streamed videos. In this site, all comments do not involve the use of the 'enter' button, so I will attempt to seperate it properly, however, I won't get it correct I think. Also.. you needed to use a 'confirmation code' to comment every time that combined two random words found in the dictionary.

"no awful" was the two key words I had recieved to make this comment. It could describe how I felt about this anime. I had watched it under the mindset of it being a good anime. However, it fell short. WAY to short.
Nothing was consistant at all in this anime. Maybe it was in the manga.. but not here. The first five villians were never put to rest. Just one died BEFORE you knew about the group. Apparently though, Akira Sakura is going to join the ranks of their group. There was no explanation to the naked girl in the guy's house at all either..

The army? How did they even know about the dragonets besides Shiina's mother? They had no clue that the dragonet would be in a random forest/field.
It then skips to Shiina's frind, Hiro or whatever, and about how she was bullied in school by these four girls. Now, that's fine, but the lead of it was how Akira Sakura was being bullied as well. The ONLY connection between Sakura's bully and the current kid being bulled was a random guy saying, "That girl used to be bullied the most in her youth".
Besides that, both of the girls had brown hair. Star Dragons? The major plot of this anime? Where and who exactly is Round Star? Don't ask me, because we need to follow how this one girl is bullied, how a red and black panda is ridiculous and how an 'angel' holding a 'red flower' looks romantic or whatever that was suppoused to be.

Yes, it went on some 'adult topics' such as--
Shiino is buliemic.
Sakura Akira was sexually abused and wants it badly. She also is bullied constantly and all of the crazy guys want her. (Both of the untaken bad guys of the group of five, the guy is is impotent and her father.)
Sakura's Romance #1 wants to have the world in the cave era. Sakura's Romance
#2 doesn't use a license and is a bad boy.
Sakura's Romance #3 is impotent.
Sakura's Romance #4 is her dad.
Hiro is bullied.
The Star Dragons were not explained beyond 'there is a dolphin, a snake-mermaid, a dragon princess and some minor shapes that everyone has. Just how in hell did Hiro get a dragon? Or demon? Or whatever.

The news agency said the hostage's arm was broken. Clearly the man was fixing a bike afterwards though.. Even if it's 2 years later, there was no comment on it. When Shiiro walks into Hiro's house, the opening in the sky shows night and clouds, while outside it was bright and sunny. What's with that? There is many more things to poke at however I won't.

The major point is, is that I greatly enjoy the opening and closeing credits, the main character was enjoyable enough, and Ooishi of Higurashi voiced a random Major of the military. (However he was a young man or something.. not what his voice makes me picture.)

Sorry for makeing this post kind of exceedingly long.. but heh.. I needed to say this.
Old 2008-02-13, 11:35   Link #1114
Chiibi

Quote:
My comments on the anime Narutaru, or 'Shadow Star'.
Actually I can barely watch this show...for the same reason as Higurashi. It makes me too uneasy.....>_>

Quote:
Shiino is buliemic.
She is? o_o I thought she just ate too much in episode 4 and got sick from that. Which was gross. >_<
Old 2008-02-13, 13:08   Link #1115
SidVicious
Anime addict

1 - Naruto
2 - Naruto
3 - Naruto
4 - Naruto
5 - Naruto

Oh...and Naruto.
Old 2008-02-13, 18:31   Link #1116
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Naruto and bleach are making it there in my book
Old 2008-02-13, 20:13   Link #1117
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWaltzX View Post
My comments on the anime Narutaru, or 'Shadow Star'.--snip--
The anime only covered half of the manga, and, from what I hear, scenes from it were cut all over the place. You might try giving the manga a shot.
Old 2008-02-14, 06:10   Link #1118
Amrael
Nothing ever changes.

Send a message via MSN to Amrael
Bleach above all else, I love the manga but the anime made me almost throw up =ç=.
Old 2008-02-14, 06:57   Link #1119
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes, the way they animated the espada and rest, geez ~ they couldn't have possibly done it more retarded then that.
Old 2008-02-14, 15:17   Link #1120
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Grenadier. Jesus christ.