*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Good luck next time when you'll be cleaning up your bloated Windows. ^^
Referring to me?
Old 2008-05-07, 19:09   Link #23
martino
makes no files now

Who else? It should have been pretty obvious... With a CPU like that and not being able to play 1080p without CoreAVC, there's simply no other explanation I believe. n_n
Old 2008-05-07, 20:44   Link #24
Arm
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Who else? It should have been pretty obvious... With a CPU like that and not being able to play 1080p without CoreAVC, there's simply no other explanation I believe. n_n
Tried it 2 weeks after I bought it, so it's not like I had malware or a hogged down computer.

After receiving help on the CCCP forum, person said that a 2.4GHz single core(essentially since FFdshow is single-threaded) doesn't have enough power to decode 1080p(without sync issues that is).
Old 2008-05-08, 01:22   Link #25
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm View Post
Tried it 2 weeks after I bought it, so it's not like I had malware or a hogged down computer.

After receiving help on the CCCP forum, person said that a 2.4GHz single core(essentially since FFdshow is single-threaded) doesn't have enough power to decode 1080p(without sync issues that is).
FFDshow-tryouts has multithreaded CABAC decoding, which speeds up decoding quite a bit (especially with higher bitrate videos).
Old 2008-05-12, 21:02   Link #26
Jen526

Thought I'd post this question here, since I'm having similar issues to the OP... In Media Player Classic, MKV files are constantly out-of-synch on audio/video. I can get it back in synch by backing up a few seconds and going again, but it just happens again a little while later.

I'm wondering if anyone could comment on a post over on the CCCP faq? I'm seeing two completely different explanations for what's causing this and how to fix it, and trying to decide which to try first. My non-techie little brain is about to explode.

Here's the CCCP Post I'm talking about, in response to a question in CCCP's faq about MKV's having either blinking subtitles or "huge syncing issues":
http://www.anime-legion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1309

I'm curious if y'all think the explanation there is a non-issue because fansubbers *are* doing things properly, if the performance compensators discussed here are workarounds for the fact that they're *not* doing it properly, or if the two issues are completely unrelated?

Jen
Old 2008-05-12, 21:50   Link #27
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen526 View Post
Here's the CCCP Post I'm talking about, in response to a question in CCCP's faq about MKV's having either blinking subtitles or "huge syncing issues":
http://www.anime-legion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1309

I'm curious if y'all think the explanation there is a non-issue because fansubbers *are* doing things properly, if the performance compensators discussed here are workarounds for the fact that they're *not* doing it properly, or if the two issues are completely unrelated?
That description only applies to a small number of very old H.264 VFR MKV's (most of which were later v2'ed) muxed with mkvmerge versions older than 1.5.1. In fact the problem is so ancient that I seriously doubt that there are any fansubs at all that suffers from it; no fansubber at the time was using MKV or H.264, much less VFR MKV's. Your problem is most likely insufficient CPU power.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Tags
mkv