AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-08, 18:28   Link #21321
tsunade666

I didn't use nasu terms on my last post about vampires. Its true that they live old enough even in other fictional works. If I use nasu I will call them dead apostles

but considering that the vampires had living body that is not ethereal or spiritual. Its questionable if IB will kill their existence or consider them as alien being.

Plus we don't know how IB updates its data of the world or if it even changes though it probably is, depending in the age. Right now is the age of the human being. Thus it might consider things from the point of view of the humans but what of the past? how will a presco which is a mural or artwork or a building will function as imagine breaker? a cave too? in other works. Cave signify trial and purifying of minds. but does it function as the same IB that Touma has?

The information of imagine breaker is given but its an edited version based on cendrillon. Its not the complete one or maybe there are lies on it too. The one who has actual idea about it or research about is is dead so we can't confirm more from him and the ones remain that has clue on it wants to take advantage of it.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:28   Link #21322
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You did use Phantasmal beast, and Nasu is the only one I have hear using that term.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:34   Link #21323
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, vampires. So in the ToAruVerse, they're stronger than most mages, and the only ones of equal or greater strength than them are angel-class entities, right?
Old 2012-11-08, 19:36   Link #21324
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Ah, vampires. So in the ToAruVerse, they're stronger than most mages, and the only ones of equal or greater strength than them are angel-class entities, right?
Erm no- The theory is that since Magic uses Life Force, and Vampires being Immortals, they'll have an infinite magic source.

That's the theory anyway.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:38   Link #21325
Phibrizzo
Honos628

And memory and they body don't degraded (while humans reach a peak and its downfall from there... unless you name if Aliester, Laura and it seems Fiamma).
Old 2012-11-08, 20:19   Link #21326
tsunade666

Vassilisa the immortal witch that has the water of life and death is something along the lines of Aleister and Laura.

True I use phantasmal beast because of them being the supernatural creatures but the post I pertaining that I didn't use nasu terms is about the vampires an Imagine breaker and not the one before it when you said nasu terms.
Old 2012-11-08, 21:21   Link #21327
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
And memory and they body don't degraded (while humans reach a peak and its downfall from there... unless you name if Aliester, Laura and it seems Fiamma).
The memory limit in human was just a lie, remember?
Old 2012-11-08, 21:28   Link #21328
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
The memory limit in human was just a lie, remember?
The number is a lie but the limit does exist... It's just beyond your human life span.

A vampire, who is theoretically immortal, would have memories that surpass that.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:56   Link #21329
desrtsku
Nympholept

Oh, that's strange, should we put the vampires on the magic or science side if they do exist? 'cause while they are mostly known and feared by the magicians their official counter is (according to certain characters) a Gemstone, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
True I use phantasmal beast because of them being the supernatural creatures but the post I pertaining that I didn't use nasu terms is about the vampires an Imagine breaker and not the one before it when you said nasu terms.
My excuses, my brain auto-process those terms as such ... well vampire, origin and Phantasm in the same sentence reeks Nasu for me ... my excuses again
Old 2012-11-09, 07:10   Link #21330
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Oh, that's strange, should we put the vampires on the magic or science side if they do exist? 'cause while they are mostly known and feared by the magicians their official counter is (according to certain characters) a Gemstone, right?

My excuses, my brain auto-process those terms as such ... well vampire, origin and Phantasm in the same sentence reeks Nasu for me ... my excuses again
Vampires are creatures from magic side if we based it on the conversation of Aleister and Styl. From the director of academy city's way of speaking, that deep blood is the counter of vampire and if deep blood exist the existence that it meant to kill exist which is the vampire. Deep blood is from science side so the counterpart of it the vampire is from magic side.

Your reading too much nasu stuff. Read horizon or denyuden.
Old 2012-11-09, 08:58   Link #21331
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Deep blood is from science side so the counterpart of it the vampire is from magic side.
Eh ... where the hell does that "the counter is from the other side theory" come from?
Old 2012-11-09, 09:08   Link #21332
Javiersansano

When is an updated power chart gonna be released? because I agree with Touma-IB+Awakened presence being the third strongest, surpassed by aleister and Aiwass... but now we have to include Gremlin

I'm surprised that Ollerus is considered weaker than Accelerator, or that John Pen mode is so strong

finally, who is the blondie with a halo that is just below accelerator and Gabriel?

finally... Accelerator with the choker is stronger than without it?.... just check out accel's line, the second frame from the bottom is him on the train in Russia, and the previous one resembles him from the beginning

finally, what does each color square mean?

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2012-11-09 at 09:11. Reason: missing info
Old 2012-11-09, 09:39   Link #21333
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Those power charts aren't official... Or even very accurate. For example Accelerator was weakened when he had to begin relying on the chocker. I wouldn't put too much (or any really) stock into them if I were you.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:05   Link #21334
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
When is an updated power chart gonna be released? because I agree with Touma-IB+Awakened presence being the third strongest, surpassed by aleister and Aiwass... but now we have to include Gremlin

I'm surprised that Ollerus is considered weaker than Accelerator, or that John Pen mode is so strong

finally, who is the blondie with a halo that is just below accelerator and Gabriel?

finally... Accelerator with the choker is stronger than without it?.... just check out accel's line, the second frame from the bottom is him on the train in Russia, and the previous one resembles him from the beginning

finally, what does each color square mean?
I posted the latest ranking list up there...............

Ollerus is now S- rank....IE third highest tier. Angel Accelerator is A+

That other haloed Angel is Kazakiri Hyouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Those power charts aren't official... Or even very accurate. For example Accelerator was weakened when he had to begin relying on the chocker. I wouldn't put too much (or any really) stock into them if I were you.
Latest one just has Accelerator in Angel form and without Angel form. Even with the choker, he managed to take out a weakened Misha alongside Hyouka as well as deflect the Angel's Sweep. You greatly underestimate him.

Only issue I have with the new ranking really, is Umidori being on the same level as Kihara Kagun....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-11-09 at 10:16.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:45   Link #21335
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Problem is that rankings are all decided by fans. From 2ch, to be exact.

I'm interested to see which Saint will be battling the next time. For some reason, I'm hoping it to be Silvia involved in the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But it's time to cut your losses damnit! Abandon IS and focus all of your attention on to BakaTest already
Quote:
Agree. Teh_ping bro we need more baka-test
One year and a few months later, and I find myself remembering these...
Old 2012-11-09, 10:47   Link #21336
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
You make it sound like they are making no serious effort at it at all.....

It's the closest anyone has anyway and it's accurate enough for the most part
Old 2012-11-09, 10:49   Link #21337
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You make it sound like they are making no serious effort at it at all.....

It's the closest anyone has anyway and it's accurate enough for the most part
Yeah

No, I do appreciate the effort and such, and I do find them mostly accurate (thank goodness), but I wouldn't say that we should put our entire stock into it. It's like buying into Power Rankings for American sports.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:57   Link #21338
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

At least it's more concrete than the Shana one....despite so many Nico vids and threads for that series, Shana power ranking is still vague because well....Takahashi was always more concerned with character interaction....At least Kamachi isn't like that.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:59   Link #21339
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

I'm interested to see which Saint will be battling the next time. For some reason, I'm hoping it to be Silvia involved in the battle.

One year and a few months later, and I find myself remembering these...
For some reason, I don't think ALL the saints will be intruduced in the whole serie... had they been a pivotal element, then it would have made sense.

After reading vol. 19, I can only think that poor Kanzaki has been loosing recently... Actually, I would like to see how Knight Leader, Aqua or Kanzaki would fare against kakine & Accelerator
Old 2012-11-09, 11:46   Link #21340
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Latest one just has Accelerator in Angel form and without Angel form. Even with the choker, he managed to take out a weakened Misha alongside Hyouka as well as deflect the Angel's Sweep. You greatly underestimate him.
Woah, no one thinks Accelerator is awesome more than me. He was wondering if that the old chart which had him growing stronger after he got the choker was correct and I was telling him that no it wasn't. It's been stated in canon that he got weaker after the bullet to the brain.

My issue with the power charts is that although they do the best they can, power in this series isn't a strict linear progression. For example Touma isn't all that strong (without that invisible thing anyways) but because he's so skilled at using IB he can beat a lot of people higher up on the list then him. In short I'm saying although it shows how strong people are it doesn't show how powerful they are.... Am I making sense?

Although it's entirely possible that the new one does take all those factors into consideration, but I can't read Japanese so until someone makes a picture or translated version I'm not going to be able to read it. So if I'm sticking my foot into my mouth here let me know

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen