AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 21:12   Link #3881
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone one can recommend me a good with one with Strategy combat and maybe sand-box gaming like Kamdori series? Something not VN like.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:37   Link #3882
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

You could try every other Eushully game, perhaps. Though, I haven't personally touched any of their game.

Though I remember playing an "Enbou no Felsis" for a classic Dungeon Crawling RPG. The company which made it also made Gears of Dragoon but I haven't played that.

The aforementioned Rance was also strategy and if I remember right there was some kind of sand-box mode in it as well.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:41   Link #3883
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Isn't most other Erushlly games not translated? I am looking for a game with strategy, if possible. Like that Umwentrio (or however u spell it)
Old 2013-04-07, 21:55   Link #3884
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Isn't most other Erushlly games not translated? I am looking for a game with strategy, if possible. Like that Umwentrio (or however u spell it)
Oh, you need it translated? Hmm...Okay, in that case I don't know. I don't know which games have been translated (though again, the aforementioned Rance was already tl'ed). Btw, did you mean Utawarerumono? That reminds of Tears to Tiara, I think this one is already translated if I remember right.
Old 2013-04-08, 04:28   Link #3885
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Anyone one can recommend me a good with one with Strategy combat and maybe sand-box gaming like Kamdori series? Something not VN like.
Castle Fantasia 2 (rpg turned based battles, some dungeon crawl) - your question reminded me that every time I play this game, I stop at the same point in the story (where it gets better) then I stop playing for awhile. Then, I forget where I left off (since it's been months) so I start over and stop at the same point again. Therefore, I've never finished this game even though I love the art style and gameplay............ lol wtf is wrong with me!? (btw this game crashes frequently, it's pretty annoying)

Daibanchou Big Bang Age - it's very similar to Rance (same company), lots of planning required or else you'll get screwed.

--------------------
Has anyone here played Witch's Garden? I felt the story was pretty nice. The characters were great (although didn't even bother play through Ekurea's route, she pisses me off. ). Ayari is such a likeable character, it's hard not liking her. I was surprised how much Suzuno developed during her route, it made her story so satisfying. The "emote" system did a great job, a lot more than I expected it to. It wasn't difficult at all to get used to, although it did amaze me at first.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 05:52   Link #3886
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Has anyone here played Witch's Garden? I felt the story was pretty nice. The characters were great (although didn't even bother play through Ekurea's route, she pisses me off. ). Ayari is such a likeable character, it's hard not liking her. I was surprised how much Suzuno developed during her route, it made her story so satisfying. The "emote" system did a great job, a lot more than I expected it to. It wasn't difficult at all to get used to, although it did amaze me at first.
How dare you!? In so far, she's the cutest heroine, after Riri! No really, you were surprised with Suzuno? She'll surprise you even more when you get in her route.
I stopped at an awkward moment playing this, I only have Akari's route left but haven't gotten through it yet.
Old 2013-04-08, 06:17   Link #3887
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
How dare you!? In so far, she's the cutest heroine, after Riri! No really, you were surprised with Suzuno? She'll surprise you even more when you get in her route.
I stopped at an awkward moment playing this, I only have Akari's route left but haven't gotten through it yet.
I went through Suzuno's route already, it's what I was referring to when I mentioned her.
I've seen the CGs of Ekurea, it's all I need. I can see that she becomes some kinda cute cheerful person. I'm quite picky when it comes to tsunderes, I only like a specific type and range of them. Tsunderes tend to talk down on the MC, but it's mostly done for laughs or to hide their own insecurities. I don't think Ekurea is a tsun, not sure what she is, but the way she talks down on the MC just makes me feel really uncomfortable. Kinda reminds me of those "I'm better than thou" Ojou-sama types.

BTW, Ayari has 2 routes in case you didn't know, Normal ending and after that True ending (completely different stories, not just some adjustments to her first story). It's strongly implied that she's the main heroine. Not sure how others feel, but I felt both of Ayari's endings left me wanting more, I wasn't really satisfied with what happened. Unlike Suzuno's and Ririko's ending, the former was very satisfying and the latter was pretty darn cool.
Old 2013-04-08, 06:36   Link #3888
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
BTW, Ayari has 2 routes in case you didn't know, Normal ending and after that True ending (completely different stories, not just some adjustments to her first story). It's strongly implied that she's the main heroine. Not sure how others feel, but I felt both of Ayari's endings left me wanting more, I wasn't really satisfied with what happened. Unlike Suzuno's and Ririko's ending, the former was very satisfying and the latter was pretty darn cool.
Mhm, I had the feeling they couldn't handle Ayari's first ending in a better way without pulling a miracle-ending. At least you could think that the h-scenes in Ayari 1 had a purpose
As for her true ending:
Spoiler for Ayari 2:
Old 2013-04-08, 07:03   Link #3889
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
I went through Suzuno's route already, it's what I was referring to when I mentioned her.
I kinda meant it this way though, sorry if that was confusing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde
No really, you were surprised with Suzuno? Eclair will surprise you even more when you get in Eclair's route.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:43   Link #3890
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Castle Fantasia 2 (rpg turned based battles, some dungeon crawl) - your question reminded me that every time I play this game, I stop at the same point in the story (where it gets better) then I stop playing for awhile. Then, I forget where I left off (since it's been months) so I start over and stop at the same point again. Therefore, I've never finished this game even though I love the art style and gameplay............ lol wtf is wrong with me!? (btw this game crashes frequently, it's pretty annoying)

Daibanchou Big Bang Age - it's very similar to Rance (same company), lots of planning required or else you'll get screwed.

--------------------
How good is Castle F? I download it but didn't bother unzip it yet. Too much work and IRL stuff to enjoy. Does Castle F has any kind of sandbox activity, like building your castle or anything, or just dungeon crawl-->Rom Com--->H scene--->Battle...etc?

I am looking for something strat related more than a generic RPG...but understandable if that is asking too much.
Old 2013-04-08, 13:45   Link #3891
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Any good Imouto VNs lately?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:45   Link #3892
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Any good Imouto VNs lately?
Well, Imouto Paradise 2 is coming out.... maybe next month, I'm not sure.

Perhaps Kurano-kun chi futago jijou?
Old 2013-04-08, 20:52   Link #3893
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Well, Imouto Paradise 2 is coming out.... maybe next month, I'm not sure.

Perhaps Kurano-kun chi futago jijou?
Played Imouto Paradise 1, finished Aya and Rio. Kurano, I finished Tomoka (twincest is best xD)

Old 2013-04-09, 02:19   Link #3894
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
How good is Castle F? I download it but didn't bother unzip it yet. Too much work and IRL stuff to enjoy. Does Castle F has any kind of sandbox activity, like building your castle or anything, or just dungeon crawl-->Rom Com--->H scene--->Battle...etc?

I am looking for something strat related more than a generic RPG...but understandable if that is asking too much.
Castle Fantasia 2 is okay I suppose, don't expect too much. I'm not sure how far I got in the story before stopping, and it's been at least 2 years since I played it, so I might not remember too well. There is no building in the game, it's pretty much what you're assuming there with arrows.

Quote:
Played Imouto Paradise 1, finished Aya and Rio. Kurano, I finished Tomoka (twincest is best xD)
Oh god... Kurano Family was a fantastic game, it suited my taste very well. Tomoka and Emma are my favorites. I don't think I've ever liked a Tsundere more than Tomoka. And Emma, oh man, don't get me started, I'll drool if I start talking about her LOL. She's #1 for imoutos for me. Her seiyuu is my #2 of my favorites now. (which reminds me... I was suppose to make an avatar of Emma )
Old 2013-04-09, 02:33   Link #3895
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Hmm...!? I just checked around, Kurano Family is by Cube? I might want to check that sometime.

Btw, speaking of CUBE/cuffs, does anyone else think that all their illustrators have a similar style? This Kurano looks a little like gayarou's, but turned out it's a different artist. Even kantoku's works sometimes emit a similar style though it's quite a lot more differentiated. I wonder if there's a story behind this.
Old 2013-04-09, 02:39   Link #3896
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Hmm...!? I just checked around, Kurano Family is by Cube? I might want to check that sometime.
Just a small warning, Kurano Family is 100% blood related incest. If that's really not your thing, then stay away. And there's no "but you're related, you can't love each other" kinda thing. I found it relaxing something like that wasn't brought up, heck, it's even accepted that the MC can love his own sisters.
Old 2013-04-09, 06:21   Link #3897
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

There are too many imouto VNs, but not enough oneesan VNs for oneesan lovers...

So I'm going to play Ane ni Kono Natsu tonight.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 07:58   Link #3898
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
There are too many imouto VNs, but not enough oneesan VNs for oneesan lovers...

So I'm going to play Ane ni Kono Natsu tonight.
i dont mind onee-san vns, just looking for the consensual wincest theme. Remembered playing Aneimo 2 a long time ago.

I also cant wait for Lass's new VN.

Old 2013-04-09, 08:30   Link #3899
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I also cant wait for Lass's new VN.
You mean Shoujo Shin'iki ~ Shoujo Tengoku -The Garden of Fifth Zoa-?
I'm also waiting for this one, the imouto has silver hair, a double catch for me.
Old 2013-04-09, 08:37   Link #3900
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I'm also waiting for this one, the imouto has silver hair, a double catch for me.
Another plus for me is that she is voiced by Yukito Saori, who currently voices lots of imouto characters
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel