AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-05-18, 17:37   Link #61
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Yea, I had to watch it like 3 times to really get everything (the ending is sad EVERY time). The kids at the end im still having trouble getting, i think they represent something, but what I don't know. My summer has just started, my last summer as a High School Student, so I think now is the perfect time to rewatch it!
It is sad but soothing, I think drama's come off that way; like a drug or something.

Yea that's something interesting, summer after h.s. FL local? that's cool, same here... 'Think "Mickey"'=Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto
instead, they end with the kids on the beach, for a complete WTF?
Yeah, I wonder if it is any clearer in the game?
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 10:10   Link #62
hoshino_crimsonwings

The kid in the end isn't exactly "Wtf', since your "spirit" in the AIR universe can travel to anytime frame, when you see Yukito disappearing infront of Misuzu's bed, he returns to the past; he finds Misuzu (Or she finds him) when she's at school; trying to get classmates to hang out with her (In which she fails). The "Kid" in the end is actually Yukito, and the girl is Misuzu (reincarnated like Yukito). That's what I heard somewhere.
Old 2006-05-21, 08:57   Link #63
beef jerky

k.. i think i understand..

spoilers:
Spoiler:
In the end the 2 kids at the beach are Kanna and Ryuya because on ep. 9 uraha tells ryuya that when the curse breaks kanna will be able to live the cycle of life again and on ep. 12 the voice says that the last child bearing the memories of the stars will have happy memeories. Misuzu being one with inherited memories is able to have happy memories in the end which has to mean that the curse is broken because it is said "the last child who bears memories shall have happy ones." With her being the last one that means the curse is broken which means those to kids have to be kanna and ryuya.

This is all i my opinion but if u have any comments about it or questions feel free to post.
beef jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 18:56   Link #64
Semaj

I think the two kids at the end are reincarnations of Yukito and Kanna/Misuzu.
Spoiler:
Now does anyone know what the name of Minagi's other sister is and what job does Haruko have before Misuzu's death? And should I watch Air the movie/Air Ep 13 after I finish the serie's Ep 1-12 and summer specials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
Regarding H scenes, I could care less for them in any game but obviously there is a significant group of Key fans, in Japan at least that want them.

The outrage by them over Key's "clean" CLANNAD is a good example, forcing Key to make a adult version semi sequel to the sotry.
I'll never though that will happen. What is name of this sequel?

Last edited by Semaj; 2006-05-23 at 03:08.
Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 06:23   Link #65
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj
I think the two kids at the end are reincarnations of Yukito and Kanna/Misuzu.
Spoiler:
Now does anyone know what the name of Minagi's other sister is and what job does Haruko have before Misuzu's death? And should I watch Air the movie/Air Ep 13 after I finish the serie's Ep 1-12 and summer specials?

I'll never though that will happen. What is name of this sequel?

The purpose of Haruko being there before Misuzu's death was so that she could have a second chance actually acting as a real mother for Misuzu. This opportunity only came after Yukito sacrificed himself and reincarnated as Sora. Misuzu being able to spend time with Haruko that summer made it 'complete' for her before she passed away.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 07:24   Link #66
Amaranthine

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 16:35   Link #67
Semaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 08:34   Link #68
Amaranthine

Quote:
Spoiler:
I wasn't sure, but I didn't have time to go through the Summer arc and check. Your thoughts on that seem to be right then, and it still fits with my theory.

Spoiler:
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 13:16   Link #69
hoshino_crimsonwings

Interesting read, I'm glad there are so many AIR fans still. <3 that anime alot. About the girl and the kid in the end, as I previously mentioned; in AIR, "spirits" can travel into any time and any place, that's how Yukito traveled back in time when he became the Crow, and thus possibly how he transformed into the kid as well. Notice that the scene where the kid meets Yukito and Misuzu, I think it was the end of the first episode?
Old 2006-05-27, 07:04   Link #70
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Earlier. It was between the OP of the first episode and the beginning of the episode, if I remember correctly. It's when Misuzu said she spent the afternoon sitting next to the sleeping Yukito, watching the kids play on the beach, and wishing that he would wake up and they could play together.

As for Kanna wanting to go to the beach - that was in one of the Summer Special episodes wasn't it? I'm planning on watching AIR again soon, after my exams are over in two weeks. And the Summer Special is almost as sad in it's own way as the final two episodes of the AIR arc - if only for the horrible irony of Kanna's final words to the gorgeous little bunny she adopts.

I miss waiting until 3am to watch the latest episode of AIR. Strange, but true.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-05-27, 07:19   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
I miss waiting until 3am to watch the latest episode of AIR. Strange, but true.
Heh, thats a feeling that shall never go away.

Ah well, almost Summer - Air rewatch time. ^_^
Old 2006-05-27, 15:11   Link #72
martino
makes no files now

Hi,

I watched Air(movie) recently and as I read through this thread afterwards I noticed that I should have watched the series first. Well anyway...there is something that I'm unsure about.

1) Misuzu is a winged human with the curse, right? And how did she end up having the curse?

2) I have read something before about Crow in this thread, but it all got mixed up in my head. Could someone please explain who "Crow" is and what his part in the story is.

Please explain this questions to me in relation to the movie, because I'm planning on watching the series after my exams(just three more days!).

Thank You(I hope that my request doesn't sound somehow rude)

Last edited by martino; 2006-05-28 at 13:41.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 00:46   Link #73
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Please explain this questions to me in relation to the movie, because I'm planning on watching the series after my exams(just three more days!).
It's probably best to think of the movie and the anime as two completely different stories. They happen to share the same characters and setting, but other than that, there's really not much of a direct relationship between the two. The movie is a more or less conventional tragic love story, paralleling Yukito/Misuzu with the legend of Ryuuya/Kanna. The anime is, well, a lot more than that.

Like your question, this is not meant to be rude at all -- I just don't want to spoil anything for you. But with that said, the best answer I can give is to suggest that you watch the anime, then come back and join in the fun of figuring it all out.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 19:13   Link #74
combat kitten

Ao sora vocal?

I was wondering if the last episode in Air, the one with singing the vocal version of Ao sora, if not can anyone give me some info on it pwease :< thank you :3
combat kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 22:43   Link #75
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Wait, what are you wondering again?
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 01:58   Link #76
combat kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
Wait, what are you wondering again?
was wondering if thats what the song is called o_o
aosora vocal ?
im thinking of going to my local anime shop if that song is in the cd.
combat kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 03:21   Link #77
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat kitten
was wondering if thats what the song is called o_o
aosora vocal ?
im thinking of going to my local anime shop if that song is in the cd.
It's just called aozora, or 青空 if you prefer. The instrumental version that you hear several times during the series is called giniro, or 銀色. Both are on the AIR original soundtrack (tracks 22 and 23), which you can get from amazon.co.jp at http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...Fencoding=UTF8, or himeyashop at http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...roducts_id/695, and probably from other places as well...I just mention those two because I've had good luck with them so far. But if your local anime shop has it, or can get it for you, then by all means support them.

I hope this helps...
Old 2006-06-01, 08:45   Link #78
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
The artist who performs Aozora is LIA from I've Sound - for more of her work, check out her site - note it's a Japanese only site.

And another place to pick up the AIR OST that I've had good experiences with is AnimeJungle - check under their Game Music section.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-06-01, 23:20   Link #79
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Does giniro actually mean "silver color"?
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 23:57   Link #80
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
Does giniro actually mean "silver color"?
Yes -- that's the literal meaning of the kanji used. I'm not sure why they gave that version of the song a different name, but I assume it's a reference to that line in the bridge that translates to something like "Summer has come again, silvery light casts our shadows on the water". Maybe it's because the shortened instrumental version is just a shadow or reflection of the full version of the song?