AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 22:28   Link #61
Archmagination2002

I am also with Wavedash.. I went seriously WTF for most of this episode. I am not even sure if I will be able to stomach watching the 2nd episode. Everything after Touka disappeared was especially confusing...
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 22:50   Link #62
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
aw come on..the sex scene was behind a curtain for gods sake. Anyway, i have seen Moonlight Lady and till now, except character design, i dont see any other similarity.
remember how the mother's eye went black out just like how the main female character did from moonlight lady
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:22   Link #63
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

ya..but that happens in a lot of anime..and the weird tree having the weird red flowers in Moonlight lady are missing..
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:37   Link #64
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
ya..but that happens in a lot of anime..and the weird tree having the weird red flowers in Moonlight lady are missing..
well, this 1 is very alike between the 2 of them

its like both of the characters r being possessed, even the way the eyes look r very detailed similar
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:41   Link #65
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
I watched this earlier today and after it was done, I literally said, "WTF did I just watch?" It was pretty though X: But I doubt I'll actually see this through the end D;
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:53   Link #66
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I just remembered something, the guy with the red eye, when he saw the possessed Yuriko a rock fell out of his eye. Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? Like was he released from some kind of curse because of that?
Old 2007-04-05, 00:54   Link #67
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..i think the possesed look the same because both series have artwork from CARNELIAN. As for the concept and what is good and what is bad..lets just wait out..i m pretty sure no one knows what exactly is going on except the story writer hopefully
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 01:45   Link #68
ZODDGUTS

This.... was really confusing I understood some of the story... I think.

That girl that was shot was that Touka's real mother? That guy with the Crystal in the eye was saying that blond hair girl wasn't her. In the flashback scene you see a young Touka playing with a ball it had the same female there that was shot so I assume that was indeed Touka's real mother? Did Touka's mother posses that blond hair girl? I'm probably wrong about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I just remembered something, the guy with the red eye, when he saw the possessed Yuriko a rock fell out of his eye. Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? Like was he released from some kind of curse because of that?
Don't know what the Crystal thing was about did it give him powers or what? Not sure what was the point in him having that crystal thing in his eye.

Not sure if I would like to continue watching this. I'll give it another episode or two but if it continues this way of story telling I'm bailing out.

BTW About Moonlight Lady I liked it wish some of the story was a bit more fleshed out like who the hell was that girl in the cave that look exactly like the main blue hair female character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 01:46   Link #69
issei

my general impression of the first episode is that it's a convoluted fetishistic mess. i can see why people would be interested in it, but it's definitely not for me.
Old 2007-04-05, 04:48   Link #70
dr. fnord
jui kuen

ah yes, my favorite anime gimmick: drop the viewer into an incomprehensible world where people have odd powers and messy shenanigans are already underway from the word go.

though it didn't seem to work here, mainly for the lack of any discernible, contiguous protagonist with the possible exception of the writer broad, who sank herself with that wretched sobbing scene. I'd like to like it, but outside of that flashback bloodbath/creepy red eye+pops behind the curtain sequence(s?), just too dang sissified.
dr. fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 04:54   Link #71
usagijen

Confusing... T___T
Although the fanservice per se (in the first episode) didn't really put me off that much, that favservice + the convoluted story did =____=''''

I don't think I'd want to follow an anime this confusing, except if it sort of makes up for all this "mess" in about 1 or 2 more eps... x.X
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 06:03   Link #72
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i agree. if this isn't understandable by the beginning of ep 3 then i am not going to bother, regardless of how pretty it is.

i'm glad someone subbed it so fast though. it helps... a little. they did a nice job i thought.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 08:13   Link #73
inaho

this is shoujo ai right?
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:36   Link #74
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I know I'm sticking with this show because it is confusing. I love being left with questions after a show. Does that make me seem like some sick freak...
Old 2007-04-05, 10:11   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished 1st ep...and what the hell just happened ~desu ?
I'll be damned if i understood any of it, starting with the story and characters, and ending with Touka's gender. (So... is he a boy then ? Because i know i can't tell by looking at him/her )

Kinda reminds me of the 1st ep of Moonlight Lady *cough* - you can't figure out what is going on even if it kills you ~desu (And i hope this doesn't turn out like Moonlight Lady, where nothing gets explained in the end )

The animation is nice though, and i will keep watching this, even if only to find out what is going on

Voice acting for Yuriko crying scene was terrible.

...so, the Touka and Momoka we see in the end are reincarnations of Touka/Momoka we got to see at the beginning or something ?

...I think my brain needs a time-out from trying to comprehend everything that just happened ~desu.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:24   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Let's be comfortable with uncertainty. Not everything should have to be tied up in a neat and banal package for us. We will know in two or three episodes if this is confusion for the sake of confusion or confusion for the sake of dramatic art. The visual and aural beauty, the good voice-acting, and the interesting snippets of relationship -- Touka (f) and Yumiko (Yuriko?), Touka (m) and Momoka, Nene and everyone, eyeshard guy and his father -- will definitely keep me going at least that long.

This is set in a similar world to Moonlight Lady (Kao no Nai Tsuki), but the characters are different. I've only watched 1.5 episodes of that. The rough, non-consensual sex scenes (which weren't the only sex scenes) turned me off. Maybe I'll go back and watch the rest sometime. Anyway, that show involved a family with some sort of magical powers. The show had both yuri and heterosexual (not exactly "straight") scenes.

I don't understand what's going on in ep1, either, but I do have a few ideas:
Spoiler for ep1 possible explanations:
That's probably largely wrong, but anyway it's a start. I do find it kind of disturbing how many people seem to blame the show when they don't understand, rather than thinking the show might be a step ahead of them, rather than a step behind. Since all the production values are so high, you might imagine that the director and writer are not stupid: after all, they did Yami to Boushi to Hon together, and the writer directed Zettai Shounen.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-05 at 15:38.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:57   Link #77
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Let's be comfortable with uncertainty. Not everything should have to be tied up in a neat and banal package for us. We will know in two or three episodes if this is confusion for the sake of confusion or confusion for the sake of dramatic art. The visual and aural beauty, the good voice-acting, and the interesting snippets of relationship -- Touka (f) and Yumiko (Yuriko?), Touka (m) and Momoka, Nene and everyone, eyeshard guy and his father -- will definitely keep me going at least that long.

This is set in a similar world to Moonlight Lady (Kao no Nai Tsuki), but the characters are different. I've only watched 1.5 episodes of that. The rough, non-consensual sex scenes (which weren't the only sex scenes) turned me off. Maybe I'll go back and watch the rest sometime. Anyway, that show involved a family with some sort of magical powers. The show had both yuri and heterosexual (not exactly "straight") scenes.

I don't understand what's going on in ep1, either, but I do have a few ideas:
Spoiler for ep1 possible explanations:
That's probably largely wrong, but anyway it's a start.
Actually, that explanation makes a lot of sense. If your speculation is on the right track, then that flashback has some kind of connection on what's going on.
Old 2007-04-05, 13:23   Link #78
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I know I'm sticking with this show because it is confusing. I love being left with questions after a show. Does that make me seem like some sick freak...
Kinda like watching Yami to Boushi but only different but Yami to Boushi is also confusing since it involves too many branching stories....well that's just me anyway. I'll stick around this one and see where it would lead
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 15:18   Link #79
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

What the hell!!!!!!

What is this?

The animation and the character design is pretty but the plot......;I didn't understand anything.That's the worst first ep I have ever seen.Even the worst show begins to explain the plot in the first ep.

I am going to keep watching because I can't believe a studio would throw so much money and talent on nonsense but this is really weird.
Old 2007-04-05, 15:40   Link #80
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Kinda like watching Yami to Boushi but only different but Yami to Boushi is also confusing since it involves too many branching stories....well that's just me anyway. I'll stick around this one and see where it would lead

I had to rewatch the part about the sword girl getting on the train and disappearing but I understood it once i pay more attentation to it. Yami's first is no where near as confusing as Touka's first ep. I mean at least there is no Kurogane Doctrine in play in Yami compare to Touka.

I am still waiting for the Maids to fondle someone.

Tags
bishoujo, deen, orbit, romance, root, supernatural