AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 44.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 19.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-28, 21:13   Link #221
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I ended up buying some molds and learning how to make my own taiyaki --- it tastes a hell of a lot better fresh than the midget packaged ones I used to buy from the import store. Next on the list to learn is takoyaki (octopus hushpuppy fritter things). Okonomiyaki I've finally gotten a grip on though getting it to cook all the way through is tricksy.
(meanwhile she-who-is-cute-and-must-be-obeyed is working through various korean and indian recipes)

Should I mention that I'm in anime limbo since nothing I'm watching has had a drop in a week? (withers into dust).
Old 2007-06-28, 21:53   Link #222
lftwgr

Quote:
Should I mention that I'm in anime limbo since nothing I'm watching has had a drop in a week? (withers into dust).
Actually, the withdrawal symptoms aren't so bad for me - the only real sense of loss is lucky star ep12... otherwise, the other series (sola, Claymore, Kaze no Stigma, Seto no Hanayome) are doing well. Also, I'm looking up older gems like Suzuka and Mahoromatic (something which earned me an infraction yesterday ).

I wished ep12 could get out faster though.

Last edited by lftwgr; 2007-06-28 at 22:25.
Old 2007-06-28, 22:16   Link #223
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Same here though - no releases this week... Lucky thing I've got Hare+Guu to keep me entertained. Gawd, I love that show.
Old 2007-06-29, 00:51   Link #224
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, yeah, I'm not exactly bored. Many tasks on my queue are simply unavoidable since I don't have a new shiny anime episode to distract me.

I have a pile of anime series on backlog I could watch but I'd rather wait til I can 'marathon' them to start any of those.
Old 2007-06-29, 01:17   Link #225
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Many tasks on my queue are simply unavoidable since I don't have a new shiny anime episode to distract me.
Ooh, ooh, that's good to hear. ..I mean, um, it's too bad there aren't any new releases this week for you either but, y'know, it's cool to get stuff done.
Old 2007-06-29, 02:20   Link #226
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well Canada is pretty much a multi-cultural country in every sense of the word. As such a lot of convenience stores stock foods from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds. One store I know of sells specially prepared Halal meat. Another sells Pocky, Yum Chew candy, Japanese potato chips, Black Black gum, all kinds of Japanese Candy, Pretz, Pocari Sweat, Calpis and many other import foods as well as just regular pepsi, coke and Lays Potato Chips and is sandwiched between an urban clothing store and TD Canada Trust Bank (If I recall, I'm dead certain on the urban clothing store though). So if you are ever in Hamilton, Ontario people, be sure to stop by Jackson Square and head to the DoReMi store, you'll know it in an instant based on all the posters of Asian Movie Stars and the manic store logo.

Then you too can be like Konata and Kagami and enjoy delicious Banana Pocky and Ramen Noodles.
you are darn lucky...for here being "multi cultural" by name doesnt mean multi cultural by nature unfortunately (unless you want stereotyped crap like ZOMG pawn crackers, convients stores here are far from that in terms of what i want O.o)

and this show being one of those i wont even sniff the raw cause it will just be a waste of time ~ im already feeling the impact of the delay >_<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-29, 03:15   Link #227
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Please forgive me for the possible outburst.

No, they are absolutely not the same. American Cup Noodles are filled with salt, bad flavor, westernized vegetables that don't fit in soup whatsoever, and fake vegetarian meat. I was overjoyed to see them when I first moved to the US, and the moment I tasted them I deflated. It is just not the same, and it is worse.

The kind of cup noodles they market in Asia (well...I'll tell you what I had in Hong Kong) had pretty believable flavors. The seafood kind had faux cuttlefish, faux shrimp, faux crab, and lettuce. The beef kind had actual slices of beef in it, and vegetables are usually scallion rather than green peas. There's also a chicken and mushroom flavor that had actual pieces of chicken and mushroom. They are awesome.

So yeah...when I go back to Hong Kong on mid-July, I'm going to eat a lot of those.

Sorry...back to your topics before I get too hungry.
I thought so. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 2008-04-28, 13:15   Link #228
Dee Eon

Ramen Switcheroo??

Hi!

Anyone notice that somehow Konata's Cup-o-Ramen turned from curry into seafood in three seconds? Wow! Instant variety!

BTW, can anyone i.d. the brand if it's a real one?

Thanks!

Dee
Old 2008-05-02, 23:00   Link #229
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
Hi!

Anyone notice that somehow Konata's Cup-o-Ramen turned from curry into seafood in three seconds? Wow! Instant variety!

BTW, can anyone i.d. the brand if it's a real one?

Thanks!

Dee
Her ramen changed because well...they're two separate occasions. On the first, she commented how it takes so long, and decided she should read while waiting the next time she prepares ramen. We saw how well that went.

I've eaten both flavors. They're both from Nissin (which, to my immense confusion, cannot produce the same great flavors and settled for salted crap here in the US). The seafood one is an acquired taste - very crabby and squidy, which I'm used to. The curry one tends to be a bit overpowering. I wish I can find them in a store here... I really miss them.
Closed Thread