AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-28, 16:11   Link #21
Blaat

Game looks awesome shame I'll never get to play it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 12:23   Link #22
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Which reminds me. Back in the heydays of Zaft vs. Alliance/Feddie/Omni/Logos/Whatever II, me and a friend devised the ultimate insult to the Gundam pilots by having Shinn Asuka piloting the Strike Freedom, while confining Kira Yamato in the cockpit of the Destiny.

Then we duked it out. Boy, it was fun.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 12:33   Link #23
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Reminds me off that old macross plus game on the PSX. My friend had one. Miss those days. =o
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 23:51   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Anyone without a niconico account, post your request of a unit you'd like to see in action for this game and I'll see if I can find it on niconico. If I can, I'll repost it on Youtube to make it easier to access for people.

For Now: Soshie Heim In Kapool and Garrod Ran (assumed) In Gundam X vs. Heero Yuy (assumed) in Wing Gundam and Anavel Gato (assumed) in GP02A Physalis

Also: Uso Ebbing In V2 Gundam and Soshie Heim in Kapool vs. Emma Sheen (assumed) In Gundam MK II and Kou Uraki (assumed) In GP03 Dendrobium Stamen.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-11-01 at 01:17.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 04:16   Link #25
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Heh heh, every possible C.E. unit would be nice ; ) Legend and Providence being top priority, followed by Impulses, Aegis, Saviour, Murasame's and Zaku's (the C.E. ones, especially Blaze Zaku Phantom).
Thanks!
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 04:25   Link #26
Blaat

Seeing Turn X in action would be awesome, that suit needs more love from the fandom.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 11:15   Link #27
Kikuchi

Anyone knows if a console port has already being announced ?

(Please let it be a PS2 game,
please let it be a PS2 game,
please let it be a PS2 game
m(-_-)m)
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:00   Link #28
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Heh heh, every possible C.E. unit would be nice ; ) Legend and Providence being top priority, followed by Impulses, Aegis, Saviour, Murasame's and Zaku's (the C.E. ones, especially Blaze Zaku Phantom).
Thanks!
There's always OMNI vs. ZAFT 2, why bother waiting? Unless you want to see Impulse splitting its body in half to avoid an attack(What now, OPEN GET dodging tactic from ACE3?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Anyone knows if a console port has already being announced ?

(Please let it be a PS2 game,
please let it be a PS2 game,
please let it be a PS2 game
m(-_-)m)
No info about what arcade motherboard it will be released on(what was it called? System256?), but I can't imagine Bandai not snapping up the chance to release the game on consoles to rake in more moolah.

6 months(or whatever time) after, when the arcade version rakes in enough moolah for their standards, of course.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:04   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Kira (Assumed) in Freedom Gundam Vs. Random CPU Opponents

Athrun In Aegis Gundam and Master Asia (assumed) In Master Gundam Vs. Aegis Gundam and Kira (assumed) in Freedom Gundam

And one for me:

Uso in Victory Gundam & Kira in Freedom Gundam Vs Master Asia In Master Gundam & Sazabi

Sorry, no Turn X videos yet. There is a Gundam X video though that makes Kira beam spamming look like a workout.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-11-03 at 13:20.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 15:28   Link #30
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post

6 months(or whatever time) after, when the arcade version rakes in enough moolah for their standards, of course.
Not to mention the PS2/PS3 versions alway get tons of extras. When the Strike Noir made it into Zaft vs II, you have no idea how overjoyed I was. Its my favorite gundam to use in the game!

You even get to fight the Star Gazer!

- Tak
Old 2007-11-03, 21:13   Link #31
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not to mention the PS2/PS3 versions alway get tons of extras. When the Strike Noir made it into Zaft vs II, you have no idea how overjoyed I was. Its my favorite gundam to use in the game!

- Tak
Looks like we're facing the same situation here, what with an imminent DX game coming along with a recent series. So in that case, I wonder would they grab the cash potential and add in Exia as a surprise...? :3

Though I remember that Noir probably didn't have enough time to go through proper balancing, since it was one helluva broken suit.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 21:57   Link #32
Tak

Yeah, that Strike Noir wiped the floor against the best Kira and Athrun had to offer.

It didn't just survive, it prevailed! Sendin' em back crying to their mothers.

Why OMNI decided not to produce any more of them in the course of Destiny is beyond me.

- Tak
Old 2007-11-04, 02:47   Link #33
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Strike Noir is actually already available in the arcade version and they didn't bother to balance it for the PS2 version. Neither was Launcher Strike. <_> Both Launcher Strike and Strike Noir are the most broken suits in AVZ 2.

Now for Gundam vs Gundam, the most broken suit so far is Freedom. It now has a move that allows it to use speed cancel anytime. *A*;
Old 2007-11-04, 04:58   Link #34
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Looks like Gotcha Force with gundams...

That certainly can't be a bad thing...
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 09:29   Link #35
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Now for Gundam vs Gundam, the most broken suit so far is Freedom. It now has a move that allows it to use speed cancel anytime. *A*;
Well, look it on the bright side, at least that is fairly realistic.

After all, the Freedom is, by all means, a broken suit.

- Tak
Old 2007-11-04, 11:05   Link #36
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
There's always OMNI vs. ZAFT 2, why bother waiting? Unless you want to see Impulse splitting its body in half to avoid an attack(What now, OPEN GET dodging tactic from ACE3?).
Many reasons, but perhaps most important of all is that AvsZ2+ is by all means underworked. They should have put more love into it!

First most important thing for me (and my friend with whom I played AvsZ and AvsZ2+ many times) is Dragoon controls. They SUCK. I understand that dual shock is not a keyboard and that not everybody is newtype-coordinator-marvel superhero triple combo, but come on, you can't even send a single dragoon above an enemy. You could do incredible hardcore with more complicated and developed control system.
Besides I just love Legend ; )

Second is that controls for mobile suits are generally underdeveloped. Why only Strike Noir can do those jumps? Where are reload abilities of some Zakus, where are Freedom's hip cannons, etc?

Besides, how long can you keep playing the same thing? I can forsee the upcoming duels between me in Legend/Strike Freedom vs my friend in Hi Nu, and stuff like that :P
Not everybody has ACE3, heck neither ACE was available in my country, nor I can see any torrent for them -_-"

Oh, and I support the request for X Gundam too, true it demands more love from fandom!
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 12:00   Link #37
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
First most important thing for me (and my friend with whom I played AvsZ and AvsZ2+ many times) is Dragoon controls. They SUCK. I understand that dual shock is not a keyboard and that not everybody is newtype-coordinator-marvel superhero triple combo, but come on, you can't even send a single dragoon above an enemy. You could do incredible hardcore with more complicated and developed control system.
Because it'll be more broken. The Dragoon works pretty good this way already. Beside, I always end up 1 or 2 Dragoon above or below the enemy. No one stands still to see you release those Dragoons. Know how to place them is the key here.

Why only Strike Noir can do the aerobic shot? Would you like to see every suit able to do that? What make Strike Noir unique? Furthermore, it don't have a shield <_<. Those jump is its only evade method.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 15:30   Link #38
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 17:01.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 16:30   Link #39
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Many reasons, but perhaps most important of all is that AvsZ2+ is by all means underworked. They should have put more love into it!

Second is that controls for mobile suits are generally underdeveloped. Why only Strike Noir can do those jumps? Where are reload abilities of some Zakus, where are Freedom's hip cannons, etc?

Besides, how long can you keep playing the same thing? I can forsee the upcoming duels between me in Legend/Strike Freedom vs my friend in Hi Nu, and stuff like that :P
Not everybody has ACE3, heck neither ACE was available in my country, nor I can see any torrent for them -_-"

Oh, and I support the request for X Gundam too, true it demands more love from fandom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Because it'll be more broken. The Dragoon works pretty good this way already. Beside, I always end up 1 or 2 Dragoon above or below the enemy. No one stands still to see you release those Dragoons. Know how to place them is the key here.

Why only Strike Noir can do the aerobic shot? Would you like to see every suit able to do that? What make Strike Noir unique? Furthermore, it don't have a shield <_<. Those jump is its only evade method.
Indeed, in the hands of a player who knows what he is doing, Legend is a monster and it's the same with Providence. The ability to send dragoons in any amount you want is already good enough and giving them further controls over the dragoons will make them overpowered. Plus both of them have something called dragoon-step, but i recommend you to check that out in the FAQ on gamefaqs.

I guess I can understand why Empire will think the game will get old. Unlike the arcade which allows 2 vs 2(in other words: 4 players), you're only limited to 1 on 1. Due to those reasons, many suits don't get to shine unless you team them up with another human player who knows what he is doing. All the fun, teamwork and competitiveness the original arcade versions are definitely lost in console ports. I think the only VS games that had 4 players was Gundam vs Zeta. It's available for both LAN and online(in the japanese version). I don't know exactly why they didn't have those functions for AVZ 1 and 2 too. But i guess it's just that the arcade scene is good enough and it's kind of like a japan only thing. You can only pray that they bring that back when the console port for gundam vs gundam comes out.
Old 2007-11-04, 16:56   Link #40
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 17:01.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote