AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-12-19, 22:25   Link #61
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
Is it possible that it may go the DBZ GT (eww) route and go on its own story that is not covered in one of the visual novels or manga?

What I would like to see is some sort of conclusion for the Nekogoroshi-hen special. Seeing no conclusion for the mystery surrounding the mine quarry just kinda...annoys me.

Though, at the same time, it's nice to still have something on Higurashi to think on after season 2 ended.
In the past, Ryukishi07 has shown him very specific to how his series would be animated, so even filler would probably be done under his supervision again.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 22:40   Link #62
Captain Spyro
Captain of the Dragonfury

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Spyro Send a message via AIM to Captain Spyro Send a message via MSN to Captain Spyro Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Spyro
You have a good point then. Should be interesting, regardless.
Captain Spyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 23:34   Link #63
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
What I would like to see is some sort of conclusion for the Nekogoroshi-hen special. Seeing no conclusion for the mystery surrounding the mine quarry just kinda...annoys me.
What is there left to conclude? The Yamainu are keeping the gas they have for the emergency plan at the mine quarry... and that's it.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 01:24   Link #64
Captain Spyro
Captain of the Dragonfury

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Spyro Send a message via AIM to Captain Spyro Send a message via MSN to Captain Spyro Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Spyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
What is there left to conclude? The Yamainu are keeping the gas they have for the emergency plan at the mine quarry... and that's it.
I guess you're right. When I first watched the special, it was a few weeks before I decided to delve into Higurashi Kai and wasn't long after watching the first season. I figured there was some connection between that and the business with the town massacre, but I didn't fully catch it. Ah well.

Still though, I can't help but feel that it could be fleshed out a little more, but oh well. *Shrugs.*
Captain Spyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 01:31   Link #65
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

True Spyro, they could have "fleshed out" a bit more. Anyway the connection with the organization "Yaminau" to the village massacre was for an experiment. As it was stated when the "Queen Carrier" dies, the rest of the village will be affected (don't want to spoil it for the people who haven't seen the ending of season two). With that they were possibly going to use the Himazawa sydrome to their use.

Anyway if season three doesn't get cancelled. I hope they do the recent PS2 arcs and maybe do a comical relief episode with the extra arcs. I found the arc with Rena falling in love with Keichii hilarious.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 02:39   Link #66
cereal_killerxx

LIES! I heard this will be based off of another game in a similar series made by the same guy called "Umineko no naku koro ni" (When Seagulls Cry). It's supposed to have a similar premise to higurashi except they are a group of kids stranded on an island with mysteries.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 03:20   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
LIES! I heard this will be based off of another game in a similar series made by the same guy called "Umineko no naku koro ni" (When Seagulls Cry). It's supposed to have a similar premise to higurashi except they are a group of kids stranded on an island with mysteries.
First, please avoid usng "i heard" without bringing at least proof to your statement.
Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense to announce it as "third season of higurashi no naku koro ni" on the website itself.

As for Umineko, there isn't enough material to do an anime (granted, there is a manga, but they can delay it without much problem unlike an anime series), and your premise is kinda wrong: it doesn't have anything to do with kids and all.
Old 2007-12-20, 05:42   Link #68
Aethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
It's supposed to have a similar premise to higurashi except they are a group of kids stranded on an island with mysteries.
and I'm guessing they have a "mystery machine" and a talking dog with them too and at the end of the day those meddling kids ruin the villains chances of scaring people off the island. XD

Anyways in regards to Higurashi if they wanted to do the PS2 arcs they should have done that for season 2 and then did Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen for season 3. Oh well I know I'll enjoy season 3 and all but it just seems like there's really no point to there being an extra season now that everything is all tied up.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 07:27   Link #69
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
Anyways in regards to Higurashi if they wanted to do the PS2 arcs they should have done that for season 2 and then did Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen for season 3. Oh well I know I'll enjoy season 3 and all but it just seems like there's really no point to there being an extra season now that everything is all tied up.
Minagoroshi-hen is included in Matsuri as well; they couldn't have skipped it and gone directly to Miotsukushi-hen. Besides, after what happens in Miotsukushi-hen it would be pretty hard for them to justify Rika being able to travel to other worlds.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 08:59   Link #70
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Does anyone know if Season 3 will include pretty much the whole gang from the past 2 seasons? or are we looking at a completly original new story line?
Old 2007-12-20, 09:24   Link #71
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

It all depends on what arcs will be animated

Spoiler for Characters missing:
Old 2007-12-20, 09:27   Link #72
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Also Takano does escape the clinic in Matsuribayashi-hen
Old 2007-12-20, 11:13   Link #73
MarthX

Is there solid proof to that?
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 12:45   Link #74
Rias

Yes. Play the original game and you'll know.
Old 2007-12-20, 12:48   Link #75
Rias

Spoiler for saikoroshi-hen cast:
Old 2007-12-20, 12:56   Link #76
Tsumiyama Hikari
OBJECTION UUU~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler for saikoroshi-hen cast:
Spoiler for i want to be spoilered:
Tsumiyama Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 12:59   Link #77
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^
Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:
Old 2007-12-20, 13:35   Link #78
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Since I have yet to play Saikoroshi-hen

Spoiler for question:
Old 2007-12-20, 14:03   Link #79
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

"Mion" is just normal with Satoshi

"Shion" never shows up in Saikoroshi-hen (both real world and "ideal" world)

And "Mion" in Saikoroshi-hen behaves just like the usual Mion (even though Rika noticed a bit of difference regarding "Mion"'s feel), what is to be expected.

Since Mion (whoever is in this role) is raised freely like a tomboy and Shion (whoever is in this role) receives a more "polished" education at that board school.

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2007-12-20 at 15:48.
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 14:09   Link #80
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops;
If they include Onisarashi-hen, then yes. Of course we have no way of knowing whether that will happen.

Undoubtedly; of course only the first chapter has been released so far, so we'll have to wait a while before enough of it is available to make a season.
Thanks, I hope they include Onisarashi-hen then!!!

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote