AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 15:22   Link #1281
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'd say that has more to do with the vast difference of skill the two have. One of them is a strict martial artist, the other is someone who only kind of does it (and is definitely the worst of the four at it, whereas Einhart is first or second). If Corona was better trained, she'd still have the advantage of power and durability, even if the surprise is gone.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 15:50   Link #1282
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Depends. Let's remove talent from the equation for a moment. Assuming both spend an equal amount of time training, the fact that she also practices golem manipulation means she has less martial arts training by default, since Corona would do roughly half of it in martial arts, and half of it in golem manipulation. Einhart on the other hand, focuses all her training on martial arts. So Einhart would hold the upper hand in martial arts skill either way.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:41   Link #1283
Mirron

Well, yes, but it doesn't usually work that way. I just think you're underestimating the raw power aspect of it all, as well as the ability to temporarily summon parts of the golem (such as Corona's rocket fist) and how good all in all that is. It's not going to beat everyone, but it's not just a surprise bit. Of course surprising the opponent makes it better, but there isn't really anything that gets better with the enemy knowing how it works.
Old 2011-10-02, 18:25   Link #1284
Justin_Brett

She should consider getting her device a form with a longer reach. That's really what's screwing her here.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:49   Link #1285
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
eh? Longcat is long?

hehe

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:29   Link #1286
Mirron

Nah, I think the main issue here is that she's locked into a small area. She's got better range than Einhart normally, but it's not really plausible to take advantage of it. The small arena really benefits close-ranged fighters.

Doesn't help, unlike Corona, Einhart has been training hard on her fighting for all of her life just about, whereas Corona only started training this hard recently. I'd say how good she's doing is impressive.
Old 2011-10-02, 21:32   Link #1287
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Spoiler for Teach us, Einhart-sensei!:
wow thats really clever of her...

Fusing with the golem to enhance her physical power.
Old 2011-10-06, 09:53   Link #1288
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
OK guys, I have a small question. I've seen a version of the manga cover that is a lot more ero then the normal one. But on it, is says "Not for sale". So what is it, where does it come from, and how would you get it if it's not for sale?

PS: If someone has a scan of the third ero-cover, please share.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:29   Link #1289
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Some covers were exclusive for some stores.

Take a look here. (Warning, some content might be NSFW)
Old 2011-10-06, 10:45   Link #1290
DmonHiro

Different stores? REALLY? I though they were LE or something...
Old 2011-10-06, 10:59   Link #1291
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
If I recall there's a standard version, a Toranoana exclusive version and a Gamers exclusive version.

aers would know better than me.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:33   Link #1292
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
If I recall there's a standard version, a Toranoana exclusive version and a Gamers exclusive version.
aers would know better than me.
Well... gues I don't feel abd about missing the LE manga... I was never going to get all the cover anyway.
Old 2011-10-22, 10:37   Link #1293
aers
*Fansubber

vol 1-4 of vivid total sales exceed 1.25 million.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 11:35   Link #1294
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow! Well, to be fair, the fights are improving constantly and the three recent major fights in the tournament were pretty well done, specially the surprisingly tough match between Corona and Einhart.

I just hope that Corona manage to remain a strong ally and a major fighter after this match, i don't like when this kind of fights are only trated as a "day in the limelight" for a character like saying "see? Corona is strong as she's capable to give trouble to Einhart" only for such a good achievement to be ignored in future fights sending her back again to the "second tier" fighters behind the main protagonists/antagonists.

Corona already demonstrated to be as strong or even stronger than Einhart and it will be awesome if she manage to become a top tier.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:56   Link #1295
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

She probably is already. The main heroines for Vivid will always be Vivio and Einhart, but Corona will be right behind them (Roles similar to Yuuno, Chrono).

... I can't help but feel that MGLN is hoping to kill off Nanoha and Fate in the future (Since it's really the only viable way to 'restart' the series), or at least seal them off to some eternal dimension stuff plot. Both Vivio and Einhart had impossibly powerful 'King' bodies to start off with, surely it wasn't there just for show...
Old 2011-10-22, 14:18   Link #1296
Justin_Brett

Hoping is one thing, but actually having the cajones to do that doesn't seem likely given how much marketing has had Force by the leash so far.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 20:46   Link #1297
Kuze

Words words words. I shouldn't be doing this.

Spoiler for You are totally shocked and did not see this tweeest:

Might as well post the 2ch script while I'm at it.

Spoiler for Lost in translation. Lost in translation everywhere:

Now, if I'm reading this right (lol yeah right), then oh man, that is a laaaaame way to lose. All of the heavy handed melodrama being played seriously does not help at all when it's in the wrong place. I just shake my head at it.

Einhart versus Vivio final match. It literally cannot be averted, I bet you. Will it be a repeat of Season 1 (you know when), or will Olivie and Claus come out in the middle to start their awkward "this is destiny so follow destiny everyone loves you destiny destiny chosen one destiny" monologues out loud?

Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:40   Link #1298
Skane
Anime Snark

Well... the outcome was expected. No seriously, it would have been a total mindf**k if Einhart was knocked out of the competition at this point. At this point, standard trope mechanics dictate that only Sieg has a realistic chance of knocking either Vivio or Einhart out. Miura maybe... if she gets more development.

Cheers.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:44   Link #1299
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Surprise, surprise. [/blatant sarcasm]

Anybody wanna bet that Vivio will win against Heidi? No? Too obvious at this point?
Old 2011-10-25, 22:49   Link #1300
Skane
Anime Snark

The fun is in seeing/reading how they win their fights, assuming it is scripted correctly. It's like watching Rocky. You know Rocky will win, but you want to be entertained by his journey to that victory.

Cheers.

Tags
vivid