AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-06-24, 13:08   Link #6901
madmac

Quote:
can anyone tell me why the drawing of everyone looks more.... weird? the drawing has gotten worse in a way then in the middle of the story o.o.
Apparently this doesn't bother me nearly as much as other people, but Hata has said several times on his blog over the last few months that he's been experimenting with his art style.

Not to be confused with the fact that he's simply not putting as much effort into the art as he did during the climax of the Golden Week arc. If we ever get another big dramatic arc the art quality will probably go up again, although the style may still be a little different.

Quote:
Don't they have 20mil yen? Ah, it probably doesn't matter.
Yup, and Nagi just dumped it all into the stock market. Supposedly she's good at that sort of thing, so hopefully they won't just lose it all.

I liked this chapter. It was cute and it was good to see that Nagi is keeping up her character growth instead of backsliding. Also, Father Radiostar cracked me up with the whole possession thing. Looking back, I'm pretty sure he really hasn't appeared to anyone except Hayate and Isumi after he started haunting him.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 15:50   Link #6902
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Don't they have 20mil yen? Ah, it probably doesn't matter.
20mil yen = 200k us dollars.

$200k in the California bay area makes a nice down payment on a 1500sq ft house. Considering that toyoko is suppose even more expensive real estate wise, $200k buys Nagi a 1 car garage if she can find one for sale.
Old 2010-06-24, 17:15   Link #6903
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

a slow chapter but slowly Nagi becomes more and more likeable
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:17   Link #6904
Used Can

40000 yen rent in Tokyo?
Where the fuck do I sign?
Old 2010-06-25, 23:38   Link #6905
The Sandman

Am I the only one who sees lots of references to Maison Ikkoku ahead of us?

Athena renting one of the rooms is of course a given. As for the others, "new characters" seems like a good guess, mainly because there aren't any existing characters I can think of who would need new housing arrangements. Except maybe the gunpla and Yukiji-obsessed teacher whose name I can't remember; after all, cheaper rent = more money for gunpla and Yukiji's drinking habits.

It would also be amazing if Scarface McYakuza moved in, because I'm sure something funny could be done with him.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 00:28   Link #6906
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
Am I the only one who sees lots of references to Maison Ikkoku ahead of us?

Athena renting one of the rooms is of course a given. As for the others, "new characters" seems like a good guess, mainly because there aren't any existing characters I can think of who would need new housing arrangements. Except maybe the gunpla and Yukiji-obsessed teacher whose name I can't remember; after all, cheaper rent = more money for gunpla and Yukiji's drinking habits.

It would also be amazing if Scarface McYakuza moved in, because I'm sure something funny could be done with him.
Athena moving in is probably a 0. Her mode-of-operation is completely opposite letting herself be seen like this (she's hinted that she's been watching Hayate ever since he came to the school, but only appeared once he'd gone to Athens).

Kaoru and Yukiji seem likely targets, not for money but for someplace to live (Yukiji) and to be close to his crush and learn Hayate's techniques (Kaoru).

Luca is a possibility, as is Chiharu (family support to live on her own).

Hata didn't like having to draw the Yakuza guy, so I doubt he's going to come in, but it is a possibility.

Ayumu is probably somewhere around 20%, she did like when Hayate served as her family's butler for a day, but I doubt she and her family could afford it.

So 1-2 empty rooms/unnamed tennants, out of 6?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 03:33   Link #6907
Bangirasu

Wow. I liked Nagi in this last chapter :P
Bangirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 03:47   Link #6908
Mentar
Banned

I don't wanna reread all chapters, so I'll ask.

Except for the one page where Nagi ran, cursing Luca, was this character ever introduced before?

Probability of Athena renting a room there is next to nil, at least renting openly. If a tenant rents and pays the room without ever showing up, then maybe.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 03:50   Link #6909
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I don't wanna reread all chapters, so I'll ask.

Except for the one page where Nagi ran, cursing Luca, was this character ever introduced before?
Nope.
We've at least got some of Himegami's story to go on, we have more about him than Luca.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 09:56   Link #6910
madmac

Quote:
Not by name, no. Everyone assumes it's the same girl selling Doujinshi at the summer convention Chiharu was at, and had a wallpaper doing a dueling pens pose with Nagi. If it's the same character, (and Hata hasn't mentioned any other new characters) then she's appeared twice in the official storyline.
Old 2010-06-26, 13:26   Link #6911
Tom Bombadil

Spoiler for 278 Japanese text spoiler:

If it is confirmed, then we know who the first tenant will be.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-06-26 at 17:22.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 16:49   Link #6912
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

care to explain further?
Old 2010-06-26, 17:44   Link #6913
madmac

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Ah, I thought so, but thanks for the clarification.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-27, 02:02   Link #6914
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

She's a sadist. I wonder if anyone would care to see a gagged and tied butler once in a while.
Old 2010-06-27, 09:13   Link #6915
GlassesLady
dat apple

I thought Aika was the sadist.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 09:57   Link #6916
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i thought they were all sadist?
Old 2010-06-28, 07:52   Link #6917
AkasuraBoshi

anyone mind explaining why the manakas drawings become well... wierd in a bad way during the athena arc? Hayate looks so wierd now lol.
AkasuraBoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 11:10   Link #6918
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i actually like the way it looks more now
Old 2010-06-29, 01:46   Link #6919
xellos2099

I can confirm Chiharu want to rent an apartment since her parent were planning to open an intestine hotpot with someoen he met in Hawaii and she felt it is a bad idea and claim if they do it she will move away from home. As I recall, someone's parent is also operating a hotpot chain...

Come to think of it, before the golden week arc start, the author said that Chiharu's fate will intervene with Nagi and Hayate. Chiharu also seems to take a liking to Hayate or rather his skill. In addition, Nagi is back to annoying mode this chapter...
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 11:13   Link #6920
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellos2099 View Post
I can confirm Chiharu want to rent an apartment since her parent were planning to open an intestine hotpot with someoen he met in Hawaii and she felt it is a bad idea and claim if they do it she will move away from home. As I recall, someone's parent is also operating a hotpot chain...

Come to think of it, before the golden week arc start, the author said that Chiharu's fate will intervene with Nagi and Hayate. Chiharu also seems to take a liking to Hayate or rather his skill. In addition, Nagi is back to annoying mode this chapter...
who else is operating a hot pot?

Edit: just read the latest chp, looks like Hayate got another one

Hina no Gotoku here we go.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-06-29 at 11:32.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen