Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 15:51   Link #6341
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
as does mine
lelouch choosing a needlessly bloody path, invalidates his chosen path
suzaku's old retoric about the wrongful means corrupting the results, while not really logical for MOST of the show, here is actually quite fitting

i know lelouch is not suppose to be a saint
but having him basiclly say "i've ran out of EVIL people to take my wrath out on, but the world is still not quite how i like it, so its time to target normal people" is pretty absurd
he killed clovis and had a hard time with it
he killed sheirly's father and had a hard time with it
then suddenly he's perfectly willing (and INTENDING) to start massacring people on mass ?
thats just fucked up
Old 2009-12-07, 15:54   Link #6342
Narona
Emotionless White Face

So, now we know there will a new manga and possibily a new anime from it, what would you guys like to see about lelouch? What kind of personnality are you expecting?

I tend to think it would be boring if he gets the same personality as in R1 and R2. Maybe he'll be the big bad guy this time around
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:59   Link #6343
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
isnt he kinda dead
did they confirm that they would bring him back
Old 2009-12-07, 16:02   Link #6344
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
isnt he kinda dead
did they confirm that they would bring him back
I'm talking about this lelouch look-a-like from the pic in newtype

I guess he'll have a different name, just as Renya who resembles suzaku.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:13   Link #6345
Kuroshinobu

His cape has a symbol on it, however; I cannot remember if it is the Black Knight's or Eden Vital symbol.

I do however hope (not to start any flaming) that Reifuu C.C. is more involved with the Lelouch look-a-like than with Renya.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:14   Link #6346
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I'm talking about this lelouch look-a-like from the pic in newtype

I guess he'll have a different name, just as Renya who resembles suzaku.
In the meantime, I will call him Not-Lelouch.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:16   Link #6347
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
His cape has a symbol on it, however; I cannot remember if it is the Black Knight's or Eden Vital symbol.

I do however hope (not to start any flaming) that Reifuu C.C. is more involved with the Lelouch look-a-like than with Renya.
Is it not definitely the Black Knight symbol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
In the meantime, I will call him Not-Lelouch.
From msn, you said:

Quote:
He looks like the impossible lovechild of Lelouch and Xingke
So let's call him Xing-Lelou or Lelouch-ke
Old 2009-12-07, 16:18   Link #6348
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Is it not definitely the Black Knight symbol?
That's also what I thought, but if that's true that means Lelouch must have had some knowledge of the look-a-like's faction or whatever.

In addition to that, wouldn't C.C. also comment on the fact that she's seem the same symbol before? Oh well. :]
Old 2009-12-07, 16:20   Link #6349
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
That's also what I thought, but if that's true that means Lelouch must have had some knowledge of the look-a-like's faction or whatever.
If Lelouch is the reincarnation of that guy, and "if", in this world, reincarnated people keep some memories of their previous lifes, it would make sense he uses the same symbol.

Quote:
In addition to that, wouldn't C.C. also comment on the fact that she's seem the same symbol before? Oh well. :]
I don't remember, feel free to post the episode if you find the scene
Old 2009-12-07, 16:22   Link #6350
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or maybe Lelouch saw it in a history book or something and thought it was cool.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:23   Link #6351
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Or maybe Lelouch saw it in a history book or something and thought it was cool.
Best explanation so far

But that's not fabulous enough
Old 2009-12-07, 16:27   Link #6352
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually if we wanted to be serious... well, this symbol is apparently first appearing in Japan's past, right? And the Black Knights' is made up primarily of Japanese in the beginning. So it would make sense for Lelouch to pick the symbol for historical significance. Maybe its something that the Japanese can relate to, and maybe Lelouch didn't realize that it was also related to Geass.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:33   Link #6353
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Actually if we wanted to be serious... well, this symbol is apparently first appearing in Japan's past, right? And the Black Knights' is made up primarily of Japanese in the beginning. So it would make sense for Lelouch to pick the symbol for historical significance. Maybe its something that the Japanese can relate to, and maybe Lelouch didn't realize that it was also related to Geass.
Imo, that would be a cheap explanation since it is not explained in R1. Sure it works, but that sounds cheap (I know, I know that my "reincarnation" explanation's not better but still)
Old 2009-12-07, 16:34   Link #6354
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, Taniguchi's probably working off elements from Code Geass for this new story. Recycling for a prequel, in a sense. When the Black Knights' symbol was made, they probably didn't have a backstory for it.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:44   Link #6355
Kuroshinobu

Well that means that whoever the Lelouch guy is, he will have a massive impact on Japanese history.

If Lelouch chose that emblem to be the sign of the Black Knights, than that means he must also have made a large impact on Japanese people as a whole.
Old 2009-12-07, 20:27   Link #6356
DN24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he killed clovis and had a hard time with it
he killed sheirly's father and had a hard time with it
then suddenly he's perfectly willing (and INTENDING) to start massacring people on mass ?
thats just fucked up
I think he's just that fucked up ever since the beginning.And he never really care about people he doesnt know beside that time on the street with Kallen( probably because if he wouldnt do something she'll get into trouble)

Clovis was his brother after all, he was fine killing the soldiers.
He cared about Shirley's father because he's Shirley' father..he was not the only non-evil person he killed during that landslide

And then SAZ...even if he went with his original plan...more than half of the people in that stadium would be kill, the Black knights just can't save all of them in the confusion. And after all,why save them? They didn't choose Zero, they chose Euphie and Suzaku
During the Black rebellion, the only place that was safe was AShford( because Nunnally and all his friend was there), other people can die

And what's so suddenly about willing to massacre people, the goal was to destroy Britania.You can't destroy them with just liberating Japan, there're others Areas and Britania mainland. The only way to archive his goal was through mass murdering.
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 23:56   Link #6357
ncrushx

Can anybody tell me if this theory works?

If you remember that Charles grabbed Lelouch's throat, but didn't choke him in a previous episode. I believe that was the transfer of the code, and the code is on Lelouch's neck. After that, the anime never did show Lelouch's neck.

Would this make him alive in a way? You can't have Geass if you have the code, but they never said anything if it came from 2 different contracts.

So, it works right?
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:06   Link #6358
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrushx View Post

If you remember that Charles grabbed Lelouch's throat, but didn't choke him in a previous episode. I believe that was the transfer of the code, and the code is on Lelouch's neck. After that, the anime never did show Lelouch's neck.

Would this make him alive in a way?
We were never told how the code transfers, and it was stated repeatedly from a lot of sources that Lelouch died. So no, unless they retcon it.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:07   Link #6359
ncrushx

Ehh, but it works doens't it? It logically/technically makes sense. 2 contracts have nothing to coincide with each other.

Quote:

Would this make him alive in a way? You can't have Geass if you have the code, but they never said anything if it came from 2 different contracts.

So, it works right?
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:32   Link #6360
Sol Falling

Lelouch's cape/collar was covering his neck at the time, as much as his cape/collar covers his neck in any later scene. If Charles' hand actually touched Lelouch's neck itself and transferred the code, we would be able to see it.

(lol no but seriously, the creators say he is dead. That means he is dead. However 'logical' Lelouch being alive may seem to you or me, from the creator's standpoint he is logically dead.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote