AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 23.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-16, 01:47   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-16, 11:58   Link #2
alvinkhorfire

It is a great episode. Ok, I watched the raw episode without the subtitle, so I may have some misunderstanding about the plot.

Why is it snowing all of a sudden? Similar to Yuji, Shana has her moment of presenting a motivational speech to the Flame Hazes, while reveaing the secret of the God's Gate.

As expected, Keisaku returns home to visit Margery. Eita and Kazumi are certainly smart enough to leave these two alone, as not to disturb their time together. It is good to see that Margery is being awaked from her coma state, with the kiss and hug from Keisaku. True enough, Keisaku and Margery's time together starts to become very private. I do not want to spoil it, as you will know the answer near the end of the episode. Bear in mind that Margery should be at least one thousand years older than him. I guess that time is not really a factor for seemingly immortal Flame Hazes.

With Shana knowing the Unrestricted Spell "Judgment", any form of attack involving image replication, like the one used by Uvall and Ribesal, should be useless against Shana. The spell is also useful to guide Shana, Wilhelmina, Khamsin and Rebecca safely through Path of Pilgrimage.

I know that some people feel Flame Hazes have been winning the battles way too easy. However, if you have seen this episode, the tomogaras does win some battles, especially when Decarabia appears in battle scene. Suffice to say, the author knows how to strike a fine balance the success rate between the Flame Hazes and Bal Masque. So, the Flame Hazes do not always win all the time, just as mentioned by Game8910.

However, we have to wait till next week for the rematch between the Flame Hazes and Sabrac.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-17 at 00:20.
Old 2011-12-16, 12:07   Link #3
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

YEAH SABRAC! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!! Overall the episode was nice but not as good as the last 2 weeks but I dont blame them since the last 2 were just too good.

Im a bit disappointed Decarabia was taken out so fast (just like every Bal Masque in the show so far) but it seems like things are finally starting to go south for the Flame Hazes
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-12-16, 13:14   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

Wowie ... who would have thought? Satou scores!

Excellent episode indeed!
Old 2011-12-16, 13:55   Link #5
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The episode is up on niconico. Excellent episode. Too bad for Decarabia, I liked the guy. But it seems that Haborim is back with his forces, so things aren't looking that good for the Flame Haze forces.

And on the Shana side we will have Sabrac getting his second chance at looking cool.
Old 2011-12-16, 14:17   Link #6
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
As expected, Keisaku returns home to visit Margery. Eita and Kazumi are certainly smart enough to leave these two alone, as not to disturb their time together. It is good to see that Margery is being awaked from her coma state, with the kiss and hug from Keisaku. True enough, Keisaku and Margery's time together starts to become very private. I do not want to spoil it, as you will know the answer near the end of the episode. Bear in mind that Margery should be at least a thousand years older than him. I guess that time is not really a factor for seeming immortal Flame Hazes. On a side note, what spell is being casted by Margery on Keisaku?
Meh age is just a number

On that matter Margery looks so different without her glasses.

Quote:
I know that some people feel Flame Hazes have been winning the battles way too easy. However, if you have seen this episode, the tomogaras does win some battles, especially when Decarabia appears in battle scene. Suffice to say, the author knows how to strike a fine balance the success rate between the Flame Hazes and Bal Masque. So, the Flame Hazes do not always win all the time, just as mentioned by Game8910.

However, we have to wait till next week for the rematch between the Flame Hazes and Sabrac.
Too easy? The Flame Hazes were getting slaughtered in the early part of this season with their Shanghai branch being decimated and their leader wiped out so easily.

This is going to go back and forth though.

For that matter aren't Flame Hazes suppose to be super strong since they're powered by Crimson Lords?

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2011-12-16 at 14:33.
Old 2011-12-16, 15:57   Link #7
yuiichi9

I like this episode very much. The reason I have been watching this season of shana is for this romantic moment between satou and margery. I am very happy.
Old 2011-12-16, 16:02   Link #8
tsunade666

WOOT!! Keisaku and Margery's KISS!!! I've been waiting for that one! WOOWOO!!! WWWWW 10/10
Old 2011-12-16, 17:14   Link #9
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the Keisaku and Margery moments. Glad she woke up and looks like she's going to join the battle. Wow had no idea Decarabia was that huge. Oh man Sophie was awesome when she took him out. Surprised Shana and the others caught up that fast.
Old 2011-12-16, 17:20   Link #10
Silverwyrm

Predicted. Decarabia shows up, acts cool, is supposed to be hard to kill, kills some nameless Haze armies, then blows up too. I was really hoping to see more of him but I have pretty much come to expect triviality from the named badguys. Sabrac is cool, but I'm sure we'll see another flawless victory since there aren't any nameless to slap around in there, any damage done will revert by the next episode.
Old 2011-12-16, 18:11   Link #11
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well the only good fights will be against the mini-boss & boss so next episode should be good.
Didn't expected the Sophie's Thunder KICK!!!!

And the Margery x Keisaku , well not surprising. Even though they didn't show any screentime development on their relation between previous season & this one.
Old 2011-12-16, 19:01   Link #12
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Meh age is just a number

On that matter Margery looks so different without her glasses.
Yes, Margery does look more feminine in that state. Well, as long as she is healthy enough to punch Marchosias , she is good enough to join Shana and others in the war against Bal Masque.

Quote:
Too easy? The Flame Hazes were getting slaughtered in the early part of this season with their Shanghai branch being decimated and their leader wiped out so easily.

This is going to go back and forth though.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Well, in Episode 10 thread, some people feel that the war is quite one-sided with the advantage on Flame Hazes side. The death of Uvall and Purson seems to fuel such opinion. All I can say that the advantage tends to swing back and forth between 2 sides. We can say that the tomogaras have the the advantage now. In short, we really cannot say that the war is one-sided.
Old 2011-12-16, 19:09   Link #13
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
WOOT!! Keisaku and Margery's KISS!!! I've been waiting for that one! WOOWOO!!! WWWWW 10/10
Not just that. We see Keisaku wake up in her bed stark naked. It's safe to assume that they skipped a few bases and went straight for the home run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
And the Margery x Keisaku , well not surprising. Even though they didn't show any screentime development on their relation between previous season & this one.
That's not true, there were multiple indications at the end of S2, and several pretty obvious ones at the beginning of S3.
Old 2011-12-16, 19:48   Link #14
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Yes, Margery does look more feminine in that state. Well, as long as she is healthy enough to punch Marchosias , she is good enough to join Shana and others in the war against Bal Masque.
LOL even when they both were up and she was just in her shirt she was still acting quite soft.

Finally looking over the entire episode I can't help but laugh at the build-up the episode did towards that scene. Everyone was like, "Get in there, we'll give your tons of privacy."

Its' like everyone was expecting clothes to go flying off the second Satou got in there unlike Disney's Sleeping Beauty version.

Anyways 9/10 for not giving us the x-rated sex scene.

BTW what did Margery meant by "enough to stave off annihilation?"

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2011-12-16 at 19:59.
Old 2011-12-16, 20:03   Link #15
alvinkhorfire

In a way or another, the love between Keisaku and Margery is somewhat similar to the one between Johan and Pheles. Remember that when Johan announced his love to Pheles, he was still a human. Again, the age of immortal Pheles is not a factor. Furthermore, Pheles know Johan even since he was just a baby and took care of him until he grew up. Well, falling in love with someone you know since he was just a baby is not really a problem, since they are all immortal.
Old 2011-12-16, 21:20   Link #16
Elf song

Quote:
She means the annihilation of herself by breaking off the contract with Marchosias after losing her purpose to live.

RIP Decarabia. Hi Haborym.
You're screwed now, Flame Haze.

INAZUMA KICK's awesome.
Old 2011-12-16, 21:45   Link #17
redflame

10/10

I'm loving the war thats developing xD And as expected, Sophie's kick-ass thunder kick was awesome.

Not only did we see Yuji's speech, we saw Shana's awesome one too. I have to say, Shana's was way more awesome than Yuji's scary one even though no one had responded to it

I like Shana's Judgement spell.. pretty damn useful too
Old 2011-12-16, 21:49   Link #18
redflame

Quote:
LOL even when they both were up and she was just in her shirt she was still acting quite soft.

Finally looking over the entire episode I can't help but laugh at the build-up the episode did towards that scene. Everyone was like, "Get in there, we'll give your tons of privacy."

Its' like everyone was expecting clothes to go flying off the second Satou got in there unlike Disney's Sleeping Beauty version.

Anyways 9/10 for not giving us the x-rated sex scene.

LMAO at the 3 top paragraphs
Old 2011-12-16, 23:08   Link #19
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Not just that. We see Keisaku wake up in her bed stark naked. It's safe to assume that they skipped a few bases and went straight for the home run.
I can imagine the Dojinshis for filling in the details
Old 2011-12-16, 23:36   Link #20
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i feel sad whenever a female flame haze dies

Oh Keisaku got lucky lol 9/10 for that ^^