AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 03:34   Link #1
aahhsin

Naruto Original Pilot manga chapter

I came across it just now. I've never seen it before. It's hella weird. the Third doesn't have his hat.

Naruto is a punk kid. No Sasuke.

nevermind found the translation

why the hell does Naruto know he's the fox demon already?

why the hell does Naruko have a tail?

They even use Guns!
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 03:53   Link #2
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I read the transalted one awhile ago......it really wierd naruto is like the son of the demon fox and is actually a fox or something, Im happy with how they changed it.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 23:05   Link #3
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErugiF NoitcA
I read the transalted one awhile ago......it really wierd naruto is like the son of the demon fox and is actually a fox or something, Im happy with how they changed it.
Do u know where i can get this translated version?

don't need to give me the link just the translater
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 23:11   Link #4
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Nope, I found it on a MSN group like 5 months ago and now that group is no longer there and i don't rember who translated it......sorry

would the link to that be aloud, does it count as licenced, cuz I don't think viz will ever do it....was it even released in japan?
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 23:33   Link #5
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
was it ever released in japan- yes
did people scanlate it? yes. _______ did, but they dont.
(leaving blank incase it is against rules)(this is sort of in the grey area)

pilot chapter was the one kishimoto showed to SJ/submitted... that got him hired!

(it may be the one that he submitted to a contest, and won for)

the bonus chapter with ramen girl was better.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 03:37   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

Here, TW did the pilot chapter. I posted the URL because if anything TW is even fussier about licensed stuff than Animesuki is. If they left it up, it should be okay. And the bonus chapter at Ichiraku ramen stand is totally hilarious.
Old 2004-03-25, 12:18   Link #7
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Is this a manga only thing or can anime watcher join in on this? i dont think they had guns back then...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 12:24   Link #8
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Is this a manga only thing or can anime watcher join in on this? i dont think they had guns back then...
Go nuts! It's completely different and not related in any way, shape, or form to the Naruto universe.
You can see how Naruto was sort of based off this preliminary manga, but taken on an extreme tangent.

EDIT: Go get the Ichiraku Ramen special, too!
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 13:43   Link #9
Palani
///_^

I thought it was kinda boring. Normally when reading a manga I get drawn into the story, especially with recently by TW released FMA 15, but with this one i had to struggle to get through it. At least they changed it for a whole lot better. And it has zip to do with either storyline. It's a very rough version of what Naruto might have been.

BTW: RAMEN SPECIAL RULES, Kakashi is a babe magnet apparently.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 14:17   Link #10
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Its basically the same premise but they ripped out the 'real-world' situation, and placed a (much better) ninja world in instead.

The special chapter is good though. Ramen Girl all the way
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 23:12   Link #11
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Here, TW did the pilot chapter. I posted the URL because if anything TW is even fussier about licensed stuff than Animesuki is. If they left it up, it should be okay. And the bonus chapter at Ichiraku ramen stand is totally hilarious.
i guess because that link is still up, TW is a perfectly okay site to link to.

you can read the chapter evem if you are an anime watcher. it is pretty much a standalone chapter.
Old 2004-03-25, 23:34   Link #12
Sethi
StormRider

I actually didn't like the Naruto Pilot, it was boring and the story wasn't so compelling has what was actually released(THANK GOD).
The Ramen Special is good though only problem is that it's too short

Lunchboxx that sigh with the sound 5 KAWAII
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 23:38   Link #13
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
I actually didn't like the Naruto Pilot, it was boring and the story wasn't so compelling has what was actually released(THANK GOD).
The Ramen Special is good though only problem is that it's too short

Lunchboxx that sigh with the sound 5 KAWAII
it is a deep piece. you must understand that.

about friendship and trust. maybe you are not mature enough to get it. or you just missed the point.

no offense meant in the slightest.
Old 2004-03-25, 23:52   Link #14
LithKage

Henge

How about the old Sexy no Jutsu (Henge). Clothes all be it not much. Oh and it required a scroll in this one.

It was different. Didn't have the same feel as the real thing. Then again it is only one chapter who knows where it could have gone. Kinda sucked that they had to kill the first person who tried to befriend him.
LithKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 23:57   Link #15
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
it is a deep piece. you must understand that.

about friendship and trust. maybe you are not mature enough to get it. or you just missed the point.

no offense meant in the slightest.
yes yes i understand that the story revolves around friendship and trust but like i said i prefer the actual one better which contains the same message, but with a more compelling and interesting story of course that's just my personal opinion
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 04:14   Link #16
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
I read that a long time ago .. i'm glad they did change it... from what i rememer , naruto was the son of the kyuubi and a human ... he was a half demon half human. he was trained bye the hokage , and he knew he was half demon and who his father was. he also had a tail of the fox. I guess he had demon friends becuase the hokage said that he has no HUMAN friends. sum1 said that at that time they didnt have guns. well.. 1st of all ..at that time they did have guns.. guns have been around for a long time.. guns where used in sum battles by samuri .... guns have been around for a while.. also naruto world doesnt have a certian time that it takes place... naruto world isnt the same as our world.. they do have electricity and such things as walkie talkies, and tv's and tape recorders. the writter just decided that it would be better not to have guns in the anime.. which i do like.
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 04:54   Link #17
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
After seeing this all I can do is thank god that it didn't turn out to be the actual show.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 11:13   Link #18
ChouOishii

umm. they have flak jackets. naruto doesn't take place in a certain historical period, it's pure fantasy. for all we know, the people living in the cities (all we ever see are hidden villages and one tiny normal village in the zabuza arc) may very well have guns.
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 11:54   Link #19
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

I know this is pretty old news but I just read the pilot, and I gotta say it was pretty cool. The story in itself is a bit slower than the Naruto we all know and love but the comedy is all there and the suspense too. It's also a lot more mature and the one twist it has is totally unpredictable (atleast for me). Seeing naruto transform into a baby demon fox was just awesome too. Not to mention the sexy no jutsu girl is much hotter here .

Spoiler for anime epi 101:
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote