AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 13:27   Link #101
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finally watched this anime was better than I expected . To early to judge as the first episode was more so a teaser, but I liked what I saw . The fantasy and military element was the highlight for me . Mikage kind of reminded me of Tamaki, very similar personality . This is like T.Blood meets D.Gray Man : D
Old 2009-04-15, 13:39   Link #102
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Interesting Series. This thread needs more pictures.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 16:16   Link #103
lfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And the opening song almost had me laughing too, Tetio, doesn't sitting up there hurt?
LOL GOOD POINT THERE. I didn't notice that before. *was too busy loling at girly-fied Teito* XDXD

After watching ep 1, I decided to give the manga a second try(lost interest before..though it was b/c I was partially lost. I couldn't tell some of the characters apart...>.>; ). haha, guess the anime totally cleared things up cause I understood the manga better on my second try) and I got hooked onto the series. XD;

imo the series isn't exactly one of my top favs but it's still pretty good. Some parts are cliched but some parts aren't(or else I wouldn't be into it).

I agree w/ the others. The animation is a disappointment(it just grew after seeing the 2nd ep D: ).

I'm rather surprised a lot of ppl find the art style distasteful. I find it much better than the manga...but at the same time, it bothers me in a different way(except for Teito). lol it feels like I'm really watching a BL anime. Never knew I had something against that kinda style...D: So weird. I like BL too.....
lfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 19:20   Link #104
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow, the subs are out fast, I'm not used to this kind of speed. Anyway, the anime feels like it's explaining itself at a better pace than the manga which is a good thing for new viewers (I was one of the people who had to read the first volume twice before I got it). It also explains the title better, I was dumb and it took me a couple of chapters on the original to figure it out, XD.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 21:33   Link #105
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 2009-04-16, 03:21   Link #106
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post

Despite the utter lack of girls, nice images Cats thanx for sharing . These ones stand out due to the art in them and this one below has Allen Walker written all over it : D

Old 2009-04-16, 06:42   Link #107
itisjustme

Anyone find Mikage's expressions off sometimes in ep 1? Also the coloring seems to make this show look less like a yaoi bait somehow.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:27   Link #108
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Saiga Mitsuki as Teito. Maybe, that's why she didn't return as Maria Ross for FMA: Brotherhood.
Old 2009-04-16, 12:55   Link #109
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Despite the utter lack of girls
Old 2009-04-16, 13:03   Link #110
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Wow, the subs are out fast, I'm not used to this kind of speed. Anyway, the anime feels like it's explaining itself at a better pace than the manga which is a good thing for new viewers (I was one of the people who had to read the first volume twice before I got it). It also explains the title better, I was dumb and it took me a couple of chapters on the original to figure it out, XD.
Quoted for real truth Like I would want to touch RAW Japanese version of the manga-I know I went "huh? Whu--Eh? I mean, how did it go from here to there? D:" despite it being a Gangan (Read: Furinaga rich) manga Thank God the direction of the anime is in a better pace.

(Seeing Cats' images makes me want certain trio to come out soon... Labrador!!! )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 10:17   Link #111
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Hmmm Im still on the fence about this anime. Epi 2 was better but the over dramatic animation in some cases is getting on my nerves.

On a positive note...Castor is haaawwwttt....
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 23:21   Link #112
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I love the anime! Episode 2 was awesome, because it had Frau and had a funny moment!

Am I seriously the ONLY person in this thread who finds the art in both the anime and manga simply beautiful? Am I? What's so wrong about it? Maybe it's the fact I'm not an animation student...

Also, I think the anime is moving a bit too fast (I actually understood the manga the first time I read through it...-___-). After I watched episode 2 I looked through my copy of the English volume 1 and found the spot/panel around where Episode 2 left off. We're already almost half-way through volume 1 and it's only been 2 episodes. There will be 8 volumes in Japan by May. Unless the anime slows down a tad, they'll catch up to the manga in a few months and then what? We'll have fillers. Or worse, they'll derail (hopefully not as horribly as Soul Eater did...).

It also appears that the anime is suggesting the BL undertones even more. I seriously don't remember Mikage stealing Teito's bed in the manga.

I understand not everyone likes BL or yaoi, but whether or not this manga/anime has it shouldn't be the deciding factor for you. It just seems wrong.

Looking very much forward to Hakuren. Very much indeed, judging by his voice from the second trailer and then my TeitoxHakuren fangirling can begin!.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 09:28   Link #113
Irkalla
I asked for this

After I watched ep 1 I kinda had mixed feelings about it, so I decided to check out the manga. And poof, I was hooked from chap 1. Read all the available chapters in a row and loved every bits of it. The creators really did their homework with this, especially with all the symbolism reference used. Looking forward to see it all animated <3

The most interesting character is definitely Frau, the fact that he is perverted only adds to his charm <3
Old 2009-04-18, 11:27   Link #114
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Kirvee: your just paranoid and spreading FUD. The art in the manga is great; the anime is well decent. This is as much a yaoi manga as bleach and naruto.
Old 2009-04-18, 16:59   Link #115
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
I
It also appears that the anime is suggesting the BL undertones even more. I seriously don't remember Mikage stealing Teito's bed in the manga.
I don't remember that scene either, but I thought it was cute in a platonic way. C'mon, the two guys are too tired to do anything else, like Teito shoving his friend out of bed.
And I forgot to say earlier that I still cracked up at the irony of Frau getting hit with Tetio. Heck, half of the interactions between those two are ironically funny.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 17:06   Link #116
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I don't remember that scene either, but I thought it was cute in a platonic way.
The "I'm sleeping in your bed" joke (?) is anime original material, although everything up to it is in the manga.
Old 2009-04-19, 03:50   Link #117
Ruby-Moon

Send a message via MSN to Ruby-Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Quoted for real truth Like I would want to touch RAW Japanese version of the manga-I know I went "huh? Whu--Eh? I mean, how did it go from here to there? D:" despite it being a Gangan (Read: Furinaga rich) manga Thank God the direction of the anime is in a better pace.
uh, just a minor correction. 07-Ghost is Ichijinsha/ZERO-SUM, not Square Enix/Gangan. ^^;
Ruby-Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:09   Link #118
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby-Moon View Post
uh, just a minor correction. 07-Ghost is Ichijinsha/ZERO-SUM, not Square Enix/Gangan. ^^;
Now that you mention it, it is from Zero-Sum. Sorry for the confusion. D: Geh me and my brains these days...

(Strange, I always thought Zero-Sum publications have really less furinagas editing from my experience reading their mangas, but 07-Ghost is not that bad in furinagas, so I kind of considered it as Gangan's automatically :/ Though Zero-Sum is definitely also a milking publication too >_> *Shakes fist @ Amatsuki and the price of their tankoubans and their non-ending special anthologies* Meh, maybe furinaga is Yukimachiya's style.. That or I'm being delusional in telling that 07-Ghost is full of furinagas and confused it with Gangan Series Too much time has passed since I touched the first volume in Japanese edition and swore not to buy the tankoubans again before it got translated )

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-04-19 at 04:54. Reason: >_>; '-machiya' got mistyped as '-nbasya' lol *goes to sleep nao with brain spazz*
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:37   Link #119
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm not sure if 07-Ghost is carried by any Chinese publishers, but yeah, Ichijinsha has quite a few sleeper hits, including Kannagi and Saiyuki.
Old 2009-04-19, 07:13   Link #120
Ruby-Moon

Send a message via MSN to Ruby-Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Ichijinsha has quite a few sleeper hits, including Kannagi and Saiyuki.
QFT. I think Ichijinsha has a lot of interesting series going on. But something that I can't quite point out that's missing is preventing them from becoming big hits. Maybe their company is just not that big therefore not having a lot of influence ^^; 07-Ghost seem to be pretty popular right now though, different from their past ones like Amatsuki/Hatenkou Yuugi. Or maybe it's just a lot of fansub groups decide to pick it up since half the new season got licensed in R1...

Is Kannagi one of their original title? I thought it was just one of their anthology stuff that they're doing. (has absolutely zero interest in Kannagi so I don't know for sure). Saiyuki's good too, but I think it's already past it's peak (plus Minekura-sensei is extremely slow and goes in/out of hospital all the time to really work on it in a timely manner).
Ruby-Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy