AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-26, 21:50   Link #13701
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp. That's a long wait. At least eight months.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-26, 22:24   Link #13702
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I heard that since he is waiting for NT3 since NT2 didn't have much to do concept art on. Though I would've liked to see Silver Cross. And the bots he had.
Quote:
My thanks to my illustrator, Haimura-san and my editor, Miki-san. With a girl that carried thousands of arms with her and a sexy guy who wears the right thing at the right time, I feel that there were a lot of troublesome new concepts this time, but you two always stick with my selfishness, so thank you very much.
That part alone makes me wonder how Silver Cross looks like .
Old 2011-08-26, 22:27   Link #13703
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

He probably looks like Kakine or Tabikake Misaka in terms of clothing style.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-26, 22:31   Link #13704
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
He probably looks like Kakine or Tabikake Misaka in terms of clothing style.
Or maybe he was just naked... inside those robots 24hrs... you know...
Old 2011-08-26, 23:21   Link #13705
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=21338037

Go here and answer the survey of who you want Haimura to do the casual clothes for. The link is under the stars. Look for "Answer this survey".

The contestants are.

Bardway with 75
Itsuwa with 174
Orsola with 220
Umidori with 106
Vento with 237.

There is still time.

I can't find it...

...If given the choice, I'll vote for Orsola obviously.

But I can see why people would vote for Vento- both the Lolz factor and that it would be so totally contrasting to her image that it becomes awesome.

I assume she's French because her clothes were described as a French Village Girl... So naturally she'll be drawn in a French Maid outfit.

See? That's how logic works

P.S - It's funny, just last night I was wondering if Kamijou has the power to instinctive suggest the best possible way to moe-ify any girl- as shown with Umidori, then I wondered if he could do the same for Vento...
Old 2011-08-26, 23:44   Link #13706
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can't find it...

...If given the choice, I'll vote for Orsola obviously.
?
Its below the rating, do click and the options for voting will be open.

And this is...?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-08-27 at 02:05.
Old 2011-08-27, 00:02   Link #13707
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Vento is hot without her makeup, so I cant' blame any of them.
She is indeed. For those that haven't seen it, or just forgot, here's Vento before and after makeup:
Spoiler:
I'm guessing you need to log into pixiv to vote, right?

Too much hassle to sign up just for that... seems like Vento will win anyway.
Old 2011-08-27, 00:36   Link #13708
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Spoiler for :
So is it possible that Jesus also had Imagine Breaker? After all, He healed the sick, exorcised demons, stopped storms, and most of all, freed all humans from the grip of the Devil through His death on the cross.

And by the way, Vento without the make-up is cute. Cute enough to make me ask her real name.
Old 2011-08-27, 02:20   Link #13709
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Uuh, if Jesus do has Imagine Breaker, then he will be unable to do all those miracles you know.
Old 2011-08-27, 02:41   Link #13710
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Uuh, if Jesus do has Imagine Breaker, then he will be unable to do all those miracles you know.
Jesus equals create Miracles.

Imagine Breaker equals destroy Miracles.

Therefore Kamijou is the Anti-***** ?!

Lol-Logic

But no seriously people, Holy Right is Michael's Power, not the Son of God's...
Old 2011-08-27, 03:03   Link #13711
judasmartel
*Author

That's what exactly boggles me. If Jesus can do miracles AND negate them at the same time, then what?

Cue LOGIC BOMB.
Old 2011-08-27, 05:10   Link #13712
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But no seriously people, Holy Right is Michael's Power, not the Son of God's...
I had always interpreted it as the Holy Right being more than "just" Michael's power or "just" the Son of God's power.
Old 2011-08-27, 05:23   Link #13713
judasmartel
*Author

I think God (the Creator) is the original wielder of the Holy Right. And He only not wields the Holy Right, as he apparently used Execution of Light on His Son (or perhaps the Son of God used EoL on Himself) to fulfill the Son of God's mission to free humans from the control of the Devil, at a time when Magic was so prevalent that it was thought that Magic was one with Science (Alchemy, guys, Alchemy).

My theory is that the Holy Stone consisted of these four powers: Holy Right, Divine Punishment, Execution of Light, and Imagine Breaker.

- God used the Holy Right to create the world in six periods of time, not necessarily days as it is popularly believed. And then He took the Holy Right from there by influencing the recorded human history, especially Israelite history.

- He used the Divine Punishment in a more powerful way than Vento did. So much that one would be too foolish to bear ill will against God. Well, just ask Miriam. And the people buried at "The Graves of Craving".

- Execution of Light was used to allow the Son of God to be impaled by normal men, fulfilling His mission on Earth.

- Somebody interpreted Imagine Breaker this way: The once bloodthirsty, vengeful, jealous God of the Old Testament became a peaceable, forgiving, authoritative God of the New Testament. Guess what? Due to IB's effect to cleanse all humans of Original Sin, thus rendering normal humans unable to use or recognize Magic. BUT, the rest who still practice Non-Christian Magic are still bound by Original Sin.

Which still begs the question: If Imagine Breaker is indeed of a divine origin, then what use would IB have among heavenly beings, let alone the angels and God's Right Seat?

I assume somebody has refuted the claim that IB was used to seal Lucifer, "The Envoy of Light", for 1000 prophetic years as mentioned in the Holy Bible.

Another one: Moses had the Holy Right, and Aaron had Imagine Breaker. Seriously, Korah's rebellion. More than 250 people "went down to hell alive" and got eaten by holy fire, then after God One-Hit-Killed 14,700 more people (Divine Punishment, guys), Aaron saved the people with "a purification ritual". Clearly, Aaron DID NOT have IB focused solely on his right hand.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-08-27 at 05:46.
Old 2011-08-27, 07:08   Link #13714
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

To the readers who's been keep track of the speculations, please do note that these are speculations.

To the speculators, there's a thread for you here:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=92229&page=36.

And I believed all of you heard of the 'nutcracker'? Well, here's the 'neckcracker'
Old 2011-08-27, 09:06   Link #13715
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
And I believed all of you heard of the 'nutcracker'? Well, here's the 'neckcracker'
I noticed this weird thing there

What Nayuta said when she saw Dorm Managaer:
Quote:
--? Who is it? I can't see an AIM diffusion field.

'--'She's not an esper?"
Later she said:
Quote:
A Level 0 without her powers developed just manhandled a Level 5?
Why Nayuta concluded, that Dorm Manager is a level 0, when she didn't saw any AIM field?
Shouldn't she say "normal person" there?
Or does this mean level 0 without any powers developed (Saten, Shiage..) don't have any AIM field?
Old 2011-08-27, 09:23   Link #13716
Miraluka
Banned

Well, maybe the Dorm Manager is a Saint .

BTW, remember the one who wrote this was Narita Ryougo so there must be some little differences and/or inconsistences, for example the one with the railgun shot at the bridge in Index and Railgun manga.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:32   Link #13717
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, I'm not really too sure myself. Then again, she can't call the dorm supervisor of all people 'an ordinary person', right? 1. Because having powers is 'normal', and that even level 0s have powers, and 2, it's the dorm manager.

I'll speculate further in the other thread.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:40   Link #13718
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, maybe the Dorm Manager is a Saint .

BTW, remember the one who wrote this was Narita Ryougo so there must be some little differences and/or inconsistences, for example the one with the railgun shot at the bridge in Index and Railgun manga.
But it was supervised by Kamachi. Even if there can be inconsistencies, it should be canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, I'm not really too sure myself. Then again, she can't call the dorm supervisor of all people 'an ordinary person', right? 1. Because having powers is 'normal', and that even level 0s have powers, and 2, it's the dorm manager.

I'll speculate further in the other thread.
Having powers is normal for studenst, not adults.
There was't any adults shown that had esper powers (level > 0)

And yes, level 0 should have AIM, that's why I think it's strange.
I heard somewhere that a level 0 AIM can screw a mage over, but I don't know if it was stated somewhere in LN or just made up.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:50   Link #13719
Miraluka
Banned

Canon or not, inconsistences are still inconsistences, just acept it and don't take it so seriously, didn't Kamachi said the Fanfare purpose was to introduce cyborgs?
Old 2011-08-27, 10:05   Link #13720
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

And I guess Mr Kyon just edited, because I can see this:

Quote:
(→Main Story: Toaru Jihanki no Sonzai Shoumei by Narita Ryohgo: IT'S F***ING THERESTINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen