AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 11:20   Link #301
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's nice to hear that not every character is "afflicted" with chuunibyou. It should make the cast interactions a bit more interesting. Also, Tsuyuri has the best character design .

Do magazine scans normally have spoilers in them?
They detail about the story and the characters, so it varies depending on magazine. This particular spoiler I wanted to keep under wraps at least until the novels are available. It was more of a spoiler prevention for the novels than the anime as it'll likely be shown in the first episode, but I figured it wouldn't hurt non-spoiling the anime as well.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:35   Link #302
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
They detail about the story and the characters, so it varies depending on magazine. This particular spoiler I wanted to keep under wraps at least until the novels are available. It was more of a spoiler prevention for the novels than the anime as it'll likely be shown in the first episode, but I figured it wouldn't hurt non-spoiling the anime as well.
I see. I'm looking forward to the novels, by the way, so thanks for the hard work.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:54   Link #303
teja208
Critical fanboy

My thoughts after reading character descriptions. (haven’t read the novel)

Quote:
Yuuta Togashi:
This story's protagonist. A punctual, calm, and helpful lad. He's one of those boys doesn't stand out much these days. But to be honest, he suffered from a severe case of chuunibyou when he was in middle school. It was bad enough to drive away his classmates. Given a new chance in his high school career, he sealed away his past and vowed never to be infected again. But now that he's connected to Rikka, will his chuunibyou flare up again?
And despite suffering a severe case, Yuuta somehow mastered a technique that can keep his symptom in check before Rikka comes along. I’m curious as to whether he learn how to control his chu2byo all by himself or someone, preferably a girl, taught him.

Quote:
Rikka Takanashi (CV. Maaya Uchida):
A girl suffering from chuunibyou. A somewhat intense girl who you shouldn't assume can't talk for a while. With her made-up power, the Devilish Truth Stare, she engulfs her surroundings (especially Yuuta). Though she's become attached to Yuuta, she has a severe fear of strangers and adapts a battle pose whenever she meets someone for the first time. Considerably clumsy, she often trips and forgets things.
Extremely cute check, dojikko check, rather shy toward strangers check, gives audience the feeling of protectiveness check. Rikka is the very definition of moe in every sense given her description here. In any case, Kyoani is an expert when it comes to moe so I expect great things from anime Rikka.

Quote:
Shinka Nibutani (CV. Chinatsu Akasaki):
Yuuta's classmate and class rep. One of the most popular girl in the class due to her looks. Cheerful and diligent, she enjoys taking care of people. Really, she's the leader of the class.
No, such perfect character doesn’t exist in anime. There must be some sort of character flaw or hidden side in which we audience can exploit.

Quote:
Kumin Tsuyuri (CV. Azumi Asakura):
One year ahead of the others. This possessor of a talent to sleep anywhere always carries a pillow in her bag. She's so carefree that she's able to create a warm, calm atmosphere wherever she goes. She also can invoke a talent "Cell Phone no Cell Phone" that increases the rate of her finding a lost item 7-fold.
Seems like a harmless character and perhaps the most random of the bunch. Being an anime only character, the real question we should be asking is “What does she do exactly?” She could turn out to be just a filler character or maybe a surprise factor as hinted in the interview.

Quote:
Sanae Dekomori (CV. Sumire Uesaka):
Attracted by Rikka's Devilish Truth Stare, this third year middle schooler serves as Rikka's Servant. Because she's a bit reckless and silly, she often ends up hurting herself. Fallen ill to the same type of chuunibyou Rikka had, she also can go on a rampage greater than any in the rainy season. Naturally, she's a walking annoyance.
Another anime only character. If anything, the idea behind her creation could be to illustrate how chu2byo can be contagious or at least those who are infected naturally attract one another.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 14:28   Link #304
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So who is the long darked haired woman who's got fancy moves with a ladle?
Old 2012-08-15, 19:16   Link #305
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Still no mention of the male lead, which is interesting. Could KyoAni have been serious about actually finding some new blood to appear in one of its shows for a change?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:22   Link #306
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Still no mention of the male lead, which is interesting. Could KyoAni have been serious about actually finding some new blood to appear in one of its shows for a change?
KyoAni is well known for giving a chance to new authors in almost all of its Kadokawa products save for Hyouka. That was the case at least in Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-ON and Nichijou AFAIK.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 20:10   Link #307
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
KyoAni is well known for giving a chance to new authors in almost all of its Kadokawa products save for Hyouka. That was the case at least in Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-ON and Nichijou AFAIK.
What does that have to do with what seiyuu plays the male lead?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 20:31   Link #308
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
More than likely they're using the female cast for advertising right now, so those are the cast members that were first announced. The four will be at the pre-airing events, have been giving interviews, etc. We'll likely find out who's voicing Yuuta sometime soon.

On another note, the leaflets distributed by KyoAni at their booth which winhlp32 posted earlier today have the same character summaries I posted earlier. The interview with Ishihara/his comments on the characters are nothing new nor insightful, so I'm not translating them.

Old 2012-08-17, 02:19   Link #309
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

ultimatemegax, I saw you post on twitter that ZAQ is going to do a one women show for the OP. Is she known in any circle prior to this (like ChouChou?) or is she completely unknown up to this point?

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-08-17 at 03:57.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 02:39   Link #310
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

ZAQ is pretty much unknown up to this point. I think ultimatemegax has already mentioned she wrote and composed the two EDs from Saki Achiga-hen. She also has a Japanese twitter and Nico account, which gives no indications as to how she'll do the Chuunibyou OP.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 04:47   Link #311
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
ZAQ is pretty much unknown up to this point. I think ultimatemegax has already mentioned she wrote and composed the two EDs from Saki Achiga-hen. She also has a Japanese twitter and Nico account, which gives no indications as to how she'll do the Chuunibyou OP.
Interesting. So this anime is full of newcomers. And I can't help but notice that 3 out of 7 of her works on Nico are remix of Nichijou OPs/ED. Another on is also the last song in Nichijou OP1 single. That may explain something.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:08   Link #312
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Interesting. So this anime is full of newcomers. And I can't help but notice that 3 out of 7 of her works on Nico are remix of Nichijou OPs/ED. Another on is also the last song in Nichijou OP1 single. That may explain something.
So... we should get ready for the same kind of insanity we got from the Nichijou OPs? May Haruhi have mercy on our souls!
Old 2012-08-17, 07:51   Link #313
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So... we should get ready for the same kind of insanity we got from the Nichijou OPs? May Haruhi have mercy on our souls!
Not necessarily. In addition to the Saki - Achiga Hen EDs and character songs, she's also composed & wrote lyrics to the Dakara Boku was H ga Dekinai OP. Those would give a better indication of what she might do. It also depends on what Saito, the music producer, would like as well as what Supervisor Ishihara wants too.

Old 2012-08-17, 12:07   Link #314
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Not story-relevant, but what's the Japanese abbreviation for this? Chuunikoi?
Old 2012-08-17, 13:42   Link #315
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by _eternal View Post
Not story-relevant, but what's the Japanese abbreviation for this? Chuunikoi?
The hashtag used by the official twitter account abbreviates the title as Chu2koi.

Old 2012-08-18, 15:17   Link #316
Merry
One less to go around...

I'm trying my hardest not to get hyped for this show. I'll be so disappointed if it doesn't do well. @_@
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 15:20   Link #317
leokiko

Hardly possible that this will suck, the PV was very promising.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 21:31   Link #318
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

This week KyoAni has added comments by the revealed cast on their website. In addition, they informed that the latest issue of the fashion magazine Ranzuki will feature an article on the show. They've also updated character designs for Yuuta, Nibutani, Kumin, and Dekomori. Here's a comparison for Yuuta:

Old 2012-08-23, 21:50   Link #319
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
This week KyoAni has added comments by the revealed cast on their website. In addition, they informed that the latest issue of the fashion magazine Ranzuki will feature an article on the show. They've also updated character designs for Yuuta, Nibutani, Kumin, and Dekomori. Here's a comparison for Yuuta:
His middle school self looks badass and high school self is... blah is it really necessary for him to change that much in order to get into a decent high school? Rikka made into high school just fine with her chuunibyou still active.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 23:49   Link #320
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

that yuuta seem to have the benjamin buttons thing.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen