AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-13, 14:14   Link #1641
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmm, now I am torn to who to vote next round actually well, but now actually happy who will win either way.
MAL
Old 2011-01-13, 17:29   Link #1642
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
It's kind of funny that there is no Detective Conan, or Hitman characters in the final, after they dominated the earlier rounds. But that seems to be normal for moe tournaments. Saki dominated Saimoe Japan two years ago, but didn't get anyone in the semifinal. Nanoha has had tons of entries but rarely does it get anyone very far.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:27   Link #1643
broken270
Defying gravity

Final Round ... loading ...

After all of the predictions, voting, and hating, it all comes own to this. After a surprise victory from Haruhi and Shouta, the two advance to the final round of SBM. Here, Mikoto and Izaya would team up once again to challenge Haruhi and Shouta. The team of attaction comes from Mikoto and Izaya, with Izaya having consistent high votes and Mikoto having a sharp increase in votes. The team considered the underdogs of this match is Haruhi and Shouta, having delivered the impossible when defeating Ai and Shinichi. At this point and stage, literally anything can happen, from sudden drops to impressive spikes. Which team will become the SBM Champion?
Old 2011-01-13, 21:30   Link #1644
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
It's kind of funny that there is no Detective Conan, or Hitman characters in the final, after they dominated the earlier rounds. But that seems to be normal for moe tournaments. Saki dominated Saimoe Japan two years ago, but didn't get anyone in the semifinal. Nanoha has had tons of entries but rarely does it get anyone very far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Final Round ... loading ...

After all of the predictions, voting, and hating, it all comes own to this. After a surprise victory from Haruhi and Shouta, the two advance to the final round of SBM. Here, Mikoto and Izaya would team up once again to challenge Haruhi and Shouta. The team of attaction comes from Mikoto and Izaya, with Izaya having consistent high votes and Mikoto having a sharp increase in votes. The team considered the underdogs of this match is Haruhi and Shouta, having delivered the impossible when defeating Ai and Shinichi. At this point and stage, literally anything can happen, from sudden drops to impressive spikes. Which team will become the SBM Champion?
To tell the truth, Conan factions mustered up more votes than I expected.

( Reason : http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1528 )
Old 2011-01-14, 14:30   Link #1645
exec

Mikoto Misaka
Old 2011-01-14, 14:36   Link #1646
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmmm, if it wasn't for Haruhi's screens in disappearance I'd probably vote Mikoto, but due to them voted Haruhi.
MAL
Old 2011-01-14, 14:58   Link #1647
hinakatbklyn

That would of been a bad omen for Mikoto if I didn't noticed the voting had already started.

Misaka Mikoto (Railgun) / Izaya (Durarara)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmmm, if it wasn't for Haruhi's screens in disappearance...
I was tempted to change my vote for that very reason, but I ended up staying with my original choice.
Old 2011-01-14, 15:27   Link #1648
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmmm, if it wasn't for Haruhi's screens in disappearance I'd probably vote Mikoto, but due to them voted Haruhi.
This, plus I can't say I've enjoyed watching Misaka in Index. A couple months ago I would've hands down gone with Misaka.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:22   Link #1649
broken270
Defying gravity

Which team will become will become the SBM Champion? May the best team win.

1. Mikoto & Izaya
Old 2011-01-16, 10:16   Link #1650
broken270
Defying gravity

Congratulations to Mikoto and Izaya for becoming this year's SBM Champions!

What a wild ride that has. Haruhi just had a major boost from out of nowhere once again and overwhelmed Mikoto. It was a male side, however, that chouse the outcome of this match. Because Izaya toppled over Shouta and by a difference higher than the girls, Mikoto and Izaya would become the winners of SBM.

Score:
Mikoto: 2809
Izaya: 2283
Total: 5092

Haruhi: 3555
Shouta: 1469
Total: 5024

Last edited by broken270; 2011-01-16 at 10:38.
Old 2011-01-16, 10:19   Link #1651
hinakatbklyn

I had a feeling something like this would happen. I didn't make a prediction before because I knew not to underestimate a god (or goddess). It showed because Haruhi ended up with an insane boost which was more than Mikoto 1 on 1. However, Izaya's difference over Shouta was higher which gives Mikoto and Izaya the win in the final match. Mikoto finally has her moment on top, but that was a very close call.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:00   Link #1652
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Only a 70 vote win margin, not quite as close a call as Mio had in Best Moe vs Hitagi, but still very very close ; Congratulation to Mikoto , though I am glad to see Haruhi do so well too.
MAL
Old 2011-01-16, 14:50   Link #1653
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So in the end what does this contest tell us?

If you have a strong partner you can make it very far in the tournament even if your moe level is way lower.
Old 2011-01-16, 16:43   Link #1654
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem like a truely viable system. It isn't even like voting for President and Vice President "teams" since you can't topple a presidential runner by outvoting his Vice President with the other party's Vice President.

Tags
saimoe