AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 22:06   Link #7781
azul120

I think the opening up is one aspect that would be worked on were he to be brought back. * wink wink *

I'm a little surprised I had that effect on you regarding Rolo and Villetta, given that it's already been two years since the series ended. (Of course the Villetta loathing was delayed for me, as the implications hadn't completely sunk in yet.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 23:00   Link #7782
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i had no idea that the 28th was the 2 year anniversary of the last ep of R2. thanks gg for reminding me. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 23:53   Link #7783
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Celiss translated many things for the community and just translates it as it is. I only linked the final two sentences of her profile which Celiss translated. Which also lijianliang pretty much had the same translation. So there was no this translating it the way she wanted it to be.

Here's a link http://community.livejournal.com:80/...3030#t20343030

Repeating myself, most importantly I got that much just by the anime itself. Kallen's poem made this obvious even lijianliang came to that conclusion.

Regarding C.C, well I didn't see their relationship in a potential romantic light personally. Really won't elaborate on that. Though people see things differently.

Its pretty civil here btw.
oh I like the Rolo profile page it looks cute wish I knew what it said though.... *saves the screenshot to computer* even after two years I still love Rolo as much as I do know mmmm shota yanderes ftw ^_^

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 00:06   Link #7784
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I think the opening up is one aspect that would be worked on were he to be brought back. * wink wink *

I'm a little surprised I had that effect on you regarding Rolo and Villetta, given that it's already been two years since the series ended. (Of course the Villetta loathing was delayed for me, as the implications hadn't completely sunk in yet.)
Makes me wish Sayoko had wacked both Ougi and Villetta in R2 ep 15.

She hit Ougi, who was aparanently so dense that her throwing knives had little effect, and Villetta jumped off the cliff to save him.

That reminds me, where the heck was Sayoko when the BKs betrayed Lelouch?
Shouldn't she have done something?
Like take out Ougi for starters?
She knew he was a traitor harboring Villetta.
Old 2010-09-29, 00:18   Link #7785
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That reminds me, where the heck was Sayoko when the BKs betrayed Lelouch?
Shouldn't she have done something?
Like take out Ougi for starters?
She knew he was a traitor harboring Villetta.
Uh, she was kinda assumed dead as she was caught in the blast with Nunnally.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 00:27   Link #7786
azul120

The Impeded Messenger to those two Swiss Messengers.

And that waterfall scene reminded me of Villetta's crazy plot armor.
Old 2010-09-29, 00:40   Link #7787
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Uh, she was kinda assumed dead as she was caught in the blast with Nunnally.
Here's another question on that note: How did Sayoko get all the way from South America into Japan and back to Ashford in her condition (I know the short answer is "Because she's a ninja" but I'm curious as to the long answer)?

I'm assuming she actually was in South America because Schneizel made a comment to the effect of "Someone who disagrees with us has fled" and Nina had apparently left much earlier during the one month timeskip. Otherwise there seems to be a screwup in the timing of Schneizel's line as it should have come before Nina being in Ashford was established.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 02:17   Link #7788
Charred Knight

As far as I can tell the guidebook puts forth what Taniguchi and Okouchi where trying to get across from the series. Theirs only one person who Lelouch really wanted to live together, the one person that caused Lelouch to give up on life.

I don't see what's left to fight over
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 02:30   Link #7789
GundamFan0083

Quote:
The Impeded Messenger to those two Swiss Messengers.

And that waterfall scene reminded me of Villetta's crazy plot armor.
Which is why ZR felt like a Thirty Xantos Pileup!
Old 2010-09-29, 02:46   Link #7790
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
As far as I can tell the guidebook puts forth what Taniguchi and Okouchi where trying to get across from the series. Theirs only one person who Lelouch really wanted to live together, the one person that caused Lelouch to give up on life.

I don't see what's left to fight over
Because she was thought to be dead at the time.

Quote:
Which is why ZR felt like a Thirty Xantos Pileup!
Or rather, that the entire 2nd half of R2 was a Trauma Conga Line. Villetta's survival only helped lead to ZR.

BTW, look what I found under WMG on TVTropes:

Quote:
The end result of Code Geass was the result of a cunning plan developed by the most manipulative mastermind in the entire Code Geass universe...Kaname Ougi
. Just think about it, Ougi was the first person to recognize Lelouch's talent as Zero and realized that Zero had the tactical brilliance to overthrow Britannia, giving Ougi the chance to seize power. He then used his position in order to promote Zero's legitimacy, manipulating things behind the scenes while Zero simultaneously acted as a figurehead and did all the dirty work. Then, after he met Villeta, Ougi decided he wanted her too and so took advantage of her amnesiac state in order to get her to warm up to him and to plant the seeds of doubt in her mind, once she remembered that she was a Britannian. Fast forward to the events of the second season; Ougi is one of the first people to denounce Zero once his identity as Lelouch is revealed and uses his decision to turn against Zero to leverage getting Japan back from Britannia. After Lelouch escapes and returns as Emperor, Ougi sets him and Schniezel against one another. Furthermore, he anticipates Lelouch's use of the Zero Requiem. The result, Ougi finds himself in control of Japan, married to one of the hottest women in the series, in a stable world in which all external threats to his country have been neutralized. Only a truly brilliant and Manipulative Bastard could have possibly succeeded as well as he did.
Just added the following:

Quote:
** Allow me to take it a step further. Villetta wanted a better life, or at least to be on the winning team. She finds her first big break when she discovers the identity of Zero, only to go through an amnesiac phase after getting shot by Shirley. Nonetheless, by the start of the second season, she is promoted to nobility, and the head of the security detail overseeing Lelouch, because of her knowledge of Lelouch's Geass and identity as Zero. Nonplussed that her relationship with Ohgi is found out by Lelouch and used to blackmail her out of ratting on him, she attempts to kill Ohgi, until he protects her from Sayoko. Later, during Schneizel's discussion with the Black Knights, it turns out Villetta is the one who told Ohgi that Lelouch couldn't be trusted with his Geass. So what if Lelouch wasn't indiscriminate with his Geass, and actually loved Shirley, among other things that proved he was actually a decent guy? (And quite possibly that she might have known he couldn't use it more than once on the same person.) Villetta clearly hated his guts, and wanted him gone due to what she had gone through since they met, and what better way than to cause the betrayal with Ohgi? After Lelouch wasn't executed on the spot, she conspired with Ohgi to set up the other aforementioned events in motion, got knocked up, sat the rest of the battle on Horai Island until Lelouch had himself executed, and got herself hitched to her partner in crime. To quote a certain [[{{Yandere}} psycho]] {{Shotacon}}, it was the woman who led the man astray. Well played, you MagnificentBitch.

Last edited by azul120; 2010-09-29 at 03:11.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:54   Link #7791
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Here's another question on that note: How did Sayoko get all the way from South America into Japan and back to Ashford in her condition (I know the short answer is "Because she's a ninja" but I'm curious as to the long answer)?

I'm assuming she actually was in South America because Schneizel made a comment to the effect of "Someone who disagrees with us has fled" and Nina had apparently left much earlier during the one month timeskip. Otherwise there seems to be a screwup in the timing of Schneizel's line as it should have come before Nina being in Ashford was established.
Newsflash: Nothing about the last 7 or so episodes of R2 (at least) made any sense whatsoever.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 03:10   Link #7792
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Whoa whoa whoa...

Wait just a minute here.

Does someone actually, seriously, believe...

That Viletta is hot?

She's nothing but a throwaway Yoruichi-esque clone with an equally throwaway name that was probably thought up after only a second.

Still...she fills out a skimpy bikini quite well.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 03:13   Link #7793
azul120

Lol. Some people do find her legitimately attractive though.

Just made my own addition, which you can see in my previous message, btw.
Old 2010-09-29, 04:09   Link #7794
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Interesting stuff there.

Anyway, I was sort of shooting from the hip before, I suppose it would be better if I explained:

When I first saw her, my impression was that she was basically there as fanservice for those who go wild for the Ambiguously Brown types. Like that was her primary purpose, and the rest of her character was tacked on to give the illusion of depth.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 08:35   Link #7795
rinichan

this is what I think

Sorry for my bad english and I hope mny opinions wont affect people.

First of all hi to you and everyone else reading this post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Lelouch feelings for Kallen were left unknown and we don't know what it was which is a fact(Both turns 19 and 22 don't give you a complete answer in any case). Anyone can have their own opinion in regards to his feelings for Kallen and Shirley.

Well I start with Kallen first..ok?

What lelouch think about Kallen?

He first met her in episode (stage)2 right? In that time Lelouch was experiencing good mood since he got a new power, and he has high confidence that he can do anything. If that the case while Lelouch is testing his powers I think first impression of Lelouch to Kallen (and those other rebel ) is a pawn (so that he can go to Clovis).

But in the next episodes and as time progress Lelouch learns a lot about who Kallen really is (I remember Kallen was a transfer student right?) and why Kallen fights (we figure it out on episode 8 or 9 , I forgot actually) those things that Lelouch learn about her (not only Kallens reason but the other Black Knights personnel too), made him more determined as leader of the Black Knight. In school I dont think that Lelouch and Kallen is that closed to Lelouch ( timeline before Kallen knows he is Zero) , their relationship in school is like a mere classmate sumthing, but in S2 it change a bit. Now that Kallen knows about his identity as Zero he put some trust on her (making her the only person talk to him while his unmask aside C.C.).

Lelouch thinks Kallen is an important friend for her, I dont see this couple romantically tied to each other coz we all see Kallens reaction everytime she got jealous. The one in Turn" " (when Lelouch is using refrain) I think suggested that lelouch thinks Kallen is like the same like every girl, the one in Turn " "(is that the ep where Kallen has been hostage) didnt suggest that he has romantic feelings for her coz if ever he has he should at least insist and insist for her safety, even in Turn 22 kiss moment (just rewatch this yesterday - maybe I watch this 10x already including the dialogue and so on) all I can say is in that time all Lelouch cares is about doing his plans without fail. Lelouch also let go of her when their in the middle of confrontation againts those traitors (Turn 19 I guess), and we all saw that Kallen is madly in need of answers that time.

So Conclusion will be:
Kallen is very important to him like a friend. I'll rank the level of friendship to 8. However if the series still progress maybe the level of friendship might reach its limits and might be on the next level: infatuation. I think the last level should be love.

Last edited by rinichan; 2010-09-29 at 09:08.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 21:32   Link #7796
GundamFan0083

I have a question about these two images from a supposed "official" comic book.

And I know this is a delicate subject, but I really would like to know if these are fake.
My gut instinct is that they are.

These images appeared over on HongFire awhile back and while my first reaction is "They're Fake."
However on second thought, I wonder if Sunrise didn't approve of a comic/manga with this kind of ending in it?

Spoiler for In Japanese:

and the translation into English.

Spoiler for English:
Old 2010-09-30, 21:42   Link #7797
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:

And I know this is a delicate subject, but I really would like to know if these are fake.

These images appeared over on HongFire awhile back and while my first reaction is "They're Fake."
However on second thought, I wonder if Sunrise didn't approve of a comic/manga with this kind of ending in it?

Spoiler for In Japanese:

Spoiler for English:
hmm maybe its fanmade by the looks of it?? Thats my guess anyways could be wrong though

I don't care what anyone says I think Viletta is damn sexy with her hair down and in her amnesiac phase.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 22:17   Link #7798
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
hmm maybe its fanmade by the looks of it?? Thats my guess anyways could be wrong though

I don't care what anyone says I think Viletta is damn sexy with her hair down and in her amnesiac phase.
The issue with Villetta isn't her looks, at least at that time. It's what she was responsible for that matters.

Been caught up in a debate in the TVTropes WMG page of CG. Evidently I'm a Single Issue Wonk for raising a stink about the Zero Requiem, which is just a personal 'opinion' apparently. I won't deny the opinion part, but it isn't an uncommon one. The troper says I'm watching the wrong show if I'm not expecting it to end the way it did, even after the incongruencies I pointed out (dogs kicked as part of ZR, ZR being a personal choice and that there were other options, etc.) that contradict the atonement angle, and states that it's supposed to be a Tragedy, even though there are survivors at the end (not to mention that not all of them deserve it). The problem with said troper calling me a Single Issue Wonk is that she won't hesitate to defend Suzaku.
Old 2010-09-30, 22:18   Link #7799
Charred Knight

Quote:

Spoiler for In Japanese:

Spoiler for English:
That's obviously just fanart.

Keep in mind that manga is almost always in black and white with the rare color pictured. I think Trigun is the only manga I remember having that ends with a color picture. The art looks nothing like any of the code geass manga released anyway, and as already mentioned Taniguchi and Okouchi have flat out stated that Lelouch died.

Also the art is bad from a professional standpoint, and the background is obviously just a picture of some clouds that someone drew over.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 22:52   Link #7800
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post

Oh hell yes Villetta is sexy...on the outside.
On the inside she's a succubus that drained all the hope right out of the show!

Quote:
The issue with Villetta isn't her looks, at least at that time. It's what she was responsible for that matters.

Been caught up in a debate in the TVTropes WMG page of CG. Evidently I'm a Single Issue Wonk for raising a stink about the Zero Requiem, which is just a personal 'opinion' apparently. I won't deny the opinion part, but it isn't an uncommon one. The troper says I'm watching the wrong show if I'm not expecting it to end the way it did, even after the incongruencies I pointed out (dogs kicked as part of ZR, ZR being a personal choice and that there were other options, etc.) that contradict the atonement angle, and states that it's supposed to be a Tragedy, even though there are survivors at the end (not to mention that not all of them deserve it). The problem with said troper calling me a Single Issue Wonk is that she won't hesitate to defend Suzaku.
I saw that.
What is that woman's problem?
In classic tragedy the hero dies during the Epic Win not an Epic Fail or Downer Ending.
Darth Vader has a classic tragic ending.
He's a hero who wishes to do good and doen't fulfill his destiny until he sacrifices himself to save his son.
What Lelouch does is become the Big Bad in order to wash away the stain of something he is responsible for (Princess Massacre) and to atone for killing his father (which is what the R2 Guidebook says...and you know how I feel about that ).
Anyhow, that young lady needs to chillax and realize she doesn't know what classic tragedy is.
Even Okouchi said in the Continue 42 article (October 2008) that Lelouch is a "Modern Hero" that doesn't conform to classical standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's obviously just fanart.

Keep in mind that manga is almost always in black and white with the rare color pictured. I think Trigun is the only manga I remember having that ends with a color picture. The art looks nothing like any of the code geass manga released anyway, and as already mentioned Taniguchi and Okouchi have flat out stated that Lelouch died.

Also the art is bad from a professional standpoint, and the background is obviously just a picture of some clouds that someone drew over.

I thought as much, but some people were touting this as "proof" of RR/LL or whatever they call him now.

Just checked with you ladies and gents to see what you thought.