AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 11:17   Link #41
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

What's wrong with the show having a bit of a musical focus to it? I mean, it has Takagaki Ayahi in it, it's going to sound at least good.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:32   Link #42
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
What's wrong with the show having a bit of a musical focus to it? I mean, it has Takagaki Ayahi in it, it's going to sound at least good.
Although unlikely, I'm scared that it might turn into something like K-on... But that's probably me being over-worried, since I do put PA Works in high regard unlike "that other studio", which I have pretty much lost most hope on . Though it may very well possibly be some marketing scheme to draw in viewers considering how massive K-on is over in Japan.

Btw, I'm not much of a seiyuu fan so excuse my lack of knowledge in the field.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:32   Link #43
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
This.
Not only Takagaki Ayahi but the presence of Saori Haya or Asami Seto makes me think the staff was looking for girls who could sing.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:41   Link #44
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Although unlikely, I'm scared that it might turn into something like K-on... But that's probably me being over-worried, since I do put PA Works in high regard unlike "that other studio", which I have pretty much lost most hope on . Though it may very well possibly be some marketing scheme to draw in viewers considering how massive K-on is over in Japan.

You said it! You really said the name of "that" series which shall not be named!

Oh, it seems the seiyuus are a light of hope in this regard, thanks guys .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:48   Link #45
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Although unlikely, I'm scared that it might turn into something like K-on...
Well, I can understand that you might worry about that, but I think it's a bit premature to worry about that part since we still don't know what the show's plot going to be like. But I do get now why you weren't so keen on the music ...
Quote:
Well, it has less to do wtih being a seiyuu fan and more with being a an anime music fan lol. I've sampled a lot of music in my years watching anime, both good and bad, and I've reached the conclusion at some point that with the few exceptions (Mizuki Nana, Takagaki Ayahi etc.) seiyuu who are able to both sing and do voice acting is very rare, so whenever one comes along who can do both these acpects well enough I make a note of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
This.
Not only Takagaki Ayahi but the presence of Saori Haya or Asami Seto makes me think the staff was looking for girls who could sing.
Yeah, even though I'm not a fan of Seiyuu's music singles (I honestly think a lot of them just are not good) from what I heard so far from her, I know that Takagaki is an excellent singer. I can't make a judgment about Asami Seto (since I worry my opinion on Chihayafuru is colouring my judgment, since I pretty much love everything about that show lol) but I'm also sure Saori Haya can keep a tune as well. So yeah, the music element on this show is now a draw for me, and I hope they make full use of it.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:26   Link #46
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Seiyuu's music singles (I honestly think a lot of them just are not good) from what I heard so far from her, I know that Takagaki is an excellent singer. I can't make a judgment about Asami Seto (since I worry my opinion on Chihayafuru is colouring my judgment, since I pretty much love everything about that show lol) but I'm also sure Saori Haya can keep a tune as well. So yeah, the music element on this show is now a draw for me, and I hope they make full use of it.
Takagaki actualy comes from a music school rather than a seiyuu school so that's not surprising.
Asami seto holds her own,even live
I just remembered Saori and Takagaki have already released a couple songs together when they worked on Sora no Otoshimono together Hatsukoi and Odoriko
Sora no Otoshimono EDs were covers (original here and here)

Last edited by totoum; 2012-03-21 at 12:38.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:49   Link #47
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Remember that Angel Beats had more than a few musical elements to the story. I know that not everyone's a fan of that series, but you have to admit the music was well integrated into the story and had real impact, unlike those stupid "Let's have fun after school!" songs the chipmunk girls sing.

Of course, this time they have the guy who did Hanasaku Iroha's music instead of Jun Maeda, so who knows if it'll be the same quality.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:11   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm just hoping we have an over-arcing story and less slice of life.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:19   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hadn't noticed the Tari Tari logo had music symbols in it either. Then again, I didn't even look at that logo

This show being music-oriented is fine by me. I've never watched K-on, so I'm not prejudiced against cute girls doing cute music. I think I might even enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Remember that Angel Beats had more than a few musical elements to the story. I know that not everyone's a fan of that series, but you have to admit the music was well integrated into the story and had real impact, unlike those stupid "Let's have fun after school!" songs the chipmunk girls sing.

Of course, this time they have the guy who did Hanasaku Iroha's music instead of Jun Maeda, so who knows if it'll be the same quality.
You're right. In fact, the music is the one thing from Angel Beats I'd never criticize (actually, there is another: Tenshi). Hanasaku Iroha's music sounded good from what I remember, albeit not as outstanding as the music in Angel Beat. With the excellent singers they got, I think it'll be more than enough to carry the series nonetheless.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:26   Link #50
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ummm ... ok ... so, all that aside ... any more about what the series will actually be about? I don't mind slice of life stuff, but story and plot are nice too!
Old 2012-03-21, 17:29   Link #51
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ummm ... ok ... so, all that aside ... any more about what the series will actually be about?
No we don't,there's been zero words about the plot we just have pretty pictures to look at.
We don't even know the name of the characters.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:32   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
No we don't,there's been zero words about the plot we just have pretty pictures to look at.

We don't even know the name of the characters.
Ah well ... at least the pics are pretty.

Saw a page of it on moetron with some nice pics as well.

Let's see ... where was that page?

Ah ha....Here it is.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:33   Link #53
Miraluka
Banned

The names are on ANN site.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:41   Link #54
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The names are on ANN site.
The weren't there the last time I had looked but I seen it's been updated

Though I just checked the official website and still no sign of plot or character description.
Old 2012-03-21, 18:49   Link #55
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Ummm ... ok ... so, all that aside ... any more about what the series will actually be about? I don't mind slice of life stuff, but story and plot are nice too!
Well, one of the girls can ride a horse and shoot arrows. And another apparently likes the sun. That's about all we know so far.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 18:48   Link #56
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
This is really reminding me of the (not yet finished) debates on what Natsuiro Kiseki is about.

Here I am going to guess it will be a straight up slice of life series with a music theme.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:36   Link #57
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-04-07, 08:40   Link #58
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really hope there are some cool male characters in this.

And I find the lack of ZR most disturbing.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:08   Link #59
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for scan:
Old 2012-04-10, 14:44   Link #60
Miraluka
Banned

I find the lack of scans featuring Daichi most disturbing.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works