081 - 090: Great... 12 25.53%
071 - 080: Very Good... 2 4.26%
061 - 070: Good... 9 19.15%
051 - 060: Average... 0 0%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 2.13%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 2 4.26%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 2.13%
000 - 010: The animators/directors obviously hate you; why else wouldn they produce such drek... 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-19, 01:32   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 174 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki - うずまきナルト物語 ~ Uzumaki Naruto monogatari.

Description:
Quote:
With Nagato's story done, Naruto tells him his answer, declaring that he won't abandon the legacy of his master, and he'll keep striving for peace no matter what pain he's put through. Nagato reflects on what Naruto says, thinking back to his final days as one of Jiraiya's students. Nagato began to do a handseal showing his gratitude to Naruto, as he uses a technique that will bring back the souls of all the people in Konoha that he killed.
Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Hong Rong (164, 157, 148) and (A) Yumenosuke Tokuda (120, 107, 093)
Storyboard: Tsutomu Naniwa (164, 160)
Episode Director: Kanryou Kishikawa
Screenplay: Yasuyuki Suzuki (160, 151, 150) and (A) Masahiro Hikokubo (173, 168, 163)

Title for Next Episode:
The Hero of the Leaf Village - 木ノ葉の英雄 ~ Konoha no eiyū.

edit: I am aware of the extra "n" in "would" in the poll .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-25 at 23:05.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 04:42   Link #2
DarkHollowIchigo

The story continue´s, i wonder what naruto has to say to change Nagato´s view of thinking.
Old 2010-08-19, 06:22   Link #3
EoT
~~

Finally it's over..

Still too much talking for me but can't have it all can you?

Last edited by EoT; 2010-08-19 at 07:14.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 08:07   Link #4
Jerseykid

Well I was surprised, I thought it would have ended any other way other than changing Nagato's mind.

The preview has made me much happier. There was no way they would allow such a beloved character to truly die with only a one episode fight.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 09:47   Link #5
Sbetsho

Yes. This is a fantastic conclusion of this arc. :')
For me, this was the peak of the entire series (including manga this far). I really don't mind talking episodes if it is this interesting, Madara talking with Sasuke was also very interesting.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:04   Link #6
inspirations365

My thoughts:

I loved Konan's face. The whole time she's got this "Now WTF am I gonna do?" look on her face....and rightfully so. Now WTF is she gonna do with herself?

Otherwise, water-color flashbacks don't impress me. And flashbacks that we've seen a trillion times viewed at a different angle are still FLASHBACKS WE'VE SEEN A TRILLION TIMES!
inspirations365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:16   Link #7
Marvx360x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbetsho View Post
Yes. This is a fantastic conclusion of this arc. :')
For me, this was the peak of the entire series (including manga this far). I really don't mind talking episodes if it is this interesting, Madara talking with Sasuke was also very interesting.
I completely agree with you

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 11:01   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirations365 View Post
My thoughts:

I loved Konan's face. The whole time she's got this "Now WTF am I gonna do?" look on her face....and rightfully so. Now WTF is she gonna do with herself?

Otherwise, water-color flashbacks don't impress me. And flashbacks that we've seen a trillion times viewed at a different angle are still FLASHBACKS WE'VE SEEN A TRILLION TIMES!
Who knows what she is going to do with herself now. With her childhood friends continuing to kill themselves it kind of puts a damper on making new friends .

So appears we have a deus ex machina technique that will revive everyone who died. Well I kept thinking Kakashi's death was weak and here we are. Well suppose if Sasuke is going to attack the village can't have a ton of people dead before he even arrives.

Well you kind of figured that this arc would end with Naruto's words doing more damage than his attacks. Suppose they have to keep the contrast between a Naruto arc and a Sasuke arc. Naruto can't just go and kill his enemies after all.
Old 2010-08-19, 12:36   Link #9
kitten320

I didn't like this conclusion one bit in manga!

Everything was so epic, people and some main characters had actually died what added to drama and suspense and then all of a sudden they are all back!

Pein also got trolled, getting brainwashed by Naruto is just irritating. The whole Pein coolness was flushed in the toilet =/

Dead people should stay dead or become a zombie or something.
Old 2010-08-19, 13:34   Link #10
Arjento

With the lame death Kakashi got during this Arc, knew something h@x like this would happen.

Oh well, I guess Kakashi is a keeper now until the end of the Naruto series.

Correct me if I'm wrong but one you are revived you pretty much won't die a second time (Gaara?)
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:02   Link #11
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
My thoughts:

I think you're totally wrong on this one. Konan's life was all about Nagato and Yahiko, a true motherly figure for those two. So she was not worrying about herself but about Nagato.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:15   Link #12
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

yeah...not sure how I feel about what's the episode preview clearly shows happening. It certainly takes away from the devastation of Konoha's destruction. Hinata should be dead, too.
Old 2010-08-19, 16:10   Link #13
Jehuty

Aww, seeing Jiraiya again never fails to make me tear up. He was truly the best character in the entire Naruto cast. The music and the pace was excellent - and it ended in a great note, too.

There isn't much more I can say about the episode, just that I felt there was actual closure in this episode, even better than it was on the manga. I know the next episode will be the true end of the arc, but you know what I mean.
Old 2010-08-19, 17:06   Link #14
Kallen4life

people die when they are killed PLEASE Shirou said so !!! /cancel phoenix down spam noooo ((

naruto's jesus-no-jutsu, now with the power of a badfic !

oh well, i'm looking forward to the storm 2 game on PS3/X360 at least .. that has far cooler fights then manga/anime ever did
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:12   Link #15
inspirations365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think you're totally wrong on this one. Konan's life was all about Nagato and Yahiko, a true motherly figure for those two. So she was not worrying about herself but about Nagato.
Regardless, the question still stands!
inspirations365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:36   Link #16
Marvx360x

Quote:
Regardless, the question still stands!
Since Nagato has put his trust into Naruto I'd expect(hope) Konan to pop up some time in the future to help Naruto. Else it would be a huge waste of a character and I like her in the flashbacks. ^_^

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 21:35   Link #17
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
With the lame death Kakashi got during this Arc, knew something h@x like this would happen.
I kinda got this same feeling (I didn't read the manga). For a main character he didn't go out with a bang like Jiraya (or even Asuma for that matter). It was pretty anti climatic.

Anyways. I thought the episode was really good. The pace was good. The music was solid. It had some emotional parts in it. The flash backs were used to great effect.

A little cliche'd with the whole "Naruto tells bad guy his way of the ninja and now he's a good guy"

The question is... If Pain can resurrect people why not resurrect Yahiko? I imagine if he kept his body in good condition (which it seemed like good condition since he was using it to fight) its possible lol? or is there a time limit on how long a body can be dead for?
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 21:38   Link #18
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
The question is... If Pain can resurrect people why not resurrect Yahiko? I imagine if he kept his body in good condition (which it seemed like good condition since he was using it to fight) its possible lol? or is there a time limit on how long a body can be dead for?
Pain probably hadn't perfected that ability yet, and no doubt buried Yahiko a long time ago.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:01   Link #19
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Pain probably hadn't perfected that ability yet, and no doubt buried Yahiko a long time ago.
Wasn't he using Yahikos body during the right. I thought that was his main body. Maybe I'm mistaken though.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 22:53   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Wasn't he using Yahikos body during the right. I thought that was his main body. Maybe I'm mistaken though.
I thought he was using Yahiko's body. I'm assuming there is a time limit to how long someone can be dead and still revived. But it's such a hax technique they could just make up anything in terms of how it works .