AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 05:43   Link #3001
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Silence SaintessHeart!
If boys enjoy some Yuri, so let girls enjoy some Yaoi too.
But she's my waifu! I can't let that kind of stuff corrupt her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
She already is. It is too late.
This means that I have got 3 of my waifus who are BL fangirls (Fujibayashi Kyou, Shiina Mafuyu and now Shiori!)

Fix me some cyanide doc. I am committing suicide.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 07:52   Link #3002
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This means that I have got 3 of my waifus who are BL fangirls (Fujibayashi Kyou, Shiina Mafuyu and now Shiori!)

Here. Take care. I'm not sure I will miss you. One less rival means less work to do.
I thought we already got through this issue when we fought for Mafuyu, man ?

I mean, as long as they are not super crazy about BL stuffs, it's still cute to see they overjoyed about such thing. Yeah, just don't feed me those things.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:14   Link #3003
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

facepalm.jpg

Moé: the cancer that is killing anime...
Old 2010-12-10, 11:22   Link #3004
Seihai
スマイリウム

Rather than cancer it's more like an everlasting illness that makes anime suffer but keeps it alive at the same time. Sometimes it's got good effects, sometimes not.
SaintessHeart is clearly having bad effects from it.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:24   Link #3005
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Moé: the cancer that is killing anime...
I'm not even sure it has anything to do with moe, though...
Old 2010-12-10, 11:52   Link #3006
tsunade666

Quote:

You would be having a hell of a fun watching those girls talk the BL stuff I'm seeing ki-kun already

Moe isn't really the cancer that's been killing the anime industry. The moe stuff is the current lifeline for the other companies. And I also like moe to a certain level only.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:27   Link #3007
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
ki-kun and nakumeguro-senpai was it?
Old 2010-12-10, 12:38   Link #3008
tsunade666

that's mafuyu's delusion. I'm only seeing ki-kun stopping mafuyu for further in depth description of the scene.

I wonder what in the eyes of innocent shiori is this current scene developing. With bungaku or silent type think twice or faster than normal.
Old 2010-12-11, 00:10   Link #3009
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Rather than cancer it's more like an everlasting illness that makes anime suffer but keeps it alive at the same time. Sometimes it's got good effects, sometimes not.
SaintessHeart is clearly having bad effects from it.
So then it's the juju that is zombifying anime? Okay, I'll buy that analogy. Somehow the image of hordes of decaying otaku in pink Don't Say Lazy t-shirts shuffling along with their arms outstretched moaning "mmmmaaaiiii wwwaaaaiiiiiiffffuuuuuuu..." is oddly fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm not even sure it has anything to do with moe, though...
Let me be clear (with none of the condescension usually accompanying that phrase)... When I say "moé" in that context, I usually mean "moé for the sake of moé". It's when a series accentuates the cutesy or fetishistic-played-as-cutesy qualities of its characters above any consideration of more traditionally important story aspects such as plot, characterization, or pacing. Others may not agree with my use of the term, but I'm open to better suggestions. Any series where "nothing really happens" other than the characters looking cute (unless there's comedy or provoking action/dialogue that hinges on something other than the characters doing cute things) would be a prime example. K-on! and to a (slightly) lesser degree OreImo (see "fetishistic-played-as-cutesy") would be on my "moé" list. Haruhi and Negima, while chock full of moé (hell, Negima's Ken Akamatsu just about invented it) would not be on my "moé" list, because their stories and characters are more important to the overall package.

TL;DR: basically, if the story really has little to no redeeming value outside of the cuteness of its characters or their conformity to certain moé archetypes (tsundere, bro-con, idol, etc.), then I consider it a "moé" series.

And it's not even the series themselves that is the worst problem (although when otherwise worthwhile series sacrifice their humor, plot, and rich characterizations for a little ready-made fandom, that's certainly a problem), so much as its natural attraction to the worst of fandom behaviors. Fighting over heroines and shipping (especially in a series such as this where the "no heroine" ending is not only still on the board but is the smart money favorite) is bad enough, but "mai waifu"? Seriously? Come on... This series even makes fun of it.
Old 2010-12-11, 00:55   Link #3010
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
There's a goddess in Keima, and Yui will awaken it. XD
Even though you're joking, I think you're on the right track here actually, except she's not doing it for a goddess, but rather some other reason.

It's just a feeling, but somehow I believe Yui might be associated with the demons of old hell and are using her to get information out of Keima.

I suppose it could be actual love since she's one of the past captures, but like Keima stated I feel her advance was WAY too spontaneous to be so.
Old 2010-12-11, 03:16   Link #3011
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm thinking maybe we are going to get trolled again.
Wait, "trolled" is an actual word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Fighting over heroines and shipping (especially in a series such as this where the "no heroine" ending is not only still on the board but is the smart money favorite) is bad enough, but "mai waifu"? Seriously? Come on... This series even makes fun of it.
You know, sometimes I feel like people take thing on the internet way too serious...
I mean, come on, you can't tell when people are joking?
Old 2010-12-11, 05:12   Link #3012
tsunade666

Quote:
You know, sometimes I feel like people take thing on the internet way too serious...
I mean, come on, you can't tell when people are joking?
But their are really people who took seriously on that aspect. The aspect of
"mai waifu!"

I'm not taking it on the bad side but I'm staying on the neutral side. It's just that more than sometimes. That they are taking it on another level. Though for me an anime living only for moe stuff is still funny and entertaining so I will still watch it for entertainment. But that's all to it. Because their is no depth to even try understanding it more than what you saw

Quote:
It's just a feeling, but somehow I believe Yui might be associated with the demons of old hell and are using her to get information out of Keima.
Okay, this thing is messed up for me Yui can't become an agent of hell. She would just build up her own harem that's her goal
Old 2010-12-12, 06:54   Link #3013
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Yui can't become an agent of hell. She would just build up her own harem that's her goal
Hey yuri has gaps too.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:15   Link #3014
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

That's not really what I meant when I said I thought she might be working for OLD hell.

Do runaway spirits only hide in the hearts of girls though? Seems kinda weird for them to be gender-specific.
Old 2010-12-12, 19:55   Link #3015
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Do runaway spirits only hide in the hearts of girls though? Seems kinda weird for them to be gender-specific.
Um, because they actually need to be born in order to be resurrected? It's made pretty clear that they posses females so they can be reborn. I mean that's the reason why the Weiss possessing Rieko gave up, because she was infertile so it had no chance.
Old 2010-12-12, 21:35   Link #3016
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I see. I don't follow the series THAT closely so I admit I've forgotten some things that might've happened or been stated.
Old 2010-12-13, 01:34   Link #3017
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Keima is going to curse god if it's not .
Old 2010-12-13, 10:02   Link #3018
Shadow5YA

That birth thing is a lousy excuse. If Wakaki wanted, he could have made the Weiss hide in male sperm to be reborn. It's just that this isn't a shoujo series, so no one wants to see guys getting captured all the time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:17   Link #3019
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Here. Take care. I'm not sure I will miss you. One less rival means less work to do.
I thought we already got through this issue when we fought for Mafuyu, man ?
That is when I tried to teach her all about males and someone shot me for no apparent reason! What's wrong with educating a cute little girl about the details of humans?

Well, since Shiori probably read up on the theory of human anatomy, maybe I should teach her the practicals - *IS SHOT*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That birth thing is a lousy excuse. If Wakaki wanted, he could have made the Weiss hide in male sperm to be reborn. It's just that this isn't a shoujo series, so no one wants to see guys getting captured all the time.
If I am not wrong, the sperm's head only contain the DNA and does not contain the physical cell to be able to subdivide.

With the new Japan manga-content ban kicking in next year (courtesy of Alzheimic geriatrics who outlived their lifespans), I doubt I would be able to get what I want : a swimsuit episode.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 23:01   Link #3020
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
With the new Japan manga-content ban kicking in next year (courtesy of Alzheimic geriatrics who outlived their lifespans), I doubt I would be able to get what I want : a swimsuit episode.
Better worrying about school uniform (NSFW link) first.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen