AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 62 57.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 28.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.87%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-02, 04:26   Link #61
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Which reminds me ... was i the only one that found Wilhelmina flying through the better part of the episode somewhat odd ? Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, i don't ever recall her having demonstrated the ability for unassisted flight.
Well, that's mostly J.C Staff's fault
Old 2008-03-02, 07:14   Link #62
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
she used all sorts of abilities this week we've never seen her use before.
She probably never had a need to use them before. Since This guy is the strongest she is throwing everything she has at him. I wonder when Pheles shows up ( if she ever does).

I want to see how her powers compare to Sabrac.
Old 2008-03-02, 07:48   Link #63
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I wonder when Pheles shows up ( if she ever does).

I want to see how her powers compare to Sabrac.
next episode
Spoiler for pheles:
Old 2008-03-02, 08:41   Link #64
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
next episode
Spoiler for pheles:

Spoiler for flashback:
Old 2008-03-02, 09:34   Link #65
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

Now, back to the scheduled ep 20 discussion

Which reminds me ... was i the only one that found Wilhelmina flying through the better part of the episode somewhat odd ? Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, i don't ever recall her having demonstrated the ability for unassisted flight.
Well, in episode 4, didn't Wilhelmina fly and land on Yuji's balcony during Shana's rather jealous hehavior regarding Konoe?
Old 2008-03-02, 15:30   Link #66
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
next episode
Spoiler for pheles:
Lol Good one .

Spoiler for not really a spoiler:
Old 2008-03-02, 16:04   Link #67
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Lol Good one .

Spoiler for not really a spoiler:
I guess many would think that it's worse than nothing
Old 2008-03-02, 21:33   Link #68
CapoExecutor

are Sabrac's long-range attacks flame-based or lightning based?

if it were flame-based, the Azure would have been useful.

Yuji should've lended Blutsauger to Wilhelmina.
Old 2008-03-03, 10:59   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Everything is flame base in the shana world, unless its specified otherwise... but PoE skills are Flame Based.
Old 2008-03-03, 19:24   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn though, Sabrac is just insanely powerful. Can attack out of nowhere, inflict heavy damage that continues to get worse with time and has great defense. Total support to Carmel for standing strong even with that kind of opponent on her heels.

If Shana and Margery are going to do anything it will need to be sooner rather than later. Since if the wounds are just getting worse....

Well should at least be interesting to see what they do in this situation. Guy is just completely overwhelming. Definitely don't want to be on his list of people to kill.
Old 2008-03-03, 20:28   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I was amused by what initially appeared to be Shana and Wilhelmina shielding themselves from the initial attack while Yuji just hung on a string screaming his head off. Well, it turned out not to be the case, but at the time...

And someone finally tells him to stfu with the screaming. Yes, his alarm is justified, but this is amusing nonetheless.
Old 2008-03-03, 21:49   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well this episode was all about Wilhelmina The manipulator of objects. She used abilities that we have never seen before but hell up till now she has not had a need to. No one else in the group could be of any use none of them have ever faced Sabrac before. The only thing that Wilhelmina had in her favor was experience from previous battles most of which she barely escaped with her life. However she did a suburb job at distracting Sabrac and throwing him off his plan several times which allowed 2 or 3 good hits in didnt do much but allowed Yuuji to escape to the sewers. That wound is getting worse I surely hope she is not taken out but if she did go she put up one hell of a fight. This is the most iv ever seen her fight and as Skyfall said the most we have seen her fly

The Destructive Blade Sabrac himself was as fearsome as we were lead to believe. His voice was perfect and the BGM through the entire fight scene kept your attention. This is one fearsome SOB to actually hide that many swords within a flame thats like tidal wave maintain his ultimate defense and use an unrestricted spell to inflict the Stigma injury truly impressive. I also like how his techniques were definetly that of an assassin quick unpredictable, No wasted movement, and always the element of surprise. Two things that struck me with him was when he mentioned he lost a sword and he would need to get another from somewhere, where does he get his swords from what power does he use to call them forth. Second is that cloak of his. For some reason i feel like part of his defense is cloak. But as they said he really is a monster but a bad ass one at that. Everything he said he said it calmly and that just made his character even darker with that voice.

Right now its going to take all of them to bring him down. The problem everyone except Yuuji is injured. They cant retreat he will hunt them down 1 by 1 there is no where to go they have to fight the key will be using Yuuji's abilities which he doesn't seem to know anything about, Magerys unrestricted spells, Wilhelmina knowledge and speed and Shana's speed and power but again none of them are at full strength. Yuuji seems to feels something around him maybe that can be of use if they figured out what. But this is a guy that not even Pheles has been able to beat and the last time they fought Johan was sent to be pushing daises.

Great episode one of the best in a while i feel like almost everything was on point animation, BGM, Fight scenes and dialog.
9/10
Old 2008-03-03, 22:27   Link #73
Kristen
*Author

Well, that was one great battle. I loved Sabrac and all of his moves, although the lack of emotion did kind of get to me after a while. I'm not a fan of Wlhelemina's attacks/style, so I didn't like how she was the main focus...

This episode got bonus points for Kazmi's appearence. Use the hougu, become phele's flame haze, and start a new life with Yuji! Marriage awaits you if you use it!
Old 2008-03-03, 22:30   Link #74
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, that was one great battle. I loved Sabrac and all of his moves, although the lack of emotion did kind of get to me after a while. I'm not a fan of Wlhelemina's attacks/style, so I didn't like how she was the main focus...

This episode got bonus points for Kazmi's appearence. Use the hougu, become phele's flame haze, and start a new life with Yuji! Marriage awaits you if you use it!
That's impossible as using the hougu means you die right away. You don't even get to be a tourch.
Old 2008-03-03, 22:32   Link #75
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
That's impossible as using the hougu means you die right away. You don't even get to be a tourch.
Or is it a lie crafted by Pheles to test Kazumi's will?

Oh, and this episode gets an 8. Lots of fighting, which is nice for this series, but it seemed to be lacking on plot.
Old 2008-03-03, 22:33   Link #76
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Pheles wouldn't stand for being a Flame Haze sponsor. She wants to be with her lover, not stuck nobly "preserving the balance" as a FH.

Speaking of that, though, why didn't Pheles just give the hougo to Yuji, anyway? He certainly has plenty to spare, and he's got enough initial durability to cover most attacks until he activates it...

It was a good fight, but yeah, I was a little annoyed at how everyone else sat out of the fight.

Ha @ Sabrac's "errr... I finally got Yuji. Now what am I supposed to do?"
Old 2008-03-03, 22:37   Link #77
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Pheles wouldn't stand for being a Flame Haze sponsor. She wants to be with her lover, not stuck nobly "preserving the balance" as a FH.

Speaking of that, though, why didn't Pheles just give the hougo to Yuji, anyway? He certainly has plenty to spare, and he's got enough initial durability to cover most attacks until he activates it...

It was a good fight, but yeah, I was a little annoyed at how everyone else sat out of the fight.

Ha @ Sabrac's "errr... I finally got Yuji. Now what am I supposed to do?"
I don't know. She seemed to be against tomogara who disrupted the balance and traveled with her lover and Wilhelmina. From what the anime suggested, she could very well have a nobel cause and maybe be fighting because Johan asked her to protect the balance. Flame Haze sponser would be perfect in those regards.
Old 2008-03-03, 22:42   Link #78
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
this episode was full of action, its been awhile since we've seen one of these action packed episodes, overall good episode
Old 2008-03-03, 22:45   Link #79
CapoExecutor

Can Unrestricted Methods made by their creators be "borrowed for use" by others?
I see the Fuzetsu being used by so many. Perhaps Yuji or someone could mimic the Stigma and use it against Sabrac?
Old 2008-03-03, 22:58   Link #80
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Wow, did I just get an ENTIRE freaking episode of Carmel?

Yes I did.

Was she kicking ass?

Hell yes!

Did I get an absurd amount of close ups on her?

Damn right.

Best.

episode.

Ever.

^___________________________^

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Closed Thread