AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2008-12-29, 19:32   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, I got a really Clannad vibe from the artwork... the whole club-based thing reminds me of Nagisa's arc a bit.

Character designs are much more like Kannagi than Lucky Star, though...

I would personally love a more fluid 4koma-based show... LS felt rather off because of the constant scene-switching.
Hmmm fluid, yea I think I should have used that word.

Talking about 4-komas and that this show is one, I've learnt ironically one of the best things I've ever heard. I hated the usage of the word 'overrated' but:

"Plot is overrated."

If plot is so damn essential, I have totally no idea why Azumanga, Lucky Star, Minami-ke among others were so successful. Oh and sorry I have to talk about it for the last time , I guess this also includes Haruhi anime. But of course we all know if there's a season 2, its going to be the bulk of plot.

As a 4-koma series, its highly possible K-On! would have little to no plot. Just another enjoyable series like how Kannagi turned out to be.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-29 at 19:58. Reason: remove off-topic thread
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:43   Link #22
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, Azumanga actually did have some plot... but it was mainly character-driven. And awesome. And touching. Did I mention awesome?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:49   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Well, Azumanga actually did have some plot... but it was mainly character-driven. And awesome. And touching. Did I mention awesome?
Kannagi also did have a plot, but it disappeared and people loved it lol

I can't seem to find anything K-On! on google, plus the website doesn't have anything.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:59   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

As long as people aren't spreading false dichotomies such as "you either have plot or you have fanservice." That's...just not right at all. Every show is different. Some naturally lend themselves to an ongoing story, some are just episodic and fun, and there's nothing wrong with that. K-on looks like the latter. As I stated back in my first post, the premise is enough to draw me to this series no matter who's animating it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 20:01   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

17 off-topic posts deleted. This show is not Haruhi Suzumiya. If you want to discuss that show, go to the appropriate forum. Please stay on-topic.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 20:57   Link #26
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
This page about the K-On! manga has some preview pages: http://www.dokidokivisual.com/comics...st.php?cid=200
The second manga volume will be released on February 26, 2009.

Wallpaper:
Thanks for posting. I wonder why it went unnoticed...

now, if somebody could translate the little preview...

I wish Yen Press could pick this one up. I really like what they have been doing as of late: licensing 4koma titles and making them available in English. I'm the proud owner of one of those titles (SS Astro) released this year and I would love to have this one as well, if they are planning to go for more 4komas.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 21:15   Link #27
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Yeah, I got a really Clannad vibe from the artwork... the whole club-based thing reminds me of Nagisa's arc a bit.

Character designs are much more like Kannagi than Lucky Star, though...

I would personally love a more fluid 4koma-based show... LS felt rather off because of the constant scene-switching.
Yeah, it really does look like a Kannagi/Lucky Star mix. I just hope it isn't filled with constant cute scenes because the trailer doesn't feel like that. And I'm also interested in what the seiyuu choice will be. Singing will have to play a role so I hope they get someone really good.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 23:41   Link #28
Decel

Ah, music anime! My new favourite genre!

Beck was interesting
Nodame Cantabile was refreshing (though the second season seemed to focus a lot less on the music)
Suzumiya Haruhi's music part sealed the deal!

I really hope it doesn't have the LS-style plot (or even Azumanga's, even though it's one of my favourites). I hope this series has a beginning, middle and end to it. Basically, constant flow.

Too little detail seem to flow out of it though, summer release?

Oooh, the seinen tag makes me more curious about it all. Hope I am not dissapointed.
Old 2009-01-19, 16:28   Link #29
brocko

Well, the mustard is off the hotdog. KyoAni will be pulling the strings as predicted

Linky NSFW!
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...yoani-ficaton/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 16:35   Link #30
Shiori-chan

what a valid source...
I still think it's A-1 Production who is gonna do this, teaser reminded me more of kannagi style BUT if it's KyoAni, I would be in 7th heaven
Old 2009-01-19, 16:39   Link #31
brocko

Hm.... Sankaku not reliable? =/ I'll try keep that in mind next time lol =P

EDIT:
Quote:
They don't quote a source, they just state that KyoAni is animating it. I really, really hope that KyoAni will do it though.
Ah, yes your right. I guess I got a little bit too giddy and kinda overlooked it when I normally wouldn't have. My mistake! lol =P

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2009-01-19 at 17:26.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 16:43   Link #32
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Well, the mustard is off the hotdog. KyoAni will be pulling the strings as predicted

Linky NSFW!
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...yoani-ficaton/
They don't quote a source, they just state that KyoAni is animating it. I really, really hope that KyoAni will do it though.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 22:38   Link #33
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It still looks a lot more like Kannagi than Lucky Star.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 23:33   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Artefact claims he has a source, but has yet to state if it's official or even present it to the public. I've asked him about both and will report back with what I get should I get an answer.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 00:17   Link #35
Jarmel

Yea the style seems closer to A1 then really KyoAni. Is A1 doing any new projects in the spring season? If not then they might have the staff for this moreso than KyoAni which it seems is kinda busy at the current time.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 01:23   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Yea the style seems closer to A1 then really KyoAni. Is A1 doing any new projects in the spring season? If not then they might have the staff for this moreso than KyoAni which it seems is kinda busy at the current time.
A-1 Pictures are doing Valkyria Chronicles but that doesn't mean they aren't doing K-On! since they did Black Butler at the same time as Kannagi and are still producing it along with Birdy Decode 02 atm.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 04:22   Link #37
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So the official word from Quen of Sankaku is that it is merely 2ch speculation at this point. Why Artefact chose to write the article as if it was a given fact is beyond me....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 05:02   Link #38
cyth
Banned

That's the thing about entertainment, it doesn't have to be factual.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 16:58   Link #39
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Trolling is the best way to gain attention. What else is more effective than that?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 17:29   Link #40
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A decent product maybe?

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen